BANANA REPUBLIC

BANANA REPUBLIC Employer Reviews

Stocker
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Center Valley, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: the employees was great.
Cons: n/a
Unloading and packing out produts. I learned alot bout company and how to put alarms on the clothing. Wendy was a good manager and all my co-workers was great and they help me when i didnt know certain things. The hardest part bout job was knowing where most of the products was supposed to go. The most enjoyable part was working with a great team gettin – more... the job done on time. – less
Great Place
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great team, great environment
Cons: non benefits for part times
Great company and a good management team in a normal day is a very enjoyable shift giving customer service
Upbeat environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westport, CTAugust 22, 2014
Pleasant staff + customers, great location. Either really busy or very quiet.
It's okay.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAAugust 22, 2014
Flexible hours if you're a full time student. They understand that school and family come first. Also, management wants to see their best employers grow within the company so they offer management positions and programs held by corporate.
Great place to work: Family by hiring
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 22, 2014
Pros: worked hard to make their employees satisfied (retention was important).
Cons: barely an opportunity for growth: hard to advance with the company.
One of my first examples of a workplace, grown together by the struggles of retail. I was in charge of suiting, at the time Banana Republics highest selling commercial brand, Monogram.

A manager in training, my responsibilities ranged from meeting a personal quota regarding cash flow and credit card applications, to data entry regarding the days profit – more... and the margin between last year and today (customer to profit analysis).

Given experience in all of the following: shipment, stock inventory, cash flow and data entry. This was the first time I recognized the importance of team work and a conducive work environment. Banana Republic is a company whose chief business requires collaboration and and impromptu interactions.

Banana Republic, at most times achieved a great workplaces and in turn satisfied organizational goals by inspiring, speaking and listening. In the same way, the company trained its employees on how to provide excellent customer service in finding the right fit for the right price. It was almost inventive to see a company show its employees how to nurse the personal connection between brand and customer, before expecting them to develop that sense of excitement. They have employees who give their personal best by thanking, developing interpersonal relations and caring.

Banana Republic works hard at creating a team/family by hire, producing a sense of togetherness- like an army in the trenches of retail, celebrating and sharing together. – less
ok place
sales (Current Employee), Burlington, MAAugust 19, 2014
not a bad place to work as a second job, nice discount and friendly employees
Creative workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 18, 2014
Upon daily arrival, I was to assess my zone to ensure all has been left in tact by the previous employee who worked the area. Then I was to focus on each potential customer, paying close attention to their wants and needs. Once I have catered to what they are in need of and suggested add-ons, I complete any floor sets that have been assigned to me. – more... I learned that a proper greeting and first impression is key to everything running smoothly with the sale. The most difficult part was the idle time when there were no customers in the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching customers transform after offering insight on fashion. – less
Productive Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 13, 2014
•Processes returns and exchanges of merchandise and money.
•Answers customer questions, via telephone and in person, with efficiency and courtesy.
•Assists customers in finding merchandise after greeting politely.
•Maintains check-out lines in a clean and orderly manner.
•Promotes company brand name through exquisite customer service.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenvale, NYAugust 11, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing
A typical day at work would include assisting customers with clothing and fitting,Cashier and keeping store presentable.

I Learned and gained valuable experience in retail by learning how to successfully build a unique relationship with the customer. In doing this it resulted in sales and I had many customers who would return just to have me help them.

The – more... management would always be there to answer any questions. It was very much an open door policy.

My co-workers would always help out if you need it and also lend their support if they saw you struggling. – less
enjoyable workplace but some flaws
Sales Associate - garden state (Current Employee), NJAugust 8, 2014
Pros: good breaks, great coworker and great discount
Cons: little room for promotion, managment goals
working at banana republic for about a year now has definetly provided me with many tools i did not have before. i have been in multiple situations where i had to use problem solving and quick thinking to solve a various number of issues. I currently have mixed emotions about the managment. Although they say that they are trying to help us to become – more... better workers and people in general, i cant help but fel like think of the sales associated in a lower light. The hardest part of this job for me is constantly bing thrown around into different departments at any time or point in the day, it can get very overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i can truly see that i have helped the customer to the best of my ability and the customer walks out of the store satisfied. – less
Very fun environment to work in
Visual Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: awesome discounts on cute clothes, meeting all kinds of customers from all over the world
I really enjoyed working at Banana Republic and only left because I moved to Florida. A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with trying on and purchasing merchandise.
I really did not face many challenges at work, because I truly enjoyed what I did, so it came naturally.
Easy Going Bunch
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 4, 2014
Everyone is very easy going and relaxed. The work environment is very casual. Everyone helps each other out when there is needed coverage.
Great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 4, 2014
It's your typical retail store with a slightly faster pace. My coworkers were great and so was the management.
friendly and productive enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSJuly 29, 2014
Pros: associate appreciation days
Cons: the store closed
Banana Republic was a very aspiring and friendly place to work. Everybody who worked there were very influential, understanding and dependable.
Great people to work with and a lot of fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 26, 2014
Pros: great discount and a relatively flexible schedule.
Cons: retail hours.
Great company that tries to do what is right for it's employees.
Fun environment to learn customer service and leadership
Brand Ambassador Associate/ Service Leader (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good discount, great deals, great clothes and fun and interesting customers
Cons: advancement in the company is hard to get.
On a daily basis, I engage in customer service of all kinds, learn about product knowledge and the new collections that come in, and serve as Service Leader to a team of associates. The environment is fun and can be stressful at times, but overall my co-workers are pleasant and we truly act like a team. The hardest part of my job is being apart of a – more... situation where you are engaging and trying to give customer service to thieves, but the most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers and my other co-workers. – less
An ok place to work for.
Stock Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
Pros: co workers are amazing and good people
Cons: no advancements, very low pay, even for management
No job advancement unless you know someone very high up. They give you a lot of responsibility, and even though you are able to do it, they still do not feel that you are ready. Must be rocket science to run a store.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 21, 2014
My co-workers were great and were eager to help and worked well as a team.
I love working for Donut Connection
Front end cashier (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: experience and customer relationships
Cons: hours and pay
Donut Connection was my first job and I still work their almost 3 years later. I love the environment and the experience is awesome!! Great first job for anyone trying to get their foot in the door.
fun and busy place to work at
Retail sales associate (Former Employee), cabazon caJuly 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: no benefits and few shifts
Most enjoyable is helping customers find what they need and the hardest is dealing with angry customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About BANANA REPUBLIC

Banana Republic has grown from a two-store wannabe safari outfitter to an retail empire in its own right, though no pith hats – Read more