Banfield Pet Hospital

Banfield Pet Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Ok Company
Receptionist (Former Employee), east hanover, NJApril 30, 2015
Company was fun to work for. I didn't agree with their policies regarding patients and clients. Pay isn't where it should be and the benefits are horrible minus the 401k
Overall Good Experience
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Norcross, GAApril 30, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch, paid time off, retirement benefits, employee discounts for pets
Cons: High volume of patients, client education on preventative care such as flea & heartworm prevention
It's a faced paced, high pet volume work environment. Good opportunity to help pets and owners. Learning better ways to ensure highest quality of pet health care through preventative care and diagnostics.
WORK, WORK, WORK
customer service coordinator (Former Employee), naperville, ILApril 29, 2015
Pros: animals, friendly customers, friendly staff
Cons: hours, no room for growth
A typical day at this job would be being there from sun up to sun down. The animals and people are a GREAT plus but the hours are the downfall.
Great benefits, questionalbe management
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great medical, auto, and 401k plans
Cons: Most doctors hired right out of college and left to work without direction, leaving them fearful to do their jobs effectively.
Hired me at a higher pay rate than I asked for and gave me freedom to do my job with the correct assumption that I could manage the front desk independantly. Enjoyed that very much. Unfortunately, there were three different managers in under a year so confusion was high and moral was low. At times, when I could have used some direction, a manager was nowhere to be found. Practice Managers and Field Leadership did not acknowlege my attempts to contact them and lead me to feel replaceable.
Large Company feel
Veterinary Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Castle Rock, COApril 21, 2015
Learned different plans and different lad techniques. Environment was very different than usual private practice environment. Hours were nice and flexible.
Busy Busy Busy
Client Service Coordinator (CSC) (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 18, 2015
I rarely opened the hospital since it conflicted with my husbands schedule. When I did, it was really busy. Everyone dropping their pets off and still trying to make it to work on time. We had to move fast with no mistakes in paperwork. I learned soon after starting at this job that I was allergic to cats and was not able to stay for very long. Management was ok. There was more drama than I would have expected but all in all it was an ok job. I got a paycheck. The pets that were dropped off in the care of Banfield were always treated very well though. The hardest part of the job would have been when "pet parents" brought their pet in and there was nothing we could do to help them. Also when people would bring in their deceased pets to be sent off to be cremate. I really liked that it only took less than 10 minutes for me to get to work. I enjoyed closing and having the quiet time to unwind before having to leave for home. It gave me some time to set aside the events of the day and be relaxed once I got home.
PRODUCTIVE FUN WORK PLACE WITH A FAMILY ORIENTATED ATOMOSPHERE
VET TECH (Current Employee), AUGUSTA, GEORGIAApril 16, 2015
Pros: IT IS MY PASSION TO WORK AND CARE FOR ANIMALS
Cons: N/A
I ENJOY HELPING AND SERVING ANIMALS AND RELIEVING AND REASSURING THE CLIENTS THAT THEIR PETS ARE HEALTHY AND IN GOOD CARE.
No Advancements
Veterinary Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 12, 2015
Pros: Helping people with their pets
Cons: no advancement
A typical day would keep you busy from easy check ups to sick pets. Your day would run smooth depending on your team for the day and the Dr. however, at my particular hospital our manager was more concerned about the "numbers" then anything else. There was little to no room for advancement.
banfield
Lead Veterinary Technician (Current Employee), Chandler, AZApril 10, 2015
Great place to work if you dont mind long hours (13hr shifts). Management is great.
Most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to work with all the animals and meeting different people everyday.
Ok job
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2015
Decent job; great parent company
Long hours. DVMs can be difficult
Hardest part: euthanasia, it never gets easier
I love pets and people and this a great combination of the two.
Field directors say one thing and medical directors say another...can get very difficult
If you dont mind not having a life and being stressed daily THIS is for You!
Veterinary Technician/ Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 3, 2015
Pros: Vacation accued time, floater time (vacation), Extra pay on the weekend, pets/ clients were great
Cons: No time for anything else but work, New barely trained staff and doctors due to high turnover rate, policies/protocols constantly change every few weeks, not many team players, constant shortage of staffing
Banfield experience was bitter/sweet. Though, I enjoy my client/pet relationships at the hospital, there were many other things that I sacrificed in my life in order to gain my skills. The turnover rate was unusually higher than any other job I have had for nurses and vets alike. The stress of the pace was not always workable and was a constant because of staffing shortages. Those in the executive seat made policies that focused on monetary gain and not real medicine.
Great team and learning experience
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Everett, MAApril 3, 2015
Very very high paced, high volume clinic, handling both primary care as well as emergency care. Refined my multi-tasking skills being responsible for six phone lines, checking patients in & out, and handling walk ins.
Friendly environment
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Stevenson Ranch, CAApril 2, 2015
Banfield is about educating clients about the best preventative care for their pets. I have learned a lot from working in this hospital and I am still continuing to learn. They offer many opportunities to move up and become a leader in your hospital. I enjoy working with my team.
Awesome Place to Work
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 1, 2015
Great environment, friendly staff, busy and fulfilling work days. On the job training and education, fully developed training program that is easy to learn and implement.
lifetime vet tech specific
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Scottsdale, ArizonaMarch 31, 2015
Pros: PTO and floater hours are awesome
Cons: everything except those 2 pros..
this place was horrible to work for. New managers all the time, along with horrible staff. I almost quit 10 or more times but couldn't find a better paying job+benefits to fit my schedule.
Great coworkers, rough company
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 31, 2015
There is a lot of turn-over. Pay is a bit below average. Benefits are about average. My coworkers were generally pretty good. There are required lunch breaks- which can be a good thing or can get in the way of getting things done. Training is average. The culture is very company-oriented, and there was a lot of clash between hospital level and uppers. Banfield likes to do things their own way, and it can be difficult for seasoned professionals to make the adjustment from what they've been used to at other clinics. The computer program is their own, and can be a nightmare to navigate until you've done it a while. The equipment is random- some things are very good, some things are entirely missing (dental x-ray for example). Banfield tends to recruit new grads out of both the CVT program and vet school, but doesn't have much in the way of mentoring these newbies.
another review
PCA (Pet Care Assistant) (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pet Care Assistant Summary of Job Purpose and FunctionThe Pet Care Assistant works with the veterinary medical team to provide and prepare for the best medical care of pets, and to ensure this is provided in a happy, welcoming, friendly and efficient manner, influencing clients to return and refer their friends and families.
It was a very caotic place at times, but for the most part was a good place to work! I felt I had a real work family.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free vet care for up to 2 pets, and we got a discount at Petsmart and I had health insurance.
Cons: Long hours with little compensation, Every day there would be a new rule or the job preformances would change, It was hard to keep up with that those changes.
The hardest part of this job was when the clients would be very upset cause they didn't understand our wellness plans or It was not explianed very well. I learned that I can/could make a difference for this business.I proved that with the revenue in crease in the last few months. The most enjoyable part of my job was the clients and there pets. When they would come in and would be so worried about there pets and I would help them to feel comfortable and safe. Management, hmmmm it is a different sort of management. They are not consistant with anythng and if I was off for 2 days I would come back and the rules or job had been changed again. Most of my co-workers were awesome, I really felt several of them cared about me. There is always one that is a "pot stirer", but for the most part I enjoyed them.
Fast paced animal hospital
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Effecting the lives of others
Cons: long shifts, no separate bathrooms for employees or break room
Everyday is usually full of surprises. Everyone is nice to one another. Hardest part of the job is when you have a challenging dog and you don't have another set of arms. I learned a lot of things at this hospital, pharmacy wise. I learned all kinds of drugs while I dispensed and explained them. I learned as much as the client did some days from the doctors. The most enjoyable part of working here was that I got to make a difference in an animals health and keep them healthy for a long happy life.
Great place to gain experience for a career in veterinary medicine
EXTERNSHIP AT BANFIELD PET HOSPITAL (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIMarch 23, 2015
Pros: largely supportive staff
Cons: long hours
Keep in mind my time at Banfield was as student completing an externship, so my typical day was a bit different from the rest of staffs, and I was not allowed to receive compensation for my work.

Mornings started with surgery patients being checked in, with surgeries and dentals beginning early to mid-morning. I progressed from observing surgeries to prepping surgery and dental patients to monitoring patients to performing dental cleanings. Patients were also being seen in rooms during the morning, which I was able to observe and later participate in during my externship. Afternoons were spent seeing scheduled appointments in rooms, with paperwork and file-keeping performed at the end of the day. Because of the volume of patients seen in a day, filing at the end of the day could be tedious. In addition, Banfield lost three employees during my time with them, making things a bit hectic.
As a student, I felt supported by the staff in continuing my education in veterinary medicine. I felt the staff gave me many opportunities to complete the tasks necessary for my externship. It also helped that Banfield sees exotic pets, and I was able to work with birds, rats, and rabbits during my externship.

1 2 3 4 5

About Banfield Pet Hospital

Partnership. Teamwork. Collaboration. Back in 1955, Banfield Pet Hospital was founded on a vision to make human-quality medicine – Read more

Banfield Pet Hospital Salaries