Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great Job
Team Proof Leader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2017
This was great starter job for me. I learned a lot bout banking and operations. The on the job training taught me so much. I also develop a lot of friendship that I still cherish to this day
Dedicated Service Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2017
Always work to do. New things to learn. Sometimes workload not equally shared among team. Clients could have been spread out more across teams. The teams were great to work with.
Nightly position
Housekeeping Director (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VASeptember 19, 2017
Work took place after banking hours. Managing other employees at their positions and supervising tasks. Reporting all information to manager by the end of the shift.
Mortgage Specialist/ Originations (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Great place for career growth. Great staff members and outstanding management staff. I would certainly recommend Bank of America as one of the Best companies to work for.
summary
Loan Review Analyst III Reps / Warrants (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 19, 2017
Bank of America acquired Countrywide. Long hours many hats to be worn. Opportunity to learn available. Very good group of people to work for in general
Good Company, but Brain Drain
Senior Fraud Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 19, 2017
Many opportunities for advancement
Good amount of paid time off
Relaxed dress code
Great company benefits, but low compensation compared to local competitors - lost a great deal of talented employees to competition
Pros
Paid time off, Maternity/Paternity
Relationship Banker
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORSeptember 19, 2017
If you want to learn and start off as a bus. major this is a great stepping stool. Bank of America is a great company to work for, they provide so many perks and you take a lot for working in a branch for your own finacial life
I loved working at BOA Home Mortgage Department
SENIOR COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Standard full time hours weekly. Management was fair, stern but nice and professional. it is a fast paced environment with challenging and complex customer and associate issues. Co-workers are team players and are openly and willingly to help assist you when needed.
I relocated from the call center in north Texas to central
Texas for family reasons. There are no call centers near where I currently so I transferred to a stand alone branch. If there were a call center here I would definitely go back.
Productive, Innovative
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
Bank of America is a good place and organization to work for/at. However, I am open and interested in other opportunities within the banking/financial industry as well.
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Great Place to work if you are passionate on sale and hitting your goals. You need to find your own way out to move up as the career development lacks in resources.
Fairly status quo work place - not a strong leadership culture
Consultant - Sr. Project Mgr (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2017
The company culture has become very politically correct, very supportive of all things progressive, good for some but not very balanced. In terms of management, there is a stronger expectation of delivery of, but not much expectation of good people management or real leadership. On the upside It is a reasonable place to work, people are generally friendly and helpful. Being a very large corporation there is a great deal of bureaucracy, so there are many challenges on getting things setup, or getting appropriate access, etc... All in all it is reasonably good place to work but don't go in with a high expectation of meritocracy or the hope of "promote from within".
Decent place to work depending on the department
Sr. Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Decent place to work. Prefer back office roles as they are more lax. If you work directly with customers typically the environment is more stressful. Claims is the best role I've experienced
Pros
mostly surrounded by good people
Cons
some departments are looking to weed people out
need opportunity to grow
Centralized Service to Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2017
No opportunity to grow. If you want to apply for a position within the company, they prefer for you to have experience instead of teaching you so you could have the experience.
N/a
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2017
I worked with Bank of America for 2 years An never got a raise I tried to work as hard as I could. I learned a lot as far as myself An my patience my customer service skills
We had occasional snacks, potlucks, contests for prizes
Data Entry Operator II (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXSeptember 18, 2017
Things have changed from the BOA, since I came back some good things has been added . The part I like is they allow you to growth by providing on-line training, cross training in other departments.
Pros
Potlucks, free snacks, online training, weekly huddles
Cons
N/a
job was not secure and emplyees where not well compensated
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 18, 2017
management was not helpful, asked to do job duties that we where not paid for. always worried if we would be laid off. pay was not accurate with we where asked to complete
Work Environment Condusive for Growth
Foreclosure Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 18, 2017
The work environment is very professional. It is business casual with a cafeteria and a work -out facility on site. The company is exceptional at training its employees and giving them the resources in order to be successful at their job requirements. The management is generous in expressing appreciation for a job well done. There are designated areas allocated specifically for the smokers, so that non smokers are not forced to the exposure. It is a great place to work! There is definitely the opportunity for work/life balance at the Addison Bank of America location
As much beauracracy as you'd expect
Senior Data Scientist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Impossible to get even simple things done in technical roles. Also, I don't appreciate Indeed forcing me to give a review of this position. Unusual to have something anonymous that is required.
Fun at times stressful at others due to sales pressure
Preferred Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Fast paced and stressful at times due to sales pressure. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and helping them to accomplish what they need to be done financially.
Cons
Stressful Sales Dept
no comment
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  James Island, SCSeptember 18, 2017
I do not want to comment on my experience with this company but be warned they play favorites and unless your in a group of friends no one will have your back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval