Baltimore City Community College Employee Reviews

Great students and Faculty
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2017
I enjoy working with the students and faculty. The faculty are knowledgeable and diverse. They care about the students and the College. The customer service skills of the faculty are without measure.
It was fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2017
Working there was one of the best jobs I had. They worked around my schedule and really cared about there employees. I never had a problem working there.
Production and fun working with the team
Customer Service call center rep (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2017
The team is fun to work with and the work is a passion. I have a passion for helping students during enrollment time. It gets very busy at times but its interesting work.
Working at Leader price
Student (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2017
Working at leader rice was a pretty good thing. It was very busy and also we did not have advance electronics. Leader price thought me how to work on team, how to be focus on our work, how to love what we do, and also how to be punctual. The hardest part of the job was when the store was full on holiday seasons people were rushing but it was also funny.
Pros
good salaries
Cons
lack of electronics
Productive environment
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2017
Great job, working here was wonderful. Most of the people were very pleasant and well-mannered. This job helped me gain a lot of patience
I was a tutor.
Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2016
Teaching accounting, mathematics and economics exposed me to different skills to adopt in order to inculcate knowledge to my students.
Pros
I take my time to ensure that my students are successful.
Cons
I don't give up on my students.
Good and conducive environment to work
Administrative Assistant /Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 14, 2016
A typical day at work includes answering phone calls, sorting paper works, making folders and placing them in the right drawer. Being computer literate was also important, some of my jobs were done on the computer. My co-workers were friendly and always ready to help each other grow. Getting to assist my boss was the most enjoyable part and she gives timely feedback.
It was a very enjoyable place to work.
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 28, 2016
While I was there I Learned the right way to answer the telephones and put folders in alphabet order. I worked in records and registration and we did transcripts, registered people for class, and graduation events.
Pros
you could eat at your desk.
Cons
short breaks but you could snack anytime.
Education
Telecommunication Database Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2016
Working in the IT Department of a Community College my days started off fast paste. I learned a lot about Telecommunication and a little about networking. My manager was a wonder person, she would teach anyone what she knew if you were willing to learn. The whole department worked well together. Working at BCCC was one of the best jobs. If I have to pick what was the hardest thing about my job, I would have to say leaving each day. The most enjoyable was meeting the students, helping my co-worker with their communication issues, learning about networks and being a part of a great team.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Jobe ended due to restructuring
Excellent Opportunity to Change Lives
Administrative Coordinator of Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 1, 2016
Fantastic opportunity to Change live and develop life long relationships with our students. The most challenging part of the job was motivating students to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Many of our students are coming from disenfranchised communities, we manage to assist them with completing their program.
Pros
Ability to Change Lives
Cons
Pay scale
It is a productive and fun places to work. The atmosphere is upbeat with the hope of the best days for the college is ahead.
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 3, 2016
It is an incredible institution of higher learning with dedicated faculty and staff working very hard to provide a quality education for the students that seek a better opportunity in life and are willing to work for it. The staff and faculty are very diverse ethnically representing a variety of places around the globe.
Pros
Centrally located in Baltimore City and is a state agency with state benefits.
Cons
Faces many challenges in competing against the many good four year college institutions.
horrible co workers and management
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2016
Baltimore City Community college has so much potential to become something great however poor management skill and hateful co workers will never allow it to do so.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2016
I really enjoy working at BCCC. I had some difficulties with HR losing paperwork when being hired, but they were very gracious and friendly and quickly resolved the problem. The students are great, I really enjoy the other instructors I work with, and the facilities (at least on the healthcare side of things) are pretty nice. Some of the equipment is a little outdated, but it's a state school so funding is always an issue. Compensation is competitive.
ESOL Instruction
ESOL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 18, 2016
This is a great place for recently arrived immigrants to learn English. My students were immigrants from the former Soviet Union.
Pros
Stimulating work environment.
Cons
The physical plant needed some renovation.
excellent job
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  2901 liberty hightsApril 12, 2016
i enjoyed working there and have learned a lot of skills over the past 2 and half years i have also attended school there and earned AA in General studies and will be graduating in june
Productive and Creative
IT Services Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2016
It is very challenging but rewarding opportunity to work as a Tech Support staff. Every day gives me an opportunity to learn something new. I have a very strong team to work with and the environment created by the management is simply wonderful.
When I was a tutor, I faced a lot of challenges that made me a better person today.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 20, 2015
For the last two years I have been at this company, I met people that like to face new challenges and make positive changes in their lives.
Pros
I learn new things and meet a lot of people from different counties.
Cons
Dealing with different attitudes throughout the day
Rewarding Work Place
Community Education Specialist (Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2015
Working with the customers is very rewarding. However, management is old school, and you have to cover yourself at all times. However, went on an out of state conference. Professional development is encouraged.
Summary
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 21, 2015
Lend and collect books, periodicals, videotapes, and other materials at circulation desks.
Enter and update patrons' records on computers.
I process new materials including books, audiovisual materials, and computer software.
Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
School
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2015
Learned how to become a dental hygienist at this facility. 2 year fast paced program, made great new friends. Busy program that becomes your life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baltimore City Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2