Baltimore Aircoil Company Employee Reviews

Every one were friends.
Mechanic-1 (Former Employee) –  Paxton, IL 60957February 4, 2018
This plant was always advancing to the next great thing. If it had not been for the economic hardship this country was going through at that time this plant would still be going strong today. the work was mostly mechanical work but with a lot of print reading.
Pros
Good clean plant and room for advancment.
Cons
some days you would have to work with lots of chemicals.
Cut throat . People are hard to work with
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJanuary 6, 2018
I did not like working there, extremely stressful. People don’t like to help you because they’re to busy with they’re stressful job. Behind all the time.
Benefits
Cons
Company is not healthy work place
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDNovember 27, 2017
The salary and benefits are competitive for the area, I worked at the corporate HQ in Jessup, MD. However, work environment had steadily declined, plant closings, several reduction in force(RIF). Most departments pushed more than 40 hour week from salary employees, and make up time if left early or come in late. Little chance for advancement and high turnover. Threat of termination implied from President down on regular basis.
Pros
Salary, benefits, 401K, stock program
Cons
management, culture, lack of advancement
Job security doesn't matter here, you may have to work up to a year before offered a permanent position
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEJune 21, 2017
Didn't really like the job because there's no job security, you can be terminated at any moment. They pay is ok but your being paid $3-4 less doing the same job as the permanent workers! You don't even get paid holidays even though you have to work the days! I found that very unfair.
Lean Manufacturing environment
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Madera, CAMarch 8, 2017
Company that strives for continuous improvement using lean manufacturing principles. I learned a lot about lean manufacturing but most importantly I learned a great deal about safety. In the time that I've been there we've made a strong push to be a safer organization. BAC cares about its people.
Fun productive work environment, always room to learn an perfect your craft.
Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEJanuary 26, 2017
Fun filled days full of steel workers doing what they love. The sound of fabrication and the smell of freshly welded metal as you walk through the steel plant.
Pros
Good teachers, great team effort, positive energy, a company that cares about its employee's
Cons
heavy lifting, difficult angles to weld from, galvanized ventilation air duct
This is agreat complany
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEDecember 22, 2014
I enjoy my time at this company. they are employee owed company that keeps people up beat about there jobs.
Professional manufacturing environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDMay 8, 2014
Engineering, globally focused company
product focused
technology driven
THe best company I worked for so far becuase of nice and very clean environment.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAAugust 19, 2013
I would do data entry and learned how to utilize company programs to furhter the company in profits. The hardest part of the job was locating lost paperwork misplaced by others and the most enjoyable part would be the company picnics.
Team works hard to get jobs for the day done.
Assistant Parts Coordinator/Shipping (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEAugust 15, 2013
We usually know what has to be done in our area, focus on what we have in front of us first and close to crate up. Co-worker are good guys to work with, they believe in working as a team to get as much done as possible with a positive atittude. I've been at my job for 15 years and I've learned that there are some very good, sincere and honest people in this world. The hardest part of my job are the hot days, I love summer but inside the plant is like a dry desert in the sun.

The part of my job which is most enjoyable is knowing our team is looking out for each other, if help is needed he's there just a voice away. I look forward waking up and getting ready for work, with a smile on my face.
nice colleague and good experience
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 11, 2013
the colleague really helped me with my entry-level internship job, i did some data collection and analysis, and learnt a lot for the principle of the heat exchanger
Good place to work with advancement potential.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Paxton, ILJanuary 4, 2013
B.A.C. was a cooling tower manufacturer. When I first started working there, we built the units from the ground up. Then we went to assembly lines I assisted in the Planning and setup phases of the switch. As a Mechanic-1 and an inspector for Quality Control, I had many different day-to-day tasks. I was also on the Peer Review Committee, and the Safety Committee. There was always the chance for promotion and I felt if the plant had not shut down that I may have been the next to be advanced. I was back up for line leaders while doing this I learned how Leadership in the civilian world differed from what I was taught to do in the Navy. The atmosphere at B.A.C. was the most laid back I have seen to date and I miss all my co-workers. I really enjoyed seeing the large cooling towers going out the door and knowing that I helped to build it.
Pros
good friendly environment, advancement possibility, plenty of opportunities to learn, safe, satisfying work, clean, peer committee, safety committee
Cons
bad or slow communication, conflicted daily goals, lost or incomplete paperwork
very fast pace towork with lots of overtime
Shear Operator (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEJune 12, 2012
Good place to work, with good benefits. I have learn new skill while working there, like how to operate a shear and n/c machine. I have been able to help on brake machine. Most days are very fast pace, the people working there are nice, the management are o.k not the greatest management i have ever work for. Hardest part about the job is working night shift.