Banana Republic

Banana Republic United States Employee Reviews

awesome place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), northbrook, ilApril 20, 2015
Pros: great location, awesome work mates, great management
Cons: far
the managemewng and people where awesome it was just to far of a drive for me, management was very flexible when they could be
Perfect for a full-time student
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 18, 2015
Pros: Great location
Cons: Unsteady hours
This job was flexible with my college schedule and was conveniently located in downtown Portland, OR. This was a pretty standard clothing retail experience.
good
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2015
Friendly environment and professional customer service standard
typical day at work is helping the customer in any way possible
A Place for Beginners and Drones
Visual Stylist/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2015
Pros: Nice co-workers. Gap Inc. discounts.
Cons: Inexperienced management, Everyday routine becomes boring and oppressive, Low pay, Too many responsibilities, Inconsistent days and hours.
You must be a docile and obedient sheep to work here. Led by fearful and weak managers that don't grow their employees. If you are too vocal, too smart or too creative watch out, they prefer drones.
They should focus on hiring employees that bring a skill, a background, a point of view and grow them, they may then get the expertise and longevity to positions instead of a revolving door. Best part of the day was when my shift was over.
very strict
Stock (Associate) (Former Employee), new york cityApril 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches, retreats, bonuses
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work would be to keep the stock room organized and be ready for sales or inventory calls. The coworkers was full of life, the hardest part was dealing with the seasonal crowd. i enjoyed the times at the company where we had daily meetings to be informed on whats going on.
Great Place
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 12, 2015
Work environment is like nothing else. From the management to the employees I have no complaints about store 8213. This job teaches you lessons that are essential for working in retail.
Great place to work!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJApril 12, 2015
Pros: Very fair place to work
Cons: Store manager leaving with no notice
Typical day consisted of making and knowing sales goals, selling and keeping visual presentations looking fresh and full.
I gained most of my merchandising abilities working here.
My co-workers were helpful and supportive
Hardest part of the job was my manger leaving with no notice
Most enjoyable part of the job was to sell clothes I loved and the awesome relationships I was able to make with my customers.
banana republic
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2015
i have over 9 year of professional job experience i worked at banana republic in the inventory department while there, i was consdered for mangement position
Disorganized and Chaotic
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: management, hours, customers
I have been working at Banana Republic for about a year and a half, and I still do not understand how I have been able to tolerate it for so long. The Banana that I work at is simply a mess. There are too many levels of management making floor operations chaotic due to the lack of communication. Employee turnover is also a problem. The average employee at my store tends to stay in the company for about six months because the stress not tolerable relevant to the job's compensation. The biggest issue I have with the company is that management sets unrealistic goals for the day, and when they are unable to meet their sales goals they blame all subordinates.
chaotic and ineffective management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: the employee discount
Cons: everything else
Managers lack business knowledge and have no idea how to manage their store and their human capital. The only good thing about working at any Gap inc. store is the employee discount. There are a lot of pay discrepancies amongst employees who poses the same position, skills, and seniority. In addition, as an employee you are expected to go above and beyond to meet your customers' needs, yet the compensation does not match the expectation. Finally, there are too many levels of management throughout each store, which gives glorified "leaders" the ability to treat you as the scum of the earth.
Amazing place to work
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 8, 2015
Working for Banana Republic has been amazing. I love being able to help customers with their wardrobes, keep them up to date on current trends.
Loved the Managment team and staff
Cashier (Former Employee), Waikīkī, HIApril 7, 2015
• To Achieve good customer service

• Knowing the clothes are in order to sell to customer

Provide good product knowledge about each item on the floor
N/A
Merchandise Presentation Lead (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 7, 2015
Its a great company to start off your retail career. There is room for growth within the company but not always within the store location or district.
Productive and fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 6, 2015
I would come into work and it would be extremely busy, My manager would tell which section of the store I would be in and i would go to my section and make sure that it is as clean as possible so when a customer comes to the section their able to look for what they want without getting frustrated and giving up.

I learned to be patient.

The hardest part of the job what to work their around holidays, it was extremely busy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all kinds of different people In my staff and customer wise.
Fun place to work as temp
Store Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Nice enviroment
Cons: Temp job
I learn alot about others cultures assiting people from different places all over the world as sales person, great team and cool managent always improving service
fun work environment
Sales Associate / Visual Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: location, flexible schedule
Cons: no real benefits for non-managers
Working at BR has many benefits. To begin the employee discount is fabulous. The people are great. Only issue I had come across is miscommunication between managers.
I work with a talented and diverse group.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 29, 2015
The normal shift would start with receiving our shipment. The merchandise gets checked in and sorted, then we start opening boxes and processing the products. Once everything is verified, processed and categorized we then put everything on the floor. This is the moment where we are putting garments & accessories away, changing walls, windows and the dress forms. We even do the daily marketing for the store during this time, on certain days we do price reductions adjustments, all before opening the store.
Over the years, I've learned so much about the fluctuating taste of consumers, a little bit of marketing psychology and the various levels of loss prevention and security for the employees, the company, the store and the customers.
The managers in my department has always been down-to-earth yet professional. I've been encouraged to do many things that enriched my life and strengthened my character. The same goes for my team. We are a diverse group who are comfortable in our skin, effective at out work and love to laugh.
In retail the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers, even though we have little interaction customers, my team and I always find ways to keep our energy up, positive and professional when are around them. Simple acts like that is what keeps me loyal and makes my job a fun place.
productive, coworker friendly
Non-Sale Stock Associate (Former Employee), Aventura, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: cool coworkers
Cons: managers
its a nice place to work, very fast paced. enjoyed talking and dealing with customers. i learned about team work and being dedicated to my job. my coworkers were like family and everyone bonded with each other.
Love it
Visual Designer (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 23, 2015
The company truly cares about their associates. Everyone is like a family, we all get along. Management has a good relationship with the staff. Employee discounts are awesome; use discount at any Gap Inc. brand.
Fun work place with very helpful employees
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Edison, NJMarch 22, 2015
Pros: flexible hours for students
Cons: short breaks - no job security
how to work as a team
work one on one with customer needs
working with other Banana Republic Stores to work up customer orders
Best part of the job was hour flexibility

1 2 3 4 5

About Banana Republic

Banana Republic has grown from a two-store wannabe safari outfitter to an retail empire in its own right, though no pith hats – Read more

Banana Republic Salaries