Banc of California

Banc of California United States Employee Reviews

Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), IrvineApril 6, 2015
Manager is so mean. You can't asked your co-workers it needs to be her. She's a micromanager watching all your moves. So annoying. I worked only two days and quit.
Disorganization and lack of communication from upper level management currently define this company
Special Assets Officer, Vice President (Current Employee), Irvine, CaliforniaMarch 31, 2015
I have worked for this company for over a year. The overall feeling is one of constantly rushing to fix the next problem. The company is filled with wonderful people, but there is an element of cohesiveness that is missing.
Great place for growth
Senior Training Specialist (Former Employee), IrvineMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Excellent place to grow with
Cons: Did not have all the tools to help succeed
Working at BoC was a good experience. They are an up and coming company that has room for great employees and creative people. I was able to learn the ins and outs of a bank that is bursting with potential. Management has gotten much better and the executives were excellent to approach and get feed back. Coworkers are all creative and eager to get the company to succeed. The hardest part of the company is that it does not have all the best tools to help you succeed. The best part of the job was to being allowed to be creative with how the job gets done.
Great Experience
PC Technician/Technical Support (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: easy job, good working environment, good hours, comfortable working conditions
Cons: weekend jobs, down-time, figuring out what to do was up to you..
I had a good time with this organization.
My duties included - desktop support, PC technician and some basic networking duties.
For the most part my role was primarily as a contract employee.

I did find the working environment pretty laid back and a easy
environment to work in. There was not real pressure, other than to get the daily activities completed.

There were no real identifiable issues that I had to deal with.
The job was straightforward and easy to accomplish.

The only setbacks I could complain were working on a higher floor, and the day tended to drag on during down-times.

Other than that the management and co-workers were easy to get along with. i enjoyed the technical aspect of the job, as I am most comfortable troubleshooting and figuring things out.
Largest Bank Headquartered in Orange County, CA
Chief Investment Officer, Acting Treasurer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: competitve salary
Cons: turnover, limited promotion opportunity
Largest Bank Headquartered in Orange County, CA

Large M&A activity produce large turnover and make for no opportunity for internal promotions.
Productive and focused workplace
Mortgage Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 13, 2015
The management for the most part left me on my own with my office work, but was very helpful when I had a problem or question. I learned to catalog and send trailing documents for mortgage banking to investors.
Lots of growth potential if you can stay afloat.
Prior Employee (Former Employee), Irvine, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: growth potential for lucky few.
Cons: mismanaged, top heavy, high turnover, no concern with employee morale, no employee loyalty
The Banc of California is an up and coming financial organization focused on becoming the primary financial institution centered on the Economy of California.

BOC has experienced very swift growth over the last 2 years and though it opens many opportunities to grow and contribute in a professional environment, the company infrastructure and management is drastically behind the capacity needed for proper operation.

The company is prone to significant departmental changes and high turnover due to a significant lack of oversight by upper management. Much of the organization is inundated by nepotism, and High School-esqe politics.

Turnover is significant in upper management which translates in to general uneasiness and a lack of morale within the staff population.

Management is noticeably disinterested in addressing this with their staff and instead focuses on maximizing the paper value of the company for corporate purposes.

Compensation is typically to the low side of median, unless one is lucky enough to be subject to the positive result of the political elements of the environment in which case compensation and monetary incentives are ridiculously excessive.

Overall the environment has all the appearance of a fine-tuned efficient financial institution, but the underbelly is infected with corporate politics, mismanagement and overall apathy towards the staff.
Could have been a Excelent Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee), IrvineNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great sales force
Cons: no uniformity
The Management with this company needs to be reestablished, From corporate down, I feel if the Senior Management individuals would concentrate on this company only and not have their fingers in other mortgage companies that it would be a great company. Senior staff members are double teaming the industry with other mortgage companies. Program guidelines are changing on a daily basis, and Underwriting is terrible. Their is not Uniformity at all the underwriters all have different ways of underwriting. My recommendation is for them to close the company of fire everyone and start fresh. The only thing they have going for them is their portfolio products which im sure they will be stopping those soon,
New Banking Institution
Sr. Loan Officer (Former Employee), Westalke, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: a new name in the market and willingness to expand its market share
Cons: inconsistent underwriting guidelines
Bank of California has the potential to become an excellent lending institution but is too new to understand its market and customer needs.
Leadership and Direction Required
Staff (Current Employee), Irivne, CAJune 19, 2014
The organization has talented staff, though leadership and direction is required in this organization to enable it to be competitive in the market place and maintain staff retention.
excellent place to work
Commercial & Residential Loan Administrator (Current Employee), los AngelesMay 29, 2014
manage multiple projects and audit loan documents and approval requirements.
Productive, nice work environment
Underwriter/DE Certified (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: free friday lunches
Cons: expensive healthcare
flexible hours, great co-workers, underwriting support based out of SoCal., worked on paperless system. Hardest part of the job is when the system was down. The most enjoyable part was having other peer underwriters to share our experiences.
Great Products
Underwriter / Regional Operations Team Lead (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAMarch 3, 2014
Recruiting teams, training, conducted meetings between operations and branch/sales management to ensure met contingency dates as well as closing dates with docs out 5 working days prior to. Underwrote FHA and Conventional Loans.
Interesting job that I always excited to do everyday
Loan Processor (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: 401k, health insurance, friendly enviroment
Have been working at this job for over a year, I learned a lot skills from it such as customer services, calculate income, credit check, processing the loans, ...etc. The environment is very nice and professional. I have all the benefits by working here (401K, health, dental and vision insurance). the manager and co-workers are very friendly and corporate. I feel like a family. Beside the base income, I get commission by closing each file.
Unfortunately, I have to leave this job due to the slow economic right now.
good benefits, good working environment, friendly co-workers
Mortgage Loan Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 8, 2014
A typical day at work would be following up on previous days emails, phone calls ect., work on any new loan submissions, calling customers for any needed information. I learned how to operate in various new systems that I had not used in the past. My co-workers were all very friendly and helpful. It was a very team work oriented environment,

About Banc of California

For more than 70 years, Banc of California, through its subsidiary banks Pacific Trust Bank and The Private Bank of California, – Read more