Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Found 14,666 reviews matching the search
SMALL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MGR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Bank Of America is a great place to work, depending on the job/ position most are great work life balance.

The Compensation is one of the best in the banking industry. Excellent benefits also.

Job Security and advancement is okay but may also depend on the office and type of job experience you had based on the location / state you live.

Bank of America has a great need to improve on internal Management promotions. They hire a lot of out side Management that has to be trained by the internal people that are better qualified for the job. Most of the managers don't know how to coach and creates a negative working experience.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
Management don't know how to coach and creates a negative working experience
No work life balance
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDJanuary 10, 2017
Bank of America is a very structure company when it comes how they run the company. As a retail banker it was totally different. they don't have a great training problem everything is virtue. banking is very hands on and it definitely needs some hands on training. also the work life balance is horrible, you don't really have the flexible to vacation when you want and also you are always getting called in on your off days because its such a high turn over rate.. Upper management doesn't understand giving employees time off or even trying to work with them on there weekly schedule unless it benefits them. Don't ever call out sick, because if you do you can potentially get written up... regardless of the situation.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
short breaks, no work life balance, no job advancement
The Job Work/Life Balance was exceptional as they were conscious of family obligations.
Senior Personal Banker- Palmetto Lakes (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2017

Compensation/Benefits was adequate as it pertained to the position you held.

Job Security/Advancement was exceptional because I had the opportunity to experience career growth at the branch I was working at in Miami Lakes

Management was easy to communicate with as I was able to contact the area manager for a client need without waiting for the branch manager to approve.

Job Culture was pleasant as all employees had a set work schedule and management was accessible.
Pros
Job culture and work environment
Cons
Not applicable during my tenure.
A Day as a Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 12, 2017

Pros
Retirement Plan
Cons
High stress level
Great place to gain financial experience
Sales Manager - Preferred Sales (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 28, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of coming and having a fire up huddle with my team to get them ready and fired up for the day, share any organizational changes, answer any of my teams questions. Sending out the daily report of the team numbers. Side by side call listening and coaching. Daily leadership meetings to discuss current and future best practices and sales goals. One on one engagement with my associates. I learned a great deal about financial services, deposit accounts, credit accounts, home loans, 401k etc.. as part of management team i can say that we had great leaders with tons of experience, we all helped each other and lead the floor as a team and not as individuals. The hardest part about the job was the work/life balance. Most enjoyable was the benefits and the coworkers you got to work side by side with everyday.
Pros
Health care, competitive pay
Cons
work/life balance
The culture of the company stands true
Business Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Bank of America stands by the core values set in place for the company. It values diversity and inclusion and teamwork. I have learned many skills from the various positions I have worked. One con about the job is the management. There are various lines of business throughout the company and each Senior executive pushes their own culture. I feel that there should one culture throughout the company. Most of that stems from all of the acquisitions and the various cultures that have been absorbed into the company. Also, there seems to constant reduction and more work but the compensation does not reflect the workload. The greatest part of job are the benefits, they are excellent.
Pros
Health Insurance Benefits
Cons
Large workload low compensation
Good place to work. Management is generally good. Layoffs have been a trend lately.
VP, Consultant - Business Technology Integration (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2017
Good company to work for with good benefits. The company culture is good. Over my 20 year span at the bank I enjoyed working for and had a great rapport with all my peers and managers except the last one. Unfortunately that ended my career with the bank.

The people were great to work with and everyone worked hard to make the bank successful. Management was generally on top of things and communicated well. Telecommuting from home was a great benefit the company offered for people whose job function allowed.

If I had an opportunity to go back, I would in a heartbeat.
Team Bank of America
Research and Adjustments Representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Typical day at work, complete my duties for the day and went around to help other Team mates to complete their duties.
I learned, I am not easily distracted and pay close attention to detail.
Management, only communicated with management if there was an issue, always told me that if they do not bother me that is good, doing everything right.
Sometimes tense work culture, not all associates really got along sometimes leading to tension, got along with everyone sometimes leaving me in an awkward position, but got thru it.
The hardest part is when I was let go as they were moving operations out of state.
Best part was all that was accomplished and learned in my time with Bank of America
Pros
Flexiability, compensation, benifits
Cons
was let go because leaving state
can be a very productive environment when synergy is developed through enclusive employee engagement efforts.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 25, 2017
The banking industry has undergone significant changes in order to remain both competitive and prosperous. Bank of America was not the exception. I personally underwent several strict training sessions throughout my career duration. I made of my work space my second home and a family of coworkers. I will always respect those professionals left behind and will hold as promised a great gratitude for a company that gave me as much as I gave back in both effort and intention.
Pros
Balanced work/personal life, 401K, Pension, Health Insurance, Office setting
Cons
few but existing and reserved for respect to overall organization
A major corporation that has declined drastically!!
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 7, 2016
Bank of America was an exceptional employer with great benefits and opportunities. However, over the past six years it has declined because of poor senior management, goals unattainable and inadequate staffing. The culture is only focused on sales with no work life balance and if the sales are not delivered the consequences are extreme. The hardest part of the job is there are too many focuses, and the change is moving faster than anyone can keep up with. The customers are always screaming and acting out in the lobbies, and the staff is stressed out. It's sad what a great company they once were and the employees are not appreciated or valued.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Poor Senior Management
A Fantastic place to work
Executive Assistant/Business Support Admin (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAFebruary 25, 2017
I LOVED working for the Bank of America. Working there has allowed me to experience many different aspects of assisting. I've had an amazing time working for several levels of management and have learned how to adapt to a changing culture, implement my skills towards providing excellent service and built friendships that will last throughout the years. The workplace culture is honest, fair, fun and family orientated. The hardest part of the job was leaving and the most enjoyable part of the job was serving excellent management teams.
Pros
Workplace environment, excellent management, training, benefits, etc.
Cons
They tend to hire and layoff a lot
Good place to work with diverse and professional environment
VP, Senior Operations Manager - Compliance (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 22, 2017
Over the past few years, Bank of America has worked very hard to improve its available benefits as well as the culture of work/life balance. The latter has been a little slow in developing. Departments are notoriously understaffed, while certain management levels are being filled with inexperienced and, in many cases, under-qualified personnel.

However, the company (beginning at MBNA) had afforded me tremendous opportunities to succeed and grow over a 23 year career with them.
Horrible Place to Work
Operations control analyst (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 22, 2017
I worked for Bank of America for almost six years. The company is constantly laying off their best staff and hiring incompetent people for positions of power. They do not provide training for manager which is a disaster for employees. When you raise your concerns about your job to management they will find any reason and make up fake policies in order to fire you. They lie and manipulate you and make you feel like your best is not good enough. You could be at the top of your department and never receive acknowledgement. If you value your dignity you would not work here.
Pros
Daycare reimbursement
Cons
incompetent management
productive workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 22, 2017
Working for Bank of America was my greatest experience. I learned a lot. BOA offers student reimbursement and many other benefits for its employees. The environment is strict in terms of privacy, and of course it has to be. No phone allowed while at work.
The hardest part of the job is sales. The company expects you to sale and reach your goals. Otherwise, you will have to go to conference calls and couching.
You have to adapt to changes because Bank of America changes its regulations/policies often in order to provide a better and secure service for all its clients.
Assessments, quizzes, and a lot of links to read are required at this company. Overall, I enjoyed working at Bank of America, all these challenges such as assessments, sales, privacy, goals, daily coaching, at the end are very beneficial for your career path because it helps prepare yourself for the next job opportunity.
Benefits
Cons
sales
Great Place
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RIFebruary 15, 2017
Bank of America was awesome to work for as a company.

They provide great benefits, awesome pay, great work life balance and awesome opportunities for advancement.

The down side is management is very in experienced and cannot manage a group very well.

Hiring process is normally done by if you know someone and then they hire their friends etc.

The other down side is you never know where you stand within the company. They do several layoffs each year it is scary you never know if you are going to be next on the chopping block or not.
Great work/life balance
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Brevard County, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Bank of America is one of the only companies that I know of that provides child care assistance for employees who have to have their children in daycare or after school care while they're at work, they provide not only maternity (and extended maternity leave) but paternity leave as well. They also have a tuition reimbursement program, an employee assistance hotline, competitive 401k program and countless other benefits.
Pros
Awesome benefits/amazing co-workers/work/life balance
Cons
Better communication between upper management and banking center leadership
Great place for anyone looking to start a career
Manager (Current Employee) –  DelawareJanuary 18, 2017
Although, not beneficial in the long term, Bank of America is a great place for those entering or re-entering the job market.

A highly competitive company with lots of movement opportunity if you're willing to not move up the corporate ladder.

Bank of America does pay significantly less than their competitors, but does offer 3 weeks of vacation to start, 80 hours of sick time and health benefits.

As they hire within for most roles, you may often find yourself working under a recent peer which can be difficult at times.

If you're looking to build your resume, this is a great start.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and Management
Best place to work and cultivate your professional career
Implementations Engineer/Initiatives Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2016
Most professional and career developing environment that I have every worked!!!! A typical work day was finding more ways to help grow the business while improving and building my career. Management at every level was so encouraging, engaged and most importantly interested in your personal development. The opportunities were unlimited throughout the better part of my tenure with BOA. Unfortunately, I had worked on the expense side of the IT business and to my dismay was impacted by a merger/acquisition Work Force Adjustment. They provided a very nice severance package which helped to lesson the disappointment. However, I would have easily traded it for the opportunity to continue my career with BOA. IT was by far the greatest job I have ever held to date!
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Training, Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Growth pains as a result of multiple mergers and acquistions
Learned a lot through the years
Risk Management Analyst - Vice President (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 12, 2017
While at Bank of America, I have learned a lot throughout the last 17+ years. From being a Collector to being a Call Center Manager to being in Governance and Risk, I've always known there was something new behind each door. The work life balance can be difficult, but the flexibility that is offered within most positions, has been a savior. Banking is a unique industry, and has changed tremendously over the years.
Pros
Flexibility, onsite fitness center, salary, benefits
Cons
work life balance, inconsistent management philosphies
Bank of America
Assistant VP/Manager Savannah Cash Vault Services (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 16, 2017
While working in a Cash Vault you:

Process of commercial deposits delivered by armored car.
Provide change orders for customers and banking centers.
Prepare shipments for Federal reserve
Make sure you are in balance everyday.
I was in the vault for 23 years with Bank of America.
Savannah site culture was great. Had a great team and very supportive management.

I have always loved working with numbers, research and banking in general.
Pros
Good people to work with, benefits and received raises.
Cons
Sold Cash Vaults to GardaWorld.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.