Bally Technologies Employee Reviews

Great pay
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2016
Friendly, hard working and knowledgeable people. Monthly review and re-forecast of budget. Upper management has an open door policy and will stop what they are doing to listen.
Bally use to be a great place to work but now it is Scientific Games
Director (Current Employee) –  NevadaJune 16, 2016
Quote from senior management: "I would rather an employee quit than to have them transfer out of my department." This clearly relays two things. SG does not care about their employees and that they do not have any career advancement within the company.
Worst experience
Client Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2016
Considering that Bally Technologies is in the gaming industry one would assume the environment be more exciting and high paying. Not quite the experience I was faced with on the job.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Work schedule, culture, lack of strong leadership
Great Co-workers
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2016
Made long life friends. great people all round but too many mergers messed company morale up. close to home and short breaks
Pros
nice building
Cons
too many New managers
n/A
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2016
lots of overtime and nice people to work with i would have to say the hardest part of the job would be standing on your feet all day
Unfair treatment to asian descent
Slot Machine Assembler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2015
The workplace is good. Asians are not being treated fairly when it comes to work advancements especially on filipinos. People that works hard stays where they are and the people that don't work hard, advances.
Excessive traveling!
Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
Client services team in the system division does not have a work-life balance and the compensation does not justify this too.
Great Warehouse Training & Close Commute
Material Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYOctober 21, 2015
Great managerial job opportunity shortly after separating from military. On-the-Job warehouse training. Certified Forklift operator. Trucking experience. 5 minute commute a definite plus.
Good company going through a number of aquisitions
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Las VegasOctober 13, 2015
One of the two biggest companies in the gaming sector, going through a transition as they have been acquired.

Typical benefits and salary.
Pros
stable, industry leader
Cons
still in period of reacting to being acquired
Bad Management
Senior Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 11, 2015
No forward thinking in product lines. Management not in touch with workers. Every man for themselves- no team or company culture.
Easy and fun environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2015
Bally Technologies is an amazing company to work for. Alot of kind and courteous people work there and everyone in the human resources department are absolutely wonderful. No matter what anyone through out the whole company is ready and willing to bend over backward to help anyone who needs it.
Pros
exciting constantly changing pace
Cons
career advancement/progression is limited
challenging, but productive job
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 18, 2015
Most enjoyable part of my job is helping others resolve their IT issues. I've learned the Unix based operating system. A typical day's work is helipng others, customers and coworkers to resolve customers' IT issues.
Work hard, but they overall take care of you
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 24, 2015
I worked for Bally for 17yrs. Was let go when they were purchased by Scientific Games. I don't hold Bally any wrong, as it was a business decision. Though I will miss all the people I worked for. The company overall was great to work with. They worked you hard, but paid well. Open schedule if you need to go to the doctor or run an errand. The people were great to work for. They seemed a little management heavy, but management took care of you...can't say how it is with scientific games though.
Productive and fast paced, fun place to work.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaFebruary 28, 2015
We build 80 EGMS's and complete hot, must ship, game down orders daily. I love the lean manufacturing culture where there is always something to improve.
Pros
Great benefits
loved my job
Production Control Operations Materials Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2015
Responsibilities:
Creating pick tickets
Creating 5 part manufacturing tickets
Creating finished product tickets
Maintaining finished product locations

While I was in this position at Bally's I was responsible with the help of my boss for implementing new processes that reduced warehouse pick times and in doing so we increased production. When I started it took 62 minutes to produce one slot machine. By the time I finished the production time for one slot machine was only 22 minutes.
Pros
company allowed me to grow.
Cons
nothing negative to say.
Great place to work; ample opportunity for advancement.
Production/Planner-Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2014
During my 7 years at Bally, I was fortunate to work in several departments and collaboratively provide support and assist different areas of projects.
Best Job of My Life, Like Family and Great Opportunity
Senior Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 17, 2014
I had the great pleasure of working in the Systems customer support area for many years with this company. While there were management changes that came with mergers and acquisitions (some were really painful, others were absolutely fantastic),most of the people I worked with had been a part of the company since it's inception and were fantastic people. Over the years, many reps came and left, but those who stayed were impressive, hard working, creative, compassionate and dedicated employees that it was an honor to work with. Support responsibilities ranged from taking inbound calls from customers and documenting customer questions, concerns, complaints; then providing prompt, accurate and appropriate information or actions to address their inquiries. Customers are usually casino employees in various departments, depending on the product being supported. Bally is pretty inclusive as it supports a number of integrated slot floor, accounting and player tracking functions. Calls range from basic questions to in-depth mission critical troubleshooting that may require additional assistance from other departments. In the most serious events, it's probable that the support folks may need to remain with the call until the customer issue is resolved so that their business operation functionality as it relates to this product is restored. For those situations, work-life balance is a bit muddled in the frenzy. It's a bit of a difficult learning curve as it takes a bit of time to learn the complexity and scope of the systems supported, which might include learning more about customer procedures,  more... other equipment manufacturers products, regulatory requirements in addition to the functions of the Bally products involved. I was happy with compensation and benefits- 5000K education reimbursement, 401k, Decent healthcare, Employee Stock Purchases, Health and Dependent care FSA's, educational saving account options, Life insurance, etc. My favorite part was working with great people- smart, compassionate, funny, creative, wise, human and awesome people. So many learning opportunities if you're open to that. There was a lot of opportunity for advancement, transfers to other departments, but with the recent purchase of the company, it's likely those opportunities may not be as bountiful as before. Customer Support does/did have the opportunity to travel to customer sites to participate in installations or upgrades, but this may change also, with the change of owner. Installers often have very long and demanding hours with direct customer contact.  less
Pros
Fantastic people, Great Learning Opportunities, Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Some days are really long, a bit intimidating at first with learning multiple products, current transition of the company ownership may make job stability uncertain at this time.
Same as above
Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2014
This is the same as the job above for Bally Tech working as a collection Analyst.
Job culture positive
Collection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2014
Compensated vwey well for job title. No advancement opportunities,
Many stay forever, but they don't move very far
Firmware Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 15, 2014
Many of the people I worked with had been at the company for 7+ years. However, they were still working the same job as when they started.
The company was recently purchased, and many people were laid off. Where the company is going now is anyone's guess.
The gaming world itself is in decline in the US, so these companies are having trouble growing at all, and will probably contract over time.
Pros
Beautiful area, somewhat relaxed atmosphere, people are good
Cons
Mediocre pay, mediocre time off, one would certainly need other hobbies for fulfillment - this is just a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bally Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9