Bank of America Merchant Services

Bank of America Merchant Services Employer Reviews

Business Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Glendale Heights, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Life Balance, Resources available to manage your business, Great Team Players, Long days and hours is the hardest to manage.
Started well ended badly
Merchant Risk / ACH / C/S Senior Team Lead (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: destruction of a good company
B of A Merchant Services was a decent company to work for until the upper management at B of A ma a LOT of bad decisions, the worst of which was buying Country Wide which was already a billion in debt and carrying toxic assets that helped cause the burst of the housing bubble in 2008. They then took on Merrill Lynch which also carried a lot of debt – more... which in turn added to the company having to sell off half their assets to stay liquid. My division was a consistent producer with between 250 million to 500 million in profits each year. Never the less they decided to sell the company to FIrst Data Resources in 2011. As they were transferring over they informed all BAMS employees that no one was able to apply to any jobs with B of A and rejected all previous application that they had been assuring people they could post for almost a year. Nor were the existing jobs safe as FDR had not committed to retaining staff. When the transfer happened within 6 months over 1000 people were laid off. – less
Productive work environment while still having fun
Advanced Support Specialist (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good customers, nice co workers
Work from 7:30-4:00
Learned how to multi task, manage accounts better, empathy, sympathy
customer service for credit cards
Senior Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), louisville, kyJune 23, 2014
call merchants for a clear copy of credit card in a timely manner
I've enjoyed my work there
Outside Merchant Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 19, 2014
I've learned about consultative selling and organizing my day.

My manager allows the freedom to work our own business and manage a territory of banks.

The most challenging part of the business is being compared to the other processors
Assistant Vice President, Small Business Solutions (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 13, 2014
Great atmosphere to work in. Very competitive. Every day is very eventful and full of new opportunities
BBQ house
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 2, 2014
Great place to eat and I loved managing this place. The owner is outstanding and really commits himself to the location.
Fun Workplace
Assistant Vice President of Merchant Solutions (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 27, 2014
I am a merchant services specialist, who cover 33 Banking Centers in the Upstate NY territory. I perform pipeline managment between my banking centers partners and business customers who are interested in growing there business by accepting credit cards from there customers. The hardest part of my job is not being able to see my customers face to face – more... and have that one on one customer interaction physically. I love my job, because i love the partnership i have with my bankers and I am able to assist my customers grow there business. – less
Just like every other commission based job
AVP Merchant Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: work hours, same holidays as the bank, base salary
Cons: management, territory assigned will make or break you, minimal career advancement, quota or quit mentality, favoritism
If you want to feel appreciated look elsewhere. If you want high risk average reward then apply. If you don't care about business ethics then this job is for you. If your customers are just a number then this job is for you.
Excellent Support from the Company
Small Business Sales Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco East BayJanuary 27, 2014
Bank of America has excellent support and training program for their employees. Bank has a huge network for do your job. Training new and tools given are very good.
Great business
CUSTOMER SERVICE ESCALATION (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2014
Fun and enjoyable business with great people, great benefits.
Corporate Quota
AVP, Merchant Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: pay, location, management
Cons: office culture
Quota ; and meeting quota ran the culture of this company.
Sales and number s, performance was based on numbers on the board.
I was reassigned to BOA and only worked here a short time
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Westerville, OHJanuary 8, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily contact with my merchants
Sales Performance Analyst
Officer; Sales Performance Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 30, 2013
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: benefits
Lead Project Manager on various assignments for Merchant Services. Updated and created schedules for employees. Managed travel expenses for Managers and Employees.
I wouldn't recommend
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: management
This company is in someways great and some not so great. The Salary was great. However the commissions are very low and the Goal expectations are not realistic. Management only encourages to sell sell sell and has no real concern for the customer. I found him to be unethical in some ways and also extremely unavailable.
Challenging work place.
Advance Client Support Specialist (Current Employee), Coral Springs, FLNovember 25, 2013
great experience learning the world of credit processing, , financing, and the technology behind our everyday life
Great Platform
Vice President, Sales Commercial Banking (Current Employee), San Francisco, CA.October 7, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: the compensation package could be better
I enjoy working with an array of people and other banking units. It is now time to move to the next step in my career, which is management.

About Bank of America Merchant Services

Bank of America Merchant Services is more than a payment processor. We give businesses momentum. We enable businesses to grow – Read more