Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Found 15,114 reviews matching the search
Stessful but great benefits
Business Process Group - Loan Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 28, 2017
Very stressful job. Worked a lot of hours while being under staffed. Laid offs in every department. The overall job was fine. I loved helping people. Just wihed we had more people to help. The best thing was the benefits.
Productive and Fun enviornment
Customer Relationship Manager II (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 28, 2017
I learned many skills at Bank of America. I wish i was able to continue my time within the company. I was able to participate in a lot of great workshops to help better myself as an individual and also as a important component within the company.
Stressful work environment but good benefits
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 28, 2017
A typical day at work consists of sales, sales, sales. You have to meet sales goals by the hour which can be very stressful especially if you are working at a location where there is very little income.

The benefits are great however the expectations on meeting sales goals were very high resulting to a high turnover rate.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
have to meet stressful sales quotas
Excellent Bank
VP, Corporate Operational Risk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2017
Lots of opportunities for new associates. Later, upward mobility can be limited by staff reductions. Less bureaucratic than some other large firms, but one can get overlooked here.
Productive and Challenging
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2017
If you go to management, be prepared for the politics. Great people to work within the Teams. Frequent changes, reorgs and layoffs. Overall a great place to work.
Was an ok place
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 28, 2017
ok place to work. High sales pressure job, I enjoyed my colleagues the most. Bonus was discretionary tied to sales results. many metrics and tremendous compliance related items that were required to keep up with the role.
great place
OJT Coach (leadership) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78233April 28, 2017
I loved BOA and how they compensate their employees. It was a great work environment. Not as professionally dressed as should be, but overall great work place
Productive and friendly environment
Extractor (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAApril 28, 2017
Most positions are production/quota type jobs. Usually work days very busy. Management usually tries to assist employees if necessary. The hardest part about the job maybe meeting production. The enjoyable part of the job is normally the people.
Typical Corporate Environment
Senior Consultant- Engineering (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLApril 27, 2017
Fairly high pressure. Pay is good, but always push/rush/scrample (repeat). The work itself is actually very interesting, but always an artificial sense of urgency.
Productive work environment
Performance Consultant Specialist II (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXApril 27, 2017
Fast pace, highly skilled in multi-tasking multiple task at a time showing great organization skills on a day to day bases. What I learned having the opportunity to work in Mortgage, Auto, Credit Reporting Departments, Checking and Savings (Deposits) Credit Card, and our Fraud Departments: there is opportunity for each segment to improve department expectations and provide agents a more structured environment and I believe the bank will succeed at accomplishing that. The workplace culture is wonderful from my experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and being around some really great individuals and getting to mingle and deepen relationships with business partners. Providing proficient coaching to associates and seeing them succeed in their metrics. Being a part of our Leadership Team.
Pros
Schedule flexibility for the role I currently serve.
Cons
Career pathing for internal associates
Professional, Friendly, Capable Management / Great Compensation / Steady Schedule
Small Business Agent (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 27, 2017
My time at BoA was incredible. Even as part of a project launch team the amount of support was very good. I loved the atmosphere, the culture and every team member I met was excited to be there, intelligent and kind. I would recommend this role to ANYONE with a mindset for customer service, mild technical troubleshooting and ambition to lead.
Pros
Professional & Competent Management / Great Compensation / Consistent Schedule
Cons
Schedule Flexibility / Classroom Training Depth
Very Fast Paced / Threatening Enviornment
Preferred Sales/Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIApril 27, 2017
Bank of America: If you enjoy to THE SECOND, 15min bathroom breaks, you'll love it here! If you are even ONE SECOND over your punch in time, expect to be written up. Has one of the highest employee turnover rates. You'll see friendly faces come and go in your short time here if you decide to work for Bank of America.
Pros
Staff Training
Cons
Too many to name
Banking
Lockbox Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2017
Working for Bank of America was a great experience for because it allowed to grow a business incite on how a business is run from a corporate stands point.
Fun place to work, good balance of work and life
Credit Support Associate I/Officer (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NYApril 27, 2017
Fun place to work, good balance of work and life great hours, not much adavancement opportunities. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Pros
great hours
Cons
not much adavancement
I was doing the job of 2 or 3 people
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CAApril 27, 2017
When I was working there. was a teller day she uses plenty of bank time to do her personal activities, buy she was a good friend of the supervisor, and both was looking magazines or surfing the internet, instead doing their jobs.
Pros
They paid tution fees
Cons
plenty of work and very high expectations
Products and Atmosphere
Personal Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 27, 2017
I worked at MBNA( (Bank of America) for about 9 years.

I first started part time and then moved full time. The typical work day was talking to Customers helping them with their accounts. Selling different product , managing collections and mortgage loans.

I worked on the Business Development side, I help manage and acquire new affinity groups to the company. I managed 15-25 people as a manager.

Management was awesome at Bank of America . They kept you updated with the business and where the company was going. They always wanted suggestions from their managers on how they could improve.

The culture was fun and exciting. They always had contest and incentives to keep people motivated.

The hardest part of the job would be long hours

The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere and the people.
Pros
Great Products and Great people
Cons
Long Hours
Accuracy and Customer Service Skills are a must
Senior Teller, Top Performing Teller QTR (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDApril 27, 2017
This is a high stress atmosphere. There are sales requirements you must meet in order to be considered performing your job minimum. The clients are demanding and do not embrace changes, which is unfortunate since banking is changing due to technology and information protection regulations. The regulations are in place to protect the clients, but it is a hard sell to them. The ability to balance and accurately fill out paperwork is a must.
Great benefits - not so great advancement
Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 27, 2017
Bank of America was a great company to work for in terms of benefits and depending on which department you were in, pay as well. Unfortunately advancement or trying to get into other departments (even with experience) is very hard to get into. Bank of America provides great vacation and sick time and is very into community work and they offer lots of online training courses and personal growth seminars.
Benefits
Customer Service/Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 27, 2017
The best part of this company is the benefits! There is also lots of opportunity for growth within. Bank of America really is a stable work environment with lots of opportunities.
Fast paced
Loan Modification Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 27, 2017
I liked the freedom to work at your own pace at this job, the offices were new and nice and the staff was nice an helpful and easy to get along with. I would work here again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.