Banfield Pet Hospital

Banfield Pet Hospital Employer Reviews

Fun family like work place
Registered Veterinary Technician (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Very busy office allowed me to learn how to prioritize my work load.
Enjoyed almost all the time I have been working for Banfield.
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: usually good work environment.
Cons: money
I love working with animals and Banfield gave me that chance.
A regular day at work can be overwhelming sometimes but it is worth it.
Stay away!!!
Hospital Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Cons: everything
New grads in a hospital by themselves is BAD medicine!!! It's more like selling cars than helping people and pets.
n/a
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2015
n/a horrible place to work no growth did not care about employees at all
vet tec
tec assistant (Former Employee), manassas vaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: personal pet coverage
Cons: be prepared to be treated disposable
I would take my pet there because they do good work and its cheap compared to other hospitals, but I wouldn't work there again.
Fun work place and fun environment
Client service coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2015
I provided great customer service, while tending to animals and their owners. I learned to operate the computer system which I had to under go extensive training. I had great co-workers and I enjoyed the people I got to meet daily along with awesome pets. The hardest part of my job was when it was busy and I was in the clinic by myself for a while until my next co-worker came back from lunch.
Rewarding and stressfull!
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work starts pretty early. As a nurse I get all machines up and running and ready to run lab work. Collect all samples (blood//fecal//urine) and test//enter all lab results.
I help prepare patients for surgery. Assist doctors with exams. File and fill prescription refill requests. Record medical notes. Help with patient scheduling, and processing transactions. Stock orders as they are received, and all this in one day.
Being an animal nurse is the most rewarding job I have, next to being a mom. Just as equally difficult as well. Each come with there own set of challenges to face each and every day. There is no hard part to my job. Each day I am given new opportunities to strengthen my weaknesses, and were I am strong, help others around me.
I work for a very dedicated group of individuals, and am honored to have them as part of my work family. :)
An amazing place to work with amazing people
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 20, 2015
I started in Veterinary industry June of 2013 as a Kennel Assistant, and have since then been given the opportunity to learn about being a Veterinary Assistant and working with the hospital to care for sick and healthy pets. I am currently one of two surgery Veterinary Assistants at my current hospital. I love every aspect of it. I work at a busy hospital, that sees on average 35 pets a day per doctor.
Intense and stressful work environment with unreasonable expectations
Vet ast (Current Employee), hagerstown, MDJanuary 16, 2015
My days are so full and stressful that I am unable to recall what I have done or accomplished by the end of my shift.
Great experience, management was lacking.
Lead Veterinary Technician (Former Employee), Fairless Hills, PAJanuary 12, 2015
When I began working there the hospital was fully staffed, one by one everyone left (CSCs, doctors, practice manager, nurses). Within months we were down to relief doctors and two nurses (including myself). We were up to the task, but had contacted our district manager many times to let him know we needed help. It was very difficult at times seeing 40 pets a day with three staff members. The district manager directly told us he did not care because we were still making sales plan and having to pay out very little money to employees (he no longer works for the company). At one point we were working 65-75 hours a week. The relief doctors wrote multiple emails to the district and regional managers to no avail.

Overall it taught me a lot about hard work, but in a billion dollar company, that should never happen.
Veterinary Technician
Lead Veterinary Technician (Former Employee), Mesa, AZ to Taylorsville UtJanuary 10, 2015
Daily procedures of getting patients ready for surgery, including IV catheter's and blood work analysis. prepping them with medication for sedations, assisting in surgery and caring for the pet post-op.
Get medications ready for each of my patients and discharge information to send home
Good place
Pet Care Assistant (Former Employee), ColoradoJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: off by 7pm
Cons: long days
Just wasn't what I wanted to do I discovered.
I answered phones and helped out other ways too.
It's corporate owned.
fun and enjoyable
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: growth of knowledge
Cons: weekend and hours
fun and enjoyable company, room for growth - licensed and registered doctors. good training
Learning environment and work with people i call friends
Veterinary Assistant (VA) (Former Employee), new yorkJanuary 8, 2015
I got to work with animals. Colleagues were always willing to assist each other. Ive learn good quantity in regards to veterinary medicine. Hardest part of my job was when pets would arrive to clinic ill or had to be euthanize.
Stressful but rewarding
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee), Mokena, ILDecember 23, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, occasional free food
Cons: corporate minded, money focused, bad management at all levels
I love working with animals and really enjoy the educational side of the Banfield Pet Hospitals. I like working along side both new and experience doctors to gain a lot of useful knowledge in regards to treating pets and becoming familiar with common ailments. I like working a 12 hour shift for the most part and I am happy that Banfield can be flexible when scheduling nurses around our scheduled days off.
The down side to Banfield, however, is that the corporate mind set behind the company really stresses money over the quality of medicine. Doctors are expected to generate a certain dollar amount per day regardless of the kind of appointments scheduled. I don't feel like the company's interested are in the pets but more how much they can make their owners spend on any given visit.
Nothing but a money market
vet assistant (Current Employee), HooverDecember 18, 2014
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: very poor management
If you want to work a place that has very poor management,then this is a place for you. Full of empty promises and bi-polar attitudes. A chief of staff that leaves things undone,another vet that will turn and bite your face off if under pressure and a practice manager that gets her thrills of coming into work merely just to see one specific manager that works at petsmart who, which by the way is so involved in what he's doing that she will mess up schedules,mess up ordering and wear revealing clothing. Who works in a vet clinic and wears very short skirts and wears 6 inch heels?? Yes,I have learned some traits while here but most is micro - management skills. The only thing they care about are numbers and getting pets into the door.
Fun, fast paced work environment
Veterinary Assistant Externship (Current Employee), East Mesa, AZDecember 16, 2014
Pros: continued education
Cons: disorganization of staff
I learned a lot during my time with Banfield. All of my current skills have been learned from Banfield and school. I did not care for the way management was running the clinic, which is why I am pursuing employment elsewhere.
Working with pets and and their owners is fullfilling and enjoyable.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Lexington, SCDecember 16, 2014
Banfield cares about their employees, has excellent benefits and supports employees in succeeding at work and in life in general.
Great place for a changing work environment. Great team atmosphere!
Practice Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NHDecember 15, 2014
Amazing company! Great benefits.
It is unfortunate that the culture and brand is outstanding, but upper management will allow field directors to make poor decisions that lets dedicated associates go. I myself have witnessed 2 top managers be released without any previous reprimands. To think of all the money spent to fly these managers out to Portland OR, Phoenix AZ, and to numerous hotels for training and certifications to cut them for not so serious issues? It is unfortunate because there are leaders that look over practice managers and field directosr who truly care about the vision of the company!
Fast-paced environment
Practice Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCDecember 15, 2014
Banfield provides a high level of education for associates, providing you with the opportunity to learn and grow. The practice focuses on preventive care, ensuring that the clients are properly educated in the best care for their pets. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping and seeing your patients recover and enjoy a happy, healthy life.

1 2 3 4 5

About Banfield Pet Hospital

Partnership. Teamwork. Collaboration. Back in 1955, Banfield Pet Hospital was founded on a vision to make human-quality medicine – Read more

Banfield Pet Hospital Photos