Banana Republic Factory Store

Banana Republic Factory Store United States Employee Reviews

Professional Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tilton, NHApril 20, 2015
Pros: Usually some snack items available for break
Cons: Short breaks, sensitive clock- in/out system
The work was manageable and interactive. The management and coworkers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was when the store got really busy, and everything was fast paced. No particular part was more enjoyable than another.
Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOApril 2, 2015
Great company to work for. I gained a good quality of experience in the career that I believe fits me perfectly. A typical work day for me was opening the doors as running the sales floor as an M.O.D. Staff consists of up to 20 workers including 4 managers/leads. Hardest part of the job was probably dealing with unsatisfied customers, but that comes with the job so I was able to remain comfortable. As far as the most enjoyable part of the job I would say, is assisting customers.
Good benefit of merchandise discounts
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Golden, COMarch 9, 2015
Pros: merchandise discounts, flexible hours
Cons: less working hours
Shipment starts pretty early at 5am. It is not easy to drive during snow time. The management and supervisors are great. They are very helpful with staff training and news update for the week.
fun place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Westbury, NYJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: volunteer work, breakfast at team meetings
Cons: no hours
i worked there for a year and not once did i get employee recognition which is funny because i would take on extra tasks and work more than most people who did get recognized. management was cool, very unorganized sometimes. co-workers were cool too, but very young and brought drama into the workplace.
Upper management does not care
Assistant Manager (full-time) (Former Employee), Katy, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: discount, benefits
Cons: management, no work life balance
Hope not to be left doing everything in the store because they keep firing store managers. Co workers are amazing especially the other AM's but upper management makes work impossible. They don't care about their employees and instead of promoting they rather hire from outside. Because of this the GM do not last more than a year.
Fun, fast-paced workplace with great co-workers
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers and managers, huge discount
Cons: average pay, raise is low, customers, repetitive
I am currently part of the shipment/replenish team(Stock associate). This job is fast-paced and any slow work can affect the whole team by a great amount.

Weekdays are usually slow until 4-5pm where traffic starts to pick up. Weekends are terribly busy no matter what.

Managers listen to complaints, opinions, and advice from associates which is really great. If you request time off and give a reasonable excuse, then you'll get it.

Co-workers are probably the best thing in this job. Everyone is so lively and motivating. I've been here for almost 2 years and I've never seen any of my co-workers fight/argue with one another. The only problem with some of them is that, they work really slow, and therefore makes the job harder for others who work fast.

The hardest thing you would have to deal with in this store/job is the customers. Most of the customers are rude, and some of them can't understand/speak English very well.

Also, schedules are terrible if there are no promos going on or if there's no holiday. On average, you would get 10-16 hours(probably less). If the store's making sales goal, you would get at least 20+ hours.

Overall, this is a great workplace. You will learn a lot of things including how to deal with customers, how to dress yourself in a stylish fashion, and also get great discounts.
awesome and fast paced work enviroment
Merchandising and Visual Specialist (Former Employee), Osage Beach, MOJanuary 7, 2015
company is very customer focused. they focus a lot on standards which is a great way to learn how to run a neat store. i learned how to merchandise better, as well as help customers. most of the people were very friendly and it was a very rewarding place to work.
Not a fun work place.
Sales, Cashier and Stock Labor (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Human Resources did not provide to their employees enought hours during the week, for that reason most of employees were working around 10 hours per week.
Great Place to Work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXNovember 17, 2014
Gap Inc is a great company that takes care of its own while reaching out to the community.
Banana Republic Factory Store had a great management team and was more than willing to work with the hectic schedule that goes along with being in school.
Great Atmosphere
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Foley, ALNovember 9, 2014
Pros: breaks, friendly competition, people
Cons: hectic, demanding
I loved coming to work everyday when I worked here. The atmosphere was great and very fun. The co-workers were fantastic and dependable. There were always goals to strive towards. We had friendly competition between all the co-workers to see who could sell the most and there were always prizes. The management was phenomenal and overall it was just a really great environment. The job at times could be hectic or demanding because of the busy environment, but that is also what made it fun.
Easy and Communicative environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dawsonville, GANovember 6, 2014
Pros: communication
Cons: not scheduled for over 20 hours
The manager staff is knowledgeable and open and they work well together. They encourage questions and increasing your skill set. They are super understanding about availability especially since most of the employees are students.
Horrible
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Marina Square, San LeandroOctober 1, 2014
Cons: management, scarce hours, rude customers
This place is horribly staffed and managed. They treat you as if you are disposable, and there is a lot of gossip between managers. people are constantly quitting and getting hired. On the shipment team they cut down your shifts to three hours so it isn't even worth it. I don't know how other banana republics are ran, but the marina square factory store is not a pleasant place to work.
N/A
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vacaville, caSeptember 10, 2014
Easy work, but can get very busy.
Not many hours for new associates.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great people and environment to work in
Cons: n/a
Banana Republic Factory Store is a great place to work. The atmosphere is fun and relaxed while keeping a professional work environment.
The managers are excellent examples of great leadership and management. They provide an open door policy with concerns and questions and are always willing to help teach associates.
fun work place, fast paced
Stock associate/sales associate (Current Employee), Livermore, CAJuly 31, 2014
learn a lot here, typical day at work... busy, busy, busy. management is great. co-workers very friendly and team oriented. hardest part of the job, when the customer is not satisfied.
BRFS
Stock Room Supervisor (Current Employee), Kittery, MEJuly 27, 2014
Pros: people are nice
Cons: pay nothing
It is a fun, easy job but they don't pay much and raises are a joke. If you want to advance in the company plan on working there for at least a year before being consider and they really jerk you around about it so you have to be persistent. Basically you are easily replaceable and they don't care.
Great Company which gives back to the community
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJune 18, 2014
-Assisted with grand opening of the store
-Scheduling
-Men’s merchant
-Over seeing associates on staff, and giving recognition to those performing well, and corrective action when needed.
-Have received recognition from GM and DM for exceeding Men’s percent to store during the Father’s Day event.
-Have received multiple recognition from GM for customer service, BCC enrollment applications.
-Have had walk throughs with DM, RM, VP of BR, Seasonal Concept book designer, who gave great feedback on my men’s merchandising due to store size.
-Problem solving when it comes to merchandise placement due to the size of the store.
-Look at KPI’s everyday, every hour, week, month, to help find the best solution to meeting our sales goals.
-Trained and developed associates for promotions by leading by example.
Great management and co-workers; easy work; friendly setting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAApril 27, 2014
Management and co-workers were nice and helpful overall. It was here that I learned how to use a computerized cash register. On some days I handled transactions, returns, issuing membership cards, answering customers' questions, and organizing the merchandise near the front of the store. Other days I would work in the fitting rooms, letting customers in, making sure clothes did not pile up too high in the rooms, rehanging, refolding, and returning merchandise to the sales floor, and even cleaning the floors. There were also days when I would be in the back of the store unloading incoming merchandise from boxes, organizing them, and sending them out to the sales floor. The whole time, I enjoyed the company and funny remarks of my co-workers and supervisors. Everybody seemed like they were all on the same page.
The hardest part of the job had to be when I would be faced with a customer question that I did not know the answer to and I knew there was no one to refer the customer to. Not to mention encountering a customer with a strong accent that I did not understand. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with customers that resulted in satisfying service, and making funny remarks with co-workers and enjoying their company.
interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAApril 17, 2014
work environment could be a little chaotic at times. people would some times not help each other out. but overall a great company
nice people, bad pay
Associate, Acting Manager,Operations specialist (Current Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 30, 2014
NICE WORK ENVIRONMENT. BUT NO BENEFITS. NO COMPENSATION. WHAT YOU DO IS WORTH MORE THAN WHAT YOU GET PAID.

1 2 3 4