Bank Of America Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,671 reviews matching the search
BofA Experience
RESEARCH & ADJUSTMENTS REP III (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 26, 2016
You can never get a true answer from anyone. Everyone wings it there. Employees know more than the managers. Raises are change. That's just a little bit of what's wrong.
fast pace, productive
Frauds Initiation Claims Analyst / Non (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 26, 2016
Fast pace environment
fawned upon for making human mistakes
Understaffed
Policy and Procedures are unfair to customers
shady
Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 26, 2016
I worked in the Small Business Dept in the Newark office. The job itself wasn't that bad. I just wasn't used to dealing with angry horrible customers all the time. After that, the job got pretty easy. HOWEVER, management changes a lot. My first two managers and interim mangers were great and helped me a lot. My last manager was a snake and had me fired. It was the worst experience of my life. I would never bank with them and I would NEVER work for Bank of America EVER AGAIN. Horrible horrible horrible.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sub par pay, shady management, no loyalty.
Awsome Company.
Property Preservation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 26, 2016
Supervise a team of 15- 20 Property Preservation Specialists ensuring default properties are preserved efficiently and in accordance with investor, insurer and internal guidelines. Setting team goals and objectives. Monitoring, tracking and reporting results. Hiring, coaching, counseling and training. Conducting performance evaluations and salary reviews. Ensuring established productivity and quality standards are met. Conducting portfolio audits in order to determine compliance, integrity and timeliness of the property preservation processing. Implementing new procedures which may be required due to changes in the regulatory environment. Monitoring daily work-flow. Recommending ways to improve the team/ departmental processes while minimizing loss exposure. Evaluating training and development needs of staff. Providing appropriate opportunities for advancement and career paths.
Excellent benefits, some overtime and room for growth.
Data Processor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2016
Pleasant place to work, excellent benefits. Some positions don't require much experience the are will to train in many positions. Also good place to work if you just want part time.
Na
Operations Team Manager / Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2016
There is always room for improvement in any company. The work environment was common. I would go back if there was a position for me.
Great inconsistencies
Contract Sr. Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2016
Great inconsistencies below Executive Management. Disparate Departments and Divisions not working together. I learned most processes are non-existent or non-document.

Trying to find someone that knows all facets of a system is like finding a needle in a haystack. Each SME has their own expertise for only one part of the tool or function. Most of the internal people recognize this and are frustrated too.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I have the privilege of working with throughout the bank. They are eager to help and learn.
Pros
Nice offices and one of the Worl's largest networks.
Cons
Traffic to get downtown, paying to park and low salary compared to competitors.
Learn how to keep track of inventory then became an Analyst
Analyst for Transaction Clearing (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 25, 2016
Started in the Inventory Department for a couple of years then got promoted to an Analsyt to import files and transfer files then balance them.
Pros
Had 1 hour lunches
Cons
had a huge break room with tv's.
Worked with a major bank convincing them to buy our products.
Principal (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2016
Led the Northwest for US fixed income corporates, covering Microsoft. GE Capital, State of Montana, Mellon Capital, and USAA among others.
consistent
mrtgage resoution specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 25, 2016
management is consistent- training is always available, - employees treated fairly, -and kept up to date about any changes or improvements, scheduled, weekly and monthly training available-
professionalism is stressed. team leaders always ready to help
Pros
working environment
Cons
location

Want to know more about Bank Of America?

Ask a question
High stress level of meeting metrics, co-workers friendly, managers approachable.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 25, 2016
I have never worked in a metrics system, and the pressure to keep high metrics is very difficult. However, the company has worked as well they could when I was struggling with severe illness. I am thankful for how much they did for me
Pros
minor acknowledgements via emails, health benefits amazing
Cons
work load is high stress, metric system is everything.
interesting perspective on customer service
TELLER/ VAULT CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXMay 24, 2016
Its supposed to be a customer service environment, however with the move to being more centered around sales, the added stress on the employees is not worth sacrificing good customer service.
daily routine
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2016
Working at Bank of America I've learned how to handle large amounts of money. New Computer software and other ways of reaching customers needs.
I loved Bank Of America
AVP; Operations Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 24, 2016
One of my regrets is leaving Bank of America. I was fortunate enough to be able to work with some amazing people, and the only reason I left was that I was working from home and wanted to work in an office again.
Productive and fast working environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 23, 2016
- A typical day a work will have you seeing 500 faces a day blare passed you.
- I learned how to move money around. I handled large cash transactions and worked with specialized computer programs
- Management... Ended up getting with coworker, shotty experience
- Co workers were great!
- Hardest part of the job was the constant stress level of people freaking out over there money
- Most enjoyable was getting off before 5pm
Pros
paid holiday, paid vacation
Cons
work at a bank
Good place to work, until job security became an issue
Vice President, Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAMay 23, 2016
Enjoyed co workers, working with those from different departments, and the ability to work from home on occasion. A typical day consisted of many meetings.
Worked with great people in good environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMay 23, 2016
Days went by quickly usually and I loved my coworkers. Management was good and it was a small intimate environment. The type that brings cookies to work. The hardest part of my job was the upselling.
Great Company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 23, 2016
The core value of the company is great. If you apply yourself there is a great opportunity for advancement. As a company in the past 5 years they have faced some challenges. Therefore, they had to restructure their business needs causing a lot of tenured employees to be out of work. I would work for them again, even though I was laid of because they have great compensation and benefits
Productive and busy
Senior Loan Closer (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMay 23, 2016
Typical day on the job is hectic. You have to be able to balance multiple files and activities at the same time while keeping a calm demeanor. I balance my workload with helping/training new hires on BOA's closing practices.
Work Life Balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJMay 23, 2016
Worked from home for 3 years with much success.
Great co-workers
Interesting projects
Great benefits package
Yearly bonus
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Downsized