Bank Of America
8,178 reviews

Bank Of America Employer Reviews

dealing with obstacles
Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee), Killeen, TXSeptember 13, 2014
its a great company I just believe that some mangers need to learn how to lead by example better
Typical Big Business
GLO Instructor/NMO Advocate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2014
The Bank in no way values its employees and it is glaringly apparent with constant layoffs, never ending job realignment, rare pay increases, non existent bonuses for most departments, among other things.
All that glitters most definitely is not gold...
Unorganized management
REO AP Mortgage Service Specialists II (Former Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: friendly asthmospere
Cons: code of conduct
Great company to work for but unorganized management and bad code of conduct
Work experience
Customer Relationship Manager II (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: working with customers and co-workers
Cons: was not always able to help all customers
Rapport building/advocacy with customers. making sure the customer maximize the right party contact throughout the default management timeline. Making inbound and outbound calls to speed the resolution. In this position I was able to learn a different part of the mortgage industry. Enjoyed training associates and helping customer come to a resolution.
Great Co-Workers, But Corporate not so great
TELLER OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Manlius, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: healthcare, great coworkers
Cons: corporate, turnover rate, goals
In the individual branches you have great people you can work with in which you can make it fun. It is a very corporate based company who claims they care for customers and employees. Customers are only treated well if they have a lot of money. The goals they have set for employees in the centers are not realistic and are not easy to reach. When it – more... comes down to it employees arent treated well either. The turnover rate for this company is outrageous. The managers are pressured so much by the higher ups that they get very stressed and have no difference between their lives and work. It then shows in the banking centers with the other coworkers and even the customers can see it sometimes. – less
Decent place to work with great bennefits.
IBM Infoprint and Statement Machine Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: set work schedule, great bennefits.
Cons: not a secure possition.
Operated high speed printers for bank statements. Co-workers were great, management was decent and fair.
Great Company
SVP, Sr Client Fulfillment Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Enjoyed my time at BAML. Compensation was very good. Would recommend to others seeking to make a career change
Fouth overall in the burger industry
Business Support Manager - Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: stuck
Cons: stuck
A company that is stuck between 3-4 in the burger industry. Based in San Diego CA.
bank of america
Foreclosure specialist HOA servicing (Former Employee), West Hills CaliforniaSeptember 11, 2014
My expirience working at bank of america was good. I like that they go by the book and the bank it self treats all the same. The hardest part of the job was training. Training was not good and not long enough. I got along great with all Managers and my co-workers.
I loved working for Bank of America
Business Control Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: lots of advancement oppurtunities
Cons: lay offs
Great oppurtunity for advancement, unfortuantely a lot of lay offs.
Great company value with great employee benefits
Customer Relationship Manager II (Current Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 11, 2014
Bank of America is a great company to work for because the bank really cares about its employees. Bank of America offers great benefits to allow employees like myself to balance work and life. I work with a great team and our #1 top priority is to ensure that our customers are taken care of.
I love my job and I enjoy what i do.
Teller (Current Employee), Salinas, CASeptember 10, 2014
The most enjoyabble part of my job is that i get to meet different people from various of different parts of the country.
Past issues with management
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: onsite cafeterias
Cons: having to deal with issues not pertaining to my job.
Most of the management was superb. However, as with any large company, there were managers in place that made it very difficult for everyone.
Great job, loved my work...but
Systems Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee), Concord, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great people, great benefits.
Cons: couldn't juggle family and time requirements.
My day would be dependent on the project I was working on. Some days I could be in meetings all day gathering business requirements for the move, add or changes that were being implemented. I would coordinate with the local Telco company for installation of network lines. Telephony lines were programmed onsite in the branches. I also would handle the – more... small projects for single line/desk top equipment moves. I loved helping people and seeing them be able to be successful with their work because of my dedication to them and having successful projects. The hardest part of the job was the hours it took me away from my children. – less
Best place to work
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: work is balanced
Cons: management skills and knowlwdge could have been improved on some
Most managers are hard workers, skilled and knowledgeable. Co-workers are easy to get along with and very helpful when need arises. The hardest part of the job is when they are not organized sometimes. .
I enjoyed my time at this company.
Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Worked at Bank of America briefly. However, the work load and time allotment were not realistically compatible.
A productive workplace, comfortable environment, with lots of fun work parties
Call Center/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: fun office parties
*A typical day consisted of; Assisting bank tellers with teller positive pay issues such as, items not found [checks] items incorrect and items cashed. Duties included, use of computerized systems for tracking, information gathering, quality control and troubleshooting.
Quickly and effectively solved customer challenges. Researched and analyzed check – more... verification. Supported sales reps in opening new accounts and upgrading existing service.

*I learned how to handle teller positive pay issues.

*The management there were very nice and helpful.

*My co-workers were awesome and enthusiastic.

*The hardest part of the job was understanding the many different dialogues of the various callers.

*The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself and also the fun office parties that we had. – less
Bank of America
Operations Control Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Bank of America was a great company to work for, a typical day at work for me would always consist of a variety of general office duties. My management team was good. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was to try to complete all the different task on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a nice group of – more... people. Bank of America also helped me with personal growth, as an individual and as a professional. Bank of America helped me to develop social skills. – less
Great benefits and a fair culture
Officer; Associate Vendor Manager (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, job flexibility, team atmosphere
Cons: advancement, training, technology
In my 3 years with Bank of America I grew into a new role each year. Although the Bank has a strict rule about being in a position 12 months before moving onto something else; I have to say that my management team did everything to make sure I could get where I wanted to go once that time was up. Management itself is a bit disconnected from their particular – more... department, very few managers here have people skills. They are good at their process, but lack knowledge in how to lead their people to be good at it as well. I have to say I was pleased with the opportunities and benefits the Bank provided but was put off by the unwillingness to stray from written policy when something required a more human approach. The real problem with this company lies in the recruiting and training; if there were a category for this I would rate negative stars. Each position I went into, I was promised things that didn't exist such as the ability to work from home. When I asked about it later, HR stated that it was being considered at the time but it is ultimately up to the department to approve any MyWork (from home) positions. The training in the majority of cases consisted of a PowerPoint print out, a couple of online classes and a couple of days sitting with a random associate that did your job. Considering these were people's home loans I was working with, I would think that they would have more checks and balances when it came to training. When I would bring it up that our training needed beefing up, I would hear, "well, that's not in the budget." All in all, I'd definitely recommend Bank of America as a place to launch a career. It is a good culture with some good people trying to make the financial world better for consumers. Make sure though that everything the recruiter promises is in your employment contract before you sign it. Also a word to the wise, understand your policy and procedure guides because they will be followed to the letter when dealing with any situation. – less
Great atmosphere to work for
Operations Specialist III/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Westlake Village, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free snacks once in a while
Cons: short breaks
My daily job is always challenging. I've learned a lot of things from a to z. People are nice and professional. They treat you with respect. Most of my co - workers are fun to be with. They are mostly team player like me.
I could not say any hard work because for me I always consider them as a challenge. Everyday is always a special day because people – more... around are friendly and fun to be with. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more

Bank Of America Photos