Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Found 15,847 reviews matching the search
Management change
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 24, 2017
management changes almost every 6 months not very stable. Goals are attainable you can exceed them just have to be consistent and work closely with tellers.
SVP - Sr. Platform Support Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2017
It is a good place to work. But growth is totally dependent on whom you know and where you are located. Good salary, benefits, but it is a mistake that they have taken away the work from home facility
Productive and fun
Y2K Communications-Operational Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2017
I worked on the Y2K communications project for BOA as a temp from ADDECCO and it was awesome. Again speaking another language even a bit can help you get that job. I worked on N Tryon in Charlotte NC, there were awesome supervisors and managers and family oriented for sure, parking and transportation excellent employee benefits.
Very Busy Workplace
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2017
There were days, Fridays, 1st of the month, 3rd of the month, in which it would be over 20 customers waiting at the front door prior to our 9 a.m opening. And it felt like from open to close, it was a full, packed, busy bank to work.
Pros
Busy branch makes time go by fast
Cons
Because of the heavy traffic, even Sales Associates & Personal Banker would be asked to spend the majority of their time, as tellers to accommodate.
Productive stress free work
Contract Attorney (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2017
Boss is amazing, great team. Best work environment I have worked in a very long time. It is possible to have a work life balance, always thought this was a myth, but it's not.
Pros
Work load manageable, work environment stress free, good team and boss
Cons
no overtime permitted
My Reason for leaving Bank of America
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2017
I needed a change off the phones in a call center environment. I have been with the Bank since June 2013 and current position since October 14, 2014 and need to be off the phones.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
No opportunity to grow within the company.
Nice place to work.
Execution Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2017
Worked for BAC for 30+ years. It can be a wonderful place to work. There are a lot of opportunities to move up in the company. Also a lot of opportunities to cross train.
Pros
Benefits better than most.
Cons
Frequency of Layoffs
Throughout the bank, there are many options to explore
Relationship Account Manager I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 23, 2017
Working with Bank of America as an employee and customer were lovely experiences. I had the wonderful opportunity to explore many different lines of business and job functions all with support from management. Definitely recommend.
friendly enviroment, good management,
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 23, 2017
Working for Fleet Bank was a great experience. I enjoyed learning knew things about different areas in banking when given the opportunity. Some days can be busier than others but the people that work along side you will help out if needed.
Pros
hours, work enviroment, benefits, pay
They were fine until I gave birth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 23, 2017
The company paid for 3 months maternity leave. When I came back to work they sent me to a location too far away that was expensive and extremely inconvenient. They wouldn't let me get a promotion because I was due to give birth soon. Then when I was in my new location they were not understanding about my right to pump milk for my child at work. Overall terrible experience in the last center I worked in.

Want to know more about Bank Of America?

Ask a question
Disorganized
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 23, 2017
I would not recommend working for BAC mortgage as the line of business is not fully supported by the bank. The management is extremely lacking in capability and skills. This leads to an environment wherein it is almost impossible to get business done in a manner respectful of the customer.
N/a
POST CLOSING/IMAGING ANALYST/DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2017
This was a great company overall. I enjoyed working with my team member. I wish it was more room to grow within the company. I would recommend this company to a friend.
Not recommended
Trade Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 23, 2017
I was not treated fairly from the start. Logging, filing, checks, prepping. Only certain skills and never trained to do anything else by management
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Poor management, partiality towards certain people, outsourcing
Loved the bank culture and environment
Specialty Detection Fraud Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 23, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Bank of America. The bank culture also very associate driven, and volunteer opportunities was also available to patriciate I. Great benefits for families in the beginning, however affordable. The pay is not the best however there is always room for advancement and growth.
Pros
Room for advancement and growth
Cons
Does not pay well
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2017
Bank of America was a great place to work as an overnight customer service representative. They were very inclusive and were great about personal expression through style which is so important to me. Work starts and ends with logging in and taking calls. It's really simple work. In working there, I have learned how to handle friendly customers, irate customers and everyone in between. I've learned to sell products and listen to the intent behind the message/complaint to really tailor my service to each customer's needs. I was always told to speak to my customers like I would my grandma and I received constant positive customer feedback.
The hardest part of the job is handling difficult customers. They don't always see the people on the other side of the phone as humans and treat us as such. Learning how to work with those customers and overcome any of their objections is the best thing that I got from the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and the family that we created. We were a small shift so we really got to know one another and our managers. I also liked the fact that I was never micromanaged which contributed to my confidence and growth.
Pros
Inclusivity, benefits, management
Cons
difficult customers
Credit Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 23, 2017
This is where I first learned my exceptional customer service skills. The workplace culture was comfortable and warming. The most enjoyable part of the job was team meetings.
security
Foreclosure Specialist II/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 23, 2017
I felt that there was job security and I was given an opportunity to stay on and work in another area after they closed the department that I worked in
productive day
Customer Service and Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2017
answering questions on banking
learned lots of banking information
management not too helpful
workplace competitive
hardest part- selling
enjoyable-no dress code
Pros
no dress code
Cons
money
Great place
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 23, 2017
BOA was a great place to work. FHA Mortgage Uw. Wish the Columbia branch was still opened, Loved working for BOA. Just a overall great place to work.
Pros
Benefits/discounts/people/vacation time
Cons
little higher pay is needed, Offer Remote Positions
Lots of room for growth
Teller Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 23, 2017
Working for Bank of America offered a lot of room for growth in the company. If you have the desire you are able to transfer to other departments of your choosing.
Pros
Potential for Growth
Cons
Corporate Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.