BANCROFT Employee Reviews

Great company
IT Help Desk Manager (Current Employee), Haddonfield, NJJune 25, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Good company and good coworkers
I currently work for a company that is constantly growing and improving for a better future for the clients that they served
Senior Program Associate (Current Employee), Cherryhill, NjJune 17, 2015
Pros: Being able to make a difference in aleast one person life and forming lasting relationships
Cons: non breaks and the long hours on a weekend day
I really enjoyed the co-works I worked with on a daily basis, we worked well as a team for the best interest of the people we served. The hardest part of my job is not being able to divide myself in multiple person to be able to fulfill all my clients wishes in a day. I had learned many useful tips and information that has been very helpful in being able to complete my job responsibilities.
have passion for individuals,its the only hope there
program Associate (Former Employee), Havertown, PAJune 10, 2015
Pros: bonding with individuals
Cons: everything else
Residents are mostly cool,feel bad their stuck there, cover-ups and threats to employees, wage gaps, and short staff always.model employee,never missed a day and I was cut in hrs drastically bc of constant overhaul and favoritism,New upper staff every 6 mths,did I say cover-ups, walked away and wouldn't crawl back. Total cult!
It's a good place to work, because it's rewarding to know that I've made a
Program Associate (Current Employee), Haddonfield, NJJune 5, 2015
Pros: Making consumers happy.
Cons: People who don't have empathy when it comes to working with this special population.
A good place to work, because I love working to change the lives of individuals with disabilities. I find it rewarding. A typical day at work begins with getting my individuals up in the morning, and assisting them with their daily living skills. I make sure they eat breakfast, and medications, and they leave out to go to day program. the hardest part of my job is inconsistencies with co-workers not staying on the same page, and lack of communication.
Direct Staff
Direct Staff (Former Employee), Mullica Hill, NJJune 4, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: stressful
Helping brain injured patients with everyday skills as far as eating bathing cleaning etc. I cooked and cleaned went on doctors appointmens and took person served on outings like the mall, bowling, dinner or whatever activity was planned for the day
Great people to work with, just alot of changes in Management
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMay 20, 2015
Management and overturn of employee's was always changing. Working in Human Resources things change everyday, working as a team has always been a great advantage working there.
Working with mentally disabled can be challenging but watching them grow is rewarding.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Haddonfield, NJMay 15, 2015
Working with mentally challenged individuals needs patience, caring, and room for growth. Documentation, follow-up, friendships were made and challenges daily.
Productive and Inspiring
Clinical Associate (Former Employee), Haddonfield NJMay 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks
I would run behavior plans, run behavior sessions, and enter behavior data. I would look at graphs and see if behaviors increased or decreased. The hardest part was dealing with challenging behaviors as it was a crisis unit.
Patience and Positiveness
Program Associate (Current Employee), Haddonfield, NJApril 30, 2015
Pros: hours available, paid training, certifications, and the children
Cons: turn over rate, lack of organization, supportive of those in school, management, location of facility
I learned at this job that working with special needs is my gift, but like to work with the younger ones.Taught me to have a lot of patience with staff and children. Encourage me to continue in school
Residential Crisis Unit
Clinical Associate (Current Employee), Haddionfield, NJApril 14, 2015
Once clocked in, we help kids with daily living activities. We are to prompt them (verbal, model, physical) to get them to complete their goals in their behavior plans. Kids who are able to go to school are to transition with staff to the school and complete the goals teachers are to give them. Kids are prompted to clean after themselves, help with chores, and complete onsite jobs.

Our children have high intensity behaviors and aggressions. When a child is having their behaviors we are to block all self-injurious behaviors and aggressions toward other staff and kids. If needed, we are to restrain the child and debrief them. Once behaviors are completed, the child is redirected to their structured schedule.
N/A
Direct Care (Current Employee), Haddonfield, NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: awesome kids to work with!
Cons: bad management, poor trainings, unprofessional co workers
Great experience ! I absolutely loved making my clients happy everyday. They were like my second family! I will miss them so much. I went to work everyday for them. Just wished the staff felt the same way about them.
Stay away at all costs
program associate (Former Employee), haddonfield, NJApril 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: no breaks, very little room for growth, no support from administration
I started working at Bancroft as a program associate in education. After 6 years there, I ended as a program associate in education with an M.S. I was given no opportunity for advancement and was constantly treated as if I was mentally incapable of job duties (even though I have more education than many of the "higher-ups"). They let go of employees unfairly (e.g. Sustaining a work-related injury but firing said employee for not being able to perform the job duty, which is also completely illegal). Facilities are dated and many of the employees act as if they are still in high school. If you enjoy unnecessary drama and feeling belittled, this may be the place for you.
Never a dull moment
One Program Associate (Current Employee), Haddonfield, NJApril 10, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, free lunch
Cons: Pay isn't great
It's a challenging job, but in a way it can be rewarding in seeing improvement among the student's. It's not a job for those who lack patience.
Horrible management
Program Associate (Former Employee), Mullica HillApril 6, 2015
Pros: My co workers was great
Cons: no breaks no good management
I worked for them 6months n the management was horrible the show alot of favoritism n they are the least worried about their employees
Run While You Can
program associate (Former Employee), Brick, NJApril 2, 2015
Pros: some great coworkers
Cons: everything else
Management plays favorites and screws over those that are not favored. Your hard work goes unnoticed. Good employees are typically pushed out and bad employees usually stay and get away with nonsense time after time. Do not waste your time working here. You're welcome.
Not A Great Place To Work
Manager (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 31, 2015
Very stressful, upper management do not care about staff, nothing enjoyable about working at Bancroft. Co workers are great.
Good co-workers
Senior Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 10, 2015
Pros: some of my co-workers were like family to me
My day started with a cup of coffee and checking my emails to print vendor's invoices opening my mail and then matching invoices in the system to pay
I learned that no matter where you work your just a number

Management just like most places you work their was some good managers and some not good managers

I had some co-workers that were like family to me I had worked with them for almost ten years, and of course there are some co-workers that thought they were just better than anyone and didnt want to get along.

The hardest part of the job was trying to get in all the invoices on time for the end of the month close.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers that were family to me.
Typical day at work
Program Associate (Former Employee), Haddonfield, NJFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: salary amount
Cons: no breaks
A typical day could be fun or the total opposite. I've learned how to be a care provider and how to fill out paper work. My co-workers were awesome because we had one another back and provided assistants when it was needed. The hardest part was cleaning up after individuals but the enjoyable part was when the children were easy going.
Senior Program Associate (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 15, 2015
Nice place to work at. Great Hours for students. High transition rate. Great field experience. Room for growth. Opportunities for advancement.
Good starter but not long term
Supervisor (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling; usually family friendly; fast and direct hiring; gain experience
Cons: no breaks; poor upper management; very low pay; employees last priority
This company is a great place to get your foot in the door and to learn about various kinds of mental disabilities. This company has been around for over 100 years and has earned a reputable spot in the mental health industry. The staff that works for this company tend to be young and inexperienced working for around 10-11 dollars an hour for anywhere between 24 and 32 hours a week, 32 hours is considered full time employment with this company.
The pay does not get much better when promoted to a management position. I was promoted to a supervisor and only saw a 1.75 pay increase and was held responsible for up to 13 individuals with disabilities and only 2 or 3 (on a good day) staff for assistance. Higher management is awful and often do not acknowledge issues or problems faced by staff and first line supervisors. On more than one occasion my reporting director did not know or understand my job as a supervisor or did not know what was going on at levels lower than her position due to upper managements isolation from front line supervisors and staff while using horrible communication practices. On another occasion an upper level manager did not know how many people were receiving services and was shocked to hear we had 13 patients when the average program has 5 patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients that you get to interact with on a daily basis. They are full of life and are always pushing to become better than they were yesterday. Most individuals goals are oriented to get them to become productive and useful members of society with skill sets catered – more... to their abilities.
The hardest part of working for this company is watching the company let so many talented and spectacular staff walk out the door. The turnover rate is extremely high, close to 60% at one point. This is the main reason I give this company such low marks. The compensation and benefits coupled with poor job security (the company eliminates positions randomly ALL the time) and poor upper management does nothing but increase the turnover. – less