Baltimore City Community College Employee Reviews in United States

horrible co workers and management
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2016
Baltimore City Community college has so much potential to become something great however poor management skill and hateful co workers will never allow it to do so.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2016
I really enjoy working at BCCC. I had some difficulties with HR losing paperwork when being hired, but they were very gracious and friendly and quickly resolved the problem. The students are great, I really enjoy the other instructors I work with, and the facilities (at least on the healthcare side of things) are pretty nice. Some of the equipment is a little outdated, but it's a state school so funding is always an issue. Compensation is competitive.
ESOL Instruction
ESOL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 18, 2016
This is a great place for recently arrived immigrants to learn English. My students were immigrants from the former Soviet Union.
Pros
Stimulating work environment.
Cons
The physical plant needed some renovation.
excellent job
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  2901 liberty hightsApril 12, 2016
i enjoyed working there and have learned a lot of skills over the past 2 and half years i have also attended school there and earned AA in General studies and will be graduating in june
Productive and Creative
IT Services Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2016
It is very challenging but rewarding opportunity to work as a Tech Support staff. Every day gives me an opportunity to learn something new. I have a very strong team to work with and the environment created by the management is simply wonderful.
When I was a tutor, I faced a lot of challenges that made me a better person today.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 20, 2015
For the last two years I have been at this company, I met people that like to face new challenges and make positive changes in their lives.
Pros
I learn new things and meet a lot of people from different counties.
Cons
Dealing with different attitudes throughout the day
Rewarding Work Place
Community Education Specialist (Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2015
Working with the customers is very rewarding. However, management is old school, and you have to cover yourself at all times. However, went on an out of state conference. Professional development is encouraged.
Summary
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 21, 2015
Lend and collect books, periodicals, videotapes, and other materials at circulation desks.
Enter and update patrons' records on computers.
I process new materials including books, audiovisual materials, and computer software.
Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
School
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2015
Learned how to become a dental hygienist at this facility. 2 year fast paced program, made great new friends. Busy program that becomes your life.
Enjoy educating students.
Associate Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2015
Normal 40 hour work week. I continue to learn how to assess student learning. The college management is wonderful. I enjoy my co-workers. The hardest part of this job is getting students to buy-in to their education. The most enjoyable part of this job is flexibility.
Pros
Academic Freedom
Cons
Lack of private office space.

Want to know more about Baltimore City Community College?

Ask a question
fun workplace
Volunteer teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 23, 2015
plenty of fun helping students and teachers productive workplace. everybody was helpful and we worked to accomplish daily objectives
Fun workplace with great workers and numerous opportunities
Disabled students Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2015
Workers are there to help you succeed
I have learned how to help disabled students to take notes and understand classes better
Pros
experience
Cons
short brakes
A very good school to work for. my codinator is a caring profesor that care for your welbeing.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 10, 2015
Teaching has being my passion. I have being teaching for 5 years and I love my job. Sometime is a challenge but you have to keep your head up.. Management is good and the most exciting part was the caring of the coordinator.
Relaxed Environment to work in
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2015
A typical day at work can vary depending on the day. Some days are more relaxed than others. Management is really laid back as long as you are getting your work done in a timely fashion. Most of my co-workers are very friendly and helpful. The College does not offer any benefits to contractual employees which most of the employees are.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
no benefits
counter productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2015
they need to learn that a happy employee is a productive employee and they are more likely to go way above and beyond when they fell appreciated.
Pros
awesome workers
Cons
some horrible administrative staff
Interesting Position
Adjunct FacultyMember (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandMarch 13, 2015
This job was an off campus job. I performed independently from the staff. I enjoyed working with adults assisting them with achieving their GED.
Pros
students were eagered to learn.
Cons
pay was very low.
An enjoyable hands on experience and well liked staff
Work-Study Program, Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 4, 2015
As part of the work-study, I was able to work closely with the IT staff when delivering requested hardware to teachers and faculty, understanding how provide good customer service, and to work in a team orient environment. The staff was helpful when I needed assistance towards the common goals. My co-workers were sociable and fun to work with. My supervisor was well like to all that have worked for him and was able to take the time to help the employees with needed information. Overall, this was an enjoyable time to work for my school as a student.
A Fun Friendly Environment
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2015
A day at work was always a challenge, most days were vibrant and busy teaching me through my experience patience tolerance and complete comprehension of the work force. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around many books and interacting with the customers.
Productive work place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandJanuary 29, 2015
Very good place to work. I've learned a lot about the retail business, also I enjoyed working with my coworkers as well.
Pros
alot of opportunities
Cons
short breaks
Pleasant environment
Outreach Assistant/Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 13, 2014
My day consist of assisting current, future students with any problems, questions or information they may need