Bangor Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Loan Services
Consumer Loan Servicing Specialist I, II (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 29, 2017
Work on the all the different loans in the banks portfolio. I have learned how to multitask in a fast paced environment. This job has been a great intro into my professional career.
Summer Float Teller (Former Employee) –  Bucksport, MEAugust 18, 2017
My Co-workers were fun and helpful an always willing to teach me new things daily. I was well informed on products and services so that I could inform customers about them. I absolutely loved working here. It's voted one of the best places to work in Maine and I can definitely tell why!
Pros
Good Hours, Paid time off, Friendly co-workers
Overall great company
Account Officer (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 15, 2017
Bangor Savings Bank is a wonderful employer. Unfortunately, the department I worked in was very unorganized and had poor management. Otherwise, the job was wonderful.
Pros
I learned a lot about investments and trust management
Cons
Poor management and unorganized systems
Good company, bad manager
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 27, 2017
Bangor Savings Bank treats their employees very well as far as compensation and benefits. They care about who is working for them. However, the branch manager I worked under did not help at all, she always passed work off to other people, she never took initiative to fix any problems, and lied to the employees a lot. If it weren't for this manager, I would definitely still work there!
One of the best places to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 23, 2016
Bangor Savings is an ideal place to work. I have yet to find something I don't like about it. The people I have met throughout the company, have all been wonderful. Bangor Savings cares about all of their employees.
Pros
Pay, work/life balance, benefits
Poor Hiring Structure
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 13, 2016
This company uses a 3rd party screening software to hire candidates. This explains why they just cant seem to find the right people for the job. They have the same jobs advertised over, and over, and over. Even if your qualified if you dont use the exact words the screening software is looking for. Good Luck! Nice to work if you can get it! And by the way dont be over 25
Pros
Co-Workers, Pay
Cons
Human Resources-Recruiting-Screening
Great people to work with
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 12, 2016
a typical work day was relaxed and not very busy (at least at the particular branch I worked at). It varied from branch-to-branch. I learned about being able to multi-task under pressure. My manager wasn't very personal with me. It was clear my manager favored some employees over others. My co-workers were very easy to get along with. We enjoyed working together. The hardest part of the job was not knowing if you made mistakes until the following monthly report. It put me on edge not knowing if I did something wrong until a month later, by then it was almost too late to fix or learn from. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with and the customers I got to know.
A very nice company, with room for advancment
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Unity, MEAugust 29, 2016
A 9-5, with a very nice work/ life balance. A very corporate business, that acts as a family. Not enough flexibility to be a full time student. Amazing benefits, and room for advancement over a period of time.
Pros
Hours
Cons
School/ work ratio is not great.
Productive, fun enviroment, great place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MEMarch 31, 2016
Work at the bank was fantastic, and I loved every second of being there. Management was friendly and warm, my coworkers were lovely and helpful, and the environment was clean, and the work itself was something I could see myself doing for a long time.

Learned a lot about different programs, handling a large number of clients, knowledge of different products, and of course, customer service.
Worked all position in the mortgage department
CLOSING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 18, 2014
Reviewed real estate contract, construction loan agreements and appReviewed real estate contracts, construction loan agreements and appraisals.

Data entry of mortgage loans, underwrote and ordered appraisal, title and flood certifications.

Prepared and collected loan conditions. Scheduled closing and prepared the closing packages. Upon completion of closing preformed a post closing review.

Ordered, reviewed and approved construction loan disbursements on new construction.
Pros
Loved my position
Cons
Long and intense hours
Bangor Savings is one of the best places to work in the state of Maine
Deposits Operations Specialist I & II (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 14, 2014
In my experience Bangor Savings is one of the best places to work in Maine. The one thing I feel they could improve on is the management with their communications with the employees. The hardest part of the job is working with different levels of experience within our deposits team. The best part of my job is to do everything in my power to make the customer happy and the internal customers as happy too.
Pros
One hour lunch, Cafe inside the Tech center
Cons
Set up of the departments with computers and chairs
Great culture and balance of work/personal life for employees
Vice President, Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 29, 2014
Work load is usually manageable; management has town meetings to listen to concerns; most departments allow the voice of employees to be heard; co-workers are mostly team-oriented; hardest part of my job is to be heard by fellow co-workers in the department I work for; enjoyable part of my job is when a project or solution to an issue has been completed.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not the best heathcare benefits; use to be better
A professional institution with solid management.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Dover-Foxcroft, MEDecember 21, 2012
Schedules of part-time tellers are very irregular and demanding.

Very nice atmosphere and coworkers

Advice to Management – Try to make the part-time teller positions easier for people who need to also hold another part-time job elsewhere. More aggressively shuttle the best and the brightest into more demanding roles with the bank. Expand out of Maine - the business model is solid.
Pros
the atmosphere is professional and friendly, the people are good and hard working, management smart and thoughtful, great customer service is at the heart of bsb's mission
Cons
part-time tellers have difficult schedules that don't allow to seek other employment, additionally, top intellectual talent is not guided into more demanding roles
Teller
Teller I help customers (Current Employee) –  Unity, MEOctober 14, 2012
As a Teller I help customers with their daily financial transactions, and answer any questions they may have about their accounts. I handle monthly audits to ensure we are in compliance. I also go above and beyond on coming up with new team ideas to promote more sales. I meet my monthly referral goals, and I have been recognized on several occasions for a job well done.