Bank of America Merchant Services Employee Reviews

Average Place to work
Assistant Vice President, Regional Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2016
Management has failed from the first month of hire to deliver on what was discussed and promised in interview process.
Compensation was changing almost every 3 months. Management was average level of professionalism, occasional casualties. Pricing models, and sales goals were not alined properly to the compensation.
New hire training was too long, accommodations were average. Trainers had less experience in the industry then the trainees. Lack of communication and support from Merchant Team Management to the Retail Banking Group.
Again , that was a few years ago. Things may have changed.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
lack of professionalism from management
Great Company
Small Business Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJanuary 29, 2017
Amazing company with benefits starting right off the bat or first day of the month following employment. Management was amazing and very understanding in knowing all employees have a home life. They are constantly working to improve things and worked to make sure there was ongoing training. They always had "movie days" where they would make popcorn and have movies running throughout the day, lots and lots of potlucks, and always providing doughnuts, etc for the employees.
Pros
Great hours, great pay, great benefits, nice breakroom.
Cons
No real complaints
Okay place to work for people in school or while looking for more of a career
Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 15, 2016
Typical, High-volume call center work. The people on the floor are great but promotion relies heavily on favoritism. micromanagement is kept to a minimum.
Pros
The workers on the floor were great, A lot of time off if necessary, Not as heavily micromanaged as some call centers, Health benefits are pretty good
Cons
Low pay for what is asked of you, little to no raises, takes too long to advance
stressful environment
AVP (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2016
BAMS is a great organization to work for with a decent package but the management is not ,,,,,, too many politics. Associates were always stressed out with unrealistic goals and expectations with no real resources .
Worst company structure
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 15, 2016
I left the company due to a deal unlawfully taken away for me. I reported it right away to my manager. After two months of fighting, I lost respect and never received my commission. Compensation changes three time a year which is reduces majority of the time. They can't retain their customers nor their employees. Beware
Pros
potienal to make 6 figures
Cons
management, meetings, non payment on deals
Horrible place to work
AVP Merchant Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 15, 2016
This place is a joke. They supposedly value the banking relationship of the small business clientele, but really they just want to sell or lease them drastically overpriced equipment and lock them into contracts for the processing of credit cards that contain ridiculously high rates and fees. The sales culture here is win at all costs. The ones who succeed do not care about the rules or have any care as to the plight of their customers. The micro businesses that were offered these so called solutions were better served by the many more transparent competitors that existed in the market place. The amount of customer complaints were extraordinary and the retail banking centers bore the brunt of it, while the BAMS remote management team brushed them off. Management only cares about equipment revenue and nothing else. If you help everyone who comes across your desk with the best solution for their needs it does not matter. Unless you lease them equipment you would be fired. The vast majority of employees did not bother to learn anything about pricing, competitors pricing and products, or how credit card processing actually works etc. They did not need to. It is taught to you in training, but never practiced on the job. After you begin working it is all about revenue which means leasing equipment and adding on fees for everything. The rate of defaults from the customers is very high and these can be clawed back from your pay for some time. This leads to months where one can have a negative commission. This can go on for months. The opportunity to advance can only come about after  more... many months of high revenue. This can only be achieved by being very evasive to the point of misleading to the customers. The people who do this are greatly rewarded. Do not work here if you have morals and care about the small business people of America. The compensation and commission plan changes dramatically annually. The turnover rate is extraordinarily high. 75 plus percent of my training class of a dozen were gone in less than two years.  less
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
Excellent work culture
Customer Service and Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2017
Bank of America had a fun and inclusive work culture. No company can beat their 'Day One' with introduced new employees to the Band of America way. Greatly missed.
productive work environment
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 18, 2017
great company and place to work but no room for elevation and advancement. I am always looking for elevation so I had to leave to find better oppurtunities
You determine the success of your business empire!
Inside Sales Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2016
A relaxed work environment that requires organization and high level of telecommunication. Establishing business relationships are crucial
Pros
Fun work environment! Great people!
Cons
Discrepancies in compensation
I love this company!
AVP, Business Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJanuary 18, 2017
The sale management team at this company is amazing. I received all the tools and support I needed to do my job effectively. Absolutely loved my job!
Pros
great comp plan
Cons
lots of processes due to size of corporation
Overall good
Bilingual Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 9, 2016
We a had our 900am meeting to discuss our core values and genuine coNcerns for our customers. looked at our sales goals and our projections and retention.

After meeting quickly called our merchant service parthners to discuss our clients and give an update on new tools and practices.

Had a 200pm meeting to discuss process and sales goals that were accomplished.

Continue to give service via our Clover based tools and processed all applications completed that day.
Pros
I felt i was helping small business merchant, better grow their business and create business in their community.
Cons
Constant work cycle, no breaks and lots of demand
Used to be a great place to work, people cared and were part of a team
VP Business Development (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2016
Back in the day, we were part of a team, people cared and worked together to make a difference. Relationships were as important as the bottom line revenue.
Not anymore.....
benefits
Cons
goals can be unattainable
Was a great company when it was owned solely by Bank of America, BAMS is a First Data company with First Data management and ideals
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAFebruary 7, 2016
Started with Bank of America in early 2000's then in 2010 company did Joint venture with First Data. At that point things began going downhill, advancement opportunities went away. Sr. management changed from helping and caring about customers to seeing how much they could milk them for. So far disconnected from what customer wants that I would not be shocked to hear about a company restructure in the next 5 years. I left willfully making while over $100k a year because I don't agree with products offerings and management direction.
Management is lacking which causes problems through work place
Advance Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 27, 2015
Management fails to make choices on work performance which hurts the company. You can be at work every day do twice as much work as coworker but won't acknowledge or get a raise. Management chooses who they would like for advancement which creates an unhappy work place since not off stats. This has caused the high turn over rate for the company.
Pros
Catered lunches three times a year
Cons
advancement is a myth and can only move to second level
good opportunnities
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2017
I love the job, lot of freedom, good products, serious company, but if you happen to have a few bad months easy to loose the job.
Pros
lot of freedom
Cons
constant pressure to sell
Good work environment
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJanuary 4, 2017
The people who worked at Bank of America Merchant Services were great! Pay is okay, workload can be a little overwhelming but overall good place to work.
Pros
great people to work with
Worst place to work
AVP, Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Lack of leadership. Not a good commission structure with changes every three months. No good leads. Your sales will always depend on a third party lead provider which is Bank of America Branches.
Positive work enviroment and long term stability.
Small Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 9, 2016
Days at work were very challenging. I have learned how to work in a very fast paced environment while multi-tasking and having the communication skills to provide customers with astounding service.
Pros
Paid vacation and sick days
Cons
No holidays off
Great Place to Work
AVP, Digital eCommerce Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLDecember 16, 2016
Day to day operations concentrating in Partners relation within Small Businesses.
eCommerce Team is a great success with small to Large projects.
Amazing experience
AVP - Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2016
Sales, Customer service, training and development experience. Learn how to manage a large work load and take control of your future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America Merchant Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Bank of America Merchant Services Reviews by Location