Bank Of America
9,321 reviews

Bank Of America Employer Reviews

All in all was an okay place to work
Sr teller (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Enjoyable place to work not much of a family feel company more like robots looking for something more honest and something with less gossip and less people trying to break you and more people trying to help you succeed
I only worked for 1 year. Not long enough. People were great to work with.
Teller (Former Employee), Burton, MIJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the people i worked with.
Cons: i could only get part time.
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Even though this industry wasn't for me.
Teller Operations Specialist
Teller Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Torrington, CTJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: under staffing at critical times
Learned how to work in a Team Setting.
Completely enjoyed knowing and working with my Co-workers.
Most enjoyable part of my job was interacting and getting to know the Customers.
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
CUSTOMER SERIVE TECH (Former Employee), lAS VEGASJanuary 22, 2015
MORE PAY IS ALL I WISH WOULD'VE TAKEN PLACE.. I LOVED GOING TO WORK IT WAS A FRIENDLY FUN INVOLVEMENT
Positive Atmosphere
Mortgage Underwriter (Retention) (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
My most recent position held with Bank of America was at a local Customer Assistance Center, where distressed mortgagor's/ would come in seeking assistance with their home loan. For many of our customer's this was one of the most difficult things that they have had to go through in their lives, however my peers along with myself did everything within our power to make them feel comfortable and at ease by making them aware of their options and informing them of the loan modification process. By educating our customer's it allowed them to feel more in control and less stressed.
Bank of America
Teller (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good money and fun environment
Cons: always customers and no time to breathe
Working at bank of America gave me more experience and the opportunity to work with amazing people. I love the diversity of people that you meet everyday. A typical day for me was coming in saying hi to everyone and then getting my money drawer and starting the day. The hardest part of the job was trying to give every customer your undivided attention. The best part of working there was getting to really understand your customers and you can hear all of their stories and how they came to be.
productive work
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: standing in one place all day
typical day at work was cash handling and waiting on customers and selling products to customers, I learned the back side of the banking industry. Management was great and always willing to help. My co workers were pleasant to work with. The hardest part of my job was being on my feet and standing in one place all day. The best part of my job was getting to know my customers and them trusting in me.
Very professional company
Teller (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Its a great work environment, very professional and with many benefits.
One of the most important things is that you are in constant training and can grow very fast in the company.
The bank opens doors to develop your career,but it all depends on your desire to grow in the company.
Ability To Learn & Advance
AVP - Business Support Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2015
The ability to learn everything I know through internal training programs and having great mentors throughout my career.
Review
Treasury Services Sr. Advisor, Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2015
No ability to grow and learn. Management holds you down from advancement. Never allowed to take a lunch.
Productive workplace
Data Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Resolved a multitude of regulatory and complaince issues.
Productive work environment
Assistant Vice President of Planning and Oversight (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: travel for the company for implementation needs
Cons: long work hours
I've typically tested applications throughout the bank and learning new systems for different Lines of Business. I've learned how to multitask with the testing needs as well as work with upper management to complete the project needs. Hardest part of the job was balancing work and home life while trying to accomplish a successful product implementation.
Work place
Mortgage Underwriter III (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2015
A great company to work for that's family oriented, with great co workers and mangers. I really enjoyed coming to workk everyday
Consistent Schedule with Great Bonus Opportunities
Account Executive/Credit Officer (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: salary plus bonuses (often) and stock options
Cons: management could have been better
As long as you are focused on getting the job done right the first time a typical day was very productive. I was promoted several times and trained in a great classroom setting with each new level of promotion. Some of the management could have been better, but the rest of my co-workers made up for what management lacked.

What I really enjoyed as an underwriter/account executive/credit officer was the reaction from my clients after their loan requests were able to be approved. For some of these people it was just an investment, but to others it was a dream come true. One lady in particular was so happy to get her dream home she sent me a fruit basket and Bank of America sent it to my house as a surprise. That really made my day. I was just as excited as she was! It was an overall great experience. I would do it all over again.
Team Environment
Consumer Banker/Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great incentives for performance
Cons: not much opportunity for advancement
provided customer service and serviced hundreds of accounts daily. Sales and service specialist. Loved the fun environment and team spirits.,....fun workplace
Working at Bank of America is professional and fun
Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: appreciation and dedication
Cons: outsourced the jobs
I enjoyed working at Bank of America because I was able to contribute my time and efforts successfully. Bank of America enlightened my skills. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and always looked forward to come to work.
too many politics, but has good work/life balance
Associate Vice President - in Equity Trading (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
too many politics. managers fight and did not get any work done....
Fun and lively place to work always a challange and games to compete with each other
Bank Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), BrunswickJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: the compentions and the pay-offs
Cons: messing up even just a little seemed like a big price to pay
When I worked at Bank of America it was called MBNA a typical day was usually fun filled. Managers always came up with games where we could compete with each other. We would sell balance transfers and get prizes for the largest dollar amount or something like that. There were contest where one team would go head to head for a month or so with another who ever won managers would serve us dinner in the conference room. The hardest part of the job for me were the remote listening or side by side then get picked apart, All you needed was one small error. Some managers made it hard on us I remember one time I ask how many more times I was going to hear about one of my sessions, not my best day. They did try to make it fun almost daily it could be a difficult job when we would call at dinner or child bonding times especially when we were outbound calling.
Good Place to Work, if they don't move your Department to another State.
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee), Simi Valley, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: close to my house
Cons: good place to work, if they don't move your department to another state
its a good place to work, if you have a Degree, and IT person...
Never a dull moment
Banking Center Manager, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: interesting clients, never the same day twice.
Cons: long hours
Heavy client interaction. Great group of people. Great incentive package.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more

Bank Of America Photos