Bank Of America
10,883 reviews

Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Awesome Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Riverside CaJuly 2, 2015
If you want a schedule where you don't work late hours. Great with helping advance and benefits as well. Child Care and Tuition reimbursement is great
Great workplace.
Production Specialist II (Current Employee), Simi Valley, CaliforniaJuly 2, 2015
Working for Bank of America has been a pleasure. I have looked forward to going in to work each and every day. Work environment, benefits, and culture have been great. It is unfortunate that the corporation is relocating the department that I currently work in.
Very professional workplace.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Union City, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Enthusiastic Management, Great pay
What made this job better than most other data entry positions is the jolly nature of the management. You would think that inputting people's tax information for the IRS would be an intimidating job but that wasn't the case. The staff are friendly and always ready to help. One thing I enjoyed the most was our supervisor constantly keeping small talk with us. It helped us keep awake throughout the day.
Lack of growth and repetitive
Teller Operations Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 1, 2015
Slim opportunities to grow without re-location and work becomes repetitive. As a result compensation does not seem to be as good as elsewhere.
ok place to work for
Escalation Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: buy an extra week of vacation
Cons: Micro manage everything, bonuses should be included in standard pay especially with the bull that you have to deal with
Taking inbound calls from escalated and irate customers and assist Banking Center reps. I've learned there's a lot entail with banking however its so micro-manage. The hardest part is you being the supervisor you're suppose to be. Every second and minute they're down your backside, "you logged in one min late, you haven't sat down and they watching you and telling you that you're late or you're on a call and its 25 mins and bothering you to see why its taking long when you're correcting an error made by the bank and its time consuming to fix some errors. Plus they're not concern about your health when the location they have you working in has dust and mold, they try to force you out.
Work team is what made work very enjoyable
Operations Representative/ Account Specialist II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed my employment at Bank of America. The staff and manager were great, and I would not mind working for the same manager. Sadly, the bank building had been bought out, which the bank had relocated the departments and work to Delaware. This is the reason that I had left the bank.
good place to work
RELATIONSHIP BANKER (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: job advancement, job training
Cons: not present in Columbus OH
excellent place to work with good solid training and good pay rate that will keep increasing based on how well you perform
Productive and fast paced enviornment
Unit Manager I - VP (Current Employee), Simi Valley, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Enjoy my job
Cons: Location of employer
I enjoy my job! I continue to grow and learn something new each day. I work with great individuals which make my job much easier buy I am seeking employment closer to home.
Fast paced customer service atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Concord, CaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Convenient location, cafeteria including hot meals available for purchase, much attention keeping moral up
Cons: Short breaks
Call Center environment. Learned exceptional listening skills & call buffering skills. Management very busy but helpful. Co workers funny but very professional. The hardest part of the job is the most enjoyable part of the job giving superior customer service externally & internally.
security
Financial Teller / Supervisor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2015
I help make your customers experience to LAX is greater. I assist with the check in process. I also help customer to their gates for the flight
Do Not support their associates
Leadership (Former Employee), OregonJune 30, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: always a fire drill
Big bank feel consistently pushing associates to do more with less. decreasing staff causing unsafe work enviroment for associates and long lines for customers who elect to come in to the bank to do their banking.
Excellent place to gain exposure to large markets
Intermediate Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 30, 2015
Educational through exposure to large markets. Good work/life balance. High level of focus for employee's well being.
educational disciplined work environment
Retail banking Teller (Former Employee), springstowneJune 30, 2015
Pros: breaks, customers, and no sundays
Cons: cohesion was lacking, and management providing adequate assistance
a typical day as a teller was was either fast paced or dreadfully slow. I worked at a location with a high volume of relationship and non-relationship customers. I learned a great deal about ownership of accounts, the line of businesses we provided, and and overall habits of everyday banking. My management team was solitified after I was hired and didn't seem cohesive. Most of my co-workers were cordial at best but often clung to one another and I was the odd man out. The hardest part of my job was keeping pace on high volume days. But the most enjoyable part of my job was building a unique and enriching repore with each and every customer I helped.
They just laid off half of the support team's US employees to make way for India associates. Not good for Bank of "America"
Analyst II (Current Employee), CharlotteJune 30, 2015
I love helping people but the fear of losing my job far outweighs any benefit. Benefits and perks used to be really great, but are declining with the market and then cheaper labor. Deciding it's not cost efficient for people to work from home so they layoff all of te good hard workers.
Good experience
Teller Operations Specialist (TOS) (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2015
Pros: I loved my co-workers, interacting with our customers, cutomers knowing me by name
Cons: informing customer of loan denial or negative balance
My typical work day was accounting for at least $750,000 a day. I cautiously opened and closed the banking facility. I led morning meetings, ran reports, imported/exported U.S and foreign currency. I managed a team of 7 plus tellers, making sure they were trained and equipped with knowledge to perform their work duties and provide great customer service. I filled in as a teller, sales services specialist or banker as needed and created a safe, friendly and fun work environment I scanned paperwork at the end of the day and ran reports. This was my first banking experience which was overwhelming to come in as management. This helped me expand my patience which is needed in a tedious work environment.
about BOA
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: name recogintion
Cons: cannot close loans
This company has awful communication at all levels and no one is ever on the same page at one point. Everyone I worked with is in agony and looking to leave.
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great healthcare
Cons: Short lunch break, never satisfied which makes it hard to prove yourself
Bank of America has been a good company to work for for the past 8 years. During the past few months changes have occurred which cause customer dissatisfaction leaving the retail employees in the forefront without the resources to embrace the changes. Therefore, from branch managers to tellers and everyone in between we experience quite a bit of resentment from our account holders, which has made it a bit challenging to retain clientele. If it wasn't for personal relationships developed between employee and customer, we believe the changes would not only impact the customers but employments as well.
Great Teams, hard work, fun environment
BANK TELLER (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, great teambuilding experience
Cons: Short lunches, low wages
I had a great time working for Bank of America. I really enjoyed the teambuilding experience and I enjoyed my branch manager. He was fair, understanding, and he made work enjoyable. My co-workers and I got along very well and I enjoyed multi-tasking and keeping busy. I learned the business side of the bank as well as the teller side.
Work/Life balance pretty good
Underwriter Associate / Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee), Westlake VillageJune 30, 2015
Pros: Considerate, fair workplace with paid holidays off, 401K (matching)
Cons: They want to get out of the Mortgage business (process/uw side).
I came from the legacy side of BAC and spent about 7 years on the BAC side. Found management IF your very productive will go out of their way to allow you to achieve a life/work balance. Hardly ever took vacation since I had hours adjusted to whatever activity I pursued outside of work and the national holidays were a great perk. Really enjoyed all the various people I worked with and had very considerate managers (save one, but every Corp has one of THOSE). Management was pretty easy to work with.
Solid work/life balance
SVP, Quantitative Operations Manager (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAJune 30, 2015
On a regular basis, my position requires interaction with various departments, which results in knowledge expansion and personal skill development.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more

Bank Of America Salaries