Bank Of America Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,677 reviews matching the search
Great inconsistencies
Contract Sr. Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2016
Great inconsistencies below Executive Management. Disparate Departments and Divisions not working together. I learned most processes are non-existent or non-document.

Trying to find someone that knows all facets of a system is like finding a needle in a haystack. Each SME has their own expertise for only one part of the tool or function. Most of the internal people recognize this and are frustrated too.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I have the privilege of working with throughout the bank. They are eager to help and learn.
Pros
Nice offices and one of the Worl's largest networks.
Cons
Traffic to get downtown, paying to park and low salary compared to competitors.
Nice Place to work, Co-workers are fun to be around.
Fraud Analyst II (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 16, 2016
I worked with Bank of America in Mortgage with different positions. Now working with ATM/Debit fraud is rewarding, however I did not know Fraud was such a big issue until this position. We have a lot of huddles to keep us up to date on any changes. We celebrate everyone's Birthdays who wants to be celebrated with desk decorations and potlucks. We have a lot of potlucks. We are all about team work to get the job done and meet our metrics..
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Fast Pace Call Center
Company policies regarding customer service
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 28, 2016
At Bank of America they have now changed their policy on how customers are treated, customers are no longer a priority. They dont care how long customers have to wait as long as they are opening new products. I have a big problem with that as I am a people person and feel that customers should be treated with respect and be their top priority, which for me is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
getting to meet new people
Cons
short lunches, and their no care about their employees attitude
shady
Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 26, 2016
I worked in the Small Business Dept in the Newark office. The job itself wasn't that bad. I just wasn't used to dealing with angry horrible customers all the time. After that, the job got pretty easy. HOWEVER, management changes a lot. My first two managers and interim mangers were great and helped me a lot. My last manager was a snake and had me fired. It was the worst experience of my life. I would never bank with them and I would NEVER work for Bank of America EVER AGAIN. Horrible horrible horrible.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sub par pay, shady management, no loyalty.
Working and understanding the LOB's and CTO's was great.Learnt valuable information on implementing & delivering the best to the work.
Sr. Project Manager - Midrange Storage Solutions (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 12, 2016
Planning the process document and implementing the DC SAN migrations was one of the major responsibilities. Also all migration was aligned to LOB's and CTO's perspective was another critical aspect of the project and also the great experience.
Pros
Good Learning Exposure, Working with the bigger Enterprise setup was more challenging aspect of the project
Cons
Working round the clock and weekend migration activities was the hardest part of the project
It's just a job
Compliance Testing Specialist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 10, 2016
Working at Bank of America was not my favorite job. Management at the senior level is completely disconnected from the work force. There are constant changes for improvement but it is not well thought out and does not result in much improvement. Senior management is shuffled around continually which also creates constant change. HR changes title names of people all the time so half the time your title does not make any sense for what you really do. The vacation time is great and they do allow you to participate in charity work during your work hours which is nice. Overall I found it to be just a job with no future.
Pros
Good time off
Cons
Constant change but not for the better
energy taker,money maker
Lock box specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2016
Bank of America,processing checks over night from nine till six in the morning.Light data entry.Kept records of health and business accounts .I've learned how to use a image tracking machine for capturing images of the checks.Management was great.My co-workers was like family.The hardest part of this job was staying awake.The most enjoyable part of this job was the benefits.
Pros
Vacation time was granted first day of work.
Cons
working every weekend and staying up over night.
Productive work enviroment
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 29, 2016
Typical day; get coffee, look for emails that have come in and get started on calls. Learned; you can really help someone who is need by being proactive. Management; was helpful and would listen to other ideas. Co-workers; were fun to work with. Hardest; when couldn't help someone. Enjoyable; hanging up the phone with having accomplished helping the customer with their needs and educating the customer on other things as well.
Pros
Good enviroment to work in
Cons
change bonus structure too often.
Sales oriented job
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 1, 2016
Lots of procedures to keep track of, but is a generally fast-paced, enjoyable job. They are sales drivers to be sure, and that can sometimes be overwhelming. Immediate management is excellent and very supportive. Coworkers are very team oriented and we all work very hard together to get the job done. I have solid relationships with my customers and I look forward to my favorites every day. The benefits are good, but very pricey if you're covering more than just yourself. You do receive ample paid vacation and sick time. Overall, a good full or part-time job in the banking industry.
Pros
paid sick and vacation time
Cons
very pricey benefits, constant upper management changes
Nice place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 5, 2016
A typical day was to greet customers and assist them with their banking needs. I would also balance my cash drawer at the end of the night.
I leaned team work and customer service as well as communication skills.
The management team was very active and helpful in daily activities.
My co-workers were always willing to help when needed and fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was trying to help customers when they were overdrawn on their account. Often they were upset and did not understand. It was hard to calm them down.
The most enjoyable part was working with the public.
Pros
Free banking, advancement
Cons
Bank robberies were starting to increase in the area
Challenging but rewarding.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2016
I loved working with people and feel like I improved myself which made me a more well-rounded person. I overcame negativity and made friends along the way. I also learned how to effectively say no when needed without being condescending or mean.

My job consisted of working on a computer and perfecting the art of listening, using probing questions and thinking outside the box. This has enabled me to see a different point of view when all things needed to be considered. In the end, it contributed to who I am today.

The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye to my extended family and friends whom I spent so much of my time with.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Sitting all day.
• Having 7 Years of Experience in Hadoop, Java, J2EE, Neo4J, MySQL, Cloud Computing, Security and Linux.
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 5, 2016
• Experience of Full Stack Developer.
• Experience in working as an Individual contributor

ASPEN is the Enterprise Credit Risk platform for Top of House reporting. This platform enables end users to comply with Regulatory Disclosures and Accounting Policy Standards and reconciles to General Ledger across Credit Risk portfolios. Both commercial and consumer portfolios are contained within ASPEN for integrated view of Risk System of records and Finance General Ledger.
All work and no thanks
Lead Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  New York StateMay 9, 2016
They claim to have a well rounded focus on both operational excellence behind the scenes, AND sales, yet the job focuses on sales numbers so heavily everything else takes a back seat. Teller help is continuously cut to make room for more sellers, and blame is tossed squarely on the shoulders of those tellers to explain why the did not hit their sales numbers while working on 4x as many customers as before and maintaining the wait time.
The pay and benefits are fantastic if you don't mind the constant battle between customer satisfaction and sales.
Pros
Wages+Benefits
Cons
Short Staffing
Learning Unemployment Insurance
Sr. Unemployment Insurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work was challenging. Learned a lot about litigating contested Unemployment Insurance claims. Management was knowledgeable, and able to provide guidance on how to respond to contested claims and witness preparation. Coworkers were knowledgeable and competitive. I think preparing for UI hearings at times were the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable was the client interaction
Pros
Worked with a knowledgeable goup of people
Cons
Not always being succesful with unemployment hearings
Home Service Specialist III
Home Service Specialist III / Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2016
A typical day at my current employer is structured first with reporting, give the numbers to what will be moved to our closing team and then setting up our calls due to the clients.

Everyday is a learning experience. Our teammates and immediate managers work very closely together to meet client satisfaction.

The hardest part of this job is to get everything done in an 8 hour work day.

The most enjoyable part of my day is interacting within the fantastic team I am currently on. We keep each other balanced with not losing site of how hard we all work to make the clients' lives easier.
Benefits
Cons
Work, life, balance
Awesome Team
BSA AML Investigation Examiner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2016
I worked on a team that was required to clear out the AML backlog. I worked with many people that I worked with at Well Fargo doing the same thing. The management staff was a pleasure to work with. The direction we received was stellar. The staff always worked together to achieve month end numbers. The days we spent working was pleasant because we always had a team that would look over our work before we turned it in, too minimize errors. I also remember when it was needed we would take a break and go into a conference room and review a persons case just to level set ideas on how to complete the review.
Pros
Team and Manager
Cons
Volume
Bank of America
Teller Coordinator, Teller (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMay 19, 2016
At Bank of America, a day consisted of supervising 8 tellers, doing there time schedules, making sure they were doing there training monthly courses on time, reviewing the teller transaction for errors. I balanced the vault and ordered cash for the Bank. I balanced the ATM. I also cross sold banking products and services.I did outbound calls looking for new Business to grow our deposits. Conducted monthly surprise audits.reviewed negotiable items, to make sure they were accounted for. Assist clients in their needs and concerns. Took care of clients that were upset at times. Train new hire tellers in Branch.
Pros
Being a team player
Cons
Not being able to eat lunch at times do to busy branch
Accomplishing goals and knowledge sharing
Assistant Vice President, Business Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  I worked from homeMay 19, 2016
While maintaining a strong work ethic by performing to the best of my abilities, sharing knowledge or information while assisting team mates ensuring the we function and work well as a team. It is important to me to maintain my relationships as well as establishing new ones, meeting deadlines early, thrive on learning new skills.
Pros
Great managers and co-workers
Cons
Team members behind meeting deadlines, when I am unable to complete my task until team member completes theirs.
Productive and fast working environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 23, 2016
- A typical day a work will have you seeing 500 faces a day blare passed you.
- I learned how to move money around. I handled large cash transactions and worked with specialized computer programs
- Management... Ended up getting with coworker, shotty experience
- Co workers were great!
- Hardest part of the job was the constant stress level of people freaking out over there money
- Most enjoyable was getting off before 5pm
Pros
paid holiday, paid vacation
Cons
work at a bank
Great people and culture
Financial Center Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2016
Busy days managing staff, providing support for operations and sales and customer service of customers.
Completing performance appraisals and scheduling.
The core value of the company is great. If you apply yourself there is a great opportunity for advancement. As a company in the past 5 years they have faced some challenges. Therefore, they had to restructure their business needs causing a lot of tenured employees to be out of work. I would work for them again, even though I was laid of because they have great compensation and benefits.