Bank Of America
10,190 reviews

Bank Of America United States Employee Reviews

My time here
Customer Relationship Manager II (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Ability to pay for more vacation
Cons: Benfeits, short on overtime
My time with Bank of America has taught me a great deal of new skills within the Banking industry. From customer service, fraud for government and small business, collections, and now mortgage I can say that I'm qualified to handle this position as a loan processor. My day is very busy with many different task that has to be completed before my work day ends. I have to return high priority loans first. Then call customers that require additional assistance to complete modifications, short sales, deed in lieu, and all other matters of retention. Career Advancement is at a stand still for the moment.
Very Productive and Time Consuming
Remittance Processor (Former Employee), St. Louis MissouriApril 16, 2015
Pros: Cant really think of anything at the moment
Cons: gossip and working the overnight shift
I had two jobs there. I was a mail clerk and a billing processor. I was pregnant at the time and it was really hard staying up that late and coming up early. Co workers were okay to work with. I would get the mail and start filing by zip codes in the mail bin. Then I got promoted to a billing processor which was data entry with checks.
Not a nice place to work
Workflow Analyst (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Work from home positions
Cons: Management is not approachable
Good company but management is horrible. Job task are always changing. They don't want to work with you about unexpected life events.
A typical day will run from 8:00 am to 5:30 or until finish.
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Westminster, MDApril 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough staff
I absolutely loved the people I worked with. After 10 years at that particular office I got to know a lot of customers very well. I sent cards on many of their birthdays, but especially if there was a loss. I visited hospitals and funeral homes. I found that customers really appreciated my heartfelt concern. Bank of America itself has sized down the branches making it very difficult at times to give the quality service that customers had grown accustomed to. It has also gone to very much of a sales environment for all employees. To me that was probably the hardest part, finding it difficult to provide the same level of service and achieve the sales expectations and goals. There is opportunity for growth within the company, if you so desire.
Recommended
Home Servicing Specialist I (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on occassion
Cons: No life/work balance
Bank of America is a great place to work. They seem to care about their employees. However, their expectations of their employees are extremely high.
Horrible place to work
Senior Teller/Merchant Teller (Former Employee), Sylmar, CAApril 16, 2015
No support from management. Not customer Service Oriented. No place for individual growth. Not a diverse place to work.
high enery
Teller (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: incentives
Great benefits, great environment, lots to learn from policy to laws and required information of customers and very strict guidelines to follow.
A great place to work
Vendor Manager (Former Employee), Universal City, TXApril 15, 2015
I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I learned about Six Sigma through my manager who was a black belt. My co-workers were the best, every one had each others back and we lifted each other up and praised each other for a job well done. That is one thing I also enjoyed, that everyone was willing to give you praise whenever you did anything over the norm. It's nice to know that folks notice the things you do for them. Overall a great place to work.
Sales, good hours.
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Shorewood, ILApril 15, 2015
Pros: Friendly and professional employees.
Cons: Inconsistent sales goals, constant transitions.
As a teller you must be customer service and sales oriented. Day to day I work with customers deposit's, withdraws and try to have them sit with a banker to upgrade there accounts . Sales would be the biggest challenge. For the tellers the goals are never consistent and there is no incentive. As for co-workers and management, there is a high turnover rate and people are always getting moved around from location to location. As frustrating as this is for employees, regular customers notice all the time and wonder why can't anyone just stay in one place. The most enjoyable part of the job are the hours and holiday's off. The benefit's are a plus also. I've been with the company for 8 years and from the start of my career it's always been a pleasant one with a few bumps just as I would like to assume come with any job.
Bank of America
Help Desk Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 15, 2015
Large company with many job opportunities. Growth opportunities are fewer and fewer as you advance with the company. Large company with many job opportunities. Growth opportunities are fewer and fewer as you advance with the company.
Productive and fun working environment
Senior Credit Analyst-Super Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and vacation time
Cons: Very repetitive job functions can get boring
A typical day at work was arriving to work and immediately answering any emails received. They could contain important new training or laws that were vital to your daily job tasks. Management was big on reviewing your goals with you and any calls that were monitored. Co-workers were usually very happy and excited to have a job. The hardest part of the job was attaining goals. Many employees did not like to have to give bad news to the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was understanding it was not personal decisions being made but on facts from their financial past history.
Great Co-workers
Officer; Workflow Coordinator (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Set hours and consistent pay
Cons: Career Advancement
My department was full of great people. A true team that worked together towards a common goal. In a typical day I might work directly with 10 or more associates. During my time with Bank of America, I learned that having a mentor could make or break your career. Management is often dedicated to special projects for the majority of their time and frequently out of the office which makes it important to be your own expert. It also helps to have coworkers in neighboring roles to bounce ideas/questions off of.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you were able to deliver for the customer.
fun place to work. just lacked job security
Bookloss Analyst (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAApril 15, 2015
Final Loan Reconciliation for foreclosed homes. Balance escrow, principle and expenses in route to final loss. Journalize GL account with based on reconciliation.
Productive daily duties
Banking Center Manager (Former Employee), St Johns, FloridaApril 15, 2015
I successfully managed a team of banking center associates with the daily sales and operations duties. Consistently within the top 25% of the banking centers in the Florida region for customer service and sales goals. Coached and created action plans for associates on a daily basis to help improve their productivity.
Not too bad
Teller (Current Employee), ILApril 15, 2015
A typical day at work consist of handling a lot of cash and check transactions.The hardest part of the day is dealing with customers but it is also the most enjoyable, especially when you have customers you have a great connection with. Being at Bank of America has taught me a lot about myself as a person.
It is a great company to work for. Unfortunately, the lack of good management make it hard place to advance .
Teller Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Forest Hills, NYApril 14, 2015
A typical day at work would be a huddle in the morning, get ready to take care of customers, have a clear idea for the goals of the day. Depending on the management, the day and the work is easier to do. The hardest part of the job is the lack of knowledge on the management part that hurts the rest of the team. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers and working as a team with my co-workers.
Fun workplace with excellent potential earnings
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: 401k, excelent learning potential room for advancement
Cons: Far comute with traffic
Answer incoming calls that were transferred based on customers needs of a beneficial loan products.

How to figure Income, filling out a 1003, interviewing the customer to find out what their needs and goals were, pulled credit and reviewed for loan determination. Recommend debt consolidation if necessary with our current products. Go over loan options, secure the customer to lock in the rate.

Most enjoyable part was saving people money and helping them meet there goals.
Earning driven company with marginal compensation for employees..
AVP, Business Card & Consumer Finance Products (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 14, 2015
Though the largest network of banks in the United states, benefits are lack luster which can make home work life experience difficult. Continuing education is needs to be improved so that there are opportunities for vertical movement. The company has a history of laying of staff especially after an acquisition. Compensation is lucrative only in positions that begin in Personal Banking Officer and higher or in key banking areas such as Securities, Merchant Banking, Operations, etc.
Productive and Nice Environment
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER (Current Employee), JACKSONVILLE, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: None I can think of.
Good people, nice perks. Your success always depends on you. Work hard and be patient, you will make good money. Nice bonus makes a big difference.
Asset Manager at Bank of America Managed a nationwide portfolio of residential assets from acquisition to final disposition. Tasked with lowering cyc
Donation Asset Manager, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: 5% matching 401k, 3 weeks PTO, paid hours for volunteer work, good balance of life and work, ability to work from home
Cons: Constantly changing roles, lack of stability, fear of layoffs
Responsible for end to end property preservation, maintenance, make ready and donation to select recipients throughout the United States. Complete a thorough market analysis of each asset prior to listing while adhering to the laws of each state to mitigate risk.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more

Bank Of America Photos