Bank of America Merchant Services

Bank of America Merchant Services Employee Reviews

Great Place
Assistant Vice President Product Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Great Work Life, Pay
Cons: Lose what you make on over-lapping departments cannibalizing your sales
Bank Of America Merchant Services is a great company, however there are just too many departments over lapping cannibalizing each other and De-valuing the brand.
Great Earning potential. No job security
AVP Business Consultant (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Earning Potential
Cons: Micro Managed, Commission Changes with no notice
Work with assigned Banking Centers to increase Merchant Referrals and give presentations to submitted Referrals. Develop Referral Partners to bring business into the Banking Centers
products and clients
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2015
Pros: great banking partners
Cons: high turnover in management.
BAMS was a great place for me to work with Bank partners and win additional business products with existing bank clients. BAMS gave me the opportunity to grow and become a very successfull sale rep. The training and technology was top of the line and are always on top of training the sales force. I was able to be self managed through the 5 years that I was employed and became top sales performer YOY, regardless of the 5 different managers that I had in the Chicago market.
Not what it seems like
Account Executive (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: worklife balance, training, compensation plans
Management wasn't reliable, no way to move up in company nor discussion. Learn on the job, hardly any training. Compensation plan changed every other month, as well as monthly goals to hit.
Fast paced rewarding career.
COMMMERCIAL BUSINESS BANKING REP (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 21, 2015
Cons: This department of the bank was bought out
I was part of the commercial client team of the banks merchant service division. I handled the high revenue accounts via phone and email, as it was a call center. I loved all of the volunteering I was able to take place it, I was able to advance quickly, great training. They set you up for success.
Account Specialist
Account Specialist-Retention (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 20, 2015
Great Company, great benefits, decent pay, wonderful coworkers. Life work flexibility. Wonderful place to build your career.
Opportunity to build solid residual income
Assistant Vice President Business Consultant (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 9, 2015
Great culture and great place to work. Team work is essential for success. Build your own book of business with support from various resources that are committed to your success.
nice place to work
AVP-Merchant Solution Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 20, 2015
Pros: great contests
Cons: too many recoups
nice day at work
very friendly atmosphere
it is up to you, how much money you make except for the returns
you just have to get busy and work hard
management tries to think of ways to help us out.
very nice
Great company, Changes compensation to often
VP - Merchant Business Consultant (Current Employee), Clermont, FLMay 31, 2015
This is a great company to work for. The compensation plan has been changed too often. If you do not sell a specific amount of a specific product, they will decrease your commission up to 50%
Excellent Culture
Sr. Business Information Analyst (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDMay 22, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment, perks, plenty of work
Cons: No time for training, Company Re-org displaced IS workers, Only using SQL.
Free hot beverages, such as coffee, tea, latte, etc.
Great group of people and pay is good.
Very, very busy environment with tight deadlines.
Management is very knowledgeable and helpful.
The "House of SQL"
Fast paced and challenging
AVP Merchant Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Wii in the break area, contests with great prizes
Cons: Training period does not prepare you for the floor experience
A typical day in the office was sitting in your cubicle taking in bound calls to sell credit card processing to merchants throughout the nation. It is a casual environment where learning is an on the job experience. Your are surrounded by co-workers who will teach you skills to perfect your pricing rationale and give you tips on how to become successful when selling over the telephone. You must be a quick learner and dedication is key.

The most challenging part of this job is closing a sale without a face to face interaction. Once you have solidified the sale you are no longer a part of the delivery.

I truly enjoyed the casual environment and the ease of bouncing ideas off of co-workers right from my desk. We would pass a ball around discussing our last calls and what we could have done better, more of, or differently. It was a fantastic team environment.
Training is not what the job contains
Merchant Services (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLMay 11, 2015
Pros: Breaks, lunch and parties. Great Insurance
Cons: management does not know about working with the merchants
Training is about what the company does and how it is run. It has nothing to do when you get on the phone, working with merchants. They do not teach anything the merchants are calling about, billing, terminals, contracts, returns,exchanges.
Okay place to work
Independent Field Representative, I (Current Employee), Louisville KyMay 7, 2015
45 hour work day
Good co workers
Stressful
No lunch room
Always changing things
All senior management is offsite
There is a lot to credit card processing
No organization, constant change.
BUSINESS CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Work from home, making own schedule
Cons: changing compensation plans
To sum up working for Bank of America Merchant Services;

Micro-management, unsure of company direction, overall lack of interest in customer.
Counter Productive
Small Business Solution Specialist (Current Employee), FLMarch 22, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: changing job duties and responsibilities
The job was great for the first year. Then they decided to change my job title responsibilities . The job I applied for and the one I ended up doing were completely different and non fulfilling. I went from a product specalist to an outside sales consultant who leads source were 90% self source. I never applied for that. The job went downhill after that. Compensation goals increased with very little company help towards reaching it. They want you to sale with old expired leads .
fun place to work
Terminal Re-Programmer (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: extra income for sales
I enjoyed working for this company, this was a type of job that you could earn more or less not by the hours you would work but by the sales you did. I would only work m-f 6-2 and if i made really good sales i could bring home money as if i worked 60 hours. They were very family oriented and understood every situation people have and would recommend any work for them.
Worst Place I've Worked in 15 Years
Client Advocate / Customer Service / One Stop Shop (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: rude managers and employee
I good company with potential however they lack professionalism and knowledge on how to run a company. They are not open to advice and do not care about their employees. By the way this is NOT Bank of America! Would be great if management was good and with better training.
Great work life balance
Assistant Vice President, Business Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: no leads, all call calling, door to door
Great work life balance. Love my co-workers. Good team environment. Working from home is a great benefit. Get to meet with new business owners daily. Do not like going door to door.
Great Company to work for
Vice President, Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: unlimited potential at bams
Cons: work life balance
Great organization to work with. Unlimited opportunities and great partnerships.

Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have a great brand behind you.
Maintain and assist assigned client base
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the onsite visits
Cons: constant change in management
Resolve client issues
Arrange for quarterly onsite visits
Present new product and services to clients during the visits
Headquarters