Bank Midwest Employee Reviews

A Decent Job With A Great Work Family
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 16, 2017
Started this job a few months ago. I had never been a teller previously but they gave extensive training until I felt ready to handle it on my own. There is constant support if you seek it out to try and improve your personal sales skills while also promoting teamwork.
Pros
Relaxed Environment, Great Support System
Cons
Low Pay
great employee's, the management wasn't good
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 1, 2017
I was a lead teller for 2 years did my job very well but whenever something went wrong the main managers just blame you when they just sat at there desks and didn't do anything. maybe if they helped every once in a while their employees succeed employees could grow and strive in the company.
Simple day
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOMarch 15, 2017
Handled customer transactions, balanced company drawers, helped clients with any financial questions they may have had. Hardest part of the job was how hectic it got on Fridays.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Management didn't care about you, or the customers.
I very much liked working here but this was a temporary job and it ended
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 21, 2016
The people I worked with was very helpful and I loved being there. I was trained well but again this was a temp job and ended.
Pros
well trained and the work enviroment was grea
Cons
Parking downtown was not good
Excellent room to advance!
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 5, 2016
Wonderful co-workers, excellent insurance, my boss was the BEST!
I love this company. Sure, it is a small bank, but it is a wonderful place to work and bank at.
Pros
Good people, excellent locations, and great benefits.
Cons
It's all in the eye of the beholder.
Great Co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 28, 2016
It was a great place to learn the banking industry. I worked with a lot of great people which most of them I still keep in contact with them. Overall it was a great experience
Awesome coworkers, nice place to work for.
Teller I - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 7, 2016
Typical day at work helping customers, balancing, making sure everything gets encoded and scanned, have to do vault tickets, balance both my drawer and vault at the end of the day.
I've learned many things about banking, I've become a better teller, also learn to appreciate our clients and understand what they need and how I can help them to make they're experience with us better.
My co-workers are great people to work with we always help each other out in need of help it's always team work.
Hardest part of the job would be when there is very little we can do for a client depending on what the situation is, most enjoyable part would be watching customers leave satisfied knowing we helped them with what they needed.
Pros
Full hour lunches, nice supervisors
Cons
No days off, only half days.
I enjoyed working for this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJune 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company because I believed in the products we were selling. The products were everyday bank accounts including checking, savings, money market, CDs, credit cards, loans, etc. The employees were required to be tellers and customer service representatives. I was looking to advance in the company before I was offered a job with State Farm.
low budget
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 14, 2016
customer complaints, with no option to satisfy clients complaints after receiving them, this bank is really all about the money. terrible customer service.
It is a nice place to work within the branches.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOApril 28, 2016
Personnel has always been gracious and there are a lot of good people working there. There was not much in pay raise unfortunately and if you are looking for overtime, this wasn't the company to do that for. Management was really nice and continue to be my friends today. I enjoyed helping customers and building a rapport with them.
Pros
Nice people and a set schedule.
Cons
The yearly pay raise was a joke. I hope it is better now.
Good salary and benefits
Loan Operations Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 14, 2016
learned a lot, enjoyed the people. Received lots of training opportunities for advancement. The salary range made the job more attractive to stay.
Great place to work, friendly group of people to work with.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMarch 25, 2016
loved the group of people I worked with. Customers were what gave me a job, i liked working with different people everyday and no two days were the same., Customers Inquiries, Large Cash Flow and Balancing, Customers Inquiries, Handling Customers
Pros
flexibility of schedule
Cons
na
nice place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 25, 2016
Easy, nice place to work, friendly customers and friendly staff. But I need better compensation.
Hardest part of this job would be nothing, only when it was slow was my only complaint.
Stable
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2016
I have worked for Bank Midwest for many years . We've been through a lot of change . A lot of responsibilities on a daily , everyone is very friendly to work around . Positive and upbeat .
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Pay raises are low
Reviewing co-workers work for accuracy.
Commercial Post Closing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 5, 2015
A typical day would be to review co-workers work for accuracy. Review errors with them and help coach. I was the supervisor of 13 great employees. The hardest part of my job was that it wasn't challenging. Enjoyed working side by side with my manager and group of employees.
Cons
Not a challenging job.
Horrible
Teller Supervisor/Mobile Banker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 18, 2014
Before BMW took over was a great place people cared about staff, after nothing was more important than pushing out former Hillcrest employees and making that dollar. Always had to push some type of sale on customers whether it was needed or not. Not my idea of good customer service.
Pros
vacation and sick time
Cons
Not able to advance, if not former BMW employee you were considered a weak link and pushed out, (regional manager told their banking center manager's to do that)
Great staff and wage-earning work
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOMay 20, 2014
Friendly staff, continuously busy, mood is always light but staff if always alert. I have learned work scanning, data entry, cash balancing, debit card ordering, check ordering, inventory count, inventory organization, vault balancing, money orders, cashiers checks, cash advancements, CTR filings, hold placements, fraud suspicion, client services, client satisfaction, and much more. The hardest part of the job was learning to form sentences structured on client satisfaction while keeping procedures on a need-to-know basis only and meeting referral requirements (Excelsior Springs is a small town)
Pros
Consistent schedule, teamwork oriented staff
Cons
communication from other departments
Lacking experience in rural branch growth opportunities.
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MOSeptember 4, 2012
Bank Midwest was going through rough times while I worked there. They were bought out by NBH Holding Company. I am very stimulated by growth in sales. Being in an environment that was under that type of crisis was hard. Having the right employees in place is key for growth. I have met members of the new Holding Company at a Manager's Meeting, and I do feel that they will be very successful.
Pros
large bank with lots of opportunity
Cons
team players, knowledge in management
Bank Midwest
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMay 1, 2013
A typical day at the location I am currently working at is very slow as far as traffic. We are surrounded by multiple banks in a small area. Working their has taught me to get creative to reach my goals and help me better my leadership role. The hardest part of the job is the re-ocurring customers and trying to make sales to them. They tend to get tired of us asking. Myself and my co-workers work well together and try to make the environment fun while we get our job done.
Pros
Fun environment and we all get along very well.
Cons
Hard to advance.
flexible
Teller/ Teller II (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 16, 2015
flexible with those going to school. heavy on sales. always wants mortgage leads. this place is a good place to work, but wages are lower then other banks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Midwest. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8