Bank Of America
10,875 reviews

Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Work team is what made work very enjoyable
Operations Representative/ Account Specialist II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed my employment at Bank of America. The staff and manager were great, and I would not mind working for the same manager. Sadly, the bank building had been bought out, which the bank had relocated the departments and work to Delaware. This is the reason that I had left the bank.
good place to work
RELATIONSHIP BANKER (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: job advancement, job training
Cons: not present in Columbus OH
excellent place to work with good solid training and good pay rate that will keep increasing based on how well you perform
Productive and fast paced enviornment
Unit Manager I - VP (Current Employee), Simi Valley, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Enjoy my job
Cons: Location of employer
I enjoy my job! I continue to grow and learn something new each day. I work with great individuals which make my job much easier buy I am seeking employment closer to home.
Fast paced customer service atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Concord, CaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Convenient location, cafeteria including hot meals available for purchase, much attention keeping moral up
Cons: Short breaks
Call Center environment. Learned exceptional listening skills & call buffering skills. Management very busy but helpful. Co workers funny but very professional. The hardest part of the job is the most enjoyable part of the job giving superior customer service externally & internally.
security
Financial Teller / Supervisor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2015
I help make your customers experience to LAX is greater. I assist with the check in process. I also help customer to their gates for the flight
Do Not support their associates
Leadership (Former Employee), OregonJune 30, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: always a fire drill
Big bank feel consistently pushing associates to do more with less. decreasing staff causing unsafe work enviroment for associates and long lines for customers who elect to come in to the bank to do their banking.
Excellent place to gain exposure to large markets
Intermediate Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 30, 2015
Educational through exposure to large markets. Good work/life balance. High level of focus for employee's well being.
educational disciplined work environment
Retail banking Teller (Former Employee), springstowneJune 30, 2015
Pros: breaks, customers, and no sundays
Cons: cohesion was lacking, and management providing adequate assistance
a typical day as a teller was was either fast paced or dreadfully slow. I worked at a location with a high volume of relationship and non-relationship customers. I learned a great deal about ownership of accounts, the line of businesses we provided, and and overall habits of everyday banking. My management team was solitified after I was hired and didn't seem cohesive. Most of my co-workers were cordial at best but often clung to one another and I was the odd man out. The hardest part of my job was keeping pace on high volume days. But the most enjoyable part of my job was building a unique and enriching repore with each and every customer I helped.
They just laid off half of the support team's US employees to make way for India associates. Not good for Bank of "America"
Analyst II (Current Employee), CharlotteJune 30, 2015
I love helping people but the fear of losing my job far outweighs any benefit. Benefits and perks used to be really great, but are declining with the market and then cheaper labor. Deciding it's not cost efficient for people to work from home so they layoff all of te good hard workers.
Good experience
Teller Operations Specialist (TOS) (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2015
Pros: I loved my co-workers, interacting with our customers, cutomers knowing me by name
Cons: informing customer of loan denial or negative balance
My typical work day was accounting for at least $750,000 a day. I cautiously opened and closed the banking facility. I led morning meetings, ran reports, imported/exported U.S and foreign currency. I managed a team of 7 plus tellers, making sure they were trained and equipped with knowledge to perform their work duties and provide great customer service. I filled in as a teller, sales services specialist or banker as needed and created a safe, friendly and fun work environment I scanned paperwork at the end of the day and ran reports. This was my first banking experience which was overwhelming to come in as management. This helped me expand my patience which is needed in a tedious work environment.
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great healthcare
Cons: Short lunch break, never satisfied which makes it hard to prove yourself
Bank of America has been a good company to work for for the past 8 years. During the past few months changes have occurred which cause customer dissatisfaction leaving the retail employees in the forefront without the resources to embrace the changes. Therefore, from branch managers to tellers and everyone in between we experience quite a bit of resentment from our account holders, which has made it a bit challenging to retain clientele. If it wasn't for personal relationships developed between employee and customer, we believe the changes would not only impact the customers but employments as well.
Great Teams, hard work, fun environment
BANK TELLER (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, great teambuilding experience
Cons: Short lunches, low wages
I had a great time working for Bank of America. I really enjoyed the teambuilding experience and I enjoyed my branch manager. He was fair, understanding, and he made work enjoyable. My co-workers and I got along very well and I enjoyed multi-tasking and keeping busy. I learned the business side of the bank as well as the teller side.
Work/Life balance pretty good
Underwriter Associate / Loan Review Analyst (Former Employee), Westlake VillageJune 30, 2015
Pros: Considerate, fair workplace with paid holidays off, 401K (matching)
Cons: They want to get out of the Mortgage business (process/uw side).
I came from the legacy side of BAC and spent about 7 years on the BAC side. Found management IF your very productive will go out of their way to allow you to achieve a life/work balance. Hardly ever took vacation since I had hours adjusted to whatever activity I pursued outside of work and the national holidays were a great perk. Really enjoyed all the various people I worked with and had very considerate managers (save one, but every Corp has one of THOSE). Management was pretty easy to work with.
Solid work/life balance
SVP, Quantitative Operations Manager (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAJune 30, 2015
On a regular basis, my position requires interaction with various departments, which results in knowledge expansion and personal skill development.
Good place to work, with good benefits
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good hours, good benefits
Cons: Short lunches, too much change (I am all for change, but it gets out of hand sometimes)
Typical work day includes:
Helping Customers with their accounts
Opening bank produts (credit cards, savings accounts etc.)
Cash Handling

Most enjoyable part about the job is the hours are amazing!
Great Place to Work
Mortgage Underwriting Team Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 30, 2015
Excellent development program, culture, benefits and training. A company with a rich history and strong principals. A great place to start or enhance your career.
Very nice Co. to work for.
Post Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee), Plano TXJune 30, 2015
Typical day, close out the files that was given each day,
Learned the process of foreclosure and how it is handle,
Management was understanding to all the hard work that you done.
Co-workers will be co-workers you just have to learn to do your work as put a deaf ear to most of them.
The job was not that hard just the long commute every day.
Enjoyed the job because I enjoy working with people that you can help.
Review Summary
VP - Mtg Servicing Unit Mgr II (Current Employee), Simi Valley, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Amazing teammates
Cons: Re-ORG after Re-ORG, as we continue to right size we are going through constent restructures
I have the opportunity to manage over 90 FTE in 7 different sites (in 7 different states)
I have strong leaders that work for me; I’m pleased to lead this group. The most enjoyable part of my job is leading and people - Good leaders set a clear vision and inspire people to perform. They are the ones you hear about and want to work with. This is a great opportunity to do with my team daily. I have 10 directs within 7 different states.
Inspected photosynthesetic drums that go into copying machines
Senior Collector (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed inspecting parts and working with great people.
Cons: none
I enjoyed working for the company. The employer's and worker's were pleasant. Benefits and bonus's were good too. Able to work a lot of overtime.
Plenty of growth areas; training available for advancement opportunities
SVP - Project Management (Former Employee), California and NevadaJune 29, 2015
Enjoyed working with mid and lower level management. Hardest part of the job was relating to the ever changing directions with each new executive. The terminology and technology would change but the general ideas/direction seemed to stay the same.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more

Bank Of America Salaries