Bally Total Fitness

Bally Total Fitness United States Employee Reviews

out of business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJune 15, 2014
company is out of business now but it was cool working there when i did
General Manager/Area Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 12, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: closed
They gave me my first opportunity in sales. I learned so much working there and is where I started my management career.
Having many management responsibilties.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2014
I loved being able to make decisions that will benefit the company.
CHILD CARE
Child care attendant (Former Employee), BROOKLYN,NYJune 9, 2014
FUN PLACE FOR CHILD
FRIENDLY CO-WORKERS
FRIENDLY PARENTS
LEARN TO DEAL WITH DIFFERENT PERSONALITY
Fun place
Retail Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2014
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: slow
I worked part time at the retail department, it was fun but the job was slow and the store didn't make enough money. I learned how to make orders for the store and how to make a customer feel welcomed. The management was different from any other that I've had before. The hardest part of the job was when on a busy day when the store would be full of customers and I was the only one working.
Decent place to work for.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Crestwood, MOMay 28, 2014
Being a personal trainer, I didn't have the opportunity to really work with Bally staff. I was contracted, but overall it was a positive experience.
gym
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMay 19, 2014
great place with nice employees n management working here was great i got to learn alot and move up to managment it was great,
My Favorite Job in all my Career
Operations Manager (Former Employee), West Covina, CAMay 3, 2014
Pros: knowledge gained, friendships gained and management skills in operations, as well as experience in sales and fitness in general.
Cons: i had just received my grant for health care right before we closed, wasn't so great but i realized starting over is a part of life
A typical day at work there was always fun, we were a tight knit fitness family who actually did well in sales but still kept the love for fitness alive. I learned everything there in terms of fitness and I loved my co workers very much. Some of us though we were forced to move on, are still very close friends to this day. The hardest part of my job was taking on failing clubs, however, it is also what helped me to promote myself quickly because I took clubs that were at 60% back to well over 100% very quickly. It was very hard to let go because I feel as though I was only going up, I was just on the verge of another promotion when the acquisition happened and that was tough but I learned a lot about putting pride to the side and proving to people even if you get knocked down you can get back up again at entry level and sky rocket to higher places if that's what you truly want. Dedication and drive are key and I learned that there.
Fun, Friendly and Great Company
Fitness Coach/ Sales Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMay 2, 2014
Loved this company. They offered many perks and cared for the well being of their employees. I learned a lot about business and sales. The hardest part was adjusting from sales to assistant manager. The assignments were a lot different but overall a rewarding experience.
Must love being in the gym
Area Manager (Former Employee), ohioApril 26, 2014
long hours, must be a gym rat to enjoy it!!! If you have a good team it makes it worth while, but all they care about is sales.
Fun enviorment
Weekend Manager (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: management
A typical day at work involved assisting gym members with their overall heath goals, delivering daily quotas, and making sure every member's issues were resolved.
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Levittown, NYApril 3, 2014
My favorite job. Great, fun coworkers. Free gym membership. Good hours. Can take on different roles at the gym. Learn a lot about fitness.
Great Experience
Personal Trainer/Fitness Director (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 22, 2014
Spent 8+ years with this company. Worked as a Personal Trainer and then Fitness DIrector. Great flexibility and learning experience as a Personal Trainer. Then had the opportunity to run a team of 30+ trainers. This included hiring my own team and developing them into fitness professionals. Great experience and learned a tremendous amount. Also had sales quotas that the team had to hit monthly.
A great place to work with people one on one..
Fitness Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: working with people
A typical day at work would be as followed; i would open the gym at 5am .i wouldnt have much to do because I had cleaned the gym the night before. Including exercise machines. I would show the new members how to use equipment properly.
productive
Secretary / Fitness coach (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2014
great place to be . great people. good place to workout and gain knowledge
Fast paced high volume sales environment
District Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: had to manage many hats daily
led all day to day operations such as Sales, Marketing, Labor Management, Cash and Retail, HR Generalist, Corporate Sales and Negotiation, Training and Development.
Love working in a health oriented workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 18, 2014
This job is great for anyone who can enjoy living a healthy life and promote others to join them along the journey. I learned a lot at this job, not only about myself. I got to help people change their lives through fitness. The hardest part of the job is watching people quit on themselves before they reach their goals. Management was very helpful and extremely understanding. I would recommend this job to anyone who is passionate about fitness.
Great Experince
Kids Club Attendant /CRS (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free gym access
Cons: less hours
Got to real meet alot of amazing parents and their children!
love it
Sales (Former Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 11, 2014
Customer Service/Office Support
Add –On/ Promotional Sales
Cash Accountability/ Price Quoting
Bally total fitness
Operations Club Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2014
Wonderful job and manager! However the company was beginning to fall apart when I started and eventually went bankrupt and I was laid off. Thus they had no employee programs.

About Bally Total Fitness

Bally Total Fitness Holding helps its members to work up a sweat. The fitness center operator has about 100 facilities in the – Read more

Bally Total Fitness Salaries

$32,000 per year
Customer Service Representative
$8.50 per hour

Bally Total Fitness Photos

This photo is from one of my demonstration seminar.
Fun day out Promoting