Bank Midwest Employee Reviews

Poor Management.
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSNovember 6, 2017
Change the management and as a result the culture will change for the better. Treat your employees with dignity and respect and more people will stay within your company.
Balance
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 28, 2017
They work with scheduling time off. It was an easy work flow. Managers relied on the tellers to make there folders. The workplace was very clean. When you worked on saturday you would have one day off during the week
Pros
convenient to home
Cons
under pay
Basic Work Life
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 19, 2017
Design application. Complete tasks on weekly basics. learned new development techniques. Good environment to work. Difficult to manage the job life to work. Heavy work life.
Great teamwork and fast paced work environment
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 3, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with the wonderful team and nice customers. Management was very supportive and polite, I have learned a lot from them all.
Pros
Free Lunches sometimes
Cons
Expensive health insurance
Productive and fun work place
Non-Post Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 29, 2017
I only worked here for 3 months but enjoyed my time while I was there. My manager was supportive and let me work independently to get my work done.

I learned a lot about banking operations.
Pros
Salary, Work/Life Balance
Cons
N/a
If you like to do a job without getting paid for it
Teller Coach / Teller II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 19, 2017
Typical day at work was like any other job you get it done. I learned alot about the banking system and how it works, but I was doing a supervisors job, had codes to override tellers on their transactions, and helping them with their decisions on their daily work. I loved meeting new people and getting to know them and their backgroud.
Great
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOJune 4, 2017
Bank Midwest is a great place to work. The hours are flexible for those who are interested in attending college. The pay is great. The workplace culture is very relaxed.
High Turnover Rate
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 12, 2017
pay was below adequate and weird hours for a typical business shift. and the manager and supervisor have been changed recently again for the 3rd time.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 1, 2017
Working at Bank Midwest you learn a lot in a very short amount of time. It is challenging but it's worth it. The managers are very easy to work with and you meet great people.
Sales Orientated
Teller (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOMarch 21, 2017
Work is okay but they really push you to push sales. Management is just strange, not a normal management. Not a lot of advancement options. Always short staffed and because of that hours are never set.
Pros
Sundays off and great benefits
Cons
Pay and Hours
A Decent Job With A Great Work Family
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 16, 2017
Started this job a few months ago. I had never been a teller previously but they gave extensive training until I felt ready to handle it on my own. There is constant support if you seek it out to try and improve your personal sales skills while also promoting teamwork.
Pros
Relaxed Environment, Great Support System
Cons
Low Pay
Simple day
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOMarch 15, 2017
Handled customer transactions, balanced company drawers, helped clients with any financial questions they may have had. Hardest part of the job was how hectic it got on Fridays.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Management didn't care about you, or the customers.
great employee's, the management wasn't good
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 1, 2017
I was a lead teller for 2 years did my job very well but whenever something went wrong the main managers just blame you when they just sat at there desks and didn't do anything. maybe if they helped every once in a while their employees succeed employees could grow and strive in the company.
Great Co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 28, 2016
It was a great place to learn the banking industry. I worked with a lot of great people which most of them I still keep in contact with them. Overall it was a great experience
I very much liked working here but this was a temporary job and it ended
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 21, 2016
The people I worked with was very helpful and I loved being there. I was trained well but again this was a temp job and ended.
Pros
well trained and the work enviroment was grea
Cons
Parking downtown was not good
Excellent room to advance!
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 5, 2016
Wonderful co-workers, excellent insurance, my boss was the BEST!
I love this company. Sure, it is a small bank, but it is a wonderful place to work and bank at.
Pros
Good people, excellent locations, and great benefits.
Cons
It's all in the eye of the beholder.
low budget
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 14, 2016
customer complaints, with no option to satisfy clients complaints after receiving them, this bank is really all about the money. terrible customer service.
Good salary and benefits
Loan Operations Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 14, 2016
learned a lot, enjoyed the people. Received lots of training opportunities for advancement. The salary range made the job more attractive to stay.
Awesome coworkers, nice place to work for.
Teller I - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 7, 2016
Typical day at work helping customers, balancing, making sure everything gets encoded and scanned, have to do vault tickets, balance both my drawer and vault at the end of the day.
I've learned many things about banking, I've become a better teller, also learn to appreciate our clients and understand what they need and how I can help them to make they're experience with us better.
My co-workers are great people to work with we always help each other out in need of help it's always team work.
Hardest part of the job would be when there is very little we can do for a client depending on what the situation is, most enjoyable part would be watching customers leave satisfied knowing we helped them with what they needed.
Pros
Full hour lunches, nice supervisors
Cons
No days off, only half days.
I enjoyed working for this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJune 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company because I believed in the products we were selling. The products were everyday bank accounts including checking, savings, money market, CDs, credit cards, loans, etc. The employees were required to be tellers and customer service representatives. I was looking to advance in the company before I was offered a job with State Farm.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Midwest. Our community is ready to answer.