Bank Midwest Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome coworkers, nice place to work for.
Teller I - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 7, 2016
Typical day at work helping customers, balancing, making sure everything gets encoded and scanned, have to do vault tickets, balance both my drawer and vault at the end of the day.
I've learned many things about banking, I've become a better teller, also learn to appreciate our clients and understand what they need and how I can help them to make they're experience with us better.
My co-workers are great people to work with we always help each other out in need of help it's always team work.
Hardest part of the job would be when there is very little we can do for a client depending on what the situation is, most enjoyable part would be watching customers leave satisfied knowing we helped them with what they needed.
Pros
Full hour lunches, nice supervisors
Cons
No days off, only half days.
I enjoyed working for this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJune 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company because I believed in the products we were selling. The products were everyday bank accounts including checking, savings, money market, CDs, credit cards, loans, etc. The employees were required to be tellers and customer service representatives. I was looking to advance in the company before I was offered a job with State Farm.
nice place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 25, 2016
Easy, nice place to work, friendly customers and friendly staff. But I need better compensation.
Hardest part of this job would be nothing, only when it was slow was my only complaint.
It is a nice place to work within the branches.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOApril 28, 2016
Personnel has always been gracious and there are a lot of good people working there. There was not much in pay raise unfortunately and if you are looking for overtime, this wasn't the company to do that for. Management was really nice and continue to be my friends today. I enjoyed helping customers and building a rapport with them.
Pros
Nice people and a set schedule.
Cons
The yearly pay raise was a joke. I hope it is better now.
Stable
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2016
I have worked for Bank Midwest for many years . We've been through a lot of change . A lot of responsibilities on a daily , everyone is very friendly to work around . Positive and upbeat .
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Pay raises are low
Great place to work, friendly group of people to work with.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMarch 25, 2016
loved the group of people I worked with. Customers were what gave me a job, i liked working with different people everyday and no two days were the same., Customers Inquiries, Large Cash Flow and Balancing, Customers Inquiries, Handling Customers
Pros
flexibility of schedule
Cons
na
Terrible company to work for!
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KSJanuary 22, 2016
I worked as a teller supervisor at Bank Midwest for three months. After a month and a half I was frantically sending out resumes and combing the internet for ANY other job opportunity. This company is trying desperately to make a bigger profit and because of that the quality of work life and the quality of customer service the employees are able to provide is suffering. Many of the accounts that encouraged people to go to a smaller bank had been "upgraded" by the time I started working there and Bank Midwest didn't offer half of the perks that bigger banks do to justify either paying a monthly maintenance fee or keeping an outrageously high average monthly balance. Their interest rates were no where near competitive and to actually qualify for a loan you'd probably need to sacrifice your first born. The problem with that, besides the obvious, is that 90% of the tellers' job was to push these horrible accounts on everyone walking through the door. The sales goals were entirely unrealistic and the "moral support" given by management...let's just say two of the tellers working under me cried on multiple occasions. I know that while I was employed there at least six people from different branches walked out and multiple people at my location turned in their two weeks notice. The software they use is like something out of 1980 and a large amount of pressure falls on tellers to determine whether a customer's deposit is 'safe' to make. I'd worked in banking for years and I can verify that this is one of the lowest paying/high stress companies to work for.
Pros
There were some yummy resturants near my location.
Cons
Bad Pay, Horrible Management, Unrealistic Goals
flexible
Teller/ Teller II (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 16, 2015
flexible with those going to school. heavy on sales. always wants mortgage leads. this place is a good place to work, but wages are lower then other banks.
Reviewing co-workers work for accuracy.
Commercial Post Closing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 5, 2015
A typical day would be to review co-workers work for accuracy. Review errors with them and help coach. I was the supervisor of 13 great employees. The hardest part of my job was that it wasn't challenging. Enjoyed working side by side with my manager and group of employees.
Cons
Not a challenging job.
Daily work was the same everyday
Teller (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, MOSeptember 15, 2015
If you like doing the same thing everyday this is the job environment for you. It was very boring on slow days, and busy days could be stressful.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOFebruary 10, 2015
Personal Banker at Bank Midwest. Sell consumer/small business banking products and services to clients and prospects.
Achieve specific sales and service goals on a quarterly and annual basis
Great learning experience and relationships maintained
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 11, 2015
It was good experience and I got to speak Spanish and see how I would function in the workplace and see what I could do better in terms of communicating and bridging the language gap.
The Life of a Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 16, 2014
I learned a lot from being a bank teller. I learned how to read people. I learned how to handle customers under pressure. I also learned how to treat other employees. I had a variety of different managers and supervisors who all brought something new to the table. I learned that if you are not early you are late, which was a great lesson to learn!
I loved all my coworkers and they all loved me. I loved how hard my manager was on me because it showed me he knew i had the potential to do greater things.
The banking industry is very professional and very personal. These two things are what I enjoyed the most. Knowing that my client trusted me with their money was a great feeling and helped build great relationships. My least favorite part of the job was scanning the work at the end of the night. Overall I loved working in a bank setting, it has a lot of great benefits and perks.
Pros
benefits, every holiday off, professionalism
Cons
standing all day, scanning work
Loved my co-workers, Hated Corporate.
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Macon, MOAugust 27, 2014
I worked for this bank right after they switched owners and I have never been happy with the way the Kansas City area managers/upper management has handled situations in our small town branch. Every product and decision is always based off the KC area and they take no consideration about what might work best for the area that the banking centers are actually located. They are absolutely only concerned with meeting goals and making those numbers-not about providing good client services. 98% of your job requires you to refer products to clients to gain new business and make the company more money, even if that means pushing a product on a client that would be better off without it. It's very uncomfortable. Tellers, in my opinion, are held responsible for way too much as well and they take the biggest risks and the biggest falls.
Pros
enjoyable staff, good hours
Cons
corporate based company, employees aren't treated as important
Stable place to work
Teller I I I (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2014
very busy branch & I enjoy my customers. the location that I work at is close to my home.
Pros
close to the legends outlet
Cons
heavy cash handling
Enjoyed the "new and growing" atmosphere.
Commercial Post-closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 19, 2014
I worked here when things were constantly changing as new owners were changing processes and the overall image. The work was challenging and I felt my opinion was considered in ways to make things better.
Horrible
Teller Supervisor/Mobile Banker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 18, 2014
Before BMW took over was a great place people cared about staff, after nothing was more important than pushing out former Hillcrest employees and making that dollar. Always had to push some type of sale on customers whether it was needed or not. Not my idea of good customer service.
Pros
vacation and sick time
Cons
not able to advance, if not former bmw employee you were considered a weak link and pushed out, (regional manager told their banking center manager's to do that)
Fun place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 11, 2014
Achieving and passing sales goals. Quarterly incentives.
Great staff and wage-earning work
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOMay 20, 2014
Friendly staff, continuously busy, mood is always light but staff if always alert. I have learned work scanning, data entry, cash balancing, debit card ordering, check ordering, inventory count, inventory organization, vault balancing, money orders, cashiers checks, cash advancements, CTR filings, hold placements, fraud suspicion, client services, client satisfaction, and much more. The hardest part of the job was learning to form sentences structured on client satisfaction while keeping procedures on a need-to-know basis only and meeting referral requirements (Excelsior Springs is a small town)
Pros
consistent schedule, teamwork oriented staff
Cons
communication from other departments
was a very uncomfortable working environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 12, 2013
I would not recommend working for a company that pushes you in to lying to the public to get their business.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Midwest. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9