Bally Total Fitness Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 24, 2015
Very productive and fun work place. Definitely a high paced environment. One of the benefits was free gym and great commissions. Unfortunately that got cut due to the depression. Loved all of my co workers and most of them I still friends wit htill this day.
Fun, exciting, meeting new people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 24, 2015
Working here was fun and meeting new friendly people and building relationships with customers that knew me by name was great too. My real only gripe about it was district managers would NEVER be satisfied. Even with a flawless record and above goal expectations, you would still be given "the talk" that things need to improve. There was no incentive to do this other than just keeping your job. Last I heard Bally Total Fitness is gone now and I can only guess them being so ruthless in demanding more from my best was they were going bankrupt and in the end they did.
Pros
Fitness, friendly people, fun atmosphere
Cons
Slave driving district managers and little compensation
Putting in hours
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Address: 945 Kings Hwy, Brooklyn, NY 11218June 15, 2015
This is more of a job for someone who has time to prospect and look for clients, this job was strictly commission based.

Typical day was, talking to gym members seeing if they needed assistance, if so provide them with a fitness plan for a set gym cost.

Co-workers are always competing with each other, essentially stealing clients.

Meeting new people was an enjoyable experience, but the job is extremely hard if you lack people skills, you have to be social and talkative for this field.
Fun and productive
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonJune 12, 2015
Fast paced and yet it was a very relaxed atmosphere full of fun and the clients and employees got along great. Unfortunately they did not handle the LA Fitness Buyout well.
Pros
Prizes
Cons
Low pay.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 11, 2015
GREET ALL MEMBERS AND GUEST. HIRE AND TRAIN RETAIL AND FRONT DESK STAFF. ASSIST WITH PAYROLL. VALIDATE ALL CONTRACTS. MAKE DEPOSITS.
Fun and Enjoyable
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 8, 2015
the day consisted of opening the club and interacting with customers and co-workers. We sold regular memberships which could be one club or all the local clubs or selling the ultimate membership which was a lifetime membership to any bally in the company. As the retail manager we sold athletic attire, supplements for weight loss, weight gain, energy, and just being healthy. We also sold personal home workout equipment, as well as smoothies.
Pros
meeting different types of people
Cons
pushing and being forced to sell people things they couldn't afford
Very fun and productive atmosphere
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 31, 2015
Very friendly environment with great examples of teamwork displayed. Customers were always very vocal about showing appreciation to the staff there.
Fun workplace
Receptionist/Kids Club Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILMay 29, 2015
Workday consisted of nothing but encouragement and fun.. my co workers were very cool, and management was always willing to work with your schedule.
Company has gone out of business
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 12, 2015
The typical work day consisted of research, design, coding and testing of new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
Provide the best customer service , deal 21, baccaarat, multi-game dealer
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2015
This is a great casino and the employee's are some of the nicest ive met. I worked at ballys casino/paris as a dealer and enjoyed the tourist, the employee's,
Pros
positive people
Enjoyable and educating times
Childcare Attendant and Customer Service/Part Time (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILApril 30, 2015
I enjoyed the time I shared with the children brought into the daycare.
I loved how I absorbed a great deal of information about maintaining a healthy lifestyle from my co-workers and managers. They really expressed their love for fitness by helping others. Therefore, it inspired me to be apart of the healthcare industry.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Learned alot
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 29, 2015
Too many scams .. Supervisors and mangers were very shady and they let the under staff take the fall . not good management
productive work place always positive and upbeat
Asst. Sales General Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2015
funfilled entergetic atmosphere, awesome co-workers, positve management team whom are always helpfull. seeing new members results is the reward at hand!
Pros and Cons
Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 13, 2015
The environment was pleasurable but management was unsure. How to be efficient and multitask. Hit and Miss. Same response sated previously. Management. The Environment.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Guidance
Near by
Lifeguard, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2015
A Typical day here at the gym was nice a busy always something to do. I learned to manage my time wisely considering I has early mornings and late night classes. Management didn't know how to speak or to organize her professionalism. The hardest part was compromising with the manager.
Pros
It was close
Cons
Management did not know how to mange
Fun place to work, Great Staff, Great Job Cultue
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2015
I very much enjoyed my tenure at Bally Total Fitness. The staff was amazing. It was always fun to going in to work. It was also a great place to meet new people that just moved into the city. Most of my social life were people I knew from that gym.
Pros
Fun place to be
Cons
early mornings, and late nights.
closed
Club Staff/Sales (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAMarch 19, 2015
great part time job. flexible schedule. good oppurtunity for advancement. i would reccommend any young person work here part time
Bally' s needs to shift its focus
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2015
I enjoyed working with the members but Bally's focused on getting new members instead of making the current members happy.
Pros
i was able to set my own schedual
Cons
did not listen to trainers, did not take care of existing members.
Fun and productive at times.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2015
The environment is great to work on, how ever the proper interest for the clients health care is not taken into consideration. There is a constant competition between co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is socializing with like minded and determined people when approaching fitness.
Pros
payrate
Cons
health care
do not work here
sales (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 27, 2015
just trust me terrible to its members and its employees. they will be shut down soon I can not even count how many times my pay check was $20 or less and that is in a 2 week period and I was the idiot that stayed there believing there false promises and the sad part of it all to is that I was a private contractor so I am unable to do anything about it
Pros
Cons
oh boy do not get me started