Ballard Spahr LLP

Ballard Spahr LLP Employer Reviews

Director Of Enterprise Security
Director of Enterprise Security (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2014
Developed Information Security and IT Risk management programs for a 1,300-user large, multi-practice, multi-regional law firm partnership for 12 North American offices consistent with the firm's strategic plan. Introduced consultative methods and best practices to improve the maturity of a re-organized Information Systems organization.
Overworked and Underpaid
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2014
Pros: only pro is the free breakfast on fridays
Cons: too many to list
Although the overtime pay was good, I had absolutely no work/life balance at all. Long hours everyday, including weekends left me tired all of the time. The office is unorganized, many of the people were unprofessional, and management was the WORST. Never have I been so overworked and unappreciated in my entire career until I started working there. – more... I truly enjoyed my line of work until I started at Ballard. Needless to say, I left and have never been happier. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy. If you start working there, prepare to not have a life outside of work and to be gossiped about constantly by the no-life employees there. Have a nice day! :) – less
Records Specialist always busy
Records Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2014
A typical day
Requesting, inputting, formatting, returning, transferring, storing and destroying of records
Quick and efficient retrieval of information for attorneys, paralegals and staff
Provide support of electronic Records Management Application: Legalkey
CFO Position
CFO Candidate (Former Employee), PhillyOctober 20, 2013
The posted CFO position is a joke. It gets reposted every three months and they bring in candidates just for the purpose of wasting their time. If they were more honest, they could narrow down their selection by simply saying "long hours, low pay"
Typical Day at Work
Records Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, good people, beautiful views, newest equiptment, great benefits
Cons: slightly below what salary i'd ike.
Would be make my rounds, making sure everything is going smoothly. Helping others if needed.

I have learned an immense amount since ive joined this great company in 2007. I have learned how to act in a business-like work place. How to prepare for meeting, and when and when not to speak up.

Its funny because my favorite co-worker used to sit next to – more... me. We share all types of storys about anything in general. Since I was so young when I started he basically taught me how everything went. I'd say he took me under his wing. Now that I have my degree and he had moved on to a better more fufiling job, I think its my time. – less
One of the largest law firms in the country
Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2013
A good place to work; however, the litigation attorneys in the Baltimore office are extremely "technology-phobic" which was very frustrating.
Puts little value on employees
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2012
I worked at Ballard Spahr and watched them let go 3 rounds of people. No warning.
Great place with great people
Anonymous (Former Employee), East CoastApril 29, 2014
Pros: great people work at the office and free breakfast on fridays!
I recommend working here. Great employees who work here who love their jobs and are highly skilled at what they do.