Bally Technologies Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at.
SQA Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 11, 2017
- Testing and troubleshooting army training devices.

- I learned to work with various testing devices such oscilloscopes, RF generators, and the use tactical devices used by the US military.

- Management was very professional and friendly.

- Co-workers best group of people someone can ask for.

- Leaving my family while traveling for work.

- Traveling to different Army post conducting training for the soldiers on how to utilize out devices.
Pros
Travel to various location in the US and Europe.
Cons
Leaving for long periods of time.
Lots of challenging work
Client facing senior project manager (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Client services is fast-paced, with about 95% travel. Fun while your energy lasts.

Accountability is low in some departments, so project management includes multiple follow ups to get basic internal services.

Management supports everyone in the field, but there are no breaks.
Pros
lots of travel, and you keep all the points
Cons
No downtime
Bally use to be a great place to work but now it is Scientific Games
Director (Current Employee) –  NevadaJune 16, 2016
Quote from senior management: "I would rather an employee quit than to have them transfer out of my department." This clearly relays two things. SG does not care about their employees and that they do not have any career advancement within the company.
Graphic design in a culturally diverse international gaming market.
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
Bally's deals with a culturally diverse gaming clientele, to include: European, Chinese and Native American tribal casinos. The schedule is fast paced but manageable.
Pros
Project based work schedule. Plenty of vacation time.
Cons
Las Vegas
Great pay
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2016
Friendly, hard working and knowledgeable people. Monthly review and re-forecast of budget. Upper management has an open door policy and will stop what they are doing to listen.
good place to work if you life the office enviroment
Intern for Client Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 9, 2016
must be able to work independently and you must do your best on your own to get to know others in the company and move up the ladder.
Productive Workplace
Material Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 23, 2016
Performed physical and systematic customizing of any slot machine’s
Logistics Work
Great coworkers
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning from them
Worst experience
Client Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2016
Considering that Bally Technologies is in the gaming industry one would assume the environment be more exciting and high paying. Not quite the experience I was faced with on the job.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Work schedule, culture, lack of strong leadership
Poor culture... no teamwork
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reno , NVFebruary 25, 2014
Long hours are common place. Constantly frustrated by the lack of team interaction. Lack of effective planning and requirements analysis are often to blame for the long hours. Corporate culture is defined by rush rush attitude and constant team conflict surrounding fixing fault rather than fixing problems. Can be a friendly atmosphere as long as you and your team are not the focal point for issues and blame assignment.

Pay is fair to start, but seldom increases more than cost of living, without a position change or significant promotion. No real rewards system. The company is driven by short term profit and short term thinking. This thinking tends to restrict training opportunities.

Training is rapid and mediocre when you can get it. This is due to cost concerns and poor staffing again driven by short term thinking.
Pros
some company activities BBQ's and events
Cons
working for this company at all
Great co-workers make it an enjoyable place to work.
Material Handler/Slot Machine Assembler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2013
The work was very fast paced and challenging most of the time but for the most part management did try to make sure you had the resources to succeed. The best part of the job was the "work hard, play hard" mentality that most people had there. No matter how hard or stressful a day would've been, everyone was still able to truly relax and joke with each other during breaks and lunches.
Pros
Co-workers, work schedule
Cons
Job security is questionable
Unfair treatment to asian descent
Slot Machine Assembler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2015
The workplace is good. Asians are not being treated fairly when it comes to work advancements especially on filipinos. People that works hard stays where they are and the people that don't work hard, advances.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2014
It was a great place to grow and advance if you wanted too. I started out as a data entry clerk and when I got laid off I had worked my way up to Sale Administration. I learned how to train and manage people. How to write and maintain training material. I participated in lean management events and was on the lean management team.

I learned for my managers the type of supervisor and person that I wanted to be on the job as well as some things I did not want to be. I enjoyed my almost 8 years of learning and growing with this company. They are a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Constant training and development. Advancment oppertunities for those wanting it.
Cons
Internal politics could sometimes get in the way of production.
Signifiant disfunctionality throughout the company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 19, 2014
In spite of the very talented co-workers and employees I worked with during the 11 months I was employed there, management seemed to lack professional training. I was told some were simply appointed by higher level managers who were choosing friends and relatives instead of seeking the most qualified. My supervisor, who is in his 6th or 7th year there, clued my in on the recent history of the company. I'm glad I'm no longer there.
Pros
Flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Cons
Provincial and juvenile attitude of some managers and directors.
Excessive traveling!
Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
Client services team in the system division does not have a work-life balance and the compensation does not justify this too.
Discriminatory Management and constant degrading of employees hard work
Field Service Technician  (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 7, 2013
Management constantly lies to its employees. There is no room for advancement.There is no union, no protection for employees. There is no supervision and employees are only called up on when minor mistakes are made. Some co-workers are great and knowledgeable while others are there to sit and collect a pay check. Only good benefit is the stock option and some what decent healthcare.
Pros
Good stock options, decent healthcare
Cons
Discriminatory & bias management
if work/life balance is your thing, then this is not a place for you
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Las VegasJanuary 25, 2014
They say it really depends on the department, how hard/long your day is. Mine was one that had maximum exposure to the management.So if you do it bad, you are screwed. If you do it right, you are asked for more. That added tremendous pressure, took out my social life and made even a day-off to be impossible. People have this attitude of work until 7 every evening and then over the weekend too. I couldn't fit in this work culture.
No Work/Life Balance
Enterprise Data Controller (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw,GAJuly 14, 2014
Poor Work Life Balance poor management skills bad job culture
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Boring
Lead Tech
Bally Field Service Lead Tech @ RWNY (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2012
Bally Technologies has been my career for the past 13+ years. I started with Bally's when their stock was less than $3.00. They took a chance on me and I did not want to disappoint them. It is a challenging business but I Love it.
My typical day at work consists of completing any projects, game moves, or issues from the night prior. Check paperwork, logs, no play of VLT machines and a brainstorming session with my immediate Manager. We have a very diverse crew of technicians (from West Indian to Chinese).
The hardest part of my job is that I have to take it home. The paperwork (office) part of the job usually carries over into my family time. Also technical support for my technicians.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers! You meet people from all walks of life and backgrounds. I have met a lot of interesting people.
Over my career I have learned that not all casinos are the same. Management plays a big part in the success of casinos. You can see that it starts from the top. The moral of their staff, how much they do or don't enjoy their job. I have also learned how to communicate with different personalities. Which is a must in our business.
Pros
career advancement, hr, pay, co-workers
Cons
healthcare (ppo)
Was basically a nice place to work
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2013
I was responsible for entering data to ADP for payroll, rate changes, personal information etc. I learned how to fund our 401K to Fidelity. The management was not fair to the employees. I enjoyed working with the majority of my co-workers. Having to work on Holidays at times. The employees that appreciate what you do for them
Pros
would buy us lunch every quarter and the bonuses
Cons
healthcare
Ok Company to work for
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2013
No room for advancement. Low pay. Management just looked out for themselves and not for their employees.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low pay and bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bally Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.