Banfield Pet Hospital

Banfield Pet Hospital Employer Reviews

It depends on management and your team members.
Vet Assistant (Former Employee), Frederick, MDSeptember 19, 2014
If you have a good team, it's a good place to work. You will be busy and running around like crazy. Their computer program is a pain to learn but once you get it, it's ok. Depending on the hospital, some doctors will do their own notes and some will have you do them and go back to check them. They do want you to push to OWP programs. They are a good – more... deal. It just seemed lately like corporate is more concerned about quotas than pet health. – less
Educational and rewarding experience
Veterinary assistant (Former Employee), Midlothian, VASeptember 16, 2014
Working for Banfield was a insightful and rewarding experience. I would recommend anyone wanting to invest in their pets health to take them to Banfield.
All about money
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Joliet, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, cross training
Cons: everything else
I worked with some awesome coworkers and was able to learn a lot. I also had the opportunity to do hands on things and cross train as a tech. However the managers are always in your ear about revenue and numbers. They are constantly worried about how many pets are brought in and how much money they spent. The welfare of the pet is not the priority of – more... the company. The clients that were dealt with at this facility were very unruly and rude. On multiple occasions I was cussed at on the phone and in person. This job was extremely degrading and undermining. Also you will most likely never leave on time. – less
Fun group of people towork with!
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Tomball, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Unfortunate low pay scale.
I have enjoyed working with the team.
Great to start off
Pet Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2014
Honestly they taught me a lot about this field where I was able to advance.
Excellent opportunity, however not fully honest
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee), Acworth, GASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: excellent learning experience, positive working environment, great benefits
Cons: hours may not turn out as promised, online training process can last up to 4 months
While working at Banfield, I learned tons of useful skills and information. I found my coworkers made an excellent team. Management was okay, but did let personal feelings run rampant to an extent. Job benefits were fantastic, and compensation was very fair.
My biggest issue would be hours. Upon being hired I was promised at least 40 hours a week, and – more... asked to leave my other veterinary job. I did so. Only a few weeks after being hired, ALL veterinary assistants had their hours cut (some ended up with as little as 3-4 hours a week, my lowest was 7), despite our rating as the most efficient office in our state. Once our hours were cut, new assistants were brought in. This left us with an overflow of people holding the position, while each person was lucky to receive 10 hours in a week.

I would rate lower if the stars would allow me to (computer issues I suppose). – less
Excellent opportunity, however not fully honest
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee), Acworth, GASeptember 3, 2014

not a good placeto work
Veterinary Technician Extern (Former Employee), Avondale, AZAugust 29, 2014
They are more about there money then the health or well being of the animals....
Horrible company
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAAugust 29, 2014
I briefly worked at a Banfield. They are all about revenue instead of the well-being of the true purpose...ANIMALS.
This jobe does not pay you for the amount of work you do.
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2014
I learned alot at Banfield, however the pay is terrible. I enjoy helping animals, and it is rewarding. The benifits are okay. The raises are very limited. You are always overworked due to limited staff
Wonderful Place
Veterinarian Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 25, 2014
I enjoyed everyday and every experience I had with each situation.
Wish I could've stayed for sure
Pet Nurse (Former Employee), Flowood, MSAugust 25, 2014
It taught me the passion goes to every species of animal. The coworkers were awesome as well as doctors!
Challenging, but rewarding
CSS/Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee), Lochbuie, COAugust 23, 2014
I loved having the opportunity to work as a Client Service Coordinator and also be trained to work in the back as a Veterinary Assistant. I loved connecting with clients and the pets and made some great friends and had an awesome opportunity at the hospital. Learned a lot of new things and how to take care of my own pets better.
Fastpaced and growing workplace
Client Service Coordinator/Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work is busy and you must be able to multitask. I have learned a lot at Banfield from knowing what vaccinations are for and how to give the to pets myself and to cleaning pets teeth and assisting with spays and neuters. I consider the management at Banfield to be good. My co-workers are constantly changing we only have about four associates – more... that have worked there for six to eight years thus far it normally is two years tops for other associates. The hardest part of this job would be learning the in's and outs of surgery. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be that we get to listen to fun up beat music that makes everyday flow a little better. – less
for career starters only
Practice Manager (Current Employee), TXAugust 19, 2014
high turnover
poor work life balance
no job security
constantly changing expectations
no opportunities for promotion
Perfect Career
Front Desk Coordinator/ Technician (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work would be constant clients throughout the entire day. I learned so much about different treatments for animals, shots, etc. Management was perfect as well as my coworkers. The hardest part of my job was having to assist putting a pet down. The most enjoyable part would be meeting new pets.
The work atmosphere was great. They allow employees to bring their dogs to work and have a dog park out in front. The Bistro cafeteria was nice also.
Client Serv. Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 18, 2014
Pros: cheaper health care for employees pets, nice work atmosphere.
Cons: it was very hard to have a chance to get to know any of your co-workers.
I worked in client finance, so I dealt mainly with billing for our clients pets Wellness Plans. This involved updating credit card information and taking payments.
Fun and exciting work enviroment
Client Service Coordinator/Vet Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2014
Pros: working with animals and people
Cons: hours
I learned how to handle pet parents and their animals. I learned how to draw blood from cats and dogs, as well as, mix and give vaccines, run bloodwork, fecal exams, and various types of test. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the pets grow up and be there as they go from babies to adulthood with their families. The hardest part of the – more... job was when patients had to be euthanized. – less
Great doctors
Client Service Coordinator/ Veterinary Technician (Former Employee), McKinney, TXAugust 17, 2014
the doctors here are great, sadly its a corporate owned clinic and the doctors hands seemed to be tied on a lot of what they are allowed to do.
Wonderful job, facility was amazing!
CVA I and Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), McKinney, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: wonderful team members
Cons: position ended and moved to india.
Duties included creating, negotiating, and maintaining service contracts for our Hewlett Packard’s corporate clients. Most work was performed using SAP and MS Office. Using resources, it was my responsibility to manage service warranties and provide technical support end to end for our corporate clients using HP hardware and software equipment. Daily – more... activities included Quoting services, managing multiple accounts, booking purchase orders, handling escalations with invoicing and contractual errors, troubleshooting hardware and amending contracts, and providing excellent customer service. As a self-managed position I was responsible for overcoming obstacles and excelling in problem solving and critical thinking scenarios to help build and maintain a growing business with my clients. Being the main source of contact for my clients, it was my duty to represent HP by providing first contact resolution.
 Frequent Data entry, basic math, and filing both manual and electronic. Can type 70+ WPM with 98% accuracy. Very proficient with computers, using software such as SAP, MS Office 2003/2007, Windows 2000/XP/Vista; previously certified in MS Word and Excel. I work very well within an office environment and excel in critical thinking positions
Also trained to follow Sarbanes Oxley Compliance (SOX) as well as being ISO: 9001 certified and compliant. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Banfield Pet Hospital

Partnership. Teamwork. Collaboration. Back in 1955, Banfield Pet Hospital was founded on a vision to make human-quality medicine – Read more

Banfield Pet Hospital Photos