Banco Popular Employee Reviews

Great environment and very productive
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 28, 2017
Turned on the coding machine. Encoded checks and other banks transactions daily. Balanced customers accounts. Made sure checks amounts were written correctly. Loved working alone and as a team.
very productive
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
Fast pace job with a friendly environment, and a large range of transactions and great responsibility. Every day brings in a new challenge and new opportunity to grow and learn.
Great place to gain experience
Project Lead/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santo DomingoJune 22, 2017
This place is a good place to start your career. I've been working here from the last 6 years and started from the bottom positions. Now, I'm a project leader in IT.
Seasonal Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJune 20, 2017
there needs to be an update in the systems. still "behind the times' in a lot of the necessary documentation. Many of the management need to be trained as well. An lack of management skills in many departments.
client services
Bank Representative (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 16, 2017
Give a direct services to the client, account withdrawals, balance sheets or other situations. Internal procedures, meet customer needs and be satisfied.
Ambiente de tensión, pero manejable
SUBGERENTE DE OPERACIONES (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 9, 2017
Calificacion aceptable. Dias variables de mayor a menor intensidad. Dentro de todas las situaciones diarias, ambiente manejable. Adiestramientos continuos que mantienen dentro de lo requerido por ley.
Pros
Buenos beneficios marginales. Pareo 401k, plan medico
Working at Banco Popular
Bank Consultant (Current Employee) –  St Thomas, VIApril 23, 2017
It's an ok place of employment. There is room for growth if you're willing to put in the time and do the work. Someone is always advancing. However, the pay for employees is not much to talk about.
Productive workplace and room for growth
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIApril 6, 2017
A typical day at work would be to get your bank ready by 8:45. Get my bank bag and get ready for the day. I've learned how to make deposits for companies and customers. Open up checking accounts and loans. In the bank, I would have loved to move up to management because I was learning so much. In our workplace, it was mostly an English and Spanish speaking culture, but we all communicated fairly well. The hardest part of the job was standing alot because there was no sitting at the teller lines.The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the different task for customers accounts and communicating with them about the other different sales that we had at the bank.
Pros
Communicating with customers and the insurance was great
Cons
30 minute lunch and always keeping focus of giving a customer the right change
Buena atención al cliente, buen ambiente laboral
Tecnico medio en Banca y Finanzas (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAFebruary 24, 2017
La atención brindada al cliente es muy buena, el ambiente de trabajo es bueno.
A very productive bank.
Operations/Backroom Department Management (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Work environment was excellent. The bank culture was a very good one. The senior staff at Orlando was verymuch micro-management oriented
Pros
An excellent place to work with great management.
Cons
To much micro-management by senior staff
Enjoyable Job
Teller (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, VIFebruary 5, 2017
I processed daily night deposit bags for commercial and personal clients. Assisted clients with inquiries regarding their accounts. Assisted clients with drive thru transactions and also assisted colleagues with other tasks assigned.
Cons
standing for long periods of time
Productive workplace
Teller - Customer (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJanuary 24, 2017
A day at the Bank was very delightful, interaction with many people was very interesting. I developed customer service skills, administrative skills and management skills. The workplace culture was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the birthday reunions for employees and production awards.
Pros
Monetary Awards
Great work benefits
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJanuary 16, 2017
Great work benefits
Great facilities
Time flexibility
Prime location
Good christmas bonus
Salary can improved
Great dental and health care plan
ambiente de trabajo divertido
Asesor Comercial (Former Employee) –  Cali, COLJanuary 14, 2017
el ambiente de trabajo fue muy divertido y comprometido, los gerentes contribuyeron fuertemente en mis actividades debido a sus enseñanzas y experiencias.
Workplace is usually busy. However, customer satisfaction is prevalant.
Bank Consutant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte Amalie, VIDecember 30, 2016
My work environment is busy on an average day. Dealing with different personalities in the area of Customer Service provides me with an opportunity to resolve issues in a positive manner. I enjoy achieving customer satisfaction.
Pros
Low insurance premium, Christmas Bonus, Paid Sick, Vacation & Personal Days
Cons
Slow In Implementing Merit Increases & Low Advancement Rate
Fun and interactive
Student Intern, Legal division (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2016
This was a great experience and opportunity to work here. I worked in the mail room which was a great place to be exposed to all parts of the financials. It was great to learn about whats behind the scenes. I learned about the trade floor, legal and financial divisions. The people were great and answered any question you have as you dropped their mail.
Costumer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dom. Rep.November 2, 2016
It was mi first job. As a costumer service I lerned opening accounts, answering questions about services of the bank, providing all information to the clients according with their needs.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Advancement is encouraged to those who seeks growth opportunity.
AVP/Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 27, 2016
Working for this company was never a dull moment. Customers were unique in their own need and want. As part of the manangement team, I learned to listen with insight in order to gain their trust and obtain new business opportunity. The staff engagement had lead to the branch assessment sucess. The hardest part of the job was the staff's shortage when other branches needed assistance. Overall, we worked as a big family, more so,then we spend at home.
Pros
Ocassionally, management provided free meal to staff
Cons
Lunch hours were rarely on scheduled.
A job that requires a lot of responsibility.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRSeptember 27, 2016
Customer satisfaction is our daily lives. Day by day we help hundreds of customers coming to meet a target. My goal is to meet the expectations. Over the months I learned to work with more speed, better sales techniques and achieving the goals of the company. Teamwork is our greatest strength and one of the pillars of my work area. The hardest part is to meet the number of transactions per month. The best part of the job is that we help each other, we congratulate each achievement in your work, help you to improve your work, help raise in the company and are flexible if you have any problems in labor or personal.
excellent workplace
BANK REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 14, 2016
is avery fun work with a lot of job and a lot of customers. everyday we work with different types of customers and apply different type of skills. the hardest part of the job is managing all the cash and the best part is saw the satisfaction of our customers.
Pros
monthly incentives
Cons
a lot of pressure