Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Found 15,833 reviews matching the search
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2017
Bank of America was a great place to work as an overnight customer service representative. They were very inclusive and were great about personal expression through style which is so important to me. Work starts and ends with logging in and taking calls. It's really simple work. In working there, I have learned how to handle friendly customers, irate customers and everyone in between. I've learned to sell products and listen to the intent behind the message/complaint to really tailor my service to each customer's needs. I was always told to speak to my customers like I would my grandma and I received constant positive customer feedback.
The hardest part of the job is handling difficult customers. They don't always see the people on the other side of the phone as humans and treat us as such. Learning how to work with those customers and overcome any of their objections is the best thing that I got from the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and the family that we created. We were a small shift so we really got to know one another and our managers. I also liked the fact that I was never micromanaged which contributed to my confidence and growth.
Pros
Inclusivity, benefits, management
Cons
difficult customers
Credit Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 23, 2017
This is where I first learned my exceptional customer service skills. The workplace culture was comfortable and warming. The most enjoyable part of the job was team meetings.
security
Foreclosure Specialist II/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 23, 2017
I felt that there was job security and I was given an opportunity to stay on and work in another area after they closed the department that I worked in
productive day
Customer Service and Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2017
answering questions on banking
learned lots of banking information
management not too helpful
workplace competitive
hardest part- selling
enjoyable-no dress code
Pros
no dress code
Cons
money
Great place
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 23, 2017
BOA was a great place to work. FHA Mortgage Uw. Wish the Columbia branch was still opened, Loved working for BOA. Just a overall great place to work.
Pros
Benefits/discounts/people/vacation time
Cons
little higher pay is needed, Offer Remote Positions
Lots of room for growth
Teller Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 23, 2017
Working for Bank of America offered a lot of room for growth in the company. If you have the desire you are able to transfer to other departments of your choosing.
Pros
Potential for Growth
Cons
Corporate Environment
Management Is Great
Teller (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 22, 2017
Always willing to work with your schedule. The management team goes above and beyond in investing time into its employees to assist in position knowledge and growth within.
Busy work environment with lots of perks
Small Business Deposit Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 22, 2017
A typical day would be me answering back to back phone calls. My manager is fantastic and will do anything to make me better. The most enjoyable part about the job is that I get to help customers resolve their issues.
Food Service
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CaliforniaJune 22, 2017
Great company. Wonderful people. Excellent environment to work in. Different shifts available. Loved the job but they closed our department and I took the package instead.
Pros
Bounces
Review
Card Issuance Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2017
Good company to work for. very good teammates and helped make sure customer cards were printed according to company quality guidelines. Not bad benefits. Thanks
Great
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 22, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoy helping clients from al walks of life in different stages of life. I feel like I live vicariously through them. I love taking care of my clients as if they were my family.
Pros
Coworkers
Fun work enviornment with great people.
Small Business Lending- Commercial Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 22, 2017
Bank of America is an excellent employer as they a diverse and enjoyable group. You can truly learn a lot by working for this company and have certainly done so in my years with the bank. Definitely a lot of opportunity if you get your foot in the door.
Government
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 22, 2017
Complete waste of business. Horrible customer service. No one wanted to work there.
Each day is busy and you need to deal with every customer as if they are your best friend.
The hours are long and the risk is high.
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2017
It was really good working at Bank of america - team was very effective and communicative.The way bank treats it's employees/contractors is outstanding
Good Company
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2017
The pay was terrible. The job had its advantages, such as the benefits that came along with the job. This company cares about its employees. The company was customer based which is what I loved.
Poor Management
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 22, 2017
Poor manager, unethical practices, Management was lazy. I wouldn't bank here if my life depended on it. Not enough staff, little to no training. Terrible experience.
was a long term temp here
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 22, 2017
EXCELLENT company. One of the best. Very established, organized and filled with great people. You will learn lots of things working here. They are well run.,
Pros
organized and established
Mediocre
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2017
BOA is a good company if you are hired externally. Promoting is hard and the pay is terrible for internal promters. Also there aren't very many positions in the branches.
ok place to work
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2017
ok place to work except late/sick policy. they have a exception policy that if you are sick two days in a row you get two exception. after third you are formally written up.
Awesome company to work for but little room for advancement
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2017
The company is great! Management was very supportive of new ideas and always open to chat. The only downside is that moving up in the company was extremely hard because there weren't many options.
Pros
Upper management, work/life balance
Cons
Hard to move up in the corporate ladder

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.