Banc of California Employee Reviews

Lacks value proposition, business strategy and direction
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2017
Leadership void. Don't value people -- all viewed as replaceable assets. Executive leaders are not truthful and do not embrace integrity as a core value
Pros
Great brand
Cons
Miserable work environment with no leadership direction
Nice office. Some very nice co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 6, 2017
Beautifully decorated offices. Starbuck's conveniently located. Some very nice co-workers. 25 cent vending machines for employees. Several companies cater to the office for lunch and breakfast.
I enjoyed working behind a desk and doing paper work
Telecommunications Provisioner / Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2017
Work here was enjoyable, I started early and got off early.
I enjoyed being on the phone with Telco companies and clearing bills and getting things straightened out.
At times I would be on the phone for an hour to get the job done and clear whatever issues that may have been going on.
The job was paced well and dead lines had to be met.
I worked around great people who always encouraged one another.
Pros
Vending machines were inexpensive and always had somebody to talk to during lunch.
Cons
I really didn't see no cons because I did my work.
Great place with lots of potential
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 31, 2017
Great place to work with lots of potential but company is in significant transition. Makes it feel like you are at a start up. There is very little system infrastructure or process in place which can be challenging. The people are wonderful and everyone is willing to roll up their sleeves and work.
Pros
great people
Cons
constant change, lack of systems and process in place
Very friendly and professional environment
Reverse Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  18500 Von Karman AveJuly 19, 2017
Was a great environment until Caliber Home Loan took the lending division over and then there was no direction, and very little information to work with - poor leadership
I worked in Risk and this place was just that -Risky Business!
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 16, 2017
Contractors are treated like a revolving door maximum length of stay is 3 months before they let you go for an unrealistic reason. A lot of manual processes and unorganized because no one is allowed tenure or to grow.

If you're seeking a career with development and growth and a great culture this isn't the place. I highly recommend seeking opportunities elsewhere in order to avoid the unemployment line.
Pros
New Building
Cons
Lack of Job Stability, No Training, Unethical VP and Manuel processes
NOT good.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaJuly 8, 2017
Manager was never there. Very highschool in the sense that their were cliques and everyone was very catty and childlike. Very slow paced. Some did more work than others. Lots of favoritism. No room for growth. No proper training.
Stay away from this mess
Contractor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 7, 2017
Worst place ever. They hand out titles like to candy, to unqualified nut jobs who are drunk on power and treat their subordinates like dogs. No time for lunch, prehistoric software, major high turnover and layoffs and firings. Zero communication. No organization or professionalism. Steer clear of this mess.
loved this job
Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 6, 2017
I love this job. My job manager was great, he was very helpful.
All the people were great and the day to day work was very good. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Disappointing on Multiple Levels
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 1, 2017
Not a positive experience. Poor communication and management. You will be better served looking for other opportunities as this institution is clearly not well run.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
A lot
good workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at this branch when I first started. After a while, I did not like the new management or staff. I also did not like the fact that we did not have bandit barriers.
Difficult enviroment to work in
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 5, 2017
It could be a good company to work for if upper management's ethics weren't questionable. Nepotism and favoritism is rampant in this organization causing serious morale problems. Positive feedback is rare and Sr. VP/ VP's are unapproachable. Upper management is slow to respond and there is no training.
Pros
25 cent vending machine.
Cons
High turnover. Honest, ethical, and fair are not in Banc of Cal's vocabulary.
Banking is a great place to build a career
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 30, 2017
I've learned a lot about banking and finance since I have been at a bank. Just like retail there is slow times, and busy times. I have learned a lot in the banking industry; I've learned to work efficiently, precisely, and productively in this work place.
Nice place to work for
Post Closing Insurer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 16, 2017
Was only working here for a short time as they were bought out by Caliber Home Loans and my position was not one that was carried over to the new company. However, during my short time, I was very impressed with how such a big company was still truly concerned about the well being of their employees.
Pros
100% 401k match 100% vested
Cons
they were bought out
Love/Hate Relationship
Registration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 8, 2017
My direct manager was exellent. He was a kind, caring, intellegent manager who demonstrated respect for his employees with a lead from the front attitude. Until upper management Decided making their extra dollar was more important than the well-being of their employees and lost all respect from me.
Fast paced and always changing
Senior Physical Security Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 5, 2017
In five years I will have seen 4 different CEO's lead the Bank.

Many changes have happened in the last five years but the work has always been fast paced and rewarding. The work environment is generally positive, the business units works well together as a team to accomplish the goals.
Pros
exciting and ever changing mission
Cons
exciting and ever changing mission
Productive good experience
OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 5, 2017
Recommends
Positive Outlook I have been working at Banc of California full-time for about a year.Friendly environment, easy to work with people. Company is competitive and pays well
Company actually cares about employees
Treated well from senior leadership.
good benefits and nice co-workers
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAApril 6, 2017
I worked at a mortgage company which is a subsidiary of the bank and used to do the work independently. I have to finish the month-end report in 3 days and send to my manager.
Everyone looks over their shoulder
Contractor Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 4, 2017
A very tough and hard environment to work in. Not my cup of tea. Everyone is afraid of losing their jobs. Managers and employees are fired on a whim. I have worked at other financial institutions but this one takes that cake.
Pros
Na
Cons
Bad management
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 31, 2017
This company has a great job culture when it comes to pay and compensation. There is no training for new Hires, however the people I worked with were fantastic in helping me get acclimated to the company.
Cons
Training