Bally Technologies Employee Reviews

Easy and fun environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2015
Pros: exciting constantly changing pace
Cons: career advancement/progression is limited
Bally Technologies is an amazing company to work for. Alot of kind and courteous people work there and everyone in the human resources department are absolutely wonderful. No matter what anyone through out the whole company is ready and willing to bend over backward to help anyone who needs it.
challenging, but productive job
Support Specialist (Current Employee), Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 18, 2015
Most enjoyable part of my job is helping others resolve their IT issues. I've learned the Unix based operating system. A typical day's work is helipng others, customers and coworkers to resolve customers' IT issues.
Work hard, but they overall take care of you
Project Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 24, 2015
I worked for Bally for 17yrs. Was let go when they were purchased by Scientific Games. I don't hold Bally any wrong, as it was a business decision. Though I will miss all the people I worked for. The – more... company overall was great to work with. They worked you hard, but paid well. Open schedule if you need to go to the doctor or run an errand. The people were great to work for. They seemed a little management heavy, but management took care of you...can't say how it is with scientific games though. – less
Productive and fast paced, fun place to work.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits
We build 80 EGMS's and complete hot, must ship, game down orders daily. I love the lean manufacturing culture where there is always something to improve.
loved my job
Production Control Operations Materials Lead (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: company allowed me to grow.
Cons: nothing negative to say.
Responsibilities:
Closing work orders
Inventory adjustments
Cycle counts
Creating PO's
Creating pick tickets – more...
Creating 5 part manufacturing tickets
Creating finished product tickets
Maintaining finished product locations

While I was in this position at Bally's I was responsible with the help of my boss for implementing new processes that reduced warehouse pick times and in doing so we increased production. When I started it took 62 minutes to produce one slot machine. By the time I finished the production time for one slot machine was only 22 minutes. – less
I was productive for my working with my employer
Techno-Functional Consultant (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 17, 2014
I was productive for my working with my employer
Working with Intellectual team
Learning a new technologies
Great place to work; ample opportunity for advancement.
Production/Planner-Scheduler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2014
During my 7 years at Bally, I was fortunate to work in several departments and collaboratively provide support and assist different areas of projects.
Best Job of My Life, Like Family and Great Opportunity
Senior Application Analyst (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 17, 2014
Pros: fantastic people, great learning opportunities, good pay and benefits
Cons: some days are really long, a bit intimidating at first with learning multiple products, current transition of the company ownership may make job stability uncertain at this time.
I had the great pleasure of working in the Systems customer support area for many years with this company. While there were management changes that came with mergers and acquisitions (some were really – more... painful, others were absolutely fantastic),most of the people I worked with had been a part of the company since it's inception and were fantastic people. Over the years, many reps came and left, but those who stayed were impressive, hard working, creative, compassionate and dedicated employees that it was an honor to work with. Support responsibilities ranged from taking inbound calls from customers and documenting customer questions, concerns, complaints; then providing prompt, accurate and appropriate information or actions to address their inquiries. Customers are usually casino employees in various departments, depending on the product being supported. Bally is pretty inclusive as it supports a number of integrated slot floor, accounting and player tracking functions. Calls range from basic questions to in-depth mission critical troubleshooting that may require additional assistance from other departments. In the most serious events, it's probable that the support folks may need to remain with the call until the customer issue is resolved so that their business operation functionality as it relates to this product is restored. For those situations, work-life balance is a bit muddled in the frenzy. It's a bit of a difficult learning curve as it takes a bit of time to learn the complexity and scope of the systems supported, which might include learning more about customer procedures, other equipment manufacturers products, regulatory requirements in addition to the functions of the Bally products involved. I was happy with compensation and benefits- 5000K education reimbursement, 401k, Decent healthcare, Employee Stock Purchases, Health and Dependent care FSA's, educational saving account options, Life insurance, etc. My favorite part was working with great people- smart, compassionate, funny, creative, wise, human and awesome people. So many learning opportunities if you're open to that. There was a lot of opportunity for advancement, transfers to other departments, but with the recent purchase of the company, it's likely those opportunities may not be as bountiful as before. Customer Support does/did have the opportunity to travel to customer sites to participate in installations or upgrades, but this may change also, with the change of owner. Installers often have very long and demanding hours with direct customer contact. – less
Same as above
Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2014
This is the same as the job above for Bally Tech working as a collection Analyst.
Job culture positive
Collection Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2014
Compensated vwey well for job title. No advancement opportunities,
Many stay forever, but they don't move very far
Firmware Engineer I (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: beautiful area, somewhat relaxed atmosphere, people are good
Cons: mediocre pay, mediocre time off, one would certainly need other hobbies for fulfillment - this is just a job.
Many of the people I worked with had been at the company for 7+ years. However, they were still working the same job as when they started.
The company was recently purchased, and many people were laid off. Where the company is going now is anyone's guess.
The gaming world itself is in decline in the US, so these companies are having trouble growing at all, and will probably contract over time.
Signifiant disfunctionality throughout the company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 19, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Cons: provincial and juvenile attitude of some managers and directors.
In spite of the very talented co-workers and employees I worked with during the 11 months I was employed there, management seemed to lack professional training. I was told some were simply appointed by – more... higher level managers who were choosing friends and relatives instead of seeking the most qualified. My supervisor, who is in his 6th or 7th year there, clued my in on the recent history of the company. I'm glad I'm no longer there. – less
Fast paced manufacturing environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2014
Pros: good location.
Cons: highly fluctuating work environment
Constant review of flow and improvement processes. I've been able to advance my position and knowledge greatly in this environment. management fluctuations provided new ideas and encouraged new suggestions.
Bally review
Sr. Manager - Database & Performance Engineering (Former Employee), RenoJuly 29, 2014
Pros: co-workers, team environment
Cons: travel
Co-workers were the best; HR Department run by a great team; lots of travel though.
Great FUN place to work!
Sr. Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NV 89119July 28, 2014
Bally Tech is one of Vegas Best companies to work for! Great culture and environment, benefits and comp!
Worst place to work as game designer
Technical Artist II / Animator, Gaming (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJuly 27, 2014
Poor management and no vision of gaming industry. No reimbursement ebing forced to visit casinos to research competitors games. Hostile environment for female artists. Not a place any artist should consider as a career as a game artist or animator.
No Work/Life Balance
Enterprise Data Controller (Current Employee), Kennesaw,GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: boring
Poor Work Life Balance poor management skills bad job culture
...
Enterprise Data Controller (Former Employee), Kennesaw,GAJune 12, 2014
I improved my skills because I worked in an team where most of them are more experienced than me and I worked in multiple complex projects.
ok company... but not recommended
customer service rep 1 (Former Employee), las vegas nvJune 6, 2014
Pros: nothing i can think of
Cons: everything
I was employed by this company. management never took responsibility for any issues that arose. rather than seeing the potential in each individual, they criticize you. they overstress you. if you have family, be ready to not see them often. management leaves whenever they please and are not around to help when needed. you need to learn everything on your own.. poor training.
It is ok to work there
Install Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas,NVMay 27, 2014
Cons: 401k
I have learned to troubleshoot games and i have fun at it.My co-workers are good to work with.the part about my job is the games are so big now that it is hard to move.It was fun at one time.