Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Found 1,494 reviews matching the search
It's an awesome opportunity to anyone into fashion.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 16, 2017
The managers are beyond amazing! Everyone was very welcoming and helpful. I made a lot of new friends working at Banana so far. We are the definition of a team that sticks together!
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
I did enjoy the diversity at my job
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNAugust 16, 2017
A typical day at work,setting and prioritizing daily store bueiness goals.The great thing about this job ,I've learned to be even more aware of day to day goals, and rising the bar though managing my team with a (we can do this) attitude.
great exposure for customer service
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
High volume amount of customers, must be versatile in retail experience. must meet monthly goals of opening business credit card. Must have a friendly can do attitude.
Awful
Merchadise Presentation Lead (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 16, 2017
I hated working here the company way was awful the hours are awful and my manger was allwyas calling out or sick so i go stuck making up her hours. GAP inc really should evaluate there company culture
Wonderful summer job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2017
Banana was a great summer job. It was a wonderful atmosphere. I got to help people look their best while providing honest reviews on their outfits choices.
n/a
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 12, 2017
a typical day at work requires a lot of organization and time management skills. you must learn to put the needs of others before yourself and make sure customers love the service
Excellent company culture and values, but this brand is in trouble
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 11, 2017
Banana has been under-performing the past two years and the brand has seen a lot of upper field and corporate level turnover. There is a disconnect between the field and HQ and this disconnect is hurting the stores. HQ and upper field Leadership need to get into the stores, have honest and genuine conversations with the Store Managers(not the District Managers, they are more concerned with their own perception and not actually helping the stores)to assess what is needed. HQ needs to make smart, cost effective cuts in areas like marketing and visual so that stores have more money for payroll to actually have BA's on the floor to engage with customers and help them and drive sales. Especially in top 30 stores
great company, middle management are usually the problem
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 11, 2017
Its a great company with a good trajectory and future, the benefits are great and they pay ok. middle management varies , some are fantastic , some not so great . that is why im leaving.
Pros
employee discount, medical and dental, matching 401 K
Cons
no work life balance, favoritism
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLAugust 9, 2017
It is a great job to have for the discount you get on clothes. It was flexible while I was going to college, I was able to do split shifts on days I had school.
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook NJAugust 9, 2017
I would recommend this job opportunity to anyone. It was a temporary job for me but I also enjoyed my staff and supervisors. My over experience would be rated at the highest level
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2017
I loved working here! Employees, management, and customers were all extremely nice. Management made each day fun by telling jokes through our headsets. They were also super helpful when an employee didn't know how to do something. I loved how when I worked the fitting rooms, most customers asked for styling advice.
Pros
good management, nice coworkers, fun environment
Cons
low pay
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYAugust 7, 2017
The managers were helpful. Everyone was excited to come to work. Nice team work. Pay could be better I think. I only worked there for 6 months but I think it is a good job for a student.
Great culture and professionalism
Community outreach coordinator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 7, 2017
Amazing company culture and professionalism. Pay was very low, however for the amount of work that you put in. Customer can be difficult because of the constant promotions going on in the store.
Banana Republic
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
As long as the managers likes you, you will get good hours. Work was fair, pay was fair. Okay job to be in while in school. Great employee discount as well overall discounts in stores.
Very organized and excellent place of business.
Men's Merchandiser Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 7, 2017
Highly enjoyed working for this retail clothing store for many months and left for relocating purposes.
Developed great work environment knowledge along with customer service skills.
good overall
Retail, Suiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 5, 2017
I worked for a few month and everyone usually gets along and it a fun place to work at. The discounts are also great. They do require a good attention to detail and is often noticed if the work is rushed.
Fun culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 5, 2017
Great place to work. The store caters to clientele that aren't pre-teens/teens. All of my managers are super helpful, easy to get a long with and give you sufficient ongoing training to make sure you succeed.
Cons
Not enough money
Brand Ambassador/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2017
Banana Republic and Gap Inc. are great organizations to work for. If you are looking for a career in retail, this is a great place to start. Keep in mind that it is retail, so there are no guaranteed hours, and working with the public is difficult.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
It's retail
cool work envirnoment, discount on clothes
Customer service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
Assisted the customers with purchases. Handled large amounts of cash,processed credit and debit transactions. I learned to be patient and to carefully count cash. I've worked with people from all walks of life and with different outlooks on life. the hardest part was standing on my feet for more than eight hours. my feet would kill me at the end of the day.The most enjoyable part the discount i loved using it to buy clothes for both me and my daughter.
Pros
discont on clothes, flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, no hours
SLO Banana
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 3, 2017
The management team made this particular location and store a success. We always made our goals and worked together well. Lots of teamwork and building up of our employees to bring out the best in them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.