Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Found 15,042 reviews matching the search
workplace culture
Global Markets Officer, Derivatives Investigator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2017
There really isn't much culture here. It's work hard, get the job done and come back tomorrow for more. If you do an exceptional job there is no gratitude however, they will point out a tiny mistake or irrelevant information just to keep you in your place.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
you never know what the day will be like
Nice working place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Kinnelon, NJApril 24, 2017
I loved to work for Bank of America. This company has a lot to offer and is growing fast. I was so sad to leave it for family reasons. One of my daughters had surgery and I need it to help her out
Pros
Nice environment, good benefits.
Cons
N/A
Meet and greet with Bank of America
ATM/ATA Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2017
A typical day working at Bank Of America was pretty easygoing. I learned how to manage and work an ATM. My job was to meet and greet people at the door and see if they needed any assistance. The hardest part of my job was dealing with foreigners since I could not understand them. The most enjoyable part of my job was that the boss and co-workers express they appreciation of my help everyday which boosted my confidence.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
thier bonus structure is a joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 24, 2017
They pay only $2000 a year in tution assistance, yes other companies pay much much more, this will not even pay for one semester at a real university, way to promote Associates degrees there BOA. Thier bonus structure was monthly based where the top 300 performing reps in the center got a bonus based off of where they were in the top 300 list...that is a joke, and people would get fired monthly for manipulating the numbers, and still get paid out the bonus, and it was not adjusted for the rest of us who would have made a bonus if not for those bad apples.
Pros
nice break rooms
Cons
middle of nowhere, pay, and compensation sucks
Pathway to success
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAApril 23, 2017
Outstanding employee centric focus. Every tool possible to strengthen and add new skills is available at Bank of America. If you believe in a work life balance this is the opportunity for you.
Productive Sales environment
AVP Small Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZApril 23, 2017
Typically assist business owners with their day to day operations and business needs. Management was hands off as long as you were productive and meeting sales goals. Highly competitive sales to gain new money. My favorite part of the job was meeting and getting to know all of my clients.
Pros
great benefits
Productive and Pleasant Place to Work
Senior Operations Representative (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 23, 2017
I worked in a team processing checks for payment to the appropriate parties. I learned how to work well with others to meet the company's goals. Our management worked well with employees and provided appropriate support. Overall, the unit I was in worked well together and assisted each other as needed. The hardest part was occasionally dealing with attitudes of some employees, occasionally when they had a bad day or personal issues. I enjoyed teamwork and bonds formed my peers and management.
Pros
We had lunches to celebrate our successful accommplishments.
Cons
There were limited opportunities for promotions.
Leaves something to be desired
Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 23, 2017
While one of my immediate supervisors gets top marks, the others I've had, leave much to be desired.The culture changed towards the end of my employment changed very much and not for the better. It's focused moved away from being customer focused and other changes would not allow me to continue with a clean conscience.
Great place to work!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLApril 23, 2017
I worked here for four years and I really enjoyed it! Managers wanted you to succeed. The benefits were great, too! Customers weren't always happy, but my colleagues always supported each other.
Na
Senior Vice President Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 23, 2017
Bank of America is committed to the community and the support of the people that reside within. I am proud of the initiatives that take place within the Market.
Amazing benefits and a great company to work for
Loan Account Servicing Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2017
This company has so many different positions to offer and the campus and atmosphere is very professional. They offer great benefits and 401k with other company perks.
Good benefits
CSR (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 23, 2017
Offers great benefits, however expect to get moved around a lot. Also doesn't matter how strong your sales are behind teller line because bankers will allow or turn away your sales opportunities and not give you credit, complaints fall upon deaf ears.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of incentive goals
Awesome Place to work at
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73118April 22, 2017
You get trained to provide world-class service. Great work environment with great pay, everyone is friendly and employers are really helpful and supportive!
Good work environment
Data Capture- Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 22, 2017
A pleasure to work for. Very flexible and caring company to work for. I would recommend people who are looking for a good job and constant pay to apply.
good salaries but bad management
VP Business Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2017
Bank of America ask bankers to sell products without giving bankers pricing, their programs are not consistent and management does not care about employees.

The insurance is great, benefits are more than great and training is valuable but not at par with other banks.
Fun, Hard working, Great trainers ...Follow up training
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYApril 22, 2017
I enjoyed my work there .. was always a team member willing to help you understand or pick up the slack if necessary. I learned how to create a bid no matter what it state it was for.

The management was always there to assist with any questions and help you with any work issues or problems that may come up. They were very supportive and understanding.

The culture of the work place was very diversified . Very knowledgeable team members willing to help at any time.

The hardest part of the job was organizing the time you had for your work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all different ethnic groups and becoming a "family" at work per say.
Pros
Food Days, Dress down days..just learning days by using games and different ways of teachng
Cons
Not enough time to do it all, Work plus play a little
Na
Electronic Claims Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 22, 2017
This was a very stressful environment however I will say the supervisor I did have was very helpful in trying to make the job less stressfulland I appreciated that .
Tough place to work
Automation Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2017
I would say Bank Of America is a tough place to work because the timelines they provide is always very stringent. Also they are very backward since they have not yet adopted agile practices yet. Work life balance is very poor.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 21, 2017
A typical day at work consists of taking calls and answering questions about personal checking and savings account. Descaling calls. Being verbally abused by customers.
Pros
Provided me the opportunity to work
Cons
30 minute lunch, not a lot of places to eat lunch, not a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Productive and Fun Workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAApril 21, 2017
* Fast past
*Cash handling
*Fun Team to work with
* Could be stressful at times but I just though of it as challenges.
* most enjoyable part about the bank is the team you work with.
Pros
Vacation and Time off
Cons
30 mintues lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval