BAMSI Employee Reviews

Great agency
Director (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 20, 2016
BAMSI is a good agency with a great mission. I have found most people to be helpful and professional, and always mindful of persons served.

Individual departments and divisions don't always collaborate well, but things are improving. Communication has improved and turnover in key positions has helped a lot.
Pros
Stable company, benefits are improving, training and supports are available
Human Service Agency
Program manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MAMarch 19, 2016
BAMSI is a large Human Service Agency based in Brockton Ma. I was employed by them for 15 years and thoroughly enjoyed all positions I held.
I like their goals
Per Diem nurse (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MA 02301February 9, 2016
I enjoy the ability to help the clients in their home and the community. BAMSI has opened many houses that have given the clients we serve a improved quality of life.
Productive workplace
residential counselor (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJanuary 10, 2016
Typical day at work was transporting the ladies from work to home, toileting the ladies, preparing dinner while the ladies enjoyed playing several different activities. I have learned that everyone is different and special in their own ways. The hardest part of my job was dealing with some types of behaviors it can be very challenging at times but PBS has made a huge difference in my day to day life. The most enjoyable part of my job is just looking at the clients faces when we are doing special activities or taking them out shopping doing things that they love and enjoy that motivates me even more to get up everyday and do it all over again.
Training and support is non existent
program manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 27, 2015
Agency has good intentions however, rapid growth without preparation has left gaps in the chain of command. Forms are revised, released, then revised the next day forcing you to complete the same form at least 3 times. Training is extremely rushed and vague and the agency will often leave you on your own to teach yourself how to complete a task and then will become upset if it isn't completed correctly. Constant call outs often leaves you calling for coverage after hours on almost a daily basis. Constant phone calls/emails after hours. Often working more than 40 hours and never receiving compensation for it. Overbearing work load leads to unrealistic expectations for someone to complete without training/enough time. Upper management is often very rude and unprofessional in general especially when reaching out for help/training and developing their staff. The agency will recognize problems (huge management turn over and large amounts of complaint on lack of training) and will not implement any strategies to make these problems improve. All in all an agency with good intentions and goals that they will never reach because they do not take the time to listen to their employees and to make much needed improvements. If you like being reprimanded for task you were never trained to do, getting attitude from supervisors, constant phone calls & call outs, an overbearing work load and constant revision of all forms and policies and being completely stressed out then this is the place for you! Otherwise save yourself the headache and your time and stay away!
Pros
The clients, paid time off, job culture
Cons
Lack of training, lack of organization, hostile work environment
Great people and management to work for.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Holden, MASeptember 23, 2015
It was a great place to work. Great environment and very supportive staff. Management of the company treated the staff with great support and was there whenever needed.
what I like
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 9, 2015
I liked everything about BAMSI because I was able to make a difference in someone else life. It taught me how to be patient.
management
Case Management (Current Employee) –  BrocktonAugust 10, 2015
I really enjoy the people I work with, company is flexible but there is no advancement and rate of pay is low. Insurance in very high
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay Rate
resident counselor
RESIDENT COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  NORTON, MAAugust 3, 2015
Good pay for tasks that are not hard to do. depending on the house, your day is usally showering clients, preparing meals and if need be toileting clients.
easy, fun job
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 23, 2015
I worked here for almost 2 years. It has it's ups and downs, but I definitely miss working there. The residents you meet are amazing goof balls. I learned how to pass out meds and communicate better. Some co-workers were amazing and very helpful. Others not so much. A good majority were lazy and didnt want to help with anything. The hardest part of the job was driving a lot and one of my lady's would wait until 5 minutes before my shift ended to tell me she was wet. Management also didn't tell us a medical condition that need PPE. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the residents. They were like family and always will be. I still keep in contact with a good majority of staff and residents.
every person is replacable
LPN/Direct care staff- In home nursing care (Former Employee) –  massachusettsJuly 20, 2015
They do not value their employees. This place has never given even a Christmas card. One raise in seven years. No bonus or job stability. They are constantly trying to change schedules and hours and they just say its for the needs of the program. It is to suit their needs not the clients. They are all about paperwork and putting up a good front and not taking quality care of the individuals they are serving.
Productive place
Residential Counselor & Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 12, 2015
Great trying to help mold others who have special needs to be independent. The clients end up having a special place in your heart.
Dedicated and compassionate non profit agency
Assistant Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Middleboro, MAMay 14, 2015
BAMSI is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services to the extensive and diverse populations it serves from Residential & Day programs to Counseling, HIV/AIDs advocacy, Wrap Around and Early Intervention. It treats every case individually and promotes compassionate care.
it is a great place to work
Residential Councelor (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAApril 30, 2015
Bamsi is a nice place to work because the staffs are treated like family, the clients are also fun to hang out with and the management are quite considerate towards each other and their staffs
Pros
free lunches or dinners
Cons
short breaks
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 24, 2015
Good company to be employed by. Great benefits. Schedules are a little weird. The people we serve are overall happy and content with the services that are provided.
Pros
GOOD PEOPLE
Cons
PAY RATE
Productive and accomplishes task
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Millis, MAApril 6, 2015
There was a day I over worked my self and my supervisor told me to take it easy.
There was know day I faced anything challenging at work.
Overall I enjoyed my job.
My co - workers are fun to work with we all work has a team.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Up all Night
BAMSI (Current Employee) –  Norton, MASSFebruary 24, 2015
I work the Overnight shift at BAMSI. I cleaned the home, complete bed checks throughout the night and make sure laundry is done. In the morning on a typical weekday, clients are awaken, dressed, given their medications and fed breakfast. I am very familiar with the job due to my prior experience at JRC. I work with one other residential counselor who was my mentor when I began the job. He is very helpful and works well with the clients. The hardest part about my job is staying up within the wee hours of the night. So keeping myself occupied helps keep me up. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my clients. There is always something to look forward to at work.
Pros
great pay
Cons
staying awake
Excellent place to work
Director of Employment (Current Employee) –  BrocktonFebruary 18, 2015
BAMSI is a strong agency experiencing tremendous continued growth. The quality of services provided are second to none and the leaders of the organization live the mission.
Pros
supportive leaders, room for advancement
Rewarding Experience
Residential Counselor, Relief (Current Employee) –  Plymouth MAJanuary 20, 2015
I worked in the Human Resources Department at BAMSI, a non-profit human services organization providing services to adults and children with developmental disabilities, mental illness, behavioral health, and public health needs. I observed and learned the basic HR functions by receiving practical training from the HR Director and Recruiter, and several other team members. I was given the opportunity to gain knowledge about the role of the HR professional within the non-profit and social community environment.
A close-knit and positive work atmosphere
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 4, 2014
A typical day at work resembles a typical day in our own lives. I cook, clean and help the clients be as independent as possible at home as well as in the community. My co-workers are positive and helpful, most are more like friends than just co-workers. I can truly say I look forward to coming to work.

The hardest part of the job could be the clients if they are having a bad day but that is not the norm. Also, sometimes staffing is an issue when management can not find coverage on time.
Pros
going out in the community (movies, restaurants, and events that are reimbursed to you)