Job Description: Out-Patient Occupational Therapist, Maryland
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
1. Valid Maryland Occupational Therapy License to practice or necessary qualifications to obtain said License (for out-of-State applicants).
2. 1-year work history as a licensed Occupational Therapist
3. Independent, Organized, Self-motivated
Responsibilities: As part of our multi-disciplinary (PT/OT/SLP) team, the Candidate will be required evaluate & treat patients using clinically-accepted principles, at 2-3 Medical Adult Day Care Centers, located in the East Baltimore, Maryland area.
Patient Population & Demographics
- 70% ambulatory geriatric
- 25% developmentally disabled
- 5% traumatic injury, respite, other
Osteo- & Rheumatoid arthritis, Falls, Neurodegenerative conditions, Stroke, Contracture, Cardiovascular conditions.
Example Work Flow:
Medical Adult Day Centers are facilities where seniors and the disabled receive day-time nursing care. Baltimore Orthopedics & Rehabilitation is a leader in the provision of rehabilitation services at these facilities, bringing innovative treatments and scheduling options for patients and clinicians alike.
Clinicians will receive written orders from physicians, indicating the discipline & services/modalities to be provided to the patient. The clinician will schedule the evaluation at a time appropriate to both clinician and patient, during which time the clinician will work to obtain the consent form, perform the necessary assessment and schedule (as much as possible) the patient’s follow-up treatments.
Typically there are 6 hours per day during which actual treatment can happen. During this time, the Candidate is required to ‘engage’ (evaluate, re-evaluate, discharge, treat) at least 1.5 patients per hour, for a total of 40 patients per week.
Being that 30 hours per week are assigned for treatment, 10 hours a week are assigned for documentation and physician, patient family/caregiver & interdisciplinary communication & conference.
Hours: M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm EST. Breaks include one 30-minute break, 2x 15-minute breaks every 8 hour period and are scheduled at the Candidate’s convenience.
Start Date: Immediate
Software/Hardware: Employer will provide a computer at the center for electronic documentation of patient encounters. Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Windows & Office.
8 hours orientation
- Base Salary between $70,000(new grad) – 87,000 (with experience)/year
- Continuing Education: $500/year
- Health Care: $250/month stipend or contribution to company health insurance plan
- 401-K: When eligible, with 3% match
- Long-term disability, workers compensation, general liability