Bally Total Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

good compensation
SALES REPRESENTATIVE/ SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 27, 2016
this company is no longer operating, compensation was very good, hourly, bonus, and commission. gym environment was convenient as well.
Pros
gym time
Cons
200 cold calls per day
Fun, exciting, meeting new people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 24, 2015
Working here was fun and meeting new friendly people and building relationships with customers that knew me by name was great too. My real only gripe about it was district managers would NEVER be satisfied. Even with a flawless record and above goal expectations, you would still be given "the talk" that things need to improve. There was no incentive to do this other than just keeping your job. Last I heard Bally Total Fitness is gone now and I can only guess them being so ruthless in demanding more from my best was they were going bankrupt and in the end they did.
Pros
Fitness, friendly people, fun atmosphere
Cons
Slave driving district managers and little compensation
Fun working enviroment and great place to be apart of!
Sales Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 10, 2016
• As Sales Manager, I supervised and mentored my staff of 1000 associates to excel in and surpass the company sales goals for the year. Our team efforts increased sales by 70%.
• Maintained fiscal responsibility by developing, analyzing, monitoring, and maintaining the departments budget that would yield the highest return on the organizations investment.
• Conducted meetings with prospective clients to provide them with the necessary information about the organization while upholding the organizations high standards with efficiency and professionalism
• Coordinated, developed and designed a cost-effective sales program that leveraged a combination of multiple media formats (print, broadcast and internet) to meet the demands of a diversified clientele.
Energetic workplace with great opportunities for moving up in the company
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 25, 2016
The job was very fast-passed which made the work day go by quickly. I learned how to quickly and efficiently solve customer issues. My co-workers were sometimes difficult which taught me how to work with different personalities and keep everyone happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was being promoted to front desk manager and given more responsibilities and more freedom to create new ways to better the company.
Pros
Love working directly with customers
Cons
The location closed
had to learn and grow from my own experience
Personal Trainer and sales representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 21, 2016
-daily/hourly trained about 6-11 clients all different shape, sizes, age, ethnicities,
- learned how to be deal with people, be patient
- was not too supportive
- always in their own world, very competitive which was great
- dealing with certain client
- get to workout for free
Pros
free menbership
Cons
pay only commission, no healthcare, break only when you not bussy
Productive and fun work place
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 24, 2015
Very productive and fun work place. Definitely a high paced environment. One of the benefits was free gym and great commissions. Unfortunately that got cut due to the depression. Loved all of my co workers and most of them I still friends wit htill this day.
Fun workplace
Assistant Club Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day at work was to ensure everyone of my staff and members enjoy their time inside the facility by meet and greet, handle staff and member concerns, deal with suggestions on work related duties and member queries. I coordinated strategies for end of day quotas to be met. And I supervised all operations inside facility to maintain efficient business guidelines and policy. I learned how to encourage a healthy lifestyle to our members and staff. I also learned how to acknowledge and be attentive to customers that need the correct guidance and information on how to take advantage of their membership to the fullest. The hardest part of my job was to be in more than one place simultaneously. The most enjoyable part of my job was being the face of the company through example.
Pros
free health evaluations, gym usage around the country, advancement, benefits.
Cons
long hours, low wage.
fun an productive work place
Front Desk Clerk-General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MD 20770February 10, 2016
a place where you can work to help others feel better about themselves and also work on you. management was great, very reasonable.it also had child care inside which was helpful to those parents who wanted a better life but had no baby sitter. in the child care they also did educational games and songs. Everything about that job was enjoying.
A great place for every body
Personal Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 14, 2016
This was an excellent job opportunity to work with people in providing a better life and new perspective in the world of health and fitness.
Pros
Great for buliding interpersoal skills and self-development
Cons
Not enough finacial advancement
Exciting, fun and rewarding work enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 29, 2016
Bally was sold however I learned a wealth of knowledge while working there. The Management Training classes were the best in the Fitness Industry and very helpful. I miss Bally and I'm thankful for the many lessons I learned while working there.
Fun and productive
Fitness sales representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 16, 2016
competitive and enjoyable environment, fun filled days and more importantly incredible pay and management. definitely helped improve sales skills.
Hustle but great once you become established
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kew Gardens, NYDecember 18, 2015
I trained clients around the clock. Bally neglected the gym and did not seem to care much about their members. I have learned that if you have lemons to make lemon aide. Management was seriously lacking. The hardest part of my job was creating a pleasant experience for my clients with little and old equipment. The most enjoyable was that I was instrumental in changing lives.
Rapid conversations with numerous clients
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Good company to work for and easy to advance and show the company your worth. Received many bonuses for doing job correctly and being on time each day.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
Calls have to be too brief and not enough time to help clients
Good natured competitive work place
Membership Sales (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2016
Worked daily to get potential clients to join gym membership. Learned how to compete and execute sales. The most enjoyable part about the job was having fun working together to get clients to join the gym.
The Company Nolonger is around
Fitness Manager and Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 23, 2016
This company was great, but people got greedy and it is no longer around. The moral of the story is that this place went up in flames due to greedy upper management and poor staffing.
My co workers
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2016
They bought with my learning techniques and skills needed to exercise my vocation in a professional manner in the time period in which I was to practice as employed.
Learned a lot about managing people
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 9, 2015
Bally was always busy, it was a nice place to work. Most supervisors were productive. Co-workers were all friendly and the working conditions were very good. 90 % of the calls were complaints, which would have been fine, except the sales people at the clubs, typically would really, bend the truth to get customers to sign a contract. Than it was up to the call centers to calm them down and explain the contract.
Pros
Good co-works
Cons
Sales people lying to the customers
productive and challenging
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 9, 2016
It is always a challenge to work with people who have the desire to loose weight. It is also a pleasure for me to see the improvement that they are able to make some within weeks, months and years.
Great Place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 17, 2016
This was a great company to work for. However, their no longer in existence. The company filed for bankruptcy and LA Fitness bought them out in So California.
Great
Fitness Trainer/Group Instructor (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MIMarch 10, 2016
Great place to work while going to school. Flexible hours and it was nice having a job were I could be active and make my own hours.