Banfield Pet Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Site to Extern ar
Externship (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 7, 2017
This hospital has a wonderful staff and the Doctors are very nice as well. I love the way the hospital was run and how the other techs treated the clients.
Great learning place
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 7, 2017
The corporate setting wasn't great.
Medical and dental was nice to have. And you acquire PTO pretty quickly. Wasn't' too awful to work here. You can learn a lot if they let you.
great
Veterinarian assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 5, 2017
typical day of work can be stressful but also fun. Everyone is friendly, even the doctors. Manager is great. Hardest part is the stress that comes sometimes from making sure nothing goes wrong in procedures. Best part is seeing all the cute pets.
Care of Pets
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lilburn, GAJune 5, 2017
Work with clients to make sure their pets are happy and healthy. Educate the clients on preventative care. Learn about new treatments to help prevent illness.
Productive, exciting, and fun work place
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 5, 2017
Working for this company taught me about life in general. Helping sick patients and giving comfort to grieving parents was a great experience. The management is great very understanding and are willing to work with your schedule.
Nothing but numbers for corporate
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDJune 4, 2017
I would not recommend this job for anyone who is looking to expand or even have an opinion at work. This particular location only wants to please coperate; not caring for the employees.
Pros
the friend you make at work
Cons
management, no such thing as your opinions, coperate
Great People helping Pets
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCJune 4, 2017
Banfield is a very rewarding place to work. We have a great Team and Great Clients! We are able to partner with our clients to provide great care for the life of their pet!
worst place to work
Veterinary assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 3, 2017
I never liked banfield, I always thought they were more in it for the money. If we didn't get enough people to sign up for wellness plans we would get written up for it.
great for starting in the veterinary field
Veterinary Assistant/Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2017
Great place to begin a career. Very hard to advance in leadership roles and raises are a joke no matter how many years you have been with the company. A typical work day is very busy (depending on the hospital) and sometimes you are over worked, wearing multiple hats and feeling rushed , under appreciated and under paid. Management is great and work with you.
Cookie cutter
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 31, 2017
If you want thrive and repetition, this is it for you. It was fast-paced but their focus on preventative medicine make it very repetitive. But they have very good benefits and a fairly consistent schedule that makes planing life easy
Poor working environment
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTMay 31, 2017
During my short time as a Banfield employee I came to the conclusion that this veterinary chain cares more about making money then about helping the patients. It was always a competition for who could sell the most packages and make the most money from the patients rather than who was doing the best job to care for the pets and their owners. They completely over charge for all of their services and I would not recommend Banfield as a place to work or a place to bring your animals to the vet.
good opportunities to learn the job
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 31, 2017
long hours, underpaid for the hours, un-experienced management, doctors showed no respect to staff, hardest part was dealing with coworkers, boss and the clients that seemed to be very uneducated majority of the time.
Pros
your get an hour lunch
Cons
mangement, respect toward one another
Good First Veterinary Job
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 31, 2017
I have worked for the company for 7+ years. Left job for a position in my education field, but was able to come back and be re-hired. Came as a client and was offered option to fill out application. On the job training at my time of hire. Work well with school schedule.
Poor work atmosphere
Client Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 30, 2017
Management problems, and the hardest part of the job was the fighting and rude behavior among the employees. Loved working with clients,patients, and helping animals.
Pros
working with animals
great place to work
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAMay 29, 2017
my daily task consists of caring for sick and injured animals, assisting in surgery and writing up medical notes for the doctor. The Doctor I worked with during my employment was fantastic he really cared about his staff and the animals. I loved everything about my job with Banfield.
Pros
great company, great boss
Cons
no room for advancement
workplace was inviting and the employers loved what they did
Client service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLMay 29, 2017
Overall, I'd say that Banfield Pet Hospital was a corporation with a patient for animals. From the mission statement to the mindset of the employeess,,, this corporation and its management care about their employees and ultimately want to build a culture in which the pet owners that come in for services can feel.
Pros
awards
Cons
poor health insurance
I loved it
LLCC VETERINARY ASSISTANT PROGRAM (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 28, 2017
I was just an intern it is what I went to school for so of course I loved it. The people were great and helping animals was amazing. The only downside was they are not open a lot of hours.
Overworked and Underappreciated
Vet Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
I worked at Banfield for 3 years as a Vet Tech. The people I worked with made it fun and I loved my job but not Banfield. There is NO family/life and work balance here. All Banfield cared about was how many wellness plan sign ups we got and our numbers. In fact they were so concerned about our numbers they would book appointments during our lunch hour even though our morning was booked with surgerys and drops offs. I barely got a lunch break and worked my button off everyday. We were one of the leading Banfields in our area, and they never thanked us they would say well we can always do better. I was never thanked for the hardwork that I put in everyday. There were weeks where I had to work overtime. I never missed a day of work because we were so short staffed because they didn't want to put the money out to hire someone else. When I finally gave my 2 weeks noticed I never got a thank you and the company and bosses never gave me a goodbye. I didn't even get an exit interview as to why I was leaving. They were just angry they had to find someone else and train them.
Pros
Cons
Working holidays, long days, corporate
new employees never get good shifts
Veterinary nurse (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 26, 2017
Management is terrible and they play favorites. Make you commute on your days off for staff meetings at managers house, very inconvenient. Treated like sheep to " sell their pet plans" - if you dont sell enough per month you get yelled at a immediately demoted. Treated unfairly, was promised a full time position only to watch it be given to someone else. Closed every single shift I worked
High paced, learning environment
Director of Pet Nursing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2017
I loved the fact that I got to work with so many different animals and their families. I was always great to know that you helped a pet and their family so that they could continue the loving relationship they had.
One of my favorite things about the animal hospital is that every single day there was something new to learn, and there wasn't a lot of time that we weren't busy.
Pros
Great people, and team support, Learning daily, fun, energetic job
Cons
having to put animals to sleep

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banfield Pet Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9