Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Decent Company
Collector II (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits and bonuses
Cons: Amount of notation and angry customers
Fun work place with a variety of managers making it easier to learn from different styles of collecting. Benefits were pretty good and the bonuses were great prior to the company doing cutbacks and new rules coming into play preventing employees from getting their bonus.
Was a nice job, but was terminated over a small error without warning
Teller (Former Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great Customers, Pay and Benefits
Cons: Be careful about making mistakes!
Typical day at work was the normal bank teller duties such as opening and closing the branch, cashing checks, doing withdrawals, deposits, creating money orders/cashiers checks, bonds, cash advances, etc. – more... I learned how to do all of that with a decent amount of training. I enjoyed working with, and learning from my colleagues. The only thing I was disappointed in with this company was how I was terminated over what was told to me was a common error but was let go because of it instead of a warning/write up. Other than that, I loved working with this company and enjoyed helping customers with any financial needs or questions. – less
Grest Location
Team Leader (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 28, 2015
Great campus and close to my home. As Countrywide Home Loans the company was more employee friendly. Bank of America is not as employee motivated as Countrywide was. Also salary increases are smaller with BOA.
Excellent work environment .
Extraction Specialist (Former Employee), Forest Park ,GeorgiaAugust 28, 2015
Working at Bank of America was fun and challenging. I learnt the value of team work to achieve department goals , management encouraged workers to be competitive and challenged workers to meet production – more... by providing a safe and very cordial work environment and rewards. There was a culture of comraderie among workers who assisted each other to complete tasks so that goals could be met on time. The greatest difficulty was dealing with equipment that did not always function efficiently,however the anticipation of tangeable rewards and verbal recognition for excellent work and effort was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job along with working with my colleagues who gave me the oppertunity to learn from them. – less
productive
Small Business Sales Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: schedules can vary greatly
High call volumes. Great opportunity for growth if your willing to sell. strong sales culture. Management not always very helpful or professional.
Well run mortgage division
Account Executive (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2015
Pros: top-notch benefits, management
I worked with BofA as an account executive in the mortgage division during the market boom. The organization is just top notch, or at least was, when I was there. I was a straight-commissioned employee and really enjoy the work, the tools they provided, and my managers during my employ there.
interesting experience
Customer Service Associate / Senior Teller (Former Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 27, 2015
daily check in with group and rally before start of day. Had to be accurate for every transaction. I learn a lot from this line of work. the most difficult part was standing almost 8 - 9 hours a day with very little break time to rest the legs.
Productive and great place to work
Workout Specialist Remediation (Former Employee), Westlake Village, CAAugust 27, 2015
Had an amazing experience working there and learned a lot about the mortgage industry. You are able to work on different projects, gain trust of your manager and become an indepedent employee.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 27, 2015
Here,being able to work in an industry I always dreamed of.
overall review is good and secure environment for the work place.
Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee), CAAugust 27, 2015
It has given me wide scope to develop my skills and subject.
Its a big company and i enjoyed working with my co-workers the working environment is comfortable and secure.
Bank of America Call Center is an amzing workplace!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), East Providence, RIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: 360 degree coaching! everyone helps everyone!
Cons: There werent any cons.
Bank of America Call Center is the most amazing, diverse, and productive place I have ever worked at. It was extremely challenging at times, and feels awesome to have the management and coaches to show you trough those tough times.
over worked and under paid and no opportunity to grow.
Teller (Opener) and Lobby Leading (Former Employee), Richmond, CAAugust 27, 2015
over worked and under paid and no opportunity to grow.
Management always came to work late and left early
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Timonium, MDAugust 26, 2015
There was always a high turn over and there was no teamwork which saddens me because I loved my job but it was a lack of structure.
Results driven environment of hardworking employees
Operations Project Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Flexibility in working remote, Collaborative problem-solving
Cons: Weak in the area of automating and streamlining manual processes.
The employees were dedicated and hard working while the work was goal driven and motivating. However, several departments were in need of more automation and systems analysis to run more efficiently.
Big Company with excellent structures
Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 26, 2015
On a typical day I conducted our huddle in the morning before opening our doors to customers to set the expectations for the day. Manage the operations and personnel, ensure policies and procedures are – more... follow. I learned a lot about scheduling, payroll, leaves and how to keep those records. I had great leaders from i did enjoy working for and learned a lot. My co-workers were an amazing group of talented people. The hardest part of the job was firing people. Each day was exciting and dealing with our customers and employees really was the best part of my days. – less
No Security
Officer/Consumer Product Strategic Analyst II (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Able to work from home allowing more productivity
Cons: Poor Communication from the LOB execs downward
Due to changes in the banking industry and the lifting of the OCC Consent Order, BAC has been going through many organizational restructures causing stress due to job security.
Great experience
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Concord, NCAugust 26, 2015
Helpful and friendly coworkers. Meeting new people everyday. Gained new skills and knowledge that will be beneficial toward my long term career goals. Great starting position.
Fast Pace job
Service Solutions (Current Employee), Kennesaw GaAugust 26, 2015
Duties and responsibilities change daily. All About Sales and Service. You have to have the ability to sale to have success in this job.
Great team environment and place where to meet new friends
Foreclosure Specialist II (Former Employee), West Hills, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Management always avaible to assist.
Overall is a right place where to start your career. Where new skills can be learned and advance beyond in your career. As an individual and team group have to meet certain numbers of cases closed per – more... month. Learned how to prioritize work and constantly follow up cases in a daily basis. Also learned a lot about dealing with people of different background from presidents, CEO, attorneys, management, etc. Moreover learned about FNMA/FHLMC guidelines with different states and made sure service level agreement was met all the time. – less
Extremely competitive work environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAAugust 26, 2015
Very fast paced, goal oriented position. Only the most dedicated need apply. Not very family friendly, very strict and demanding but worth all the hard work.
Headquarters