Bally Technologies Employee Reviews

Bally use to be a great place to work but now it is Scientific Games
Director (Current Employee) –  NevadaJune 16, 2016
Quote from senior management: "I would rather an employee quit than to have them transfer out of my department." This clearly relays two things. SG does not care about their employees and that they do not have any career advancement within the company.
Worst experience
Client Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2016
Considering that Bally Technologies is in the gaming industry one would assume the environment be more exciting and high paying. Not quite the experience I was faced with on the job.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Work schedule, culture, lack of strong leadership
Great pay
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2016
Friendly, hard working and knowledgeable people. Monthly review and re-forecast of budget. Upper management has an open door policy and will stop what they are doing to listen.
Great Co-workers
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2016
Made long life friends. great people all round but too many mergers messed company morale up. close to home and short breaks
Pros
nice building
Cons
too many New managers
n/A
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2016
lots of overtime and nice people to work with i would have to say the hardest part of the job would be standing on your feet all day
Unfair treatment to asian descent
Slot Machine Assembler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2015
The workplace is good. Asians are not being treated fairly when it comes to work advancements especially on filipinos. People that works hard stays where they are and the people that don't work hard, advances.
Good company going through a number of aquisitions
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Las VegasOctober 13, 2015
One of the two biggest companies in the gaming sector, going through a transition as they have been acquired.

Typical benefits and salary.
Pros
stable, industry leader
Cons
still in period of reacting to being acquired
Great Warehouse Training & Close Commute
Material Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYOctober 21, 2015
Great managerial job opportunity shortly after separating from military. On-the-Job warehouse training. Certified Forklift operator. Trucking experience. 5 minute commute a definite plus.
Easy and fun environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2015
Bally Technologies is an amazing company to work for. Alot of kind and courteous people work there and everyone in the human resources department are absolutely wonderful. No matter what anyone through out the whole company is ready and willing to bend over backward to help anyone who needs it.
Pros
exciting constantly changing pace
Cons
career advancement/progression is limited
Excessive traveling!
Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
Client services team in the system division does not have a work-life balance and the compensation does not justify this too.

Want to know more about Bally Technologies?

Ask a question
Work hard, but they overall take care of you
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 24, 2015
I worked for Bally for 17yrs. Was let go when they were purchased by Scientific Games. I don't hold Bally any wrong, as it was a business decision. Though I will miss all the people I worked for. The company overall was great to work with. They worked you hard, but paid well. Open schedule if you need to go to the doctor or run an errand. The people were great to work for. They seemed a little management heavy, but management took care of you...can't say how it is with scientific games though.
loved my job
Production Control Operations Materials Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2015
Responsibilities:
Creating pick tickets
Creating 5 part manufacturing tickets
Creating finished product tickets
Maintaining finished product locations

While I was in this position at Bally's I was responsible with the help of my boss for implementing new processes that reduced warehouse pick times and in doing so we increased production. When I started it took 62 minutes to produce one slot machine. By the time I finished the production time for one slot machine was only 22 minutes.
Pros
company allowed me to grow.
Cons
nothing negative to say.
challenging, but productive job
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 18, 2015
Most enjoyable part of my job is helping others resolve their IT issues. I've learned the Unix based operating system. A typical day's work is helipng others, customers and coworkers to resolve customers' IT issues.
Many stay forever, but they don't move very far
Firmware Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 15, 2014
Many of the people I worked with had been at the company for 7+ years. However, they were still working the same job as when they started.
The company was recently purchased, and many people were laid off. Where the company is going now is anyone's guess.
The gaming world itself is in decline in the US, so these companies are having trouble growing at all, and will probably contract over time.
Pros
beautiful area, somewhat relaxed atmosphere, people are good
Cons
mediocre pay, mediocre time off, one would certainly need other hobbies for fulfillment - this is just a job.
Signifiant disfunctionality throughout the company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 19, 2014
In spite of the very talented co-workers and employees I worked with during the 11 months I was employed there, management seemed to lack professional training. I was told some were simply appointed by higher level managers who were choosing friends and relatives instead of seeking the most qualified. My supervisor, who is in his 6th or 7th year there, clued my in on the recent history of the company. I'm glad I'm no longer there.
Pros
flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Cons
provincial and juvenile attitude of some managers and directors.
ok company... but not recommended
customer service rep 1 (Former Employee) –  las vegas nvJune 6, 2014
I was employed by this company. management never took responsibility for any issues that arose. rather than seeing the potential in each individual, they criticize you. they overstress you. if you have family, be ready to not see them often. management leaves whenever they please and are not around to help when needed. you need to learn everything on your own.. poor training.
Pros
nothing i can think of
Cons
everything
if work/life balance is your thing, then this is not a place for you
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Las VegasJanuary 25, 2014
They say it really depends on the department, how hard/long your day is. Mine was one that had maximum exposure to the management.So if you do it bad, you are screwed. If you do it right, you are asked for more. That added tremendous pressure, took out my social life and made even a day-off to be impossible. People have this attitude of work until 7 every evening and then over the weekend too. I couldn't fit in this work culture.
Low job security
senior level non-manager (Current Employee) –  Las VegasNovember 19, 2013
My department has had several downsizings. But none of them were layoffs. They found ways to give bad reviews to people (easy, no matter how good the worker was), then terminated them with no benefits or unemployment. Then humiliated them further by having guards come up and, in front of everybody, clean out their work spaces.

The general working people were very nice and the atmosphere was good.
Pros
good people
Cons
terminations instead of layoffs
Great co-workers make it an enjoyable place to work.
Material Handler/Slot Machine Assembler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2013
The work was very fast paced and challenging most of the time but for the most part management did try to make sure you had the resources to succeed. The best part of the job was the "work hard, play hard" mentality that most people had there. No matter how hard or stressful a day would've been, everyone was still able to truly relax and joke with each other during breaks and lunches.
Pros
co-workers, work schedule
Cons
job security is questionable
Discriminatory Management and constant degrading of employees hard work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 7, 2013
Management constantly lies to its employees. There is no room for advancement.There is no union, no protection for employees. There is no supervision and employees are only called up on when minor mistakes are made. Some co-workers are great and knowledgeable while others are there to sit and collect a pay check. Only good benefit is the stock option and some what decent healthcare.
Pros
good stock options, decent healthcare
Cons
discriminatory & bias management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bally Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9