Banfield Pet Hospital Employee Reviews

Banfield has gone down hill for associates at the Rockville Location
Client Service Coordinator &Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 28, 2016
Plannign home life or vacations is very difficult to plan and organize due to favoritism in with in the shift schdeule. Management is very scatered and makes it diffictult to disscuss issues or personal issues with pracice manager. Favoritsem is a very large obsticle and only if you are best friends with the Practice mananger will you be allowed to take days off that are necessay for you to take off. Sometimes schduelding is fair, but it is rare and it has a become a stressfull work enviornent when it should not need be. More than likely you will be over worked even if you are one of the best and very valuable technicians there at work very hard to satisfy clients and doctors.
Pros
One weekend day off, if that.
Cons
short to no luch breaks after a 10 - 12 hour shift

Comment – December 24, 2016

We appreciate your feedback as we're always looking for ways to improve our practice and associate experience. Associate well-being is important to us and if you haven't already, we encourage you to communicate with your local field leadership or our Associate Relations team corporate regarding your concerns. We appreciate your commitment to the practice. Thank you for being part of our team!

Fast Paced Enviroment and get to work with animals
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 28, 2016
Everyone is very nice and welcoming. I was able to learn most of the skills needed within a short amount of time. Training was in depth. . Very busy days but rewarding in the end.
Pros
Will pay for schooling
Cons
high patient volume

Comment – December 24, 2016

Thank you for taking some time to share your perspective about working at Banfield. We appreciate all that you do for our clients and their pets!

It's Okay
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXOctober 25, 2016
Certain people at this location create unnecessary stress and the work schedule is a mess. The cooperate business mindset and caring for animals do not work well together.
Pros
Benefits for your pets
Cons
High stress environment
great company
Pet Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 25, 2016
worked at banfield for several years. the job is very relieable and flexible. doctors always knows what they are doing and places are always up to date and clean. this was the cleanest place ive worked in.

Comment – December 24, 2016

Thank you for sharing your review. We wish you success in your future endeavors.

Fair place to work
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 18, 2016
Worked with them for 18 years and they treated me as another disposable employee . Was terminated with no warnings and no reason . I had dedicated my entire career to the company for them to treat me like that .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor quality
Good place
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2016
A lot of people come and go. It's a good place to start, pay is okay but definitely not for all that you do, pets are important but the corporation keeps close eyes on vets and they must meet a certain amount per day. It can be stressful when you have to help them reach their production, vets are overworked because they cant say no to walkings.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Work all weekends, ppl call in sick often, late hours
Great Company to work for!
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 5, 2016
A typical day at Banfield Pet Hospital is very busy. A lot of 'kids' coming to see us. Multiple phone lines ringing, several doctors to schedule for. Compassion, empathy and client care are of utmost importance. The management at my particular hospital was great. Very much a team atmosphere. Management is a crucial part of personal and professional growth, they care about the employees and their futures. My favorite part of the job was the relationships I developed with both pet and owner. The least pleasant part of the job involved euthanasia of beloved family members.
Pros
Benefits, great team, advancement
Cons
Loosing pets

Comment – December 24, 2016

Your kind review is very much appreciated! Thank you for all you have done for our practice, our clients and their pets. We wish you all the best!

Fast Food Medicine
Client Service Coordinator & Vet Assistant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 5, 2016
Banfield's para-professional staff and the doctors they hire are fantastic individuals to work with. However, the managers and market leadership are so business driven that the quality of medicine suffers because the doctors are overworked to the point where they often suffer emotional breakdowns at work. I've seen multiple doctors cry on a regular basis at the hospital because of the extreme stress and the turn-over rate is ridiculously high. When these issues were brought to field leadership, there was little to no intervention or support from them. Banfield is essentially fast food medicine: they want to get as many pets seen and generate as much revenue as is possible regardless of the needs and well-being of the hospital staff.
Pros
Discounted wellness plans for associates
Cons
High turnover, little to no support from upper management, little opportunities for growth

Comment – December 24, 2016

Thank you for your review. We are continuously striving to provide the highest quality medicine, boost associate engagement and the well-being of all of our associates, and your review helps us in our efforts. We have dedicated teams at our corporate headquarters that place support in each of those categories. It is unfortunate to read that you did not feel supported by your field leadership and that you didn't feel that your voices were heard. We appreciate your feedback.

-- Banfield Team

Love the Pets! The people...?
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 4, 2016
My time at Banfield Pet Hospital has been, overall, a positive experience. Working here has given me an awesome opportunity to interact with all sorts of pets and those interactions have been very positive. The particular Banfield I work at has a wonderful feeling of being around family, for the most part.
Pros
Wellness Plans for your pets, hour lunches
Cons
Your fellow employees love to not listen to what you have to say and if you're male, prepare to be ignored unless there's a heavy dog to move or restrain.

Comment – December 24, 2016

Thank you for your kind review and all that you do for our clients and their pets!

Manage and supervise Veterinary Assistants in their daily functions
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 3, 2016
• Manage, direct and assist other Veterinary Assistants with the flow of the day, daily tasks, care of patients and customer service issues in the role of Shift Expeditor
• Research patient history, current concerns and pertinent information that the Doctor relies on to provide quality care
• Interpret and meticulously record the diagnosis, prescriptions, descriptions and suggestions that the DVM conveys to clients during exams
• Greet and engage both the client and the patient in a friendly and professional manner while also getting a detailed description of any problems, questions or concerns from the client
• Obtain, set up, analyze, record and relay results of biological samples

Want to know more about Banfield Pet Hospital?

Ask a question
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Darien, ILOctober 2, 2016
Good place to start - they pay for CVT certification. Hours can be problematic but if you are willing to travel a bit they can help out a lot. Focus is on medicine vs making money
Pros
Long breaks, good educational experience
Cons
Inconsistent hours, low raises
fast paced work environment
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 27, 2016
Very corporate job that focuses a lot on its numbers. New things every day. Learned veterinary technician skills and medical terminology and notating
Pros
benefits, PTO

Comment – December 24, 2016

Your review is appreciated! Everyday is an opportunity to learn new things and we're thankful for all you do for our practice, our clients and their pets.

Wonderful place to learn
Veterinarian Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 27, 2016
I loved my team. Great doctors, great staff. If you show passion and a drive to learn you will fit right in. My typical day started with surgery prep and getting all of our in house animals settled in and vitals taken. Rooms started around 8. And then a pretty fast paced flow took over the day. Don't be discouraged by all the things you need to learn and to know. With time it will come.
Pros
staff, benefits, pay is decent
Cons
management, the numbers game, work/life balance

Comment – December 24, 2016

Thank you for your review and perspective.

Consistent place to work
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 26, 2016
Great place to start when getting into the veterinary field. Friendly coworkers and good team work. The company does care about the people and about quality medicine.
Pros
Discounts, great medical benefits, 401K, PTO, Holiday hours
Cons
Poor work life environment, sales pressure

Customer Serivce Coordinator
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 22, 2016
I would check in the pet patients and cross sell products and services to the pet parents. I would sterilize the procedure rooms after the pet patients would leave. I also took payments and made appointments.
productive and fun staff
VETERINARY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CASeptember 20, 2016
always busy
Learned how to multitask
managers always try to help you with scheduling
co-workers are friendly and helpful
it gets super busy absolutely important how to time manage everything and multitask
clients seem very satisfied with staff
Pros
Lunch is an hour long
Cons
all about selling plans

Comment – December 24, 2016

Thank you for posting about your Banfield experience! We appreciate your taking the time to write. All the best with your future endeavors.

A fun place to work!!!
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 18, 2016
Working with Banfield is truly a fun place to be. Doesn't feel like work if you're having fun! The cute puppies and sweet pets are the best. We work as a team and bring the best out of each other. Banfield Associates TRULY CARE.# Mcdonough, GA location
Pros
loving/caring environment
Cons
too many "bosses"

Comment – December 24, 2016

Thank you for your kind review! We value feedback such as yours.

-- Banfield Team

Dont get sick dont expect to be trained well
Customer service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 13, 2016
3 non stop ringing phone lines, lines of people neverending, yoou are expected to know everything with no training job procedures changing daily with no notice. Then they write you up for doing something wrong. miserable. better have documentation if you get sick and pray to god they even look at it. DO NOT TAKE CSC if you want vet assistant. You will never leave this position. I promise you.
Favor showed to specific coworkers who are allowed to break rules others get written up over. You get written up? 6 months before they let you even considering having full time hours. Dont ask for more training or raise a concern about your knowledge or they will lie to you for two weeks, have you work a twelve hour shift and fire you.
Pros
Animals, One hour lunch, Wages.
Cons
No training, Poor communication, Clicky team of people, No praise, Expectations amd procedures change with no notice at all then they write u up for doing it wrong, Lazy staff, Estimates never completed, Chaos.
Get place to intern
Internship RVT (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 12, 2016
Banfield is a great learning hospital. The staff is knowledgable and always gear to help you with something. The clients seem to be receptive to students being in the practice and like that fact that the students are so involved in the processes with their pet.
Great entry level job
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2016
Banfield is a great company to get your foot in the door, whether it's for front dest, vet assistant/tech, or practice manager. It's solely preventative care so little to no emergencies and clients are highly encouraged to sign up on the wellness plans. Depending on what location you work at depends if they just care about making numbers or actually providing great care for tge pets.
Pros
401k, Health, Dental, flexible schedule, raises every year, animals, hour lunches
Cons
High turn over rate, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banfield Pet Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8