Bandon Dunes Golf Resort Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work.
Greenskeeper (Current Employee) –  Bandon, ORJanuary 12, 2017
If you like minimum wage, and horrible benefits, this is the place for you. Management is the worst I have ever seen. Only ones that get 40 Hours a week, is management. They give free lunch, but most food is not good, either because not cooked all the way, or food is way out dated. Turn over is the worst I have ever seen, even worse than wal mart. I'm not a negative person in life. I just tell it as i see it.i
Pros
Its a job and that's about it
Cons
Everything thing from management, to wages, benefits. They are all horrible.
Incredible forward thinking from top down.
Resort Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORJanuary 27, 2017
This is an excellent place to work and build a career. Highly energetic and team/family atmosphere. All contributions are publicly recognized and rewarded. The most beautiful place to work on earth!
Fun, easy job
Turnstand Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bandon, OROctober 19, 2016
Hardest part of the job was probably the potential long hours and not knowing when you will get off. Sometimes you work 12 plus hours a day, but only work 3 days a week. Which was my favorite.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no set time off
Good work experience outdoors
Agronomy/greenskeeper (Current Employee) –  Bandon, ORJanuary 19, 2017
If you are wanting to understand the importance of golf maintenance and work in the oregon coast elements this is an ideal place for you.
Pros
Free lunch, uniforms, vacation.
Cons
Low pay, slow wage increase
Hectic work environoment.
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORMarch 3, 2014
It was a very hectic place work environment you need to maintain an unwritten quota of calls and reservations daily. Management kept secret files on employees that they would threaten you with, but if asked to receive a copy of the report or file Human Resource would not have any copies.

It was like working with a group of fourth graders. If you weren't part of their little clique you were considered and outsider and they would try to run the person off. Very negative work environment, not to mention compensation was minimum wage and raises were received only when Minimum Wage was increases.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Free lunch provided, but it was not healthy. Lack of leadership at all levels, appeared to be from a lack of training..
Bandon dunes
Assistant Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORAugust 30, 2016
The same problem exists here no one wants to take the responsibility for what is truly going wrong and the business is being cut from the bottom up which only leaves guests with less service and more frustration.
Enjoyble place to work with supervisors willing to teach.
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  bandon, oregonOctober 21, 2015
Amazing place to work with extremely supportive management. They want you to succeed and grow and want what's best for you. A large company that works like a community with each outlet being its own little family. Working alongside my coworkers from all different outlets was the best part. Creating life long friendships. Though it truly is all about the guest. I learned a lot about customer service and how going the extra mile really makes a difference. To the guests the little things really do count. I had the most supportive, caring and passionate managers who I am grateful for. The hardest part of the job would have to be during the slower times of the year when my hours would get cut. The mangers would do the best they can to forewarn us of upcoming slow times or lay offs and keep full time employees at the hours they need to be.
Pros
Good experience, free lunches provided, caring staff, decent pay.
Cons
hours cut
Productive and constant steady work with amazing coworkers
Turn Stand, Food and Beverage, Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Bend, ORNovember 2, 2015
Gorgeous resort with strong team work ethic. Amazing management to lead. Along with new lessons on social skills and saleing techniques.
Pros
free lunch, cloths discounts, free golf and wonderful people to work beside
Cons
No break and far away from home
High energy, welcoming workplace. Staff are treated same as guests.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORSeptember 16, 2015
Wonderful to work for. Being part of a team that works together in order to ensure the happiness of every guest and colleague alike is unlike anything I've ever been a part of. Would recommend this job to anyone with high social skills and a love for making others happy.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Worked full time hours, didn't work long enough to get full time benefits
Bandon Dunes Golf Resort/Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORDecember 10, 2013
Come into work at 7:55 in the morning. Grab your clip board that has your assigned partner and rooms to clean for the day. I learned very good team work skills while working here. The management were very thorough with the way they wanted their rooms cleaned. But gossiped a lot about their employees. I love all my co-workers. Everyone lended a helping hand when needed. Even when everyone was exhausted. We were like one big family. The hardest part of this job would be at the end of the day when you are exhausted. Having so many amazing co-workers made everything that much more enjoyable though. Always laughing together and having a good time. Helping one another if we see a team player falling behind. I loved it.
Pros
Free lunches, awesome co-workers, always busy, work with someone different everyday.
Cons
Management, duties assigned were scattered and not set in stone, gossip.

Want to know more about Bandon Dunes Golf Resort?

Ask a question
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORDecember 2, 2015
Had alot of fun working there. Management was fair and good to work with. Hardest part was driving out there.Interacting with guest was fun.
World class golf resort
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORJune 7, 2013
Business had great benefits and a lot of detail to customer service and overall experience of guests
Good working environment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Bend, ORJanuary 12, 2015
Heavy call volume, emails
Providing reservations to elite clients
Close working environment with co-workers
Pros
Free Lunches
fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORSeptember 8, 2014
I got to meet famous people and work with a fun group of girls and it was a learning experance
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun Place To Work
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORJanuary 14, 2013
Fun work environment. My Bosses and employees' were great. This was one of my favorite jobs I have ever had.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
greens keeper
Greens Keeper (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORFebruary 11, 2014
Bandon Dunes Golf is one of the best places to golf. All staff works hard to satisfy the customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Bandon Dunes Golf Resort Reviews by Location