Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Found 16,688 reviews matching the search
Decent pay, horrible hours
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel Springs, NJAugust 18, 2017
Loved my branch manager, loved my district manager, hated the hours. Working six days a week is not worth it to me. Pay was decent. PTO was generous. Benefits were affordable.
Not a fan of writing these
Contractor-Data Consultant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2017
I not a fan of writing these reviews but it is required to submit the other data so I'm writing something to fulfill the one hundred fifty character minimum.
Pros
Relaxed, trusting environment with high expectations
Cons
No work from home or casual dress for contractors (really hard to think of cons)
enjoyed our work environment
SMALL BUSINESS BANKING ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 18, 2017
very production and a friendly environment. the bank has alot of room from progress and to continue your education. My experience was learn from others and enjoyed the new programs and education learned. we had very friendly staff and very concerned manager. the bank made sure that their employees were satisfy and also wanted us to put in impu to improve the bank.
the bank also helped you to better yourself by tuition reisbustment.
they also give back to the environment and help the food drive.
Pros
purchased vaction time
Cons
health care
Work for another bank
Teller/Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2017
The culture is high pressure low reward. Not enough staff to fulfill sales goals. Making the impossible, possible is in you job description. incompetent and cowardly managers who do not have their employees backs. Easy enough sales goals, not enough resources and lack of team work will make them hard to fulfill. No commission for anyone but bankers. No real training and coaching, just intimidation.
Pros
none unless you desperately need insurance
Cons
no breaks, stressful
Stressful Environment
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 17, 2017
This position requires a lot of travel, so be prepared to be relocated. It is a stressful sales environment. Lastly, managers are unorganized, and schedule meetings with no prior notice.
Steady income
Preferred Client Relationship Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 17, 2017
It is not challenging work but essentially meaningless. Little to no recognition from management. Benefits are good. Goals are easy to reach. Management is overall accomodating
Pros
Healthcare, steady income, optional overtime
Cons
No recogniton, bad culture (no one wants to be there)
Horrible Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 17, 2017
Department I worked in was a back office support area and there was a lot of favoritism going on. Only the unit manager's friends were paid well and received special treatment. They were even allowed to leave work while on the clock to run errands for the unit Manager.
Pros
Schedule
Great Company/Brand
NA (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 17, 2017
Overall, great company/brand to be employed with. Fruitful opportunities for growth and development. Great, work/life balance, and huge positive focus on diversity with regard to employees. You will come accross the occasional leader that is checked out whos been employed with them for years on end waiting to retire, but for the most part, the leaders are great.
Pros
Cons
The occasional checked out leader you may report to.
Productive and competitive workplace
Sr. Application Packager (AVP) (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJAugust 17, 2017
Bank of America had acquired a great many financial and mortgage companies in the past decade. It is a tough challenge to integrate and standardize all computing technologies and work cultures to the BAC standard.
Pros
Well defined work process and competitive environment
Cons
Firm continues to seek cost cutting and staff reduction
Work ethic
Mortgage Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 17, 2017
To maintain the establishment with Safety and Sanitation regulations according to the policy standards. Utilizing my skills and experience in customer service
I liked working here
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for Bank of America. I left because i feel that job is made for a person that is not enrolled in school because they were unable to work around my hours.
very uptight environment
Team Lead Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2017
daily activities were very easy. The culture was very diverse and easy going. The growth opportunity was poor, they rather you take on more responsibility without more pay.
Pros
diverse
Cons
Poor pay
Customer Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIAugust 17, 2017
BOA is very caring and considerate of their employees. You get intensive and extensive training before you're on your own. You have support with you every step of the way and you're not being micromanaged
Pros
good pay, great work/life balance, support team and supervisors
Cons
short breaks
Fun environment to work for, fast pace and meet new people
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLAugust 17, 2017
Love working at Bank of America, my coworkers were amazing and supportive. We work together to meet our daily goals and try to get clients to the banker side. One of my challenge since day one was balancing but my managers gave me amazing tips on how to balance and now I am balance to zero everyday. It's Just an amazing place to work at and hours are perfect too.
Pros
Paid vacation and sick days
Cons
Friday open late
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
I completed Broker Price Opinions for Bank of America thru the internet. I liked the job very much. It provided me flexibility. This was a part time job.
Low pay and bad working conditions
Utility Clerk/Teller/Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Needles, CAAugust 17, 2017
I was laid off from the bank due to downsizing. They laid off 10 employees from the same branch. We were all right at the 10 year mark and would be fully vested. They just didn't want to give us retirement money.
Cons
Always interrupted at break time. Low pay and no job security.
Poor Upper Managment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 17, 2017
I recently had very petty experiences with management. Some managers were very bias to some people. Flexible work options were only granted to their favorites. Had a injury that required surgery. Didn't need to be on short term disability but need a few days for swelling to reduce. The surgery was a primary limb. Asked to work from home for a few days and was denied the option instead was required to use time off. Wouldn't have been a problem if others were held to the same statndard. People were working from home for pet appointments.
Operations Manager
Officer - Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 16, 2017
Initially hired as an entry-level teller; promoted quickly. Continually rewarded for job performance and exceptional customer service. Supervised tellers, scheduled work hours, resolved conflicts and advised upper management of employee development and performance. Oversaw all the operational activities including completing monthly audits, documenting findings, coaching individuals towards immediate operational and sales improvement.
Great company to work for
Teller Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 16, 2017
They're willing to train you and help you develop. Strong programs in place if you want to learn new areas of the business. They offer scholarship opportunities.
Contract at Bank of America
Devops Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 16, 2017
I enjoyed the challenges presented to me.

The engineering team I worked for had multiple business responsibility giving me lots of interesting work.

Management is good, walk you through the orientation of life here.

Starting was the hardest, does take time to get the required access.

I was able to pick up a great deal from the environment and applications I supported.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.