Bank Of America

11.4K reviews

Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Management always came to work late and left early
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Timonium, MDAugust 26, 2015
There was always a high turn over and there was no teamwork which saddens me because I loved my job but it was a lack of structure.
Results driven environment of hardworking employees
Operations Project Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Flexibility in working remote, Collaborative problem-solving
Cons: Weak in the area of automating and streamlining manual processes.
The employees were dedicated and hard working while the work was goal driven and motivating. However, several departments were in need of more automation and systems analysis to run more efficiently.
Big Company with excellent structures
Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 26, 2015
On a typical day I conducted our huddle in the morning before opening our doors to customers to set the expectations for the day. Manage the operations and personnel, ensure policies and procedures are follow. I learned a lot about scheduling, payroll, leaves and how to keep those records. I had great leaders from i did enjoy working for and learned a lot. My co-workers were an amazing group of talented people. The hardest part of the job was firing people. Each day was exciting and dealing with our customers and employees really was the best part of my days.
No Security
Officer/Consumer Product Strategic Analyst II (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Able to work from home allowing more productivity
Cons: Poor Communication from the LOB execs downward
Due to changes in the banking industry and the lifting of the OCC Consent Order, BAC has been going through many organizational restructures causing stress due to job security.
Great experience
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Concord, NCAugust 26, 2015
Helpful and friendly coworkers. Meeting new people everyday. Gained new skills and knowledge that will be beneficial toward my long term career goals. Great starting position.
Fast Pace job
Service Solutions (Current Employee), Kennesaw GaAugust 26, 2015
Duties and responsibilities change daily. All About Sales and Service. You have to have the ability to sale to have success in this job.
Great team environment and place where to meet new friends
Foreclosure Specialist II (Former Employee), West Hills, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Management always avaible to assist.
Overall is a right place where to start your career. Where new skills can be learned and advance beyond in your career. As an individual and team group have to meet certain numbers of cases closed per month. Learned how to prioritize work and constantly follow up cases in a daily basis. Also learned a lot about dealing with people of different background from presidents, CEO, attorneys, management, etc. Moreover learned about FNMA/FHLMC guidelines with different states and made sure service level agreement was met all the time.
Extremely competitive work environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAAugust 26, 2015
Very fast paced, goal oriented position. Only the most dedicated need apply. Not very family friendly, very strict and demanding but worth all the hard work.
lack of communication and many difficulties to reach personal goals and bad team organization.
Sales Service Specialist/Teller (Former Employee), Perth Amboy, NJAugust 26, 2015
Bank of America was good company at first,but after to many operational and managers and reduction of associates was very hard to keep a good way to work there...I love work with customers giving them a good service daily and cover them their needs or solving there problems related with there bank relation...I did learned many service and procedures to provide a good customer services..Also bank Regulations.In addition,all teller duties and money management transactions,duo control as security purpose of our co-workers.I always keep an excellent relationship with the team work and supervisors, respect and good way of communication is the key to maintain a healthy job environment. orThe hardest part is been in a few dangers situation as robbery and other bad situation,etc. The most enjoyable part is to see a happy customer when you cover all there financial needs.
fast paced enviroment
AVP (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 26, 2015
fast paced environment with quality people working with a number of fortune 500 companies. Highly completive environment
Great place to advance your career!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Work 6 days a week
The opportunity to advance is abundant and immediate managers are very approachable. However, retail banking is changing drastically and it seems BOA cares more about the bottom line instead of the customers.
Quiet place to work.
Operations Representative (Former Employee), College Park, GAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Free parking
Cons: 30 minute lunch, temporary job.
This job was a temporary job. I was hired through a temp agency and worked there for 11 months and my contract ended right before my 1 year mark.
Very busy and progressive company
Teller (Current Employee), henderson nvAugust 25, 2015
constant work but much room for advancement would highly recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a fast paced professional enviornment.
A good place to work
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 25, 2015
A place where you could work with your co workers and independently. The process that I did was satisfying and gave me room to learn and grow.
Enjoyed working with my team reaching for the same company goals.
Claim Researcher II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed working with a great team.
Cons: Job security -operations closed due to settling with the courts
Review foreclosure processes to determine cost / charges assessed to the borrower. Analyze to determine what borrower is responsible for reviewing the Florida Guidelines procedures and Florida Statutes. Enjoyed the volume as it kept you busy.
Good Corporate Culture with Great Employee Benefits
OCC Audit Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Culture, Benefits, healthcare, tuition reimbursement, paternity leave
Cons: limited growth opportunities, lot of realignment and shifting in departments
Big company that offers very good benefits as part time or full time. There isnt as much growth down the line but there is a variety of departments and opportunities to gain experience that covers several market segments within the banking and finance industry.
Excellent Company
Mortgage Collector and Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: family oriented, knowledge of different lines of business
Cons: not enough career growth.
Everybody was like one big family and always wanted to see you do well within the company. I learned how credit card processes and how to sale products to keep customers with us. I also learned how to be able to talk to anybody and resolve an issue with patience as well as knowledge of all different products to enhance a customer’s experience.
An OK employer that needs work.
Cons Prod Strategic Analyst II (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, benefits
Cons: Communication
Large company with competitive benefits but lags behind other companies slightly in pay. Regular shake-ups in the LAS division leads to constant changes and unfortunately the Bank of America brand statement gets muddled in the middle management area and appears to be a conflict between legacy Countrywide management style and Bank of America management style.
Upper Management Seems to Be Lost
Senior Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), New YorkAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Reasonable compensation, excellent benefits
Cons: Management seemed disconnected with each other and their employees, poor decisions made at the top and in other divisions affected my location, upper management only supported the sales team and threw the underwriters under the bus constantly.
I worked here for just about 2 years. I was hired to be part of a new Flagship Mortgage Underwriting location; however, the writing was on the wall since nearly day 1 that this location would be closed. The problem was, when I was hired, it had been determined that we needed centralized underwriting, based on quality, however, shortly thereafter, a series of upper management changes occurred, which resulted in a different ideology being presented every few months. By the time the workforce had adjusted to one ideology, a new one was soon in place (sometimes without ever being informed). As a result, no one idea ever seemed to work as planned, so production/quality always seemed to be suffering site wide, which lead to multiple layoffs, and eventually to the site closure.
Outstanding
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Pennington NJAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Team concept and support
Cons: Contract work
Second Contract:
Great organization to work with, management and team support from co-workers are outstanding. Everyone on the same page to complete all task and support all vendors and especially client end users on a daily basis.
Headquarters