BAMSI Employee Reviews

bamsi
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 3, 2017
hours are great. pay could be better. Benefits aren't great. some issues with management. Employees are not valued. sometimes taken for granted. Some staff may be difficult.
Relax, Intense, Rewarding
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Norton, MAMay 24, 2017
I work at a DDS residential setting. I supervise two clients whom have behavior plans that are implemented. I assist them with their daily living skills. At times I also have to implement restraints when situations are beyond a deescalation point.
Pros
rewarding, being able to help others
support specialist
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 1, 2017
good place to work and good vibe. good company to work for. good pay, less stress and opportunity. a place to grow and develop your craft. overall good environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 19, 2017
One thing that stands out about BAMSI is the opportunity to advance as long as you are willing to put in the hard work. The individuals are easy to love and help is always available through the on-call nurse.
Pros
Activities for the individuals
Cons
Some staff members depending on the house need a little extra encouragement
Daily routing
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2017
At the beginning of the shift, we have to welcome the clients from day program, then offer them a snack. We prepare them dinner. help them in the shower. we can either stay in the house to create some activity with them or we take them out to the community. after 7:00 pm we give them their medications and help them to get ready for bed.
Bamsi
Prevention Educator (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 13, 2017
The Cope Center was an exciting job. I really enjoyed working with this high risk community and not only helping them but connecting with them. They were kind and appreciative to us. My favorite part of this job was helping clients find and get into treatment.
working with the Individuals
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Holden, MAOctober 31, 2016
The Individuals that you work with are the best. The home in which I am assigned is very fun taking the ladies out in the community is very rewarding. Seeing the ladies smile, and being happy is the best part of the day.
Pros
Being able to see that you make a difference in an individuals life.
Cons
Being put in a position where you are mandated to stay when you are not prepared.
Overnight Supervision
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 23, 2016
Overnight Supervision of 4 clients who are asleep
Duplex set up, so the is another staff upstairs with 4 clients asleep as well.
T.v & WiFi set up, so it is a comfortable environment.
Great agency
Director (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 20, 2016
BAMSI is a good agency with a great mission. I have found most people to be helpful and professional, and always mindful of persons served.

Individual departments and divisions don't always collaborate well, but things are improving. Communication has improved and turnover in key positions has helped a lot.
Pros
Stable company, benefits are improving, training and supports are available
Human Service Agency
Program manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MAMarch 19, 2016
BAMSI is a large Human Service Agency based in Brockton Ma. I was employed by them for 15 years and thoroughly enjoyed all positions I held.
I like their goals
Per Diem nurse (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MA 02301February 9, 2016
I enjoy the ability to help the clients in their home and the community. BAMSI has opened many houses that have given the clients we serve a improved quality of life.
Productive workplace
residential counselor (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJanuary 10, 2016
Typical day at work was transporting the ladies from work to home, toileting the ladies, preparing dinner while the ladies enjoyed playing several different activities. I have learned that everyone is different and special in their own ways. The hardest part of my job was dealing with some types of behaviors it can be very challenging at times but PBS has made a huge difference in my day to day life. The most enjoyable part of my job is just looking at the clients faces when we are doing special activities or taking them out shopping doing things that they love and enjoy that motivates me even more to get up everyday and do it all over again.
Training and support is non existent
program manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 27, 2015
Agency has good intentions however, rapid growth without preparation has left gaps in the chain of command. Forms are revised, released, then revised the next day forcing you to complete the same form at least 3 times. Training is extremely rushed and vague and the agency will often leave you on your own to teach yourself how to complete a task and then will become upset if it isn't completed correctly. Constant call outs often leaves you calling for coverage after hours on almost a daily basis. Constant phone calls/emails after hours. Often working more than 40 hours and never receiving compensation for it. Overbearing work load leads to unrealistic expectations for someone to complete without training/enough time. Upper management is often very rude and unprofessional in general especially when reaching out for help/training and developing their staff. The agency will recognize problems (huge management turn over and large amounts of complaint on lack of training) and will not implement any strategies to make these problems improve. All in all an agency with good intentions and goals that they will never reach because they do not take the time to listen to their employees and to make much needed improvements. If you like being reprimanded for task you were never trained to do, getting attitude from supervisors, constant phone calls & call outs, an overbearing work load and constant revision of all forms and policies and being completely stressed out then this is the place for you! Otherwise save yourself the headache and your time and stay away!
Pros
The clients, paid time off, job culture
Cons
Lack of training, lack of organization, hostile work environment
Great people and management to work for.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Holden, MASeptember 23, 2015
It was a great place to work. Great environment and very supportive staff. Management of the company treated the staff with great support and was there whenever needed.
what I like
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 9, 2015
I liked everything about BAMSI because I was able to make a difference in someone else life. It taught me how to be patient.
management
Case Management (Current Employee) –  BrocktonAugust 10, 2015
I really enjoy the people I work with, company is flexible but there is no advancement and rate of pay is low. Insurance in very high
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay Rate
resident counselor
RESIDENT COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  NORTON, MAAugust 3, 2015
Good pay for tasks that are not hard to do. depending on the house, your day is usally showering clients, preparing meals and if need be toileting clients.
easy, fun job
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 23, 2015
I worked here for almost 2 years. It has it's ups and downs, but I definitely miss working there. The residents you meet are amazing goof balls. I learned how to pass out meds and communicate better. Some co-workers were amazing and very helpful. Others not so much. A good majority were lazy and didnt want to help with anything. The hardest part of the job was driving a lot and one of my lady's would wait until 5 minutes before my shift ended to tell me she was wet. Management also didn't tell us a medical condition that need PPE. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the residents. They were like family and always will be. I still keep in contact with a good majority of staff and residents.
every person is replacable
LPN/Direct care staff- In home nursing care (Former Employee) –  massachusettsJuly 20, 2015
They do not value their employees. This place has never given even a Christmas card. One raise in seven years. No bonus or job stability. They are constantly trying to change schedules and hours and they just say its for the needs of the program. It is to suit their needs not the clients. They are all about paperwork and putting up a good front and not taking quality care of the individuals they are serving.
Productive place
Residential Counselor & Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 12, 2015
Great trying to help mold others who have special needs to be independent. The clients end up having a special place in your heart.