Bally Total Fitness

Bally Total Fitness Employer Reviews

work place
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Wayne, NJSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: sales enjoying customer smiles
Cons: health care
a typical day at work- making calls bring customers in.

what you learn- making sales how to approach customers andconvince them to join the gym.

management- pushy not helpful at all

co-workers- they where great friendly and helpful with sales

the hardest part of the job is- nothing

the most enjoyable part of the job- paper works keeping my self – more... busy making calls – less
Ballys was a fun place to work in
Personal Training Director Bally Total Fitness (Former Employee), Coral GablesAugust 30, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: long hours
Working at Bally was a blessing. I learned how to sell, market and network. I held several positions at Bally Total Fitness and managed all section except the General Manager Position. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and working on all holidays except for Christmas.
It was a home away from home.
Receptionist, daycare attndt., and sales (Former Employee), Crestwood, MOAugust 27, 2013
Pros: free membership, great benefits, wonderful customers/members, close to home
Cons: open every holiday except christmas
Working for Bally Total Fitness for 6 1/2 years, were the best years of my life! As a receptionist, I got to know all the members so well, they felt like family to me. They came to me about issues they had with their memberships, a machine they didn't know how to use, putting their trust in me on getting the job done, and I always did!

This job taught – more... me a lot through the years. There were some trying times that tested my patience. However, I learned I could handle more than I thought I could, under pressure, and stressful times.

I had been through quite a few managers, and each one has stood out in my mind, by helping me grow and learn in the business.

If it wasn't for the fact that my location had to close it's doors, I would most likely still be working there today! – less
I learned a lot of life lessons working at Bally's
Group Exercise Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles CaliforniaAugust 26, 2013
Pros: environment where hard work paid off in lessons learned
Cons: not a people-first environmnent
Bally's taught me a lot of realities about working for a business machine. I learned about working with diverse personalities and how to motivate people to provide their best efforts despite the environment and work atmosphere.
The clientele at Bally Total Fitness, were very scarce.
NASM Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 25, 2013
I had to work hard for those months I was there, to get my first client. It was very different compared to the Bally's in Virginia Beach.
wonderful place to work, learn, and grow.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 18, 2013
Pros: always had stability.
Cons: clubs needed repairs
I was operations manager/assistant manager. I loved my job, I did all bookeeping, hiring, sales presentations. implemented new sales ideas and tactics.
A place full of gossip
Manager on duty (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 18, 2013
Pros: understanding manager
Cons: too much drama
it's like being back in high school.
a lot of drama and careless staff
as long as the budget is being hit, nothing else matters
Assisting customer with level one customer service, meeting my quote, and assisting the company to grow with new members
Bally's Total Fitness Sales Manager (Former Employee), Redford, MIAugust 17, 2013
Providing level one customer service by selling membership, up-grades, and add on, training employees to give service with a purpose. Maintaining my quote and exceeding so I could receive my bonus. I always keep a positive attitude with a smile and I believe that every customer should be treated as royalty because a customer will bring the company more – more... business to provide profit and growth. – less
Fun place to work in
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: healthy lifestyle
Cons: hourly wages
helping people is always a very rewarding felling. Personal trainer hourly pay should be implemented to to cover living expenses. Overall it's a rewarding experience as personal trainer.
Fitness world
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland Heights, OHAugust 16, 2013
I no longer work for this company. I work for a year for this company and then they where sold to another company and once that happened I decided that wasn't the place for me. I will stay my time at Bally Total Fitness was a learning experience.
FUN
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Thornton, COAugust 15, 2013
As for my co workers, they are a pleasure and real easy to work with.
productive
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: interaction with clientele
Cons: no cons
bally total fitness is a great company, filled with eager individuals willing to teach you all you need to know about fitness
Fun place to work in
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Norwalk, CaAugust 9, 2013
Pros: many incentives, free gym membership
Cons: company was sold out to l.a. fitness
in this company I learned the call center setting. very fast paced environment and had to meet many goals. co-workers would not last long because of the fast paced environment and the high expectations of goals that were given. everything was enjoyable with the exception of when they eliminated my department.
Productive and fun place to work.
lifeguard (Former Employee), Riverdale, NYAugust 4, 2013
I enjoyed the clients.I now know how to clean the pool.The hardest part of the job was to leave it.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative/ Correspondent Rep (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: money contest
Cons: went out of business
Working for Bally's was a wonderful experience. It was a lot of contest that was giving which made the employee more excited to come to work.
great location, great people to work with
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2013
Pros: great client base, great location
Cons: bankrupt
liked very much. fun, productive. a little unorganized sometimes
Very productive
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Bay Shore ,Ny,11706July 24, 2013
Pros: the staff was very enjoyable to work with
Cons: the hourly was not very great
My job was to make sure our new sales associate were properly train to Make appointments,bring in new members,and hit their sales quotas.The most enjoyable part of working in Bally Total Fitness was meeting all different types of people ,who were very interested in changing their lives in fitness , while doing so we were getting paid bu watching them – more... ,and helping them succeed . – less
fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee), West Allis, WIJuly 24, 2013
It was a fun place to work at but unfortunately they sold the business.
MANAGEMENT
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Queens, NYJuly 19, 2013
Pros: discounts at sprint
Cons: weight area needs more attn
I love BALLY'S I THINK ITS A EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK AT . I THINK THE WEIGHT AREA COULD USE MORE ATTN BUT OTHER THAN THAT ITS WAS A GREAT PLACE/ TEAM TO BE APART OF
Fun and Learning environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Pineville, NCJuly 16, 2013
Pros: hours and the people
Cons: company going filing for bankruptcy
Come in at 0430 turn on all the power and do a sweep of the place. Count the cash drawer. Start restocking inventory, order items needed. Open doors to receive shipments and costumers. Work on the scheduling and sometimes sale a membership or two. Help coworkers out when needed.
There was no hard part of the job.
The most enjoyable part was being able – more... to interact with everyone and to be able to workout. – less

About Bally Total Fitness

Bally Total Fitness Holding helps its members to work up a sweat. The fitness center operator has about 100 facilities in the – Read more

Bally Total Fitness Photos