Bank Of America
11,132 reviews

Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Stressful Department.
Customer Marketing Operations (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Management is not good.
Co-workers are very nice, this department comes with a lot of stress.
The best part about the job was the overtime and paid holidays.
Good starting position
Sales and Service specialist (Former Employee), 2250 W Michigan Ave Ypsilanti, MI 48197July 31, 2015
Pros: 40 hour work week, good work life balance
Cons: Not a lot of room for advancement, mostly just entry level positions available
Bank of America offered decent entry level positions in comparison to what most other companies would offer. Not a lot of stress, nothing seriously complicated and people could be very nice. Not a lot of room for advancement with many of the branches being sold in Michigan. However most of those branches the employees did keep their jobs.
Not very happy
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2015
I am not very happy with my current position I am a contractor that doesn't get any paid time off or any time off at that matter. I am under contract for 1 year part time no benefits and work every major holiday. I took this job because I was laid off from Chase for close to a year.
Productive fun place to meet a lot of new people.
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2015
Cashing checks, counting money, being a team player, participating in goal challenges, laughing with personal customers,the hardest part of the job was going home because we use to have so much fun.
Blah
Credit Card Marketing (Former Employee), Moosic, PAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: everything else
It is a typical bank. You help some people and some people you do not help. Your only job is to sell, sell, sell...and when you are no longer able to sell....you UPSELL. It does not matter what dept you are in. That is your only job at Bank of America. And if you do not like the position or dept that you are in...you can always post to another dept....if you don't not mind waiting 18 months to do so.

That is all.
Not for me!
Personal Banker (Former Employee), West Covina, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Training and Team Development is an area of opportunity
Great team members work here but they are not up to date with their systems separating NorCal and SoCal when I worked here. The job training is not close to your actual typical day at work so you need to be a fast-learner and observe and absorb.
Productive workplace, goal and sales driven.
Personal Banker (Former Employee), CaliforniaJuly 30, 2015
A typical work day would begin an hour and a half before the bank actually opened. There is always something to do, fix, or finish. Always a customer to call.
Management is proactive. Co-workers often work together as a team.
The hardest part of the job was occasionally having no customers to assist.
The best part of the job is being able to look a customer in the eyes, someone you have been working with for weeks through the hardest time in their life and being able to tell them that yes, you can help, yes the fees can be reversed, that they wont loose their house, or car, that you can help them get their kids to college.
Great spirit of professionalism and collaboration
Configuration Change Management Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Great professionalism, great support, good collaboration, high performing team
Cons: Inadequate work/life balance
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Bank of America and the frenetic pace of delivery. The challenge was something I savored. I was constantly encouraged to be better, more efficient, and turn around deliverables more quickly.

I personally have never worked with more professional people. The culture inspired me to continue raising the bar on performance, and I had adequate support from my team lead and manager.

My personal and social life suffered a bit because of the hours I needed to work to deliver tasks.
Great Benefits
Lockbox Clerk (Former Employee), St.Louis, MoJuly 30, 2015
Processed mail for 8 to 10 hours a day. Work force made up of 90% black females and hardly NO MEN. Required to work every weekend and some holidays. Learned how to process wholesale and retail checks on office machines.
Enterprise Customer Care Resolution CRM (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: child care benefits
Cons: management out of office
I enjoyed working for a company that was always making changes to help it's customers. We had weekly meetings making sure we all understood new produces. It also was a great time to ask any questions we might have. The hardest part of my job was not being able to give each customer what they wanted. Thankful I was given resources to explain alternative solutions.
n/a
Home Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 30, 2015
After consistently reassuring employees there were no talks of layoffs and their positions were secure, they completely blindsided over 1000 employees and let everyone go with-in only a few months after notification.
forever changing fast pace environment
Risk Operations Collector I (Former Employee), Newark DelawareJuly 30, 2015
Pros: high payout for incenitives
Cons: dealing with rude customers and taking abuse from them
a typical day at work in the collections department involves high call volume of customers who are delinquent and it will be hit or miss for the payment. Majority of customer are past due, due to a financial hardship and your job is to figure out what solution is the best for the customer.
Account Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, DEJuly 29, 2015
Bank of America is a great place to work. Good benefits and a strong focus on developing associates makes this a great place to work.
Fun job
Multi Property Process Support (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 29, 2015
Fun work place with a supportive leadership team. Its not a company that focus on numbers but the welfare of the employees and offer personal growth
Great team works and team environment.
VP; Corporate Recruiter/Enterprise Sourcer (Former Employee), Windermere FL - Home based associateJuly 29, 2015
Pros: team environment
Cons: Not all leaders inspired and trained associates for next growth opportunity.
Limited growth opportunity, however a great company.
The job is unable to be done within 50 hours per week.
A better career growth program should be implemented that actually provides results.
High pace friendly environment
Office of the C.E.O. and President (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAJuly 29, 2015
Bank of America is a very friendly and positive place to work. I was employed there for 19 years and dues to restructuring was laid off.
Fraud Claim Analyst II (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 29, 2015
Everyone at Bank of America is great they make you feel like family. Always a helping hand. Management is helpful. Co-workers are also helpful. The hardest part of the job is getting used to the systems.
Stressful workplace with high attrition rate.
Customer Service Representative Supervisor (Former Employee), East Providence, RIJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Facilities, Systems
Cons: Pay Rate, Management, Training
Fast paced call center environment with little management support, facilities are up to date and clean. Benefits and pay do not reflect work load.
I do like the company
Learning Design & Development Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2015
Design and Develop training and project management. The bank has great benefits:

Childcare reimbursement
Tuition reimbursement
Good working place
Senior Operations Representative (Former Employee), Los AngelesJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
I had a good experience working for Bank of America. Working with good people. I enjoyed working for the Bank for past 13 years. I loved my job and was good at it. My management team was always available to help.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more

Bank Of America Salaries