Ballard Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
it was an internship
Level II Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 6, 2017
I did my internship approximately 11 years ago. My experience could be so different from what it would be today. I learned so much from the therapist that was not my direct clinical supervisor. My direct supervisor did not help me at all.
Pros
good support staff
Cons
n/a
great place to work when I was there.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 18, 2017
I I'm currently working 10 hrs a week as a peri-diem staff. However when I was there full time it was a great experience. The supervisors and manager were very supportive to staff. It was like a family
Pros
great staff
Cons
could be stressful at times
good place to work at
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 8, 2017
always interacted with employees and patients. A fast pace job sight. always. Supply rooms kept neat. Helpful with all employees and and patients assisting supervisor
fast work place and great people
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 1, 2017
great place,not much of a job of a job security, under staffed and sometimes not enough help at night.what i learned was that some patients have disphgeia and dimenetia and i got to meet great people
I would recommend this workplace whole heartedly
Clinical Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 6, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Family-Like atmosphere. I had the chance to learn new skills. The first 2 yrs I was the staff educator, employee health Nurse, and the infection control professional.

There are many long- term employees and we all worked as a team.
Pros
Family oriented atmosphere. Valued as an employee
Cons
Long days lots of driving.
Work environment was not very great.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 5, 2017
The co-worker that I worked with was always in a bad mood. It made the work place environment very hostile. Management was good. A great place to move up.
Very helpful and fun environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 10, 2016
So far it has been a very nice place to work. The days are long, and fast paced. I learned that others are willing to help and have you learn what you do not have. My co-workers are really concerned about everyone being on the same page. The hardest part of the job for me was. In the beginning to remember things maybe but after a while it comes easy. I enjoy my job.
Pros
Free luch and patient satifications
Cons
Short breaks
Ballard Rehabilitation Hospital has a (5) star rating with most patient reviews. It is continually updating survey ratings for patient care.
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 17, 2016
A typical day at Ballard Rehabilitation Hospital can turn into an atypical day. We are admitting patients with acute rehabilitation circumstances such as strokes, total knee removal, hip replacements, brain injuries, speech impediments and other physical impairments. What begins with census reports, insurance verifications and hospital referrals, can become interrupted with patient distress, or family disturbances or patient's leaving against medical advice. I have learned to be sensitive and insightful with patient care and coworker interactions. The hardest part of my job is keeping a level head in a fast pace environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people who understand teamwork and patient care.
Pros
Working with professional and caring employees
Cons
Keeping our census rate in a range that is approving to our corporate office
Great Place to work.
Physical Therapist License Applicant (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Great work place. Co-workers are willing to share and teach.Learned a lot from my student internship and wanted to come back.
Job Stability but Low Pay
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 31, 2014
It's an okay place to work. The management is incredibly lazy, but you have job stability even if you're incredibly lazy and the pay is very low for a hospital.
Great People
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 4, 2013
Enjoyed the people I worked with. Not very sure on the management team.
Pros
Co-Workers