BancVue

BancVue Employee Reviews

Good company culture with nice people
Digital Analytics & SEM Intern (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: autonomy, helpful co-workers, flexible schedule, awesome break room with a tv, ping pong table, foosball table, and pool table, and a stocked fridge full of food
Cons: unpaid internship, the amount of work wasn't regular, the work wasn't that challenging
BancVue is a solid, medium-sized financial services company with an awesome culture. Many of the people there are very friendly and hard-working.
Great values and company structure, outgoing team and excellent management
Design Intern (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 3, 2014
BancVue is an excellent company that cultivates their vision and values to their employees. Excellent design and copywriters team. I learned a lot about creating concepts and maintaing brand efficiency.

Good company.
Very challenging but fun place to work with incredibly smart, driven people changing the world
Marketing (Current Employee), AustinDecember 4, 2013
Pros: people, culture, lots of opportunity for growth & to make a big impact
Cons: organization structure & processes a work in progress, lot of changes, heavy workload with occasionally long hours
I love BancVue. I've never worked harder but also never cared so much about what I do. Everyone I work with is extremely intelligent, creative, kind, and usually hilarious to boot. The marketing team is my second family, and I love them all almost as much as my legit family.

The people I work with are the number one reason BancVue's an awesome place to work but culture is a close second. Everyone works hard, independently and together as needed, to achieve badass success. There are no slackers but also no micromanagement (at least not on my team). The work schedule is flexible with unlimited PTO & the opportunity to work from home when needed. Also, it's a very transparent atmosphere. Our CEO holds monthly "town halls" where you can ask him anything. Be near him for just a minute and you can tell he really wants everyone to love it here. In fact, he cares so much about maintaining BancVue's culture that we rate our managers on how well they exhibit each of the core values 2-3x a year and actions are taken if they do poorly.

All that said, it's a very challenging place to work right now because we're growing faster than we have the structure or processes to handle but it's an exciting time to be a part of the company, helping put that framework in place. If you want to help grow a company and truly make an impact, now's the time!

Closing note: I also want to add that seeing negative reviews makes me really sad because:
1. I'm sure there are very different experiences here. A large part of what makes a place awesome (or very not awesome) are the people you work closest with. – more... And it sucks that some people don't have as great a time as I do. I love my team & all the managers I've had have truly cared about my career growth, my happiness, and my future in and out of BancVue, all while being hardasses that make sure I deliver badass results (which also shows they care about my future), and
2. I fear it will make some of you reading these reviews not give BancVue a chance when the perfect career could be waiting for you. Not saying it is, but it could be! When I first saw the position I ended up getting, I put BV on my "probably not" list because of a couple negative reviews I saw. Luckily I then heard directly from a then-current employee who loved it and decided to send in my resume.

So, if you see an open position that sounds awesome & you're a hard worker who wants to change the world, love what you do, and actually like hanging out with your coworkers outside of work, give it a try! – less
Great People with Challenging Market Position
VP, Executive Consultant, Regional Director (Former Employee), Laguna Hills, CASeptember 5, 2013
Great people

High level of energy

Enjoyable home office

Banks are not spending on deposits right now

Deposit based products
Beware
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Austin TXJune 26, 2013
The instructional designer job has been posted since February. I interviewed with them, did 8 hours of work as a 'test' and then was told nearly two months later that another person was selected for the position (Feb. 2013). Over the course of 6 months, two of my fellow Masters students applied for the same position with the same results. We are suspicious that they are getting free work out of candidates and then not hiring. This behavior has been reported to the Texas workforce commission. Their core values seem to be unethical.
Bad Management
Trainer (Former Employee), austinFebruary 6, 2013
Cons: short-sighted, reactionary, poor managers
Great products, great people, but management is a nightmare. They take advantage of employees with unrealistic workloads and give lip service about how they "care." If you have other options, take them.

April 24, 2013

Agree that management long overdue for a complete overhaul.

Challenging Work Environment In a Unique Space
Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: challenging, innovative
Cons: still trying to establish itself
BancVue is in the maturing phase of growth and is seeking to find ways to vault it to the next level. Anyone interested in an environment where you can contribute more directly to growth and experience a start-up like atmosphere should look into this company.
Fun place to work
Chief Sales Officer (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: very innovative
Cons: constant short term change
My tenure at BV has been fun and exciting and has improved my skill set
Bancvue rocks
IT/Technical Support (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2012
I loved working at bancvue, if i could i would go back and not have quit for the military. Great people, great environment. there was nothing here that i didnt enjoy