Bank Of America

11.1K reviews

Bank Of America Employee Reviews

It was a good company to work for!!!
(Assignment Coordinator II) Wholesale Lending (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJuly 28, 2015
Secondary Marketing Dept (Assignment Coordinator II) Wholesale Lending:
*Arranged files according to established EquiCredit guidelines, retrieved and copied note packages, and performed quality control checks verifying accuracy of documents
*Analyzed, compiled, and recorded information on documents within established timelines for completion of sales requirements.
*Ensured document certification – more... by Trustee as required by core agreements of securitization.
*Mortgage Release (Payoff Department) Download request for release of documents verifying information in Dok Trak to locate paid out documents, stamp manager’s signature on approximately 400 requests per day.
*Made copies, attached to originals, and returned to Bank One or check Rekon to verify account confirmation, ordered paid out documents via interoffice mail to complete files.
*Create detailed report utilizing Excel to track documents and submit to manager for review.
*Performed additional responsibilities as needed.

I have really enjoyed working in the mortgage field at Bank Of America, Debbie Minton was the greatest Boss!!!! – less
Started out great...
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee), MAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits, associates, clients
Cons: Management lacks sense of reality, especially exec level
I love the company itself and all the associates I've met have been fantastic. It's management, and executive levels in particular, that have been making this place less and less desirable to work at. Too much change, too quickly, without asking the people who are on the front lines first. Maybe before changing culture and strategy, ask people who actually have to make those changes how it will effect not only their day to day, but also....THE CLIENTS perception. Great benefits, including 12 weeks paid 100% PATERNITY leave. Not too shabby at all.
Worst bank iI ever worked at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Islip NYJuly 28, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: terrible training
The worst year of my life. Hired from another bank and given absolutely no training for my new job at all. When bringing this up at a meeting with DM was told it was my fault and I should have done it on my own AT HOME! New manager transferred in and had severe problems not screaming four letter words at emplyees at end of day. Fidelity HR did absolutely nothing for us.
Responsible for the end to end management of projects
AVP, Technical Project Solutions Consultant (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Work from home, generous vacation policy. matching gift program
Cons: External economic environment meant cost reductions
Life as project manager at Bank of America is never dull. On any given day I meet with the stakeholders of the project, reviewed the financial position of the project and coordinated the deliverables required by the PMO. I had the opportunity to work from home which was awesome but I did miss getting to interact with people face to face. I worked with a great team at the Bank and would happily work there again.
Meeting standards and goals
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
Great company to work for. Love client and helping them in their financial needs,

Always getting along with co-worker, love coaching and being coach
N/A
Assistant VP of Investor Reporting (Team Lead) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2015
Good Benefits, set career path, and internal opportunities, however, they have created an environment of uncertainty with unpredictable layoffs
Wonderful Company to Work for
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Inconsistent Scheduling
During my tenure at Bank of America I've been challenged to grow and learn. The most difficult part of my job was the changing of management constantly. All in all I love working with people and especially in a diverse environment.
Good and Bad
Senior Credit Analyst III (Current Employee), Newark, DEJuly 28, 2015
Good and Bad. Depends on the department and the managers. Overall it offers competitive benefits. Salaries are better elsewhere.
working at b oa
Officer; Business Control Specialist (Former Employee), West Hills, CAJuly 28, 2015
most of the time i worked from home. it is a great place to work at, but if you stay there long enough you begin to feel like a number.
Great benefits
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Sun City, CAJuly 28, 2015
Bank of America is a great place to work. Great energy. Good place to learn team work. You can advance quickly if you learn and adapt to the product quickly.
A good company with excellent team members
Project Manager - Iconma Contractor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: IT & Business sides work hand in hand to complete projects successfully, Proper PMP best practices are followed, Work location is 15 minutes from home.
Cons: Team members are disparate throughout the country so working in the office can get quite, A minor but noticable thing.
Bank of America (US TRUST) encourages us often allowing us to successfully complete projects with the proper tools and atmosphere. Management is quite informative and supportive participating in all aspects of project life cycles.

Effective learning of the bank applications themselves has been performed by attending several CBT classes as well as guidance by managers and on the job training.  – more...

All co-workers are physically located throughout the country making for virtual meetings via conference calls. Team members are quite funny, positive, and generally content during meetings. This makes for a positive climate. Because of the mostly positive support received this job is quite enjoyable to work on. Most days have a very healthy but aggressive work pace. The culture is positive and supportive. – less
Productive and goal driven enviornment
Customer Relation Manager II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Good teammates
Cons: Relocation for advancement
The goals are Fair, Fast, and Final. This makes it very clear what you are there to accomplish daily. The organization is structured and as long as you ask the right questions there is always room for growth if you are willing to move or travel to achieve it.
Take a chance it might be worth it...
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 28, 2015
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: many departments are going to the one stop shop method
Many departments have preselected individuals for leadership roles. Many departments are going to the one stop shop method where you fulfill multiple requests for clients to reduce the amount of redirected calls or service requests. This provides employees with multiple skills on servicing clients with mortgage, banking, credit cards and investments however it reduces the ability to move to other departments to enter leadership because areas that service one type of client i.e Deposit Accounts are going away. Employees are required to multitask and utilize a max of 36 systems to fulfill the many systems that it takes to complete any job.
Productive and good place to work.
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 28, 2015
Good Enviorment, great people, department lacked in advancement. Not much effort in developing current talent. Great benefits but lack in compensation.
Great company
Teller (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 28, 2015
• Maintain contact with clients regarding cash and checking services
• Handle deposits, withdrawals, money orders, cashier and travelers’ checks and credit card advances
• Balance cash drawers
• Cross-sell bank products and services
• Transfer funds and accept loan payments
• Examine checks for endorsements
• Perform data entry services regarding clients’ accounts and transactions
work Place
senior cust mgr credit card, sales and mortgage (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 28, 2015
Great place to work for, I was happy. I just got laid-off which is normal business practice now days with most big companies.
Great work life balance!
AVP Financial Center Manager II (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
Bankers Hours and always have Sundays off. Retail banking is in a downward trend soon to be gone. Time to move on to another opportunity. Looking for a Human Resources position in Tampa Florida.
Financial institution
Merchant Teller (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2015
One of the largest bank in United States that provides financial services to businesses and personal. From home loans, business loans, credit cards and many more.
U.S. Trust
Assistant Vice President, Specialty Products Desk (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 27, 2015
Provides good benefits with a good work/life Balance. Employees I have worked with are all very bright and easy to work with.
Very professional
Global Wealth and Investment Management Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Very professional work environment, I loved the atmosphere. The standards they work up to, are ethical as well. Would not want to work for another company if offered a position.
Headquarters