Bank of America Merchant Services

Bank of America Merchant Services Employee Reviews

Fast paced and challenging
AVP Merchant Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Wii in the break area, contests with great prizes
Cons: Training period does not prepare you for the floor experience
A typical day in the office was sitting in your cubicle taking in bound calls to sell credit card processing to merchants throughout the nation. It is a casual environment where learning is an on the job experience. Your are surrounded by co-workers who will teach you skills to perfect your pricing rationale and give you tips on how to become successful when selling over the telephone. You must be a quick learner and dedication is key.

The most challenging part of this job is closing a sale without a face to face interaction. Once you have solidified the sale you are no longer a part of the delivery.

I truly enjoyed the casual environment and the ease of bouncing ideas off of co-workers right from my desk. We would pass a ball around discussing our last calls and what we could have done better, more of, or differently. It was a fantastic team environment.
Training is not what the job contains
Merchant Services (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLMay 11, 2015
Pros: Breaks, lunch and parties. Great Insurance
Cons: management does not know about working with the merchants
Training is about what the company does and how it is run. It has nothing to do when you get on the phone, working with merchants. They do not teach anything the merchants are calling about, billing, terminals, contracts, returns,exchanges.
Okay place to work
Independent Field Representative, I (Current Employee), Louisville KyMay 7, 2015
45 hour work day
Good co workers
Stressful
No lunch room
Always changing things
All senior management is offsite
There is a lot to credit card processing
No organization, constant change.
BUSINESS CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Work from home, making own schedule
Cons: changing compensation plans
To sum up working for Bank of America Merchant Services;

Micro-management, unsure of company direction, overall lack of interest in customer.
Counter Productive
Small Business Solution Specialist (Current Employee), FLMarch 22, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: changing job duties and responsibilities
The job was great for the first year. Then they decided to change my job title responsibilities . The job I applied for and the one I ended up doing were completely different and non fulfilling. I went from a product specalist to an outside sales consultant who leads source were 90% self source. I never applied for that. The job went downhill after that. Compensation goals increased with very little company help towards reaching it. They want you to sale with old expired leads .
fun place to work
Terminal Re-Programmer (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: extra income for sales
I enjoyed working for this company, this was a type of job that you could earn more or less not by the hours you would work but by the sales you did. I would only work m-f 6-2 and if i made really good sales i could bring home money as if i worked 60 hours. They were very family oriented and understood every situation people have and would recommend any work for them.
Worst Place I've Worked in 15 Years
Client Advocate / Customer Service / One Stop Shop (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: rude managers and employee
I good company with potential however they lack professionalism and knowledge on how to run a company. They are not open to advice and do not care about their employees. By the way this is NOT Bank of America! Would be great if management was good and with better training.
Great work life balance
Assistant Vice President, Business Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: no leads, all call calling, door to door
Great work life balance. Love my co-workers. Good team environment. Working from home is a great benefit. Get to meet with new business owners daily. Do not like going door to door.
Great Company to work for
Vice President, Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: unlimited potential at bams
Cons: work life balance
Great organization to work with. Unlimited opportunities and great partnerships.

Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have a great brand behind you.
Maintain and assist assigned client base
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the onsite visits
Cons: constant change in management
Resolve client issues
Arrange for quarterly onsite visits
Present new product and services to clients during the visits
DO NOT RECOMMEND
AVP Merchant Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FlDecember 10, 2014
This company has HIGH turnover. Especially for inside sales. Very dishonest and fraudulent sales reps. Do not apply for this company if you are looking for a true career with a substantial company.
Great benefits
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), New YorkDecember 6, 2014
Good company to work for with great benefits. People are kind and mostly helpful. Hardest part is lack of training.
Fun place to work.
Business Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2014
Too many meetings, but overall a nice place to work and good benefits.
fun environment
AVP, Merchant Solution Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2014
Cons: lack of communication.
Fun environment to work with. Co-workers help one another. Hardest part of job is getting ahold of customers.
Business Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Glendale Heights, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Life Balance, Resources available to manage your business, Great Team Players, Long days and hours is the hardest to manage.
Started well ended badly
Merchant Risk / ACH / C/S Senior Team Lead (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: destruction of a good company
B of A Merchant Services was a decent company to work for until the upper management at B of A ma a LOT of bad decisions, the worst of which was buying Country Wide which was already a billion in debt and carrying toxic assets that helped cause the burst of the housing bubble in 2008. They then took on Merrill Lynch which also carried a lot of debt which in turn added to the company having to sell off half their assets to stay liquid. My division was a consistent producer with between 250 million to 500 million in profits each year. Never the less they decided to sell the company to FIrst Data Resources in 2011. As they were transferring over they informed all BAMS employees that no one was able to apply to any jobs with B of A and rejected all previous application that they had been assuring people they could post for almost a year. Nor were the existing jobs safe as FDR had not committed to retaining staff. When the transfer happened within 6 months over 1000 people were laid off.
Productive work environment while still having fun
Advanced Support Specialist (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good customers, nice co workers
Work from 7:30-4:00
Learned how to multi task, manage accounts better, empathy, sympathy
customer service for credit cards
Senior Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), louisville, kyJune 23, 2014
call merchants for a clear copy of credit card in a timely manner
I've enjoyed my work there
Outside Merchant Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 19, 2014
I've learned about consultative selling and organizing my day.

My manager allows the freedom to work our own business and manage a territory of banks.

The most challenging part of the business is being compared to the other processors
Assistant Vice President, Small Business Solutions (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 13, 2014
Great atmosphere to work in. Very competitive. Every day is very eventful and full of new opportunities

About Bank of America Merchant Services

Bank of America Merchant Services is more than a payment processor. We give businesses momentum. We enable businesses to grow – Read more

Bank of America Merchant Services Salaries