Bandsintown is the No. 1 concert discovery app, allowing music fans to track their favorite artists and discover new touring artists by identifying music preferences and sending location-specific concert recommendations.
Are you an experienced developer with a huge passion for music?
Bandsintown is looking for a senior-level Ruby on Rails developer to join our small team of enthusiastic and talented developers in our San Diego office. You will work primarily on the Bandsintown app building out our platform and APIs. You must be an experienced, solid developer, who is self-motivated and able to work well in a small team environment, as well as handle the tight deadlines and the stresses of a startup atmosphere.
Start Date: ASAP
- You will join the engineering team to work primarily on the Bandsintown app building out our platform and APIs.
- Contributing to high-level software design by reviewing and providing technical insight for business/product designs.
- Ensuring a high standard of code quality for all developers through collaboration, code reviews, etc.
- valuating and incorporating new technology and practices into our current development process.
- 5+ years experience building web applications, primarily with Ruby and Rails
- Proficient with following Rails best practices
- Proficient with MySQL and large-scale databases
- Proficient with GIT
- Proficient with TDD/BDD practices and test frameworks (we primarily use RSpec and Jasmine)
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with upgrading Ruby and Rails versions on mid-to-large size applications
- Experience with Rails application deployments and production environments
- Familiar with online music services and social networks
- Facebook API experience
- User interface and usability expertise
- Mobile application development experience
Salary, Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Gym Reimbursements
- Personal Discounts (e.g., Zipcar, computer/electronics, and movie tickets discounts)
- Company-bought lunch every Friday
- Startup-like environment with a small team, fast iterations, and frequent production releases
- Opportunity to work on a mature, large-scale Rails application with over 12 million registered users and over 200,000 touring bands/musicians using our artist platform
- Excellent location in Little Italy near downtown San Diego
Bandsintown is a Cellfish company. Cellfish is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. All are invited to apply.
To apply please send your resume and a short email introduction to jobs @ bandsintown.com. Be sure to tell us why working for at Bandsintown would be the perfect fit for you.
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard
Bandsintown is the No. 1 concert discovery app, allowing music fans to track their favorite artists and discover new touring artists by...