Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Found 13,702 reviews matching the search
Great Learning Ground for Me
Senior Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 5, 2016
I started with the company in the Countrywide days and was with the organization until earlier this year. While I was able to work hard and climb the corporate ladder it was a very demanding process and the culture to do more with less was continual and grinding. I am grateful for the time I spent at the Bank but the next few years will be those of continued consolidation, limited advancement and subdued compensation adjustments.
Pros
Great learning environment, great people, decent comp
Cons
speed at which decisions are made and actions are taken, amount of additional overlays and oversight
Excellent work environment with room to improve
Client Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJOctober 25, 2016
I have been in my current role for about 2.5 years and although i love the culture or where I work there is room for improvement. The compensation needs to better reflect the amount and quality of the work we do. Management also does not clearly communicate with the associates. Benefits are good and there is a lot of ability to move around despite not having a clear path for advancement within my current role
Pros
Not overbearing metrics, work with great people, lots of community service opportunities
Cons
short breaks, not enough compensation, no clear advancement outlined
Productive and fun environment.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Meriden,CTNovember 2, 2016
A typical day at the office would be all the associates gathering 15 minutes prior to opening to conduct our operations and sales meetings.As a Sales leader I would state what area I need help with in order to meet or exceed my sale goals. I listen to the concerns my Customer Service Representatives have and come up with solutions with them to possibly over come certain objectives. I then set my expectations of referrals from each CSR and express my commitment I have to help them reach their referrals. Management leaders are extremely supportive and generous. Every other Friday the Financial Center Leader would bring in breakfast or buy lunch for the team. What made working at Bank of America so enjoyable through my tenure are the relationship I built with clients.
Benefits
If you like requirement changes and being in the dark, this place is for you
Video Teller Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 14, 2016
Peers are great but good Managers (who will take the time to explain policy, benefits and other personal items) are extremely few and far between. Any of the above you need to know must be done on your own time (lunch or break) and though you do get personal leave there are strings attached that you need to make sure you understand from BOA's perspective before you need the time away. For your work shift and vacation there is a bid system in place but management does not seem to adhere to what is requested there.
Pros
Pay is good on the required work side
Cons
Pay is NOT so good considering the value they place on the individual as opposed to the entity, Your status changes EVERY day just like their threshold for excellent work.
Mortgage Specialist II Collector (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 19, 2016
A typical work day ready to make or receive that first call of the day. Check portfolio. Check the messages left on the answering service and put on a telephone log sheet to return the call as requested from the customer. Check email .Prepare documents to send to customers to have signed and returned.I learned that it I learned that it is very important to follow through on your work because it may make a difference in a person livelihood.Management was very knowledgeable in company policies and procedures.My co-workers were team players willing to assistance at any given time.The hardest part of the job was to deliver bad news. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help the customer with a resolution w
Pros
401k, Monthly insentive, Morning hours
Cons
Parking
Speed and efficiency
Officer, Loans Review Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CASeptember 27, 2016
Professional environment with wide array of daily routines, meaning, I have be alert at all times due to the multi task functions in performing qualify assurance responsibilities. I have developed being a chameleon in completing my different tasks in a very efficient manner. Sr. management has been supportive and pro active with the day to day changes we have been encountering due to policy amendments, procedural modifications and investors' requirements. It is all about achieving not only the personal goal but likewise the team's accomplishments. Each of the associates have big parts in accomplishing what is needed to be done in a positive manner. We collate suggestions to better the process and procedures and disseminate ideas to the different line of business we are reviewing. Every single day offers different challenges that I have to master into opportunities to improve my critical thinking which benefits the company.
benefits
Cons
limited growth in career
Excellent job, benefits,and pay, no job security as expected due to layoffs
Real Estate Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2016
A typical day at work was leaving my house with my appraisal orders previously set up for the days schedule. After inspections and having some lunch, I would head back home and type up appraisals. After completing work and turning in, time for phone calls to set inspections. I learned how to handle various situations concerning appraisal, management, scheduling, conditions affecting value, navigating the streets and freeways, avoiding traffic and hazards along the way. Management, as with most in house appraisal departments was average. The best part was being shielded from any adversity that is usually caused by anyone involved in the financing and/or sale of the property appraised. The co-workers were great as far as I know. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to schedule and type up work at home.
Pros
Receiving and submitting work by computer from home, Great pay
Cons
A whole lot of taxes taken out
Not what it used to be
Sr. Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2016
B of A used to be more associate driven. They cared more about employee satisfaction but now it is all about the bottom line. They have cut back so much that the company is just a shell of itself and long time associates are taking their talents elsewhere. Annual bonuses are becoming extinct in all departments yet profits are in the billions. You'll be lucky to get more than a 3% annual raise. Basically you will be underutilized with no advancement opportunities
Pros
benefits are awesome, teammates are nice
Cons
no advancement opportunities, pay is stagnant, high turnover, management is flawed
Challenging place to learn, grow, and deal with constant change
SVP (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2016
Challenging place to learn, grow, and deal with constant change. Great coworkers but management can be a challenge to deal with. After years of mergers/acquisitions, the company is in desperate need of updating its systems but is unwilling to make the necessary investments until regulators force their hand. Challenging environment that I find fulfilling but constant reorganization attempts leave everyone worried about being the victim of the next round of layoffs.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers. challenging and promotes personal growth
Cons
regulation, unwillingness to make necessary technology investment, job security
work in progress with change a lot of work to do.
Process Senior Operations Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2016
Bank of America allows some associates to work from home, which i am a part of right now. This allows me to get more work done and be more effective. They also have a very good carrera site with a very good job search if you wish to stay within the Bank.

There are a number of outreach programs that helps the communties at large. They donate an lot to needy programs thoughout the country as well.

They are consistiently changing to upgrade policies and procedures to make the bank as a whole a better platform for those who to work.

They conduct yearly associates surveys to get their opinions but I must admit they don't always follow-up on a lot of the promises surveys.
Pros
Health Benefits, matching 401K, Flex working schedule, My Work ( ability to work from home )
Cons
internal politics and lack of guidances by managers
Productive Work Enviornment, no Micro Managing
Research and Adjustment Representative II (Current Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 15, 2016
A typical day is usually very busy and fast paced. I've learned how to be flexible as change in procedures occur daily. Management is usually fair. My co-workers are great, lots of team building. Hardest part of the job would be meeting the daily required numbers without diminishing the quality of the work. The most enjoyable part is that you are assisting and making sure that the customers financial needs are met as they go through the lost of a loved one.
Pros
Health care, 401K, childcare reimburstment
Cons
Compensation, Advancements
Exceptional Coorporate Organization
Management Trainee/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 17, 2016
Employees are rewarded for their hard work, opportunities for advancements, Cultural Diversity, Great benefits, respect to their employees and clients, unity, they gave the feeling of a family environment even though it was a big organization, great knowledgeable management and staff, they believed in training and educating their staff so they could grow with the company. I loved this job.
Pros
The opportunity to grow, keep employees educated on new technologies, and the companies culture.
Cons
I was laid off due to a merge
Not the best place to be
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 9, 2016
Bank of America is not concerned about their employees or providing opportunities for advancement. They will quickly layoff worthwhile employees without hesitation. Their main focus is the bottom line.

A typical day at work is mundane and full of office politics.

The only good thing i can say is that they have excellent benefits but that is more than likely to make up for the sub par pay. Other companies just seem to put a lot more into providing a great work culture while Bank of America fails at it.
Benefits
Cons
pay, employee moral, poor management teams
Relationship Manager
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2016
Unfortunately, Bank of America held relationship managers to unreachable sales goals. Think of what happened with Wells Fargo; I personally discovered falsehoods and many cheaters of the system if you will. I found the environment extremely negative and felt like a used car salesman rather than a financial advisor. In addition, due to business need, I (everyone) was mandated to work six days a week. On the flipside, the benefits are excellent!

I elected to leave Bank of America after six months. I felt six months was enough time to gain a full understanding of the culture.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Sales goals came before cunstomer needs. Mandatory overtime and no breaks for some employees.
Bank of America Review
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 4, 2016
Bank of America is a nice company to work for. The benefits are outstanding and you will be recognized for working hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is simply what I do in helping clients meet their financial goals, which I enjoy.

The hardest part is upper management and promotion potential. The procedures change often which is understandable, however there is not clear reason for the change which makes explaining change to clients who are considering other banking options more difficult. The potential to advance is limited. Only about 40% of the employees internally will start from the bottom and be promoted to management. 60% of management are promoted from other financial institutions or completely different lines of business.

I've learned a lot about managing finance and building good relationships with banking. However if you don't brag a lot about your accomplishment and the job you're doing, management will not show that they appreciate what you do with promotions. Usually they'll only give you a shout out during a weekly call.
Intelligent, professional and kind people in the environment.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2016
Overall it was a great place to work. The compensation was in the low range at first but through my 8 years there, it progressively increased. The stability level was low. Management changed much of the time, many lay offs several times a year. People employees needed to (scurry) to find another job within in time before the previous team was completely dispersed within the company. Work life balance was ideal.
Pros
Healthy work environment and great work/life balance.
Cons
Volitile in stability.
Productive workplace
Customer Service/Collectors I (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2016
•A typical day at work was consistently busy.
•I learned into depth information in regards to bank accounts and the company itself
•Management was fantastic, always willing to help.
•Co-workers were fantastic.
•Hardest part of the job was getting the customer to commit to their payment arrangements.
•The most enjoyable part of the job was gratitude of the company, as well as the awarded incentives and gestures theywould give us employees.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Difficult expectations of score boards, their pressure to reach goal in a certain time frame or results would end in loss of job
Sub par management
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NC 28601August 10, 2016
Management at branch offices are unprofessional, job duties are vague, expectations of jobs are vague. Everyone has a save myself attitude. Training via video and virtual web sessions is sub-standard and does not adequately prepare employees for their jobs. Management will not help new hires with in's and out's of their jobs.Job expectations and specific job duties are vague and/or not revealed. Witnessed management falsifying information given to upper management, also is a culture where management is inconsistent regarding company policy among different individuals (favoritism runs rampant).
Benefits
Cons
Everything other than benefits
Skill building and fast paced environment
Preferred Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RINovember 28, 2016
A typical day at work is a day filled with engaging clients in a conversation surrounding any current needs as well as probing to learn more about their financial and life goals, so that I could provide expertise and recommendations based on their needs, with integrity. I always seek feedback from management and my co-workers based on our belief in our abilities to provide 360˚ coaching support and feedback.I have learned many things, including the need for guidance to see where else I can use improvement will allow me to not just perform on a Meets Expectations basis, but also on an Exceeds Expectations basis, as well how I can help provide the feedback as well. One of the more challenging aspects of my job can be living up to my own expectations for excellence in the different metrics of my position. The best part of my job is working with my colleagues as a team, and being able to celebrate the success of the team.
Pros
superior benefits, 401K match, and uncapped potential for growth and opportunity
Cons
sales goals
Wonderful place to work
Assistant VP; Cons Prod Strat Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 1, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Bank of America for 10 year. In my experience, all my managers have been excellent. Opportunities to learn new skills is important to me and I have been fortunate to be able to take advantage of all the training offered.

It is unfortunate that the area of the company where I work is the old Countrywide Mortgage business. During the recession , this business was growing as we worked through the inventory of defaulted loans. Now that it all under control and head count is decreasing back to normal levels. I have been informed my job is being cancelled. So it is with regret that I am looking for employment elsewhere.
Pros
Good people, excellent management, great benefits
Cons
Currently in a downsizing phase of businesss. Insecure jobs