Bank of America Merchant Services

Bank of America Merchant Services Employee Reviews in United States

Lack of Direction
AVP Merchant Small Businness (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 26, 2016
Excessive Compensation Changes (5 in a 12 month period)
Average Commission Structure compared to Peers
Near impossible benchmarks to obtain goals to realize promised "potential earnings", as well as lacks providing a formula from a sales activity standpoint on how to achieve it.
Lack of Leadership from a Sales Organization standpoint
Management lacks skill set to lead
Company not willing to accept responsibility for repeated divisional failures
You actually don't work for BofA, you work for the Joint Venture of BofA and First Data. Your W-2 and Employment Verification comes from Alpha Staff - an outsourced HR Management company.
You do not share privileged access to client info to conduct your job as a normal Bank employee does.
Pros
You have a well known branch name on your business card
Cons
Caveat Emptor
Great place to work.
Assistant Vice President, Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAApril 18, 2016
Regional account representative. Met with new and existing business to develop payment solutions to facilitate credit card payments. Management and co-workers are great. This is a knowledge based industry that is constantly evolving Information is shared openly and willing throughout the organization.
Was a great company when it was owned solely by Bank of America, BAMS is a First Data company with First Data management and ideals
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAFebruary 7, 2016
Started with Bank of America in early 2000's then in 2010 company did Joint venture with First Data. At that point things began going downhill, advancement opportunities went away. Sr. management changed from helping and caring about customers to seeing how much they could milk them for. So far disconnected from what customer wants that I would not be shocked to hear about a company restructure in the next 5 years. I left willfully making while over $100k a year because I don't agree with products offerings and management direction.
Overall good experience
AVP (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 25, 2016
Overall I had a great working experience with BAMS. I believe like any sales role they have expectations of their employees but provide all the opportunity, with hard work, to be very successful.
Supportive management with career advancement opportunites.
Executive Response Team, Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking to various levels of business both internal and external. Definitely results orientated but also focuses on growing your personal strengths. All levels of leadership (including CEO) were accessible as they would often offer town hall meetings and interact with staff directly at corporate events.
Pros
Great career advancement for driven individuals
Cons
Crowded office space
great company
Regional Sales Coordinator (BAMS) (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLApril 29, 2016
Reviewing contract for merchants who needs new accounts. friendly environment. Work with spreadsheets for new account set up
Management is lacking which causes problems through work place
Advance Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 27, 2015
Management fails to make choices on work performance which hurts the company. You can be at work every day do twice as much work as coworker but won't acknowledge or get a raise. Management chooses who they would like for advancement which creates an unhappy work place since not off stats. This has caused the high turn over rate for the company.
Pros
Catered lunches three times a year
Cons
advancement is a myth and can only move to second level
Sales
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMay 27, 2016
Overall the company is great and all of the benefits are amazing. You need a lot of self motivation to be successful in this field.
No training very bad environment to work at especially in Management
VICE PRESIDENT / REGIONAL EXECUTIVE LEADER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2015
This is worst company I have ever work in my life it’s a very hostile environment. They promote people with no management experience to a Sr. Level position. I would never recommend any a friend or relative to go work this Organization.
Pros
Salary is ok
Cons
No freedom of speech, No growth for development
Productive and Challenging
Merchant Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2015
You meet with your banks and receive business leads daily.

You must manage your time wisely and stay productive.

The management is very very good and passionate about what they do.

Great helpful team that is enthusiastic to succeed.
Pros
Very very flexible job. Run as its your business.
Cons
Working with business owners that are indecisive and flaky.
Productive and fun workplace
Client Advocate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 24, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was when everyone work together to resolve an issue or escalations and in the end it was successful!! "Teamwork is what build a strong department and a company!"
Great Place to work
Business Consultant, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 5, 2015
must have great time management and self-discipline, because you do not see your boss daily.

also you must have a excellent relationship with your clients and banking center in order to be successful
productive work day
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 1, 2015
My work day was very productive and fun. I learned so much about myself working there, I truly enjoyed working there. My work day was very productive and fun. learned so much about myself working there, I truly enjoyed working there
Pros
great place to work
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyable place!
CDG Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with my coworkers as well as being able to work within the banking industry. The sales goal was based of off annual targeted revenue based off of a geographic targeted areas.
Pros
Enjoyed working with my coworkers
Cons
Traffic!
products and clients
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2015
BAMS was a great place for me to work with Bank partners and win additional business products with existing bank clients. BAMS gave me the opportunity to grow and become a very successfull sale rep. The training and technology was top of the line and are always on top of training the sales force. I was able to be self managed through the 5 years that I was employed and became top sales performer YOY, regardless of the 5 different managers that I had in the Chicago market.
Pros
great banking partners
Cons
high turnover in management.
Fast paced rewarding career.
COMMMERCIAL BUSINESS BANKING REP (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 21, 2015
I was part of the commercial client team of the banks merchant service division. I handled the high revenue accounts via phone and email, as it was a call center. I loved all of the volunteering I was able to take place it, I was able to advance quickly, great training. They set you up for success.
Cons
This department of the bank was bought out
Qa
Quality Assurance Operation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2015
My day would start of with running reports, looking for errors from the account boarding process, and writing procedures on a portal for anyone to view. I would attend meetings that had anything to associate with new changes, learn the change, test the change, then document the change on the portal. I learned how the Credit Card processing system works from merchant side and finally understand why some businesses charge an extra fee for using a debit/credit card for less than $5. Management and co-workers were like a team and we helped one another. In my department, we had a back-up partner, so that if one was out unexpectedly, the back-up partner was able to carry both tasks. The hardest part of my job was training the new changes. Some people grasp onto the new changes, others had a hard time comprehending. I enjoyed being a part of the testing crew team.
Pros
Pay, hours, knowledge
Cons
the company got bought out.
Great Place
Assistant Vice President Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2015
Bank Of America Merchant Services is a great company, however there are just too many departments over lapping cannibalizing each other and De-valuing the brand.
Pros
Great Work Life, Pay
Cons
Lose what you make on over-lapping departments cannibalizing your sales
Try to make it fun with many fun activities!
Client Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Liberty LakeSeptember 8, 2015
Most of the time it is hard to get help from above except the 2-3 people that you always turn to, and they are getting so burnt out.
Pros
Free lunches and activities
Cons
expensive healthcare
Great Earning potential. No job security
AVP Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 24, 2015
Work with assigned Banking Centers to increase Merchant Referrals and give presentations to submitted Referrals. Develop Referral Partners to bring business into the Banking Centers
Pros
Earning Potential
Cons
Micro Managed, Commission Changes with no notice

Bank of America Merchant Services Reviews by Location