Bank of America Merrill Lynch Employee Reviews

Found 1,166 reviews matching the search
Great opportunity for someone new to Financial Industry
Registered Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 27, 2016
Great opportunity to get your licenses and learn the basics of Investing while dealing with all classes of the public. It is a Call center so be prepared to have sales goals which can change quarterly.
Decent benefits and compensation.
Credit Review Examiner (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 27, 2016
Overall the Bank is a pretty decent place to work. Compensation is rather low compared to peers such as Wells Fargo but retirement benefits and medical benefits are good.
Unbalanced
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2016
Poor compensation combined with poor management. Did not learn much since there was little or no cooperation between colleagues. The hardest part of the job was getting to the job.
Great opportunity
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2016
Great position if you want to advance yourself by yourself with your own ambition. As in any sales environment, you set your own floor and ceiling.
your co -workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2016
My co-workers were smart and knowledgeable always helped enter the necessary info for client. The days where relatively stress free. The hardest part of this job was that it was forever ago and remember very little information.
Review Summary
Financial Solutions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pennington, NJSeptember 22, 2016
Good work/life balance, opportunity for advancement. You earn licenses right away before starting.
Pay is better than Merrill Edge
Good benefits
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJSeptember 20, 2016
strick culture which makes enjoying a workday a little difficult when it isn't really necessary in order to perform daily functions.
Wealth Management Internship
Business Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CASeptember 19, 2016
Great was to move into the financial field. Unfortunalty through this internship I realized that I didn't want to go into the Finance industry. Highly recommend.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Hard work
great team play
Project Manager - Desktop (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJSeptember 16, 2016
I met some excellent people to work with here. Everyone was a PM n the team and were very helpful. We took tests together for the PMP. We went to many forums together.
Pros
Excellent company to work for - Hopewell campus is beautiful.
Cons
I worry about the financial stability in this market
Bank of America / Merrill Lynch
Physical Settlement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 16, 2016
I have been apart of this company for 19 years. I have learned new processes throughout my time here. I have worked with a great group of people for the most part. The hardest part of my day is when it's slow. I like to stay busy.
Pros
flexability
Cons
not able to move around without experience
Great company to work for
Strategy Execution Lead II (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJSeptember 15, 2016
Great talented group of people that are inclusive in all aspects of projects. A company that strive for client wellness, always putting the client first.
BofA Summary
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 15, 2016
Challenging to change roles. Work/life balance is not always a priority. Management is constant in flux. Culture appears to be driven by management, which is not the best practice.
Love the benefits
PMD Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2016
I love the benefits here and the management teams. This is a company I will strive to work for in the future. I have never been happier, however I would like to be paid more.
Bank of America does not protect the rights on employees
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2016
Job and opportunity is good itself, but the company's culture is very pro-management and does not have the ability to be impartial especially during issues/cases brought up to HR. Management has the ability to intimidate employees using freeze out techniques, creating toxic environment, make false performance reviews, spread damaging rumors, discrediting reputation, and unjustified demotions knowing that there will be no consequences or any internal investigations.

I was forced out because new manager was jealous of my salary and even asked me "Why do you have a high salary? You don't deserve it."

Instead of keeping the best talent, they would rather keep "yes" people.
Web Application Developement
Senior .Net Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYSeptember 13, 2016
Full Stack .Net Development

Developing a web application from scratch using the latest web tech, testing, and deploying this application.
It's hard to get promoted when staffing levels are going down
Financial Center Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2016
The CEO is getting rid of thousands of jobs, Bank of America employees are being squeezed from head to toe to do the same job with less resources (less employees) and the culture of the financial centers is not very motivating. The automation is taking over more quickly than it should and the customers complain about it every day. It is very difficult to deal with unhappy customers day in and day out when you are in a client facing position. In addition, it seems to be that the contact centers are also low staffed because clients are experiencing ridiculous hold times to speak with an associate to file a simple claim.
Bank of America has great benefits, good health insurance, tuition reimbursement, maternity leave and many more.
If you are well connected in the company and know people of influence it may be easier to advance.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Low staff in the financial centers, high expectations from management. Understaffed financial centers.
enjoyable work environment
LMA Documents Processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 9, 2016
hired as a contractor for 4 months, did not get a chance to really get to know the entire processes but it is a nice environment to work in. not enough support for proper training
Pros
honesty when using work time
Cons
training procedures need work
Workday
Global Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Toughest challenges were communicating with Local Issuing Banks, other Banks in different parts of the world and holding them accountable to their SLA.

Co-workers were excellent.

learned the system of MasterCard for issuing corporate cards and their data feeds along with their reporting and card management systems.
ASL Interpreter
Freelance Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 8, 2016
I enjoyed interpreting in a very professional manner. I interpreted in the Columbia area, occasionally to other offices.
I enjoyed my time with this firm and was happy to be there
Equity Derivatives Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2016
U.S. Delta One Sales - Managing Director (Former Employee), New York, NY – September 8, 2016
Citi was very large, well funded firm. I has a worthwhile experience working there and have been at various Wall Street firms over my career. I would like to continue to another firm

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Reviews by Location