Bank Of America Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,835 reviews matching the search
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 26, 2016
Come in to your assigned desk and take calls. Work with different computer systems. Amazing managers and co-workers. The hard part is sitting down all day.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sitting down all day
Work Hard & Stay focus. Work Smart.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 26, 2016
Work hard and continue to push numbers at my current position. Bank of America is the toughest company that I have ever worked for. The way they structure the goals makes it difficult to achieve success for most sales people. However if you work hard like I do and remain focus, you can exceed your goals consistently.
Pros
Brand name
Cons
Bad reputation
Productive and fun
Customer Service & Sales Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 26, 2016
my typical day is very demanding but also fun I have learned to provide world class customer service and be able to learn to convey messages and deliver not so good news in a different verbatim or style.
Was a fun place but I had to leave for personal reasons
Collector I Home Retentions (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJune 25, 2016
The hob was fine, collections isn't really my strong suit,but I made the most of it every day. It's hard to tell someone they are going to lose the home they spent a lifetime paying on. Couldn't help but feel bad.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Long drive
energetic team
Customer Marketing Operation Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2016
Being with last job really made it fun to be at work while still getting the job done in a fast and accurate manner. BOA made sure we had access to tools needed to secure the company.
Ok place to work
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2016
The benefits were good and the vacation and sick time was a plus. Pay not so much. Management as always can be better. Kind of fun environment.
Pros
vacation time and benefits
Cons
Pay
Room for career advancement, amazing benefits.
Virtual Client Associate (Current Employee) –  Chanderl, AZJune 25, 2016
Daily tasks include taking inbound calls to support clients and associates. Knowledge of the investments/banking is needed to be as productive as possible. I have learned so much from mortgage to banking to investing. The team morale at Bank of America is amazing. Each team I have been with has become more like family than co-workers.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great co-workers
Financial leader
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2016
Maintaining clients portfolios working with internal partners as well as external partners. Extremely competitive due to heavy competition but this created positive challenges for all employees. Teamwork was a must in order to complete tasks and achieve goals.
Pros
Competitive
Cons
Above Average company to work for
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 24, 2016
The benefits package at BofA is better than what most employers offer. I did find it difficult feel secure at BofA - there is a lot of transition, downsizing and restructuring going on ALL of the time. They do not try to place employees in new positions that have been affected by their downsizing or restructuring. Just about everyone I know that has worked for BofA has been laid off at least once in their employment there. I faced layoffs twice in a 4 year timeframe.
Pros
benefits;
Cons
too much downsizing and restructuruing - always facing layoff
Stressful Work environment
Client Service Representative/ teller (Former Employee) –  Boa Touhy n McCormickJune 24, 2016
Customers are not welcomed if they don't have an appointment in this branch. They rather have the tellers do the sales and let the bankers make compensation on it. They don't welcome diversity and mangers preferred to only talk in English with the customers.

P.S. Soon the tellers will be replaced by ATM machines..
Pros
13.50 hourly wage
Cons
Tellers make no commission on sales and referrals/ Management says to replace tellers with ATMs
Great place to work for -- great benefits
Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 24, 2016
Bank of America is a good place to work for in some areas of the states. The employees I worked with were very nice. When visitors come in from other states like CA or TX, they would say that t;he business center in Greensboro, NC was so nice and the people were nice.
great opportunity to adavance
Real Estate/Property Management. (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 24, 2016
My typical day would start off with me checking my e-mails with (Outlook) and type up title reports. Management was nice, co-workers were great. The hardiest part of the job was reviewing reports for errors.I like working with Bank Of America was a great experience.
Pros
The experience
Cons
working part-time
Sales
Banker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2016
Sales is a top priority. Concerned about the direction of the traditional consumer banking. Great co-workers. Offers great benefits such as health and time off.
Changing Culture
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 24, 2016
Elimination of the work from home program, outsourcing jobs to CBRE and JLL, and IT jobs to India resulting in elimination of thousands of positions and talented people who have dedicated their career to BOA, and cuts in staff in the financial centers had depleted the company of many talented people, have people on edge about their job security and has deteriorated work life balance in the financial centers. I enjoyed working at BOA until my job was outsourced.
benefits
Cons
job eliminations
Wouldn't recommended
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 24, 2016
Due to unfair and excessive Treatment I was forced to leave this company. I would say this is not a professional company that cares about its customers or employees
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Inhumane not professional system
Working servicing calls
Mortgage Analyst & Servicer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 23, 2016
Assisting team mates and customers with mortgage issues. Servicing all aspects of mortgage loans. Working with wealth management clients for solutions of issues.
Benefits
A great place to work, room for growth.
Financial Center Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Croton-on-Hudson, NYJune 23, 2016
For safety and compliance reasons I can not write down my typical day at work.
But what I can say is the bank is a great place to work. There are many different area of business that you are introduced to. Behind the teller line you are dealing with cash. On the platform side of the bank you are dealing with customer service, relationship building, and problem solving. On the management team you are working on the operations, and the employees of the center. This is very important as it deals with making sure the center is running ethically, professionally, and accurately.
Pros
growth, pay, benefits
Cons
short breaks, work during bad weather
Awesome
Relationship Manger (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJune 23, 2016
Great place to work with great benefits and great employees. Bonuses and 16 weeks maternity leave, hardest part is meeting goals that are always increased
Productive enviroment, they do a lot to motivate employees for stats.
Home Loan Customer service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2016
I like Bank of America , looking for better retirement benefits. Long term career move. In the same Industry .Mortgage customer service is a challenging position , have to deal with irritate customers.
Pros
It a professional enviroment
benefits
productive and warm environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 23, 2016
I've learned that a teller job isn't as bad as everyone says. working at BOA has been a great experience for me. Although there where a lot of rude clients they teach you have to avoid saying the wrong thing and help you so that you can help the client in there needs.
Pros
45 min break, healthcare, 401k