Bally Total Fitness Employee Reviews

Nice workplace
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 6, 2017
Management was good, fun environment to be in. Met a lot of nice clients and met a lot of nice trainers there as well. Competitive area but fun. Gym environment was decent.
Overall good company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 24, 2017
Every day required personal interactions with many members. Customer service was number one goal. Employees were offered many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Free gym access, good people
Cons
Company was sold
This job was great until they sold it.
Front Desk/Key/Opening (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 17, 2017
Everything was great about working here until they sold it. The management told us we would still have our positions with the sale of the company. They let us believe this until the night before the turn over of ownership. Then they called everyone to tell us we did not have jobs with the new company.
Pros
Uplifting Company, Free Membership.
Cons
They sold out and lied to the employees.
Sold off in parts
Assistant Area Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2017
Was good while it lasted. Stressful but sometimes fun. At the end it was about hitting certain KPIs to look fat enough to be sold off in parts to different companies.
Nice place to work
Box Office Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2017
Nice place to work for teen fresh out of high school a way for them to earn good money and hours or for any age but you must be 18 years or older it is 40 hours a week
Pros
free lunch
Cons
45min lunch
your working in a gym
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2017
good management and they helped you to be one of the best trainers in the game. unfortunately the company want down under and was bought out 24 fitness but I had a great experience and time
Pros
meet new people
Cons
didnt pay enough
love children
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 25, 2017
miss the children. wish there was more to do with the kids. need more activities and more toys to play with . kids like to be kids and color and see their art work on the walls but they said it didn't look professional .
Pros
free gym access
Cons
no chance to move up in the company
Great profession
Personal Trainer / Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 23, 2017
As a personal trainer you strive to ensure that all your clients are well taken care of and on the road to a successful health fitness goal. The environment is high paced and less informal due to the money aggressive establishment.
Was a Great Place to work
Customer Service E-mail (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 16, 2017
Typical day at work was work, came in and got the job done. Learned that it's up to the individual to make of their work what they will, when they are surrounded by good management and a good workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was working with other people and their big egos. The most enjoyable part was working with all the Great people that I had the good fortune to work alongside..
Pros
Benefits, People
Experience
Personal Training Director (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 13, 2017
It was a typical corporate tornado of part-timers and half-way serious athletes coming in and out of the doors daily. It was hard to get most of the trainers to focus long-enough to develop legitimate programs. Most clients are more vain in their goals and obsessed with appearance rather than form, function, and health. Typical gym buffs get all their scientific data from the most recent Men's Health or Muscle & Strength magazine. It would have been nice to have some of the managing trainers teach the newbies and youngsters a strong foundation in Strength & Conditioning rather than overly complicated exercises and weird isolation movements with useless equipment making it look "fancy". The compensation was fair, although the pricing for the sessions was a little steep. I earned a decent penny managing the Personal Training team, a rotating team of 10 trainers tops, most who were ghosts even though I paid them prospecting hours I technically wasn't supposed to and split my monthly bonus with everyone equally depending on how much was sold. All in all it was a good experience. No where near the flexibility of a private gym, but, there was the security of the corporate structure. Eh, I made the most out of it and took advantage of every opportunity I could, trying to honestly help my clients reach their goals without excessive marketing gimmicks or overly pushy sales of supplements they don't actually need or aren't even worth the money.
Pros
Structure, a massive amount of members, fair compensation for management only
Cons
Wasn't worth it unless you were in a management or assistant management position
Great energy people is in good mood
Front desk customer service (Former Employee) –  Plaza Park, NJPlazaJune 11, 2017
Good workplace great energy always making people smileworking out is a part of life also with hospitality and customer satisfaction rating people feel and look great in all around great customer service! Even wake up every day loving to do
Pros
Working out for free
Cons
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
productive and fun working environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 11, 2017
I learns new skills, toward my degree. i also learn "How all this hotel reservation works, and it was a new experience working as Front desk agent", improve decision making skill. I also see some improvement in self confidence.
Pros
Free lunch, team player, fairness
Cons
short Break, some time not enough staff, reducing health benefit yearly
Exciting up-beat atmosphere.
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 9, 2017
A Typical day at work could be interesting, especially with including exercise and sales. I learned how to be motivated and confident.
The workplace culture was mainly fitness buffs and some bodybuilders. Management was great, At Ballys I learned that I could have passion for helping people achieve their goals. The hardest part of the job was getting members to adhere to the fitness goals and to stay motivated to exercise. The most enjoyable part was seeing a client reach their fitness goals.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to start
Sales Rep/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 7, 2017
I started my career here and they really taught me what it takes to be a hard working successful trainer. Sales was the key objective during a long the on boarding process.
Pros
onboarding
Cons
educational development
The clients
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  NYCJune 1, 2017
The clients were great to work with. Each client having a set weight lose goal in mind. The fact that each individual placed so much faith in you to help they accomplish there goes is great feeling.
Pros
Hours
Out of Business for a Reason
Assistant Manager /Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2017
They were once the best in the business,
they're now basically no longer in most or all markets except CA and that's if they're still around in that state.
Pros
free workouts
Cons
customer's don't differentiate your time from company time
Best place to work.
Asst. Manager/ Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMay 15, 2017
Learning how to run your own clients and business is great. Ballys teaches you how to establish control with clients as well as getting your clients in shape can be rewarding
Great place to work. Great pay.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 12, 2017
Great working experience for Certified Personal Trainer. Competitive pay. Fast paced environment. Hired non certified personal trainers. Unprofessional manager.
Pros
Great pay when certified
Cons
underpaid when not certified
Excellent place to work (when they were open)
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Hill, VAMay 11, 2017
Not sure why this is asking me to do this twice for the same company. But i already answered this questio on the other page. Not sure if this is suppose to be for the other job.
Depends
Childcare Attendant and Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 11, 2017
The environment was pretty cool especially if you love kids. I would say that they did not give enough supplies to make sure the kids had things to do. So we had to fend for ourselves for the most part. The pay was horrible considering what they want you to do.