Bally Technologies

Bally Technologies Employer Reviews

Excellent place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 7, 2014
very cool place to work with and usually ends up to have long term contracts. Do opt to work in this place
Poor culture... no teamwork
Engineer (Former Employee), Reno , NVFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: some company activities bbq's and events
Cons: working for this company at all
Long hours are common place. Constantly frustrated by the lack of team interaction. Lack of effective planning and requirements analysis are often to blame for the long hours. Corporate culture is defined by rush rush attitude and constant team conflict surrounding fixing fault rather than fixing problems. Can be a friendly atmosphere as long as you – more... and your team are not the focal point for issues and blame assignment.

Pay is fair to start, but seldom increases more than cost of living, without a position change or significant promotion. No real rewards system. The company is driven by short term profit and short term thinking. This thinking tends to restrict training opportunities.

Training is rapid and mediocre when you can get it. This is due to cost concerns and poor staffing again driven by short term thinking. – less
Productive and challenging work environment
TW (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 10, 2014
I enjoyed working in Bally Technologies. It learned a lot during my entire duration. It provides a challenging environment to learn, grow, and adapt.
if work/life balance is your thing, then this is not a place for you
Software Developer (Current Employee), Las VegasJanuary 25, 2014
They say it really depends on the department, how hard/long your day is. Mine was one that had maximum exposure to the management.So if you do it bad, you are screwed. If you do it right, you are asked for more. That added tremendous pressure, took out my social life and made even a day-off to be impossible. People have this attitude of work until 7 – more... every evening and then over the weekend too. I couldn't fit in this work culture. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Administrator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: constant training and development. advancment oppertunities for those wanting it.
Cons: internal politics could sometimes get in the way of production.
It was a great place to grow and advance if you wanted too. I started out as a data entry clerk and when I got laid off I had worked my way up to Sale Administration. I learned how to train and manage people. How to write and maintain training material. I participated in lean management events and was on the lean management team.

I learned for my managers – more... the type of supervisor and person that I wanted to be on the job as well as some things I did not want to be. I enjoyed my almost 8 years of learning and growing with this company. They are a fantastic place to work. – less
Productive workplace
Media lab (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2013
Management takes care of their employees, I have learned that working together is a must in a fast paced environment, Co workers are friendly and hardest part of the job is standing while doing the job for the whole shift.
Low job security
senior level non-manager (Current Employee), Las VegasNovember 19, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: terminations instead of layoffs
My department has had several downsizings. But none of them were layoffs. They found ways to give bad reviews to people (easy, no matter how good the worker was), then terminated them with no benefits or unemployment. Then humiliated them further by having guards come up and, in front of everybody, clean out their work spaces.

The general working people – more... were very nice and the atmosphere was good. – less
Great co-workers make it an enjoyable place to work.
Material Handler/Slot Machine Assembler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: co-workers, work schedule
Cons: job security is questionable
The work was very fast paced and challenging most of the time but for the most part management did try to make sure you had the resources to succeed. The best part of the job was the "work hard, play hard" mentality that most people had there. No matter how hard or stressful a day would've been, everyone was still able to truly relax and joke with each – more... other during breaks and lunches. – less
Ok Company to work for
Accountant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low pay and bad management
No room for advancement. Low pay. Management just looked out for themselves and not for their employees.
No comment
Training Specialist (Current Employee), USAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
90% travel. Fast paced. Travel domestically and internationally.
Good company to work for
Training Specialist I & II (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2013
Pros: travel with good expense account
Cons: changes in management over the years created less friendly workplace.
Excellent company. Learned about the gaming industry and was provided good opportunities for advancement.

Management changed over the nine years I was employed and the company became less "people oriented."
Corporate atmosphere
Buyer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2013
A typical day at work comprises of; buying managed commodities to demand, expediting hot orders, communicating and negotiating with vendors and sales team.

I learned the inner workings of a major corporation. Saw an interesting insight of a technology company that also manufactured good and ran production on an assembly line.

I am apart of a buying – more... squad comprised of ten buyers, on occasion I work with co workers to problem solve issues.

The hardest part of the job is pushing vendors to make inventory demands. Sometimes the job can be high stress and demanding, but you have to do a good job of balancing the demands and performing.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the hours and providing a high service level. – less
Bally Technologist is a stable company
Slot Machines - Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Western CanadaJune 20, 2013
Pros: good company
Cons: bad field service and operation manager
Being a field service tech outside of Las Vegas, you need to be on your own. If you are unable to solve a difficult or have not work on it before, the manager can only tell you to figure it out (being over used many times) and there are no proper training if you are not in HQ.

18ipibuspb84g9vr – March 11, 2014

Exactly, Do not leave your job to join this company as Field Service Technician for Western Canada region, I heard that this operation manager kept using people for short term basis. Don't expect any training from him...he will tell you to figure it out.

Discriminatory Management and constant degrading of employees hard work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJune 7, 2013
Pros: good stock options, decent healthcare
Cons: discriminatory & bias management
Management constantly lies to its employees. There is no room for advancement.There is no union, no protection for employees. There is no supervision and employees are only called up on when minor mistakes are made. Some co-workers are great and knowledgeable while others are there to sit and collect a pay check. Only good benefit is the stock option – more... and some what decent healthcare. – less
Some managers are fantastic, others are back-stabbers.
Systems Support Technician (Former Employee), Reno, NVMay 28, 2013
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: honesty is not encouraged or appreciated.
Most of the rank and file employees are great people with whom to work. Some managers are as well, but others will lie, use you for political gains.
Run away
Field Installation Technician (Current Employee), Egg Harbor Township, NJApril 25, 2013
Beware......they want your soul for little in return. Salary compensation for what should be hourly compensation. Mandatory weekend travel to job sites. Between 60 to 80 hour work weeks with no incentives.
Worst Company I have ever worked with !! Forcing Employees to work at Late Nights
Former Software Analyst (Former Employee), ChennaiMarch 27, 2013
Pros: no good thing to share, salary is somewhat better
Cons: 1 no work life balance. treating employees like captives, forcing support employees to work 14-16 hours daily. even if there is no work, low level employees are forced to stay in the office at late nights, weekends by their leads. 2. office is fully occupied with politics, very bad hrs, they are not caring empoyees problems. 3. leads are behaving childish, complaining about people behind them, torturing them like anything. 4. no career growth
In the chennai office, even employees cannot talk among them other than official meetings, KTs. It is a kind of unwritten rule, if they do so, will be scolded by Leads like they are wasting time.
Fast paced gaming environment
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2013
Pros: flexibility in managing assigned commodities
Cons: often unrealistic delivery expectations by stakeholders
A typical day involves reading and replying to e-mails and voice mails, responding to vendors and internal customers. Attend pre-planned and impromptu meetings to implement engineering changes, and expedite deliveries. Review MRP daily, write purchase orders or amend orders for delivery changes. Review accounts payable outstanding invoices and discuss – more... with vendors to resolve issues. Negotiate price and supply terms with vendors. Review supplier bid packages and contract proposals. Evaluate purchasing requirements with sales, engineering, production, and customer service departments. Meet with management as needed to ensure they are kept abreast of supply shortages, vendor issues, quality problems, or new requirements. Obtain approvals as needed for purchase orders above purchase limits. Verify accurate documentation maintained for all drop ship deliveries and confirm receipts completed within inventory database for accurate vendor payment and customer invoicing. My co-workers and I each have assigned commodity responsibilities, however we ensure cross training to ensure coverage of all commodities. I've had an opportunity to learn new commodities in the gaming environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is also the hardest part of the job. It is the degree of complexity in what I purchase and the depth at which I work with suppliers and internal stakeholders. – less
With Bally's
Project Coordinator - Office Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NV.March 3, 2013
Pros: project coordinator - office manager
Cons: coordinate with game producers.
I love my Job at Bally's and the people are great to be around. I have been with Bally's over 8 years.
Have done Purchasing most of the 8 years.
"Widget" Board Release Engineer
Electrical Engineer III (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2013
Worked from 8 to 5 and was the main contact for getting things developed. Created several small "widget" boards for the gaming industry. Trained other junior engineers. Learned how to use Agile for product release. Did not like new manager. The hardest part of the job was spending so much time on documentation and tracking down other peoples progress – more... on related issues. I liked EMC compliance testing/troubleshooting. – less

About Bally Technologies

Bally Technologies helps keep the casinos buzzing. The firm is a leading manufacturer and supplier of casino gaming machines, – Read more