Banfield Pet Hospital Employee Reviews

Assembly line, poor quality medicine
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2018
Terrible management! Field leaders are never available and are not receptive to associate input. Management never considers anything but the revenue! Hospitals are understaffed and desperate for doctors! Management and staff retention is a joke! Training for employees is bottom of the barrel. Quality of medicine is extremely poor! Banfield strives to see as many pets as possible, with as little staff as possible! Get pets in and out with 5 minute exams! Hospitals are dirty! Dogs sit in cages all day long in their own waste and are not taken out to use the bathroom. Poor quality, dangerous medicine! Embarrassing.
Exciting place to work
Pet Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJanuary 15, 2018
If you enjoy working with animals and people then Banfield Pet Hospital is a great place to work. It is also a great place to take your pet for care.
Workplace
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Very fast pace environment, but makes the day go by fast. Some days when its understand it make the day go bad but otherwise a good working environment.
Fast paced but collaborative environment
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 14, 2018
The location I worked in was one of the busiest locations but we always managed to get the job done on time through collaboration across all team members.
Excellent skills training with supportive co-workers
Veterinarian Assistant (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 13, 2018
I worked at two different Banfield's- one in Tallahassee and another in Delray Beach- both provided the same overall experience. I was always surrounded with supportive, hardworking individuals along with very understanding and flexible management. It is a fast paced job, but the skills training is exceptional. I entered this job with no experience, and now have the ability to draw blood, preform laboratory tests, restrain animals, monitor and assist and surgeries and much more.
All doctors that I have worked under have been exceptional. Great learning environment and would recommend for anyone trying to gain exposure in the field of veterinary medicine.
Pros
flexible hours and vacation time
Cons
Too much focus on numbers (production etc)
Good company to work for
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 11, 2018
Banfield is a good company to work for and the managers and doctor really care about their employees and their clients and their pets. They all go above and beyond to help everyone.
no answer (Former Employee) –  no answerJanuary 10, 2018
I dont want to fill this part out but I will say that Banfield is open 7 days a week and most holidays. I usually work a 4 day week with 8-10 hours per day, which is nice to have 3 days off during the week, but the days I work are very stressful and busy, so it is tiring. There is a lot of turnover with management. It is corporate-owned.
I love this job
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 9, 2018
Working for Banfield Pet Hospital is the happiest experience I've ever had in a work environment. I'm partial to my hospital, though. I work with a great team of dedicated pet health providers, and my manager goes out of her way to show her appreciation and respect for her team.
Pros
Feeling good about what I do
Cons
High physical risk, low pay
Workplace Culture
Shift Lead / Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 6, 2018
My hospital has a very open and accepting culture. The associates make the location feel more like a family and they are all very supportive of each other
Overall review
veterinary assistant (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 5, 2018
I loved my time at Banfield and would recommend to anyone for pet/preventive care and consider working for them again. Love the company and all it stands for.
Quick pace, educational, team building
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 5, 2018
I loved the location I worked at and every Banfield location team is different. Bloomington and Apple valley are great teams and have wonderful management. The workplace culture was all about team building and helping out. The hardest part of the job is that it can be a stressful environment but its good for learning and improving skills. The most enjoyable part of this job is the team and the doctors. I loved my co-workers, they were fun, helpful and felt like family. Most medical fields tend to be quick pace challenging and high stress so if you don’t thrive in this environment then maybe consider a different profession.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, skill training, advancement, team building
Cons
Long hours, high stress environment
Great place to work very competitive
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 4, 2018
Great place to work. Good work-life balance. Great place to work more rewarding and other areas than pay benefits in which you can give back to pets and pet families
Good place to work.
Veterinary Assistant/Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Teamwork is lacking and growth opportunity is very limited in this hospital. Hardest part of the job is the stress of seeing every patient that goes to our clinic with enough time to provide excellent care.
Learning Job
Receptionist (Client Service Coriander) (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 4, 2018
This job taught me a lot about animals. Staff is 50/50 and management was very poor, to many things change every week. No room for advancement. There is also no sitting which can be very stressful.
Great place to work at
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 3, 2018
: I loved working there. Also you learn a lot of hands on activities and learning a lot when it comes to customers.......................................
benefits
Cons
working weekends
Has potential to be the best in the business
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJanuary 3, 2018
The company is amazing and most of the people are amazing. It is a hectic and sometimes very frustrating environment. People are not necessarily treated equally.
Improving the culture of the workplace would go a long way with the employees as well as the clients.
Doing the right thing the first time is good business ethics.
Overall, it was a great place to work. Very long hours and no overtime pay but it had it rewards and the majority of them all had 4 legs.

It was good but it could have been great had managers been given the power to make the changes that were needed to move the hospital forward.

I loved the job but not the circumstances in which I had to perform my duties
Pros
Animals
Cons
hours
It's a job
Associate Veterinarian (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 2, 2018
Can practice medicine easily, need to adhere to their rules, which are many. Things change a lot, which is fine. Wellness plans make it affordable for owners to care for their healthy pets.
Pros
Pay, benefits, tons of PTO
Cons
Corporate mindset
Excellent career starting point
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2018
I love the people and doctors i work with, ability to work around my school schedule and great discounts along with health and 401k plan. Love the clients and patients that you get to form a strong bond with.
Opportunity for advancement
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 1, 2018
Great company to work for, great benefits and great people. Position is high stress and work life balance is not great. I have worked there for over 10 years and feel that they continue to improve and create an better environment for clients, pets and associates.
short staffed
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 1, 2018
Our hospital like many others are short on doctors and it makes us associates suffer with no hours. Especially the ones that have been there for so long. Hard to pick up shifts at other locations when you have to arrange a sitter and drive across the city.
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
no hours to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banfield Pet Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9