Bandon Dunes Golf Resort Employee Reviews

Most enjoyable part of the job
HOST/BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORSeptember 25, 2017
I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the interaction with the guests. Seeing people from all around the world coming to one place for its service and options provided made it a true honor to be apart of.
Good fast paced work but too much drama and no room for advancement.
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORAugust 28, 2017
Good place to work. Free golf and discounts everywhere you go on property. Usually busy year round. But pay is horrible and no advancing in my career field.
Pros
Free golf and discounts
Cons
Bad pay and no room for advancement
Worst place I've ever worked
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORAugust 15, 2017
The management is poor they make false reports of workers they don't follow the law they take your personal property they attack the weak ones and there golf course sucks
Server
Turnstand attendant (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORMay 28, 2017
I loved working at the dunes, the view is breath taking. Everyone is very nice not only the coworkers but the guests too. I would go back to work for them in a heart beat.
Good work environment
Professional Golf Caddy (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORMay 23, 2017
Very organized. Good pay. Good people. As part of the job, you will often not have a set schedule. Jobs will pop up on your schedule a day before you work and it makes it hard to plan other things in life.
Awesome job in beautiful area
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bandon, OR 97411May 16, 2017
Bandon Dunes truly is a diamond in the rough. Set on the southern Oregon coast up against some of the most beautiful beaches in America. Great career opportunities and competitive wages and benefits.
Pros
Free meals, beautiful scenery, great atmosphere
I like working with people on vacation.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Bandon Beach, ORMarch 7, 2017
I like helping provide people with a great experience at the resort so that they come back again. I am detail oriented and that suited this job. Its in the details and great customer service.
Incredible forward thinking from top down.
Resort Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORJanuary 27, 2017
This is an excellent place to work and build a career. Highly energetic and team/family atmosphere. All contributions are publicly recognized and rewarded. The most beautiful place to work on earth!
Good work experience outdoors
Agronomy/greenskeeper (Current Employee) –  Bandon, ORJanuary 19, 2017
If you are wanting to understand the importance of golf maintenance and work in the oregon coast elements this is an ideal place for you.
Pros
Free lunch, uniforms, vacation.
Cons
Low pay, slow wage increase
Not a good place to work.
Greenskeeper (Current Employee) –  Bandon, ORJanuary 12, 2017
If you like minimum wage, and horrible benefits, this is the place for you. Management is the worst I have ever seen. Only ones that get 40 Hours a week, is management. They give free lunch, but most food is not good, either because not cooked all the way, or food is way out dated. Turn over is the worst I have ever seen, even worse than wal mart. I'm not a negative person in life. I just tell it as i see it.i
Pros
Its a job and that's about it
Cons
Everything thing from management, to wages, benefits. They are all horrible.
Fun Workplace with fun people
Professional Caddie (Current Employee) –  Bandon, ORDecember 9, 2016
Work hard and play hard mentality. The caddies at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort are very fun and professional. They have knowledge of all 4 courses on property and make the golf experience that much more enjoyable for the golfers. I love being a caddie at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No Benefits - 1099
Fun, easy job
Turnstand Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bandon, OROctober 19, 2016
Hardest part of the job was probably the potential long hours and not knowing when you will get off. Sometimes you work 12 plus hours a day, but only work 3 days a week. Which was my favorite.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no set time off
Bandon dunes
Assistant Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORAugust 30, 2016
The same problem exists here no one wants to take the responsibility for what is truly going wrong and the business is being cut from the bottom up which only leaves guests with less service and more frustration.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORDecember 2, 2015
Had alot of fun working there. Management was fair and good to work with. Hardest part was driving out there.Interacting with guest was fun.
Productive and constant steady work with amazing coworkers
Turn Stand, Food and Beverage, Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Bend, ORNovember 2, 2015
Gorgeous resort with strong team work ethic. Amazing management to lead. Along with new lessons on social skills and saleing techniques.
Pros
free lunch, cloths discounts, free golf and wonderful people to work beside
Cons
No break and far away from home
Enjoyble place to work with supervisors willing to teach.
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  bandon, oregonOctober 21, 2015
Amazing place to work with extremely supportive management. They want you to succeed and grow and want what's best for you. A large company that works like a community with each outlet being its own little family. Working alongside my coworkers from all different outlets was the best part. Creating life long friendships. Though it truly is all about the guest. I learned a lot about customer service and how going the extra mile really makes a difference. To the guests the little things really do count. I had the most supportive, caring and passionate managers who I am grateful for. The hardest part of the job would have to be during the slower times of the year when my hours would get cut. The mangers would do the best they can to forewarn us of upcoming slow times or lay offs and keep full time employees at the hours they need to be.
Pros
Good experience, free lunches provided, caring staff, decent pay.
Cons
hours cut
High energy, welcoming workplace. Staff are treated same as guests.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORSeptember 16, 2015
Wonderful to work for. Being part of a team that works together in order to ensure the happiness of every guest and colleague alike is unlike anything I've ever been a part of. Would recommend this job to anyone with high social skills and a love for making others happy.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Worked full time hours, didn't work long enough to get full time benefits
Good working environment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Bend, ORJanuary 12, 2015
Heavy call volume, emails
Providing reservations to elite clients
Close working environment with co-workers
Pros
Free Lunches
fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORSeptember 8, 2014
I got to meet famous people and work with a fun group of girls and it was a learning experance
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Hectic work environoment.
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORMarch 3, 2014
It was a very hectic place work environment you need to maintain an unwritten quota of calls and reservations daily. Management kept secret files on employees that they would threaten you with, but if asked to receive a copy of the report or file Human Resource would not have any copies.

It was like working with a group of fourth graders. If you weren't part of their little clique you were considered and outsider and they would try to run the person off. Very negative work environment, not to mention compensation was minimum wage and raises were received only when Minimum Wage was increases.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Free lunch provided, but it was not healthy. Lack of leadership at all levels, appeared to be from a lack of training..