Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Found 17,426 reviews matching the search
Stressful and Long Hours
Sr. Business Control Specialist, Officer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 15, 2017
The company is still going through layoffs. Multiple roles are being combined into 1 due to decreased FTE without increasing pay. A lot of uncertainty remains and company moral is low.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
stressful, long hours most days, annual increases do not come close to cost of living increases
cut throat
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 15, 2017
cut throat. poor management. leadership was lacking to say the least. CEO is questionable in ethics as one can see due to recent declines in clients and his own salary.
Competative
Collector I (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking with customers and helping them improve their lives.It constantly is changing and for the better. I learned how to effectively improve my computer skills.
Balanced place that gives you good work life balance
Product Manager CRAFT (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2017
Technological innovation is not that fast at Bank of America. It can be improved.
Things move at glacial pace and lot of projects requiring cutting edge technology don't get funded.
People are good and pleasant to work with.
Productive and fastpace environment
Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2017
At Bank of America a typical day was customers requesting to receive paperwork for lost titles and to have liens released on their vehicles. The information had to be researched through DMV.
Fast paced
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2017
Bank of America is a Fast paced environment. They will keep you very busy and the company is extremely competitive. If you have that type of competitive spirit then definitely this company is for you.
Great place for young people
AVP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2017
If you're fresh out of college, 22-27 years old, this is the best place to work. They have a great rotation program and teach you a lot of advanced Excel skills and give you a lot of different product knowledge. This program is cutthroat and the future leadership of the firm usually comes from there. However, for 27+ hired from outside the rotation program, and especially for parents, there is no hope of career advancement or raises. Benefits for parents are minimal versus competition. Other Wall Street firms have onsite free daycare.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Little career advancement
What have you done for me lately
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 14, 2017
I learned in my low level position, it's demanding & stressful. I can only image what its like the higher you get. It's 100% sales, do not be fooled. We are supposed to suggest products & solutions based off of the needs of the customers, but when your back is against the wall & your facing high goals, it's easy to force feed a product just to hit your numbers. I can honestly see why Wells Fargo got into the trouble that they did.
benefits
Cons
stress, high goals, unrealistic expectations
good team
contractor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 14, 2017
I mostly use EXCEL and SQL to pull and compare data from different sources and periods, document findings and issues. Good team and flexible manager, which is much appreciated.
Pros
flexible manager
Cons
as a contractor, not included in everything
Vice President / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 14, 2017
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is a great place to work. The flexible work options allow a balance between family and work. Work Environment was friendly and management communicated well.

Want to know more about Bank Of America?

Ask a question
Very fast paced
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 14, 2017
The company provides an appropriate compensation but the environment is very fast paced and can be quite stressful particularly with the significant reduction of staffing and continuous restructure of management.
not great
PREFERRED RELATIONSHIP SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2017
Very good if you need money and don't mind having your soul sucked out to get it. Working for BofA has been the text-book definition of working in corporate america in all the worst ways.
Pros
amazing paternity leave - 6 months after working there for a year
Cons
had to work there for a year, Management doesn't know what they are doing half the time with no real relation to the team, To their credit they are over-worked and under appreciated too, It's really upper-management that needs to dig their head out of the sand and fix BofA
Staffing
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Hellertown, PAOctober 14, 2017
BOA has great benefits! BUT It is becoming very challenging for the staff in the direction that the company is going. Billions are make each quarter and very little trickles down to the worker ants who are making it for the company.
sales goals
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAOctober 13, 2017
expected daily sales, overall it is a good place to work for as long as management is respectful of associates. Must be full-time in order to get promoted.
Worked in many areas
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 13, 2017
I loved working at bank of America. I was trained in flex group. I completely enjoyed this department because we were trained in every department of the mortgage company. I was trained in customer service, documents (making sure all necessary documents were in mortgage file), payments (applied incoming payments to mortgage), some collection calls. The best part was working and learning all areas of mortgage banking
ok
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 13, 2017
ok, no comments. work atmosphere is not great. too tooo mush sales pressure. competing with each other in side the bank. benefits are great. but to much sales pressure.
Great experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAOctober 13, 2017
I loved working for B of A even though it was fast
paced environment it was fun cause everybody get
along, it was a team work all the time. Manager was
more like a coach.
Very good school you learn a lot
Teller, Teller Supervisor, BC Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 13, 2017
Very good company to create a career. It is a world class customer service company, respectful environment, it is a big family you end up spending more time than with your own.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
sometimes is stressful
Working With Management/Peers
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RIOctober 13, 2017
Upper management was very hard to work with. My managers were deficient in team leadership and knowledge. Some managers knew what they were doing as others surely did not simply because lack of computer knowledge. Working closely with my peers/ coworkers was the most important resource as a new employee for myself. Also I really enjoyed the diversity groups inside of BOA. Those are really helpful to network and meet different people throughout your facility.
Pros
Pay Rate, Peers, Diversity Groups
Cons
Management, Breaks, Knowledge Share
True Diversity & Inclusion
Senior Business Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 13, 2017
This was the best place I've ever worked! I was apart of the huge layoff a few years ago and have been trying to get back into the bank since I left. If you can get in...GO FOR IT!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.