Bally Total Fitness

Bally Total Fitness Employer Reviews

Fun enviorment
Weekend Manager (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: management
A typical day at work involved assisting gym members with their overall heath goals, delivering daily quotas, and making sure every member's issues were resolved.
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Levittown, NYApril 3, 2014
My favorite job. Great, fun coworkers. Free gym membership. Good hours. Can take on different roles at the gym. Learn a lot about fitness.
Great Experience
Personal Trainer/Fitness Director (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 22, 2014
Spent 8+ years with this company. Worked as a Personal Trainer and then Fitness DIrector. Great flexibility and learning experience as a Personal Trainer. Then had the opportunity to run a team of 30+ trainers. This included hiring my own team and developing them into fitness professionals. Great experience and learned a tremendous amount. Also had – more... sales quotas that the team had to hit monthly. – less
A great place to work with people one on one..
Fitness Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: working with people
A typical day at work would be as followed; i would open the gym at 5am .i wouldnt have much to do because I had cleaned the gym the night before. Including exercise machines. I would show the new members how to use equipment properly.
productive
Secretary / Fitness coach (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2014
great place to be . great people. good place to workout and gain knowledge
Fast paced high volume sales environment
District Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: had to manage many hats daily
led all day to day operations such as Sales, Marketing, Labor Management, Cash and Retail, HR Generalist, Corporate Sales and Negotiation, Training and Development.
Love working in a health oriented workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 18, 2014
This job is great for anyone who can enjoy living a healthy life and promote others to join them along the journey. I learned a lot at this job, not only about myself. I got to help people change their lives through fitness. The hardest part of the job is watching people quit on themselves before they reach their goals. Management was very helpful and – more... extremely understanding. I would recommend this job to anyone who is passionate about fitness. – less
Great Experince
Kids Club Attendant /CRS (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free gym access
Cons: less hours
Got to real meet alot of amazing parents and their children!
love it
Sales (Former Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 11, 2014
Customer Service/Office Support
Add –On/ Promotional Sales
Cash Accountability/ Price Quoting
Bally total fitness
Operations Club Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2014
Wonderful job and manager! However the company was beginning to fall apart when I started and eventually went bankrupt and I was laid off. Thus they had no employee programs.
Great Work Ethics
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: motivated enviroment, positive managers and great work ethics
Cons: everyone has goal, which sometimes brought on too much stress and negative attitudes
Bally's form of work was calculated and well planned. With many opportunities to grow and develop manager skills. Respectful of employees need and time. Loves motivations and dedication.
Fun and exciting place to work in
Personal Trainer/Sales Consultant (Former Employee), californiaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: work anytime
Cons: management
*the benefits of being a fitness training is that you make your own schedule.
*disadvantages include having to sign and maintain clients.
*management was horrible
Enjoyable work environment
Music Teacher, City of Lynn, Lynn (Former Employee), Revere, MAFebruary 2, 2014
I started my career at Bally's and after it closed I continued on in other local fitness centers because water aerobics is my passion.
Fun place and relaxing
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Deptford, NJJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: your own hours
Cons: short breaks
it was fun to work at a Gym and to have comfortable clothes to were when your at work and to have a flexible schedule
Positive work environment, learned a lot day to day.
Exercise Instructor; Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: access to a gym, amazing mentor, helping people.
Cons: shifts were split up throughout the day.
I shifted between teaching group exercise classes, personal training and customer service. The days varied, but were always pleasant. I learned a lot about health and fitness, and was fulfilled in helping members lose weight, become stronger and feel better about themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job was the members.
Great place to grow
General Manager (Former Employee), New York City, NYJanuary 23, 2014
I started as a lifeguard, and worked my way up through the ranks. I was promoted 5 times all the way up to general manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was achieveing my monthly goals. I also loved helping people reach their fitness goals. The hardest part of my job was getting people to keep up with their workouts. I learned how to run a health – more... club from top to bottom. To this day I am still friends with all my old coworkers. – less
Learn a lot about fitness, meet good people
Front Desk Associate/ Fitness Coach (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: free membership
Fun place to work, learn a lot, meet great people, fun watching people meet their fitness goals.
The management has been fired but the gym has suffered greatly.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: no healthcare, no sales team
I love my job what I actually do. I teach men and women how to live a healthy lifestyle, weight train, and other proper techniques in fat loss. I have been a personal trainer for 10 years now, Its pretty much a independent job, make your own hours, time management and so forth. Early morning is the hardest part of this job. The most enjoyable part of – more... the job is the clients and atmosphere, plus I get to work out. – less
Very fun place to work for
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 8, 2014
Bally Total Fitness is a great place to work for. As a personal trainer you basically own your own business. There is a lot of support offered from management. The best part of working here was being able to change people's lives though fitness.
Hard to move up in the company
Personal trainer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: i got to make my own schedual
Cons: to many meetings
Ii learned some valuable skills such as how to relate to a diverse group of people.

I really enjoyed talking to the members. The were always willing to give me feed back on some new exercise technique.

I did not like the way Bally's would make you compete with other trainers in order to get client referels.

About Bally Total Fitness

Bally Total Fitness Holding helps its members to work up a sweat. The fitness center operator has about 100 facilities in the – Read more

Bally Total Fitness Photos