Bancroft Employee Reviews

Bancroft is a good company. Some of the staff members are very friendly and the individuals we serve.
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAApril 12, 2017
The clients at Bancroft are very good individuals and some of the staff members are great. Bancroft get good benefit for the employees and their family.
Pros
Bancroft is a good company
Cons
The work hours are sometimes crazy but it okay.
First experience
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 10, 2017
This employer provided several learning opportunities and insitu experiences that prepared me for my current position. I met a lot of coworkers who remained life long friends and professional references.
bancroft
Clinical Day Support (Current Employee) –  Mullica Hill, NJApril 10, 2017
do not like it. unprofessional staff, turn over rate too high, no support from management, under paid, not enough training on behavior plans, behavioral campus
Bancroft
Residential Manager/Vocational Job Placement (Former Employee) –  Haddonfield, NJMarch 28, 2017
Some of the most rewarding work being a job coach as well as a residential coach in helping clients be more independent.Loved being in on the beginning of moving clients off Bancroft campus.
Afraid for my safety but a good company
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJMarch 26, 2017
Working in a day program for Bancroft is scary and u are afraid for your safety due to lack of support and the management never on the floor during a crisis. I do most of my overtime in residential I will say is amazing the teamwork and togetherness of the staff is phenomenal Bancroft is a great company but everyday in the day program not knowing how hurt u can get at anytime is scary
Pros
Residential amazing overtime teamwork only in residential though
Cons
Not knowing how hurt u can get from day to day at the day program
Loved my Job, but management sucked
Senior Program Associate (Former Employee) –  DelawareMarch 23, 2017
Management sucks too bad to work for the state. Clients are great, Pay is ok, everything is really great besides the managements and support, very understaffed.
Pros
clients, outtings, pay
Cons
management, understaffed
Horrible Management, Horrible HR Leadership, Horrible all around!!!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 22, 2017
This is not a typical recruiter position, this is a paper pusher position, management does not understand the need of sourcing. your day is bogged down with background check process, personally checking references and high school/college education and paperwork compliance. If you are a recruiter looking to source talent, this job is not the job for you. When you express your concerns to management, it goes in one ear and out the other. Additional the pay is so low for the talent you're recruiting, in addition to the physical nature of the job, that it makes it nearly impossible to attract the talent they want. Lastly, they company thinks its okay for their recruiters to carry a req load of 60+ jobs. My advice, stay away!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, Poor HR Leadership, illegal Labor/Salary Practices/ illegal Hiring Practices
alot of learning experience
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Mullica Hill, NJMarch 21, 2017
you get to learn new things about different individual and able to communicate differently with each one in their own way. Explore new things that interest them and new adventures to try. Able to maintain a good balance work space. The hardest part of the job is when there not enough staff to support each other in difficult situations. But being able to change a person behaviors and improve their characteristic is the most enjoyable. Being able to make a difference and more safe environment
Pros
a lot of overtime to get more hours
Cons
the minimun of staff
Horrible work environment, horrible management
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Mullica Hill, NJMarch 19, 2017
Management acts like they care, but they really don't. They'll be quick to throw you under the bus. Pay is horrible even if you are qualified and have a degree. I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy!
Pros
Cons
Poor management, no advancement, horrible pay rate, emotionally abused by higher ups
Lakeside-Tough work environment-Perserverance
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Mullica Hill, NJMarch 16, 2017
If you have a good co-worker and manager in your house, it can go well. It depends on your person served. Though at this specific campus in Bancroft, we had severe behaviors often and had workers who did not desire to work. We were often understaffed and underpaid. Its a good company and has oppurtunity to move up. Though you don't want to stay here long. A good place to get experience. Too much paperwork.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Lack of Compensation or time off-false promises
its a job
1 Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Haddonfield, NJMarch 14, 2017
The Bancroft School is a provider of special education programs for children and youth with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, ages 3 to 21. The Bancroft School has continued to innovate in instruction, therapeutic integration, behavior therapies, individualized programs, life and job skills training and preparation for transition and beyond.

I do enjoy working with the individuals but its the way the company treats you that makes it difficult to work there.
Cons
no breaks
Ehhhh
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Haddonfield, NJMarch 5, 2017
Its not the best place to work. Safety is a big thing that is not cared about. Job advancement is quite difficult unless the bosses really like you. The higher ups feel that you are replaceable at any time. The benefits are not good either.
Job security
Program associate (Former Employee) –  Haddonfield, NJMarch 2, 2017
Don't feel that they have the best job security there. Management is always changing, people get laid off like they don't really need their job and families to take care of.
stepping stone job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 22, 2017
the hardest part of the job is the menial tasks such as: changing diapers, cleaning, and basic life skills. The most enjoyable part is helping others
Shattered my dreams
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJFebruary 20, 2017
At first I loved working for the company and the staff. eventually people started focusing more on the gossip of the week than their jobs. ALWAYs cover your butt people will are always watching and ready to get you written up or fired.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
burn out
A Place of Great Character
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Woodstown, NJFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Bancroft has been a great and rewarding job. I can honestly say not all nurse's are cut out for this type of work. Some nurse's no longer work for Bancroft due to one simple fact: "DISLOYALTY". Experience nurse's know that.
Pros
Super bi-weekly check
Cons
Every day is something new (headache and all), pocket of lazy nurses with no prior experience
Pay is not equal to work done
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  HanddingfieldFebruary 7, 2017
Management needs more experienced managers with seasoned knowledge in managing different people.

level of staff development is slow into management level.
Pros
Free lunch, bonus for special hours
Cons
pay not equal to work
Terrible management/Certain facilities are not clean
Advanced ABA (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 2, 2017
Bancroft looks at you like you are replaceable. You can do a lot of favors for them but at the end of the day they really don't care about your well being or personal life. They wanted me to choose my child's well being over the company. They are unorganized. It's a high turnover rate because most of there facilities have a low pay rate. I was one of the few that had a higher pay rate because I was not working for the pennies that they were proposing. The Linden's is the most dirtiest facility that you can work in. It's not safe for the kids or the staff. I picked up so many shifts for them but it still wasn't good enough for them. Almost all of there departments are unorganized expect for there EEP program from what I seen. I felt like management was there at the beginning but after 3-4 weeks you were on your own. If it didn't concern any of their problems they wouldn't get back to you in a timely fashion. When they say you can ask as many questions as you want, they really did not mean that. Oh and I am also still waiting for a few checks from December and it is now February....
Pros
My pay right(not others for the most part), a lot of overtime opportunities
Cons
Over worked, management unreliable, facilities not clean, they want you to choose the company over everything else
Residents create the fun environment while you spice it up
Senior Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Broomall, PAJanuary 19, 2017
Just do your job and follow protocols and the fun will come along. It's a great place to be where your skills and talents are recognized.
Pros
free lunch, comunity outings
Cons
mandated to stay no matter what if someone does not show up. or else.
Poor Manager
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mullica Hill, NJJanuary 12, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Bancroft and caring for the person served. The nursing team was great minus the nurse manager who didn't listen to complaints and real concerns about certain team members leaving campus for hours while others were forced to handle emergencies alone. Also threw employees under the bus for her mistakes and reprimanded them for following company wide policies and allowed other coworkers to make threats against others forcing great nurses to have to quit. I would still be an employee of this amazing organization if it wasn't for the nurse manager!
Pros
Amazing team, persons served
Cons
Nurse manger

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bancroft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6