Senior QA Engineer
Balluun is a fast growing, VC backed start-up and has built the leading social business-to-business wholesale commerce platform. Balluun provides a complementary service for tradeshows and other wholesale service providers who want to offer a state-of-the-art digital experience to their clients. Balluun's mobile and web applications run off innovative social B2B technology and seamlessly integrated transaction capabilities to enhance customer experience.
At Balluun, our quality assurance team is entrusted with verifying the functionality, integrity, and usability of our software. The team works diligently to identify and resolve issues before we release it to our users to ensure a flawless experience. Their relentless focus on product quality and extreme attention to detail allows us to deliver our revolutionary software platform.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to improve and automate our current testing framework. In addition, you’ll help validate specs, verify fixes, and be our resident expert in automation testing.
- Tasks performed will include but are not limited to test planning, test cases, black-box and white-box testing, manual testing, test automation, test environment setup/teardown, defect logging and verification.
- Works collaboratively as part of the development team with product managers, software engineers, and architects to define and execute tests throughout the project lifecycle.
- May be required to provide guidance to other test engineers.
- Defines, creates, and maintains test data as needed.
- Continuously re-evaluates the test strategy to adjust for new information, changing risks, shifting priorities, and schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science
- Expert level experience with “MySQL” or Oracle DBMS
- Expert level experience with Selenium Web driver, VBScript, HP QTP, QC and Load Runner or comparable tools
- Experience with Agile framework
- Significant experience in key word, data-driven test frameworks
- Expert level experience with different types of testing (regression, performance, etc.), different levels of testing (unit, system, etc.), and different testing methods (boundary values, execution path, etc.)
- Good understanding of the web and mobile development technologies
- 3+ years SQA experience in complex technical environments
- Demonstrated ability to successfully participate as a SQA team member on large, complex projects from design through Production deployment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels (i.e. Management, SQA, DEV, Business Partners, Security, etc.)
- Knowledge of industry standards and SQA best practices
- Expert research and analytical skills involving technical and business process documentation - including system architecture, detailed design, and requirements
- Demonstrated experience in developing comprehensive and accurate test designs and conditions through research and analysis of documentation and from socializing with technical and business experts
- Significant experience designing and executing QA black, white and gray box test conditions
- Writing and executing test plans, designing and developing test tools, debugging and reporting code bugs and pushing quality upstream
- Experience in mobile testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Easy and adaptive personality
- Fast, accurate & enthusiastic self-starter
- Independent thinker with tenacity to maintain focus on issues until satisfied they are adequately resolved
- Basic understanding of PHP, Java, and/or Objective-C a huge plus
Perks & Benefits
Full Medical and Dental Coverage
Commuter Train Passes
Fun Team Building Trips and Events
Kitchen Stocked with Snacks and Drinks
Imported Swiss Chocolate
Ping Pong Table (and Tournaments!)
Stunning Silicon Valley views from the 17th floor
Balluun is looking for qualified candidates who are eager to grow with us. If this sounds like you, apply today! We look forward to meeting you and introducing you to our company.
A global company, Balluun has headquarters in Switzerland and conducts its groundbreaking technology development in Silicon Valley. The company's mission is to be the leader in providing patented technology solutions for tradeshows that facilitate, manage, and build wholesale commerce for buyers and sellers worldwide and across all industries. Balluun’s technology is an innovative solution that addresses the needs of tradeshows and leverages the economies of scale technologies can provide. With a guiding philosophy of connecting buyers and sellers and catalyzing growth, Balluun is re-imagining how businesses are created, managed, and can thrive with a technology-driven social business model.
A global company, Balluun has headquarters in Switzerland and conducts its groundbreaking technology development in Silicon...