Bank Of America
10,344 reviews

Bank Of America United States Employee Reviews

worst
Financial Service Officer (Current Employee), Newport News, VAMay 5, 2015
Worst place to work for! I would never advise anyone to work there. Bank of America does not help it's customer nor it's employees.
I already wrote a review on this
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: love it
Cons: none
Great place to work: Great pay, benefits, oppurtunities for advancements, willing to work with you on hours and great people.................................................................................................................................................................................
Trying not to complain but...
Bankruptcy specialist BK loss mitigations (Former Employee), Addison TxMay 5, 2015
Pros: Helped me understand banking and bankruptcy roles
Cons: Bad corp. decisions
BOA was a good company starting out I worked there for, learned alot along the way. However the unexpected layoffs played an over all role on how I feel about BOA. Especially when we were consistanly told that we had a job up until the next.
Great company
Customer Service and Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 5, 2015
I enjoyed working here for 13 years.

I worked with great people and learned so much.

The environment was stressful at times, but the people I worked with made it all better and worthwhile.
Oustanding work place for growth and professional development
Teller/Sales Rep (Former Employee), Woodland hills, CaMay 5, 2015
Pros: professional development, managment, financial knowledge, customers
Cons: pay
At Bank of America, I would organize cash boxes, give excellent customer service for all banking transactions, and consistency increase my sales daily. Was top in branch sales while working for Bank of America and top 10% in the region
Advancement
Branch Manager & Treasury Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: Health and family benefits
Cons: Mistreatment of branch workers
BofA is a great places to work if you are looking for career advancement however having worked in retail for 6 years then transitioning over to corporate I quickly learned the corporate associates are much more rewarded and valued compared to retail. Like most major corps BofA caters to the wealthy clients and leave the scraps for everyone else. It is a very cutthroat environment, the banking center's goals are outrageous, the bonuses in retail suck, they work those poor retail people like slaves (no breaks, lack of staff, etc) and the people working in corporate talk down about the retail workers. I've witnessed first hand a corporate banker telling a client that everyone in retail is stupid very disgusting. There is a serious disconnect between the banking center and the rest of the company. I truly feel bad for those stuck in retail although it is a great environment for learning BofA does not value them at all.
work as a contractor
Consultant (Former Employee), pennington, NJMay 5, 2015
Pros: no discrimination at all
Cons: short breaks
Lot to learn on daily basis.
Good cooperation with the management
friendly atmosphere
team work when the problem occurs
Great Benefits
Teller (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 4, 2015
The hourly pay for a teller could be better, but I cant complain about the benefits. The company treats you well, also. Working at small branch was great, team work goes easily and you can balance
work/life well.
Great place to work with
Mortgage Servicing Specialist II (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: job security
Great place to work with depending on the department you work for. Loan modifications and home retention jobs are being eliminated left and right.
BAC - Review Summary
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: MyWork Program (work from home) for 3 years; reducing the individual carbon footprint was keen.
Cons: No more merit raises.
The mission statement and company culture 'Help Make the Bank Great' was very effective and introduced throughout 2013. I believe they practiced the approach the Bank proclaimed. It was a good time work in the Factory Development Team and practice collaboration with Associates who also felt empowered and were held accountable for assigned tasks. The managers in the IT department were courageous enough to be good leaders and practiced employee recognition campaigns to get their appreciation noted.
fun workplace
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2015
Really enjoyed my co-workers and the job i had within the company. Only wish that i hadn't gotten laid off. I would go back in a heartbeat
General office job
Customer Relationship Manager II (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 4, 2015
A typical day at work is being on the phone from days begining to days end. managers are good. coworkers are good. There isnt much enjoyable about this job but they pay is decent.
Dont Work Here
Teller (Former Employee), Moultrie, GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Family benefits and insurance was great
Cons: No job security, poor managerment
Overall the job itself and the tellers i worked with was great. Management and the company is a whole different story. Constantly changing managers and never knowing what direction the company is heading. One month your told to advise or push customers toward this product and the next its something else. They would also cater too much to the wealthy. In my experience BOA does not care for the individual .
Great place
Reporting & Analytics-Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Hopewell, NJMay 4, 2015
Great place to work with alot of room for advancement. Very professional invironment and a great employer to start a career with.
Constant Change in upper management
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2015
Really enjoyed working for the company. However the constant change in upper management was not good for daily productivity goals, or employee moral. Limited resources were available to get the job done, and upper management wanted action plans but were not held accountable to ensure the overall success of the employee or the department that they oversaw. This became tiresome in having to constantly followup with your boss to get the resources only to be let down, or blown off. But ultimately held accountable for the bosses short comings, and lack of involvement.
Customers not priority.
Bank Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMay 3, 2015
Being told customers were the top priority this was not the case. Working with people with mortgages was especially difficult. Goals reached by some centers questionable.
Vice President, Equity Research Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 3, 2015
Good culture, collaborative

Good people

Opportunities available if you're ready for it

Management changes too often though
Sigh!
Professional Teller (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: short breaks, associates are not genuinely appreciated.
Overworked and underpaid. My co-workers are the most enjoyable part. Hardest part are actually the district managers and execs.
Great company to work for, opportunity for enhancement. Sales driven , customer fucus is key.
Assistant Bank Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 3, 2015
Daily Morning Huddle, review prior day results, recognize employees for job well done, motivate others, have each share their best practices , role play. Review operations , updates and get commitments.
productive and community workplace
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 3, 2015
Cons: almost no break times during the day, because the branch was too much busy and they dont have enough staff.
Daily work includes identifying referral opportunities, processing transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures, connecting customers to resources, teammates and specialists to meet their financial needs, making customers aware of convenient self-service banking options, identifying and minimizing risk.
I learned a lot from the job when I just started, e.g. how to handle cash, problem solving, and even how to handle with customers. The teammates supported each other when we need help.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more

Bank Of America Salaries