Banco do Brasil Employee Reviews

Love my co workers
COMPLIANCE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2017
Awesome people, but no opportunity for growth.
Good work life balance
Flexible time
10 days for vacation
5 sick days

I have the best boss ever! I bet I will never have a better one!
Pros
awesome co workers
Cons
compensation
Diverse and really competent co-workers
Middle Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2017
With a team mind set, co-workers at the bank grow strong together where departments rely on each other to fulfill customer's wants and needs. It is a fast paced environment where one deals with all sorts of personalities while following banking guidelines as well as performing with excellence so that the customer's financials are secured.
Excellent place to get experience and start a banking career
Gold Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2017
Banco do Brasil Americas gives the employee tools and guidance to start a baking career. As a growing bank in Florida that have started his path about 4 years ago and have reached 5 stars at Bauer Financial.
Pros
Great Health Insurance
Great Job
Data Processing Technician - Internship (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INMay 8, 2017
It was a very serious environment, dealing with people's money, investment and banking needs.
We had to have attention to details, and get the job done in time
Great
Senior Account Officer - Retail Banking (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 8, 2017
Spent years at this institution and kept my Portuguese polished. Moved around the units of the bank and acquired vast banking experience. Went as far as I could until I reached the maximum then decided to go further.
Very nice place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chapadão do Sul, MS -BrazilApril 22, 2017
There was a very nice place to work. I loved to work there. I used to participate of the meetings and also I received a award for the best contract of the year.
Pros
Very good to learn new things and good place to create a career
Cons
Sometimes very challenge
Accomplishment Helping People Around the World
Portuguese Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 9, 2017
Working for the company was good because I could use my Portuguese language skills to help customers of a Brazilian bank located all over the world. However, the company was managed by people from Afghanistan, who had a different mentality, and there was constant conflict with either the American and Brazilian culture
Pros
Ability to communicate in Portuguese and help people
Cons
Cultural crashed at all the times
5 moths temp job ,good job
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2017
Able to work without supervision, accurate , responsible,dynamic.
I was in a temporary job for 5 months replacing someone in maternity leave.
The job and partners are nice ,it is a good place to work.
Productive environment and friendly colleagues to work with
Team Leader - Customer Service Department (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 20, 2016
Typical day at work would entail making sure the Customer Service Department team would answer as many calls as possible as politely as possible always focusing on the client's needs. As the team leader I would help the team whenever they ran across any extremely impatient customer and would ask the representative to transfer the call to me. That would be at the same time the hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job because at first the customer would start off the call really angry and would end the call thanking me for being so patient and understanding with his/her issue. Working as the Customer Service Department Team Leader I learned that the most important thing is to show your customers that you are listening to them. Once they notice that, your job becomes easy and the complaints are gone.
Friendly
Bank Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2016
No complains, the all team was really hard workers, but the company could not pay the desire salary, it is a new bank, started in the business for just 4 years.
Salary Issues
Career opportunities abound
Sales - Investments and Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Latin AmericaMay 30, 2016
With over 100,000 employees across 20 companies in the group and over 60 million clients in 25 countries, Banco do Brasil offers a wide range of career alternatives and challenges.
Its corporate university and the education grants for MBA courses will definitely equip you with the skills needed to materialize your career dreams.
The group offers challenging career options in corporate banking, consumer finance, capital markets, mutual fund management, pension fund management, trade and commodity financing, digital banking, life and non-life insurance, credit cards, risk management and technology.
As the #1 player in financial technology, the bank is keen to have individuals who can generate and execute new ideas to cross sell a wide range of offering to its large client base
Pros
Corporate university, . Career options. Excellent benefits.
Cons
Things take time to happen. Very large organization.
Nice workplace and great colleagues
Communications and logistics senior (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2016
The bank is a government company settled in Brazil with international branches all over the world and three main Servicing Centers (Brazil in Brasilia, Portugal in Lisbon; USA in Orlando, Fl).
There is a lot of opportunities for entree levels but hardly ever someone is able to build a career in this company due to Brazil regulations.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
No career plan
Owned by Brazilian Government
Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 24, 2016
Brazil Government sends all the people involved in corruption scandles to hold management positions in the U.S.
More managers than employees!
Pros
Free health insurance
Very nice place to work, with friendly colleagues
Executive Assistant to the Branch's CEO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2016
A very busy work routine, challenging tasks, opportunities to learn new things, which makes this a very nice place to work.
My co-workers are very professionals and friendly.
The only complain I have is regarding my salary, which is below the market offer.
Pros
Brazilian culture, professional environment
Cons
Not the best compensation policy
Excellent customer base
Supervisor / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2015
This is a really great company, but there isn't much room for growth within the company. Due to the origin of the company, the bank is administrated by people indicated from Brazil. All administrates are sent directly from Brazil.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Small opportunity of growth
Typical workday
Accountant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 15, 2014
A typical workday includes managing accounts internally with the bank. Some require both domestic and international transfers daily. I learned Banking policy as it relates to the federal government. Management was good and my coworkers were also very helpful. The hardest part of my job includes educating clients and tellers on the fundamentals of accounting and how it relates to the teller position. The most enjoyable part would be watching the company and participating in the growth of the company.
Good for acquiring experience
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Good company to work for. Difficult to make a career with actual structure. There is no expectations to grow in the company but good for acquiring experience.
Pros
Teamwork, good environment
Cons
Not good for career
Excellent work environment
AVP Fraud and Risk Monitoring (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2014
There is an excellent work environment. You are able to complete the job and daily tasks. It is a diversified work environment which makes it interesting. I learned how to monitor and analyze fraud and risk. I reviewed daily reports. Management is available and helpful when needed. The co-workers are very nice.
Institutional Banker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2014
Managers were really thankful with the employees
The environment of the office is always nice
Coworkers are always willing to help you
Always busy
Clerical Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2014
Great place to work for. People were very helpful and professional
Pros
A lot to learn
Cons
none.