Bally Total Fitness Employee Reviews

Great place to network
PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 22, 2016
I liked working as a trainer at Bally's. Lots of people, and a positive atmosphere. As a trainer I would basically make my own hours. Management seemed some what new. Didn't receive compensation for training packages I sold.
Pros
Make own hours
Cons
Didnt recieve compensation
Great and Energetic environment
PERSONAL FITNESS TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 19, 2016
I disliked the sales aspect of personal training. Aside from sales, the environment was amazing. I would work in a gym again if I was given a salary with the option to train clients. Rather then a solely based income.
collection
Collection agent (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 11, 2016
Job was ok. But no opportunity for advancement and low pay. location was good but we were told to be pushy about payments. also had to do mandatory 12 hr shifts on the weekends. And the bus doesn't go out to the location on Sundays so you have to catch a cab.
Pros
location
Cons
low pay
poor management
RECEPTIONIST/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 1, 2016
Bally Total Fitness had poor management, one set schedule and no time for things outside of work like school. Manager at Bally's had no form of customer service nor a sense of teamwork abilities.
Pros
free workouts
Cons
pay, management
Excellent staff and managers
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 25, 2016
I worked here for 20 years. Best job ever! Got to stay in shape while getting paid to do so. Very busy. Make a lot of commission. Sales are easy. Very team oriented. Friendly competition with great incentives, vacations paid. Management was fabulous!!
Pros
Busy team oriented. Make a lot of money
Cons
Was a great palce to work during growth.
National Director of Retail and Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2016
Company was great to be at growing from one location to one of the largest in its industry over a 15 year period. Tons of opportunity and fun during the growth period. Once began the process to sell, corporate culture changed and promises to employees were not consistent with results.
Pros
Growth and people
Cons
Promises for expectations
It was fun while it lasted
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJune 6, 2016
They had some good right ideas, unfortunately for Bally Total Fitness
upper management and the decisions that they made did not go very well in their favor.
Good natured competitive work place
Membership Sales (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2016
Worked daily to get potential clients to join gym membership. Learned how to compete and execute sales. The most enjoyable part about the job was having fun working together to get clients to join the gym.
My co workers
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2016
They bought with my learning techniques and skills needed to exercise my vocation in a professional manner in the time period in which I was to practice as employed.
The Company Nolonger is around
Fitness Manager and Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 23, 2016
This company was great, but people got greedy and it is no longer around. The moral of the story is that this place went up in flames due to greedy upper management and poor staffing.
Great Place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 17, 2016
This was a great company to work for. However, their no longer in existence. The company filed for bankruptcy and LA Fitness bought them out in So California.
Sinking Titanic
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11235May 11, 2016
Crooked corporation that had lost all its gyms because of crooks and law suits for breaking health violations and many more
Pros
cool people
Cons
low pay, going out of business
Fun working enviroment and great place to be apart of!
Sales Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 10, 2016
• As Sales Manager, I supervised and mentored my staff of 1000 associates to excel in and surpass the company sales goals for the year. Our team efforts increased sales by 70%.
• Maintained fiscal responsibility by developing, analyzing, monitoring, and maintaining the departments budget that would yield the highest return on the organizations investment.
• Conducted meetings with prospective clients to provide them with the necessary information about the organization while upholding the organizations high standards with efficiency and professionalism
• Coordinated, developed and designed a cost-effective sales program that leveraged a combination of multiple media formats (print, broadcast and internet) to meet the demands of a diversified clientele.
Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 6, 2016
Never a boring moment with the company they will teach you everything you need to learn to sale a membership and train members.
Company no longer in business.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 26, 2016
I worked front desk and retail shop. Company is no longer in business. Management was professional. Enjoyed working there. Good working environment.
Energetic workplace with great opportunities for moving up in the company
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 25, 2016
The job was very fast-passed which made the work day go by quickly. I learned how to quickly and efficiently solve customer issues. My co-workers were sometimes difficult which taught me how to work with different personalities and keep everyone happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was being promoted to front desk manager and given more responsibilities and more freedom to create new ways to better the company.
Pros
Love working directly with customers
Cons
The location closed
productive and challenging
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 9, 2016
It is always a challenge to work with people who have the desire to loose weight. It is also a pleasure for me to see the improvement that they are able to make some within weeks, months and years.
great job
Building Engineer, (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2016
I love this job. I hate they closed all locations. I love to workout so this job was perfect for me.. loved every minute of it.
Pros
exciting enviironment
good compensation
SALES REPRESENTATIVE/ SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 27, 2016
this company is no longer operating, compensation was very good, hourly, bonus, and commission. gym environment was convenient as well.
Pros
gym time
Cons
200 cold calls per day
had to learn and grow from my own experience
Personal Trainer and sales representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 21, 2016
-daily/hourly trained about 6-11 clients all different shape, sizes, age, ethnicities,
- learned how to be deal with people, be patient
- was not too supportive
- always in their own world, very competitive which was great
- dealing with certain client
- get to workout for free
Pros
free menbership
Cons
pay only commission, no healthcare, break only when you not bussy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bally Total Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.