Bank Of America Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,656 reviews matching the search
Good place to work, until job security became an issue
Vice President, Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAMay 23, 2016
Enjoyed co workers, working with those from different departments, and the ability to work from home on occasion. A typical day consisted of many meetings.
Worked with great people in good environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMay 23, 2016
Days went by quickly usually and I loved my coworkers. Management was good and it was a small intimate environment. The type that brings cookies to work. The hardest part of my job was the upselling.
Great Company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 23, 2016
The core value of the company is great. If you apply yourself there is a great opportunity for advancement. As a company in the past 5 years they have faced some challenges. Therefore, they had to restructure their business needs causing a lot of tenured employees to be out of work. I would work for them again, even though I was laid of because they have great compensation and benefits
Productive and busy
Senior Loan Closer (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMay 23, 2016
Typical day on the job is hectic. You have to be able to balance multiple files and activities at the same time while keeping a calm demeanor. I balance my workload with helping/training new hires on BOA's closing practices.
Work Life Balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJMay 23, 2016
Worked from home for 3 years with much success.
Great co-workers
Interesting projects
Great benefits package
Yearly bonus
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Downsized
Fast Paced Work Environment
Residential Loan Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 22, 2016
Bank of America was a fast, paced, work environment. A typical work day consisted of heavy work load, good compensation and long hours. I am used to working in this type of environment and I work excellent under pressure.
Fast Paced work Environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 22, 2016
A typical day at Bank of America is very fast paced, with a lot of attention to detail. I have learned to love working as a team , we are a family and together we try our best to make our stressful days go by fast.
VP, Technology Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 22, 2016
Nice environment for training; proactive and stimulating. Enjoyed creating educational environment with employees, getting good feedback from them as students and enjoyed training the trainer.
Too much managment
small business banker (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 21, 2016
Too much management, the company is full of managers and bosses but no leaders. Good pay and great room for advancement,
Great Bank to build a Career
Professional Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2016
Bank of America provides great work-life balance. Management is great with coaching and ensuring you are adhering to policies and procedures. Paid Vacations and holidays. Room for growth.
Loan Analyst II - Reps and Warranties (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMay 20, 2016
Review loans for repurchase by Bank of America. Muli Million dollars involved with the Countywide/Bank Of America loans purchased by Wall Street.
Enjoyable Workplace
Teller (Current Employee) –  Walnut Park, CAMay 20, 2016
It is a pleasure working for such a large corporation. There many positive aspects to working with Bank of America. For instance, having the chance to become knowledgable regarding finances. We are given the chance to become experts with banking.
Pros
Paid vacation, sick days, holidays
Career security
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 20, 2016
Bank of america is great good place to work ,its just that I want and I know with my skills and experience I deserve to be with this company.
Great place to work, alot of room for advancement.
Home Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 20, 2016
A typical day would be to come in and get all systems started and set up as needed for your day. Next I would sort my portfolio by priority for that day. I would continue to take calls and make calls all day. I would notate each account as well as setting up reminders for call back at desired times.

My co-workers were fantastic, and management would assist in getting answers not easily obtained.
Not very supportive of professional development
Senior IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMay 20, 2016
High stress environment. Direct report manager did not seem to have a good handle on audit processes. Methods seemed archaic.
Enjoyed the experiance
Teller (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 20, 2016
Everyday was a good day as long as you make the best of it. At BOA I learned how to communicate better with the customers, How to meet their needs in their everyday financing.
Global Service Desk
Technical Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJMay 20, 2016
I have worked for a number of years at Merrill Lynch which was taken over by Bank of America. During my tenure before Bank of America, working in Operations felt as if you contributed something and you were treated with respect but once I moved into IT, I felt that respect was taken away and it only became worse after being taken over by Bank of America. My transition removed any hope of higher compensation which I thought was strange since I always thought that you would make more money. I was told by the hiring manager that it would be a lateral move and even though I left my previous position with a far exceeds rating, that would not transfer into anything when it should, you work hard, put in the time, when it comes to rewards it should amount to something but unfortunately, that was not so, my bonus did not factor in my work ethics. Right away, I should have realized what was in store for me at the "Global Service Desk." On a daily basis we would we would take between 60 and 80 calls with 1 morning and 1 afternoon breaks, if you missed your break, you lose it. There was no room for advancement here, it was definitely a brick wall, where any motivation was often removed and replaced by criticism and nepotism. There was the chosen few that was always taken care of and pushed into secured positions. Some of these were warranted but if you looked around, there were some that had no idea how and what they were doing in the positions they were given, while there were talent that was just willfully neglected to be given a chance to shine. The ones that were given the opportunity  more... turned out to be self centered, obnoxious individuals who used their unworthy positions to rebuked, insult and make fun of other analysts in their 'private chat rooms'. This can be verified if you look in these chat rooms, "this can be verified, look for it." There was the constant micromanaging done by the managers to get analysts off the call and move on to another, 'cut a ticket', 'cut a ticket'. 'Bold type fonts' screaming their impatience and displeasure at lengthy calls, while you are dealing with a frustrated user on the line was the daily grind of this 'dysfunctional and mismanaged Service Desk'. The managers clearly did not know how to manage, how could they, they did not posses any management skills, these were the same self centered, often obnoxious, insulting crop that would filter and slithered into the management roles, how can they be effective manager, and this is still happening there, investigate it, speak to the analysts, don't just take my word. There was no effective oversight, on many occasions they try to form a committee, but once again the members were specifically chosen and eventually nothing became of it. There were very skilled analysts who would often approach the managers for any available projects or who would volunteer to work on projects only to be told that it was already given to the 'chosen ones' who already had their hands filled and could not deliver on their own deadline. So you had managers who would yell, scream, insult and sometimes curse, you had those that just follow redundant, over vigilant protocols and can't seem to make a recommendation that would benefit you but themselves. There were a few that seemed to be always boozed up
swaying on this limb between reality and their own perceived, inventive ga ga land, these people are still there, investigate it, talk to the analysts and these characters would emerge. Every so often they do a 'clean up', reshuffling of the deck, but pay attention and you will see the kind of cards that get tossed and moved to the bottom of the desk. The bottom line is this, Bank of America's Service Desk is one of the worst place I have ever and will ever work, they show no respect for majority of their employees, they don't encourage or motivate their employees and if they do they do it on the most minimal level. They show nepotism and I would say this they are racists, that element shows from all levels of the managers there, just look at the diversity makeup of this Service Desk. They hire unskilled minorities so they can pay them less, provide minimum training, which can only lead to them and their 'chosen' vilifying them on that ever thin ladder to nothingness. Everyone can be a manager, not everyone can manage. If you are put in a position to manage and your employees are not motivated, then you 'FAILED AS A MANAGER', that's your job, you were privileged, it's not the employees' fault it's yours, you have failed to manage. Don't take my word for it, speak to the analysts, the truth is out there, investigate it.
Pros
I could not find any during my tenure there.
Cons
Too many to list, mismanage, no room for advancement, not a good place to work for.
fun fun fun
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMay 20, 2016
high sales, high pay, great company, management team is amazing, lots of opportunity to grow. Once you start here sales is easy
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
It's not for everyone.
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 19, 2016
It's not what you would think. It's retail, plain and simple. We sell products that may or may not be beneficial to our customers depending on their needs.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Management's concern for you comes across as insincere.
No comment
Financial Center Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2016
Work under extreme pressure
Manage staff
Provide coaching
Help associates grow and develop
Train teammates
Process transactions efficiently and accurately