Bank Of America Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,004 reviews matching the search
Stressful Work environment
Client Service Representative/ teller (Former Employee) –  Boa Touhy n McCormickJune 24, 2016
Customers are not welcomed if they don't have an appointment in this branch. They rather have the tellers do the sales and let the bankers make compensation on it. They don't welcome diversity and mangers preferred to only talk in English with the customers.

P.S. Soon the tellers will be replaced by ATM machines..
Pros
13.50 hourly wage
Cons
Tellers make no commission on sales and referrals/ Management says to replace tellers with ATMs
The bankin gcenters are under staffed making it difficult to service all customers in a timely manner.
RELATIONSHIP BANKER/ OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CAJune 23, 2016
Bank of America is a great place to advanced, you just need to know how to stick out and show the management team what you are capable of doing.

Although It's easy to get discouraged at times. You see managers frustrated and tired of there job and the lack of help the center will get.

In the bright side I met a lot of great people who I kept a friendship with.
Pros
Coworkers, paid vaction, sick paid, Sunday's off
Cons
Lack of staff, discouraged managers
Above Average company to work for
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 24, 2016
The benefits package at BofA is better than what most employers offer. I did find it difficult feel secure at BofA - there is a lot of transition, downsizing and restructuring going on ALL of the time. They do not try to place employees in new positions that have been affected by their downsizing or restructuring. Just about everyone I know that has worked for BofA has been laid off at least once in their employment there. I faced layoffs twice in a 4 year timeframe.
Pros
benefits;
Cons
too much downsizing and restructuruing - always facing layoff
Working at Bank of America
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 29, 2016
Working at Bank of America really varies from department to department and will mostly depend on how good your manager is - with that said, little is done to weed out bad managers so if you happen to get one that is generally terrible the only solution will be to post to another department. Good news: posting is easy and encouraged so you can broaden your understanding of the Bank - Bad new: you can't post until you've been in a position for a year.
Changing Culture
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 24, 2016
Elimination of the work from home program, outsourcing jobs to CBRE and JLL, and IT jobs to India resulting in elimination of thousands of positions and talented people who have dedicated their career to BOA, and cuts in staff in the financial centers had depleted the company of many talented people, have people on edge about their job security and has deteriorated work life balance in the financial centers. I enjoyed working at BOA until my job was outsourced.
benefits
Cons
job eliminations
Decent place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2016
Bank of America is a great company to work for if you are interested in advancement possibilities, decent pay, and great benefits.
However, after working in different branches, I learned that they are extremely understaffed, they do not highly value their employees, promises (like one saturday a month off, paid breaks, etc) are not kept, customers are generally awful to deal with because they are mad about fees, drive throughs being closed, few tellers, long waits to see bankers, etc.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay
Cons
No breaks, unreachable sales goals, understaffed
challenging and informative work environment
Professional Teller/Bank Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for Bank of America. I received excellent benefits, and a clean work environment. Due to new policies, the company cut back on the amount of tellers needed during prime banking hours. This made it seem more stressful for the existing tellers as well as for the customers that had to wait in longer lines. Overall it was an enjoyable experience but could use at least one more teller during peek hours.
Pros
Full benefits for part time employees
Cons
erratic scheduling
A prestigious letdown
SEASONED BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 21, 2016
This company would not give me a raise until customer service was actually measured in the company's metric. I was a very dependable employee and because I identified someone that was stealing from the company (he was my supervisor) I ended up losing my job because he framed me. They found out he was stealing shortly after I was fired. Thanks BOA.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Explaining to people why money was missing out of their accounts, BOA's system had a tendency to take people's money.
Obtain most of my customer service experience from this company
Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prairie Village KSJune 21, 2016
I learn a lot from this company was able to help a lot of people on their financial needs gained a lot of trust from my customer was able to sale the product of the bank if the customer needed them this really was nice to do cause the customer I got to help were really happy about my service and would recommend me there friend and family when they needed help financially.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short lunches
Productive place to work
VP (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 21, 2016
This job was very intensive. Stressful most of the time, but I loved this job most of all. Very demanding, high paced. Most days were 9 10 hour days. I had a great group working for me. Always a different fire to put out. Again, I worked on deficient loans, getting them ready to be sold in the secondary market. I worked directly with the investors, the custodian, the certifiers. This job as demanding but also, very rewarding, to me. to see how far we had come.
Pros
Loved the management
Cons
being laid off after 13 years
A great place to work, room for growth.
Financial Center Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Croton-on-Hudson, NYJune 23, 2016
For safety and compliance reasons I can not write down my typical day at work.
But what I can say is the bank is a great place to work. There are many different area of business that you are introduced to. Behind the teller line you are dealing with cash. On the platform side of the bank you are dealing with customer service, relationship building, and problem solving. On the management team you are working on the operations, and the employees of the center. This is very important as it deals with making sure the center is running ethically, professionally, and accurately.
Pros
growth, pay, benefits
Cons
short breaks, work during bad weather
Not a good place for developers - if in GFX.
Global Foreign Exchange "VP Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2016
Basic financial pressure cooker.

People explode fight argue publicly.
BAs PMs - gossipy.

Bi-Annual Reviews are arbitrary at best. One minute you are "a rockstar" two months later you are "under review".

Leads unavailable for mentorship or even basic training. Too distracted!

Lots of cussing and swearing - very inappropriate unprofessional "humor" of off-color nature.

Political.
Pros
Pay was good.
Cons
Deployment Heck, Weekend work, Night work, Prod fire drills all of the time, Management yells at Developers
Great Company to work for if you're lucky
Small Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 29, 2016
Overall the company is good to work for when it comes to benefits such as 401(k), health insurance and if Leave is needed. What I mean by "if you're lucky" is that if you end up with a great manager, they will look out for you and help you excel in your career. At the beginning of my career I had the best management team I could ask for which helped me be at where I am now. The company has changed so much and prefer to promote externally versus internally. Its sad to see as I have seen many great talent leave to other companies as they were not given the opportunity to grow.
Pros
Health benefits and retirement
Cons
growth opportunity
Bank of America Review
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonJuly 1, 2016
Bank is hyper focused on reducing costs to show a profit to shareholders. The challenge is the bank is willing to do this at almost any cost. Associates are overworked and tired. The bank has access to lots of analytical information and likes to create a metric for any and everything they can measure. This creates increased frustration, anxiety, and the addition of "just one more thing that only takes a few minutes", over and over and over again.
Pros
benefits and family services programs
Cons
Too focused on cost cutting, disconnected from goals, poor communication
Not a nice place to work.
VP (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2016
Managers and employees are not honest, employees are out to get each other, dishonesty is rewarded, back stabbing is rewarded, and taking credit for others work is rewarded. It is much better work environment when you are a contractor versus being an employee. The culture of the corporation is not good. CEO laid off 35,000 employees to get the stock price up so he could save his job. He continues to ship jobs to India which puts more Americans out of work. Maybe they should change the name to Bank of India, subsidiary in America.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Politics and dod eat dog culture.
Role
Financial Center Manager (Current Employee) –  West Hempstead, NYJuly 5, 2016
Manage, lead and coach associates on a daily basis in a successful banking center
Identify and manage risk on a daily basis
Motivate staff to achieve sales goals and deliver exceptional customer service.
Develop talent by leading and coaching daily to meet business goals.
Successfully managed dual center locations while maintaining operational excellence and sales goals
Apply critical thinking daily to solve complex customer and employee issues
Manage risk daily and effectively by following Bank of America’s guidelines and policies
Productive fun place to work. Great environment.
Customer Advocacy and Collections- Collector (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaPJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at work was collecting payments from customers and finding resolutions to bring their situation current. I learned a great deal in this company like core values. Management were amazing and they made the environment at my work place great. The hardest part of my job was letting customers know about their current situation but the best part of my job was finding resolutions.
Mediocre
AVP; QUALITY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2016
I was originally employed by Merrill Lynch, but then Bank of America bought Merrill Lynch and I was converted to Bank of America. My benefits were good and I was very blessed to have been a part of the Work from Home Program for several years. I also was very lucky to have had excellent immediate supervisors who taught me a great deal. I truly believe, however, that the executives running the divisions of the bank are running it in a very poor direction. They are cutting costs in the wrong areas and as a result, customer service suffers and our customers are very vocal about it.
Pros
Ability to work from home for several years, and decent benefits
Cons
Poor upper management, getting rid of the Work from Home Program
Productive Home Loan Banking Business
Mortgage and Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 14, 2016
Working with 50 to 60 customers to sell home loans.
I learned deadlines for home loan approvals, various bank regulations and for home loan approvals.
My manager was very supportive and a team player
I work with a great team of individuals and when the environment became very productive, we work together as a team to accomplish bank goals.
The hardest part of the job was telling a customer there home was going into bankruptcy.
The enjoyable part of the job was have great team players and providing customer satisfaction.
Pros
Learning new banking tools
Cons
Job was not challenging.
Excellent company
Operations Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2016
I spent over a decade working for Bank of America. In that time, I was given the opportunity to learn my function beyond what the job entailed. I was taught the ins and outs of ATM/Debit fraud from every aspect Bank of America could offer. Management was supportive and the company was focused on their customers. They would change strategies and develop new products to ensure their customers were as safe from fraud as possible.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to grow, career is in your hands
Cons
sometimes positions are not always available