Banfield Pet Hospital

Banfield Pet Hospital Employer Reviews

Fun, busy workplace.
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: 3 free wellness plans
Cons: long days
Typically long hours. Long work days. Day goes by quickly though because of the business. Very fun to see different pets all day. Helping people care for their pet is a great accomplishment. Love all of the people i work with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers.
hard work with lots of rewards.
Veterinary Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Acworth, GAJune 30, 2014
Pros: helping pets
Cons: management, long hours, turn over rate
Working with the pets is the best thing I have ever done. It is such a rewarding job. I would love to help people the way I have helped some of those animals. Banfield was hard to enjoy the job because of the tension between management and the high turn over rate. We cannot be very productive if we are constantly training.
Gave me great Customer Service experieince
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cobb County, GAJune 27, 2014
Pros: great experience in customer service
It was a great learning experience. I enjoyed the overall public contact, working as support staff for the Veterinarians and Techs. As an animal lover myself, I learned a lot about the general health and care of one's pets. I worked there only part time while working as a GA Pre-K Lead Teacher elsewhere.
Management is AWFUL
Vet Assistant (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAJune 26, 2014
Pros: when it's time to clock out and go home!
Cons: everything about this place is a joke!
If you don't care about having a life and love working 12 hour days and every weekend....then this job is for you. It's a cluster every single day because management doesn't know what they're doing or how to run a Veterinary Hospital. I would never recommend this place for employment OR care!
Unbalanced Workplace
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAJune 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, good doctors
Cons: lack of structured training, no-advancement culture, componsation not equilivant to expereince or workload
Good Benefits with some very knowledgeable and friendly vets. Technician/support staff was rude and condescending, giving little opportunity to grow/prove oneself. Hired with expectation to be FT, but had hours steadily cut.
Awful Experience
Customer Service Coordinator/ Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee), Peachtree City GAJune 22, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: all together a bad company to work for if you want to love your job
Manager was never there. Wasn't trained and a completely unorganized hospital. The staff was great and really cared for the patients rather then the money. Staff did amazing, being the hospital is under staffed, equipment never works and there is no practice manager to manage the hospital. Long hours and sometimes you don't get a lunch break.
same
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2014
the same as any other job. very busy and not appreciated. you work long hours.
Very enthusiastic and cohesive workplace
Veterinary Student Intern (Current Employee), Glen Carbon, ILJune 10, 2014
Pros: paid internship!
Cons: not all cities with a banfield offer the internship
The days I work are generally long with somewhere between 10-12 hour days, but I only work 3-4 days per week. I have learned an immense amount of veterinary education and I have had great clinical experiences. My coworkers are very nice and work well with each other which offers a great work environment. I would say the hardest part of the job is working – more... for 12 hour increments on my feet almost the entire time, but working with animals and fun people makes it worthwhile! – less
Great Place to work
Vet Assistant (Former Employee), midtown , FLJune 9, 2014
worked with animals everyday, very hands on job, never a slow day, co-workers were great, management was awesome.
Fun and rewarding work environment
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Willow Grove, PAJune 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
They provide good training in policy and procedure as well as use of their software.
Mostly work
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 5, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: long hours, poor management
When management was efficient work went well. Now management has been changed and the work environment is unpleasant.
Productive environment with emphasis on keeping pets healthy
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee), Sunset Valley, TXMay 31, 2014
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: long hours
Overall a very nice place to work. The hospital I worked at was very busy, but it helps the time pass. Co-workers are very nice and make coming to work pleasant. Not a monotonous job, there is something new to learn every day and you see alot of different types of appointments
They don't care about me as an employee
Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNMay 30, 2014
Pros: only working part time
Cons: little pay for a two year degree
A typical day at work is making sure to always be overworked and overwhelmed. I might have two sick pets I am working with, in an appointment where a client has lots of needs, and an emergency that comes in that no other technician wants because it would mean staying after hours. I have learned how to work in a fast paced environment with lots of stress – more... that has forced me to prioritize my time. Management does not care about its employees, we are all very easily replaced. When there is conflict at work the managers push issues under the rug and look the other way, they only care about how much money you can bring into the clinic. Co-workers I never see because everyone is off dealing with their own stressors. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to ensure clients know how to properly care for their pets. The most enjoyable part of the job are the kittens that come in. – less
this is ridiculous
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Morrow, GAMay 27, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun with a little stress.
Pet Care Assistant (Current Employee), Plantation, FLMay 25, 2014
I always have fun at work,you have to. It might get alittle hectic but if you don't let it bother you then it's alright. I will make you laugh when you are mad and calm you down when stess gets to you.
Advancements are obtainable
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville NCMay 22, 2014
Having worked at Banfield Pet Hospital only for a brief amount of time I had learned about the health care profession and had decided to enroll into a two year program to advance myself in the medical field
horrible place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXMay 21, 2014
Cons: many
work environment at the location I was assigned was relentless with the staff
Positive work environment but lack of accountability and development opportunities
Practice Manager Hospital 0360 (Current Employee), Las VegasMay 16, 2014
Stable company with continued growth. Work environment and culture is positive and focused on associate engagement and client service. Company has struggled with change management and continuing to develop growth opportunities for employees
Fun workplace
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: learning new things every day
Cons: sometimes don't get a lunch due to emergencies or surgeries taking too long
I learn so much each day I'm there. I love the clients and my coworkers. I just need a more suitable job for a family.
Productive workplace, very focused on the well being of animals and customers
Student Intern (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 13, 2014
I loved this hospital. I felt that I was really learning something new everyday. They were very hands on when teaching me how to do things and I learned a lot. They were very productive and were very focused on the well being of the animals and the customers. They were kind, gentle, but also very hardworking.

1 2 3 4 5

About Banfield Pet Hospital

Partnership. Teamwork. Collaboration. Back in 1955, Banfield Pet Hospital was founded on a vision to make human-quality medicine – Read more

Banfield Pet Hospital Photos