Banfield Pet Hospital

Banfield Pet Hospital Employee Reviews

Horrible hours. No life/work balance
Veterinary Assistant/Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: Short lunch breaks, long work days, horrible management
First off if you have a family this is not the place for you. Upper management does not care about your personal life. You work from sun up to sun down with minimal break time, weekends, and all holidays except christmas and thanksgiving day.
There are no consequences for employees who are late almost everyday or for people who do not perform their job to its fullest. Management is constantly texting or sitting in the office unwilling to help and any time you bring forward a concern or state that you are concerned with being scheduled 8 days in a row, you are just a bother.
Under paid for the amount of work you are asked to perform.
Health benefits are the only plus.
Likes and Dislikes of the job
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Greenville NCMay 21, 2015
My favorite parts of my last job included the ability to work independently (trust from employers) & the people I worked with. It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job. It’s hard to find that environment today because so many people just don’t care about honesty, hard work & integrity.

On a personal level I feel that finding enough time to spend with friends and family is the hardest part of my job.
There are a number of things I liked best about my job. I enjoy the level of open and direct communication.Another thing I like is the ability to learn new things and take on more responsibility. Everyone is in a constant state of growth. We are always changing.
leah laura
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), chespeake, virginiaMay 19, 2015
I was a vet assistant for 5 years, I learned a lot about compassion. I assisted the doctors in surgeries, drew blood, helped in any emergency situations. I was the voice of the animal, I consoled individuals when making tough decisions about there loved ones, family member. I have three dogs of my own, and to me they are family.
Banfield
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee), Estero, FLMay 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits, one hour lunch
Cons: Management, short staffed, salary
Worked here for almost three years and the first two years I learned a ton of experience in being a vet tech from operating rooms to performing dental cleanings. I loved working here up till the last few months when we were so short staffed that those who were full time staff were over worked and not paid enough to feel like we were worth anything. Management was decent but I would not work there again. Up to the end I didn't feel like I was a valued vet tech but simply a sales rep trying to shove the wellness plans at every client who walked in the door. Wish I could say better about this place I loved the job aspect and my coworkers but not the work place.
Brief overview of a day at the hospital
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 16, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: break room dirty
I work 8 am to 7 pm five days per week. I love my job. No other job has given me the satisfaction and constant training that I need as being a veterinary technician/doctor. Being a veterinary technician is hard work and long hours, but I look forward to going to work each day. We not only treat small animals but also some exotics. to pocket pets as well. I decided to be a veterinary technician after I had worked as a doctor in a 24 hours clinic in Italy. The pace at a hospital is fast and you never know what is going to walk in the door next, not even to mention what critical cases you already have in the hospital that you have to constantly monitor, therefore triage is very important.
The duties of my typical day are: treatments, laboratory, surgical care, nursing care, paperwork, xrays, answer the phone.
This might sound overwhelming for someone not in the veterinary field, but it is worth.

Marina Sebastiao
Great benefits,long work day, slow advancement.
Head Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Florissant, MOMay 15, 2015
Pros: Great benefits for full-time employees
Cons: Slow advancement, hard to balance family/work life
This company pays a competitive wage and offers great benefits. Because the company is under the Mars umbrella, Banfield has the freedom to offer and practice the best preventive care and medicine in the market. That being said, it is not a company that is currently expanding in this region, so there is very little room for advancement. Also, the shift are 12-14 hours, which means less work days, but going in very early and getting home very late.
customer service
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Largo, MDMay 14, 2015
Good job to start off with, I would recommend this job to anyone.
The clients and helping the pets is the best. The co-work are great the help you in every area u may needed training in.
Loved working with Animals
Surgery/Pet Nurse (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: working with animals
Cons: getting bit, injured by animals
I loved working with the animals, but always had that fear of getting bit. I loved assisting in surgeries, x rays, blood draws and wound treatment. I also learned how to use equipment.
Great company, poor field leadership
Practice Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: Animals every day
Cons: Pay, Environment, Management, Expectations
Unrealistic expectations sent by field leadership. Focus is purely on profits over quality. Felt as if a few consecutive underperforming weeks would cost me my job. Field leadership was dramatic and created uncomfortable work environments.
Practice Manager
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Portland, OregonMay 12, 2015
Management varies significantly between markets. Training was inadequate. Lots of room to grow/develop and advance. Consistency is an opportunity for the company as a whole.
Good place to start but work life balance is a struggle
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TxMay 7, 2015
Pros: great peers
Cons: work life balance is extremely hard to maintain
The company is a great place to work for the most part.There is a lot of opportunity for development of your skills. Work life balance is hard to maintain with the hours required.
Ok Company
Receptionist (Former Employee), east hanover, NJApril 30, 2015
Company was fun to work for. I didn't agree with their policies regarding patients and clients. Pay isn't where it should be and the benefits are horrible minus the 401k
Overall Good Experience
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Norcross, GAApril 30, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch, paid time off, retirement benefits, employee discounts for pets
Cons: High volume of patients, client education on preventative care such as flea & heartworm prevention
It's a faced paced, high pet volume work environment. Good opportunity to help pets and owners. Learning better ways to ensure highest quality of pet health care through preventative care and diagnostics.
WORK, WORK, WORK
customer service coordinator (Former Employee), naperville, ILApril 29, 2015
Pros: animals, friendly customers, friendly staff
Cons: hours, no room for growth
A typical day at this job would be being there from sun up to sun down. The animals and people are a GREAT plus but the hours are the downfall.
Great benefits, questionalbe management
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great medical, auto, and 401k plans
Cons: Most doctors hired right out of college and left to work without direction, leaving them fearful to do their jobs effectively.
Hired me at a higher pay rate than I asked for and gave me freedom to do my job with the correct assumption that I could manage the front desk independantly. Enjoyed that very much. Unfortunately, there were three different managers in under a year so confusion was high and moral was low. At times, when I could have used some direction, a manager was nowhere to be found. Practice Managers and Field Leadership did not acknowlege my attempts to contact them and lead me to feel replaceable.
Large Company feel
Veterinary Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Castle Rock, COApril 21, 2015
Learned different plans and different lad techniques. Environment was very different than usual private practice environment. Hours were nice and flexible.
Busy Busy Busy
Client Service Coordinator (CSC) (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 18, 2015
I rarely opened the hospital since it conflicted with my husbands schedule. When I did, it was really busy. Everyone dropping their pets off and still trying to make it to work on time. We had to move fast with no mistakes in paperwork. I learned soon after starting at this job that I was allergic to cats and was not able to stay for very long. Management was ok. There was more drama than I would have expected but all in all it was an ok job. I got a paycheck. The pets that were dropped off in the care of Banfield were always treated very well though. The hardest part of the job would have been when "pet parents" brought their pet in and there was nothing we could do to help them. Also when people would bring in their deceased pets to be sent off to be cremate. I really liked that it only took less than 10 minutes for me to get to work. I enjoyed closing and having the quiet time to unwind before having to leave for home. It gave me some time to set aside the events of the day and be relaxed once I got home.
PRODUCTIVE FUN WORK PLACE WITH A FAMILY ORIENTATED ATOMOSPHERE
VET TECH (Current Employee), AUGUSTA, GEORGIAApril 16, 2015
Pros: IT IS MY PASSION TO WORK AND CARE FOR ANIMALS
Cons: N/A
I ENJOY HELPING AND SERVING ANIMALS AND RELIEVING AND REASSURING THE CLIENTS THAT THEIR PETS ARE HEALTHY AND IN GOOD CARE.
No Advancements
Veterinary Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 12, 2015
Pros: Helping people with their pets
Cons: no advancement
A typical day would keep you busy from easy check ups to sick pets. Your day would run smooth depending on your team for the day and the Dr. however, at my particular hospital our manager was more concerned about the "numbers" then anything else. There was little to no room for advancement.
banfield
Lead Veterinary Technician (Current Employee), Chandler, AZApril 10, 2015
Great place to work if you dont mind long hours (13hr shifts). Management is great.
Most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to work with all the animals and meeting different people everyday.

1 2 3 4 5

About Banfield Pet Hospital

Partnership. Teamwork. Collaboration. Back in 1955, Banfield Pet Hospital was founded on a vision to make human-quality medicine – Read more

Banfield Pet Hospital Salaries