Bank Of America Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,157 reviews matching the search
Great place to work and good place to move up with positions are available.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
Great company to work for. Normal day involved cashing checks, deposits, money orders. I've learned a lot about finances while I've worked there so that's a big benefit. The management was great and always was willing to help you and train you and the coworkers were great as well.
Pros
Good coworkers, great benefits, good environment
Cons
Could get super busy sometimes and hectic because of it.
Positive
Enterprise Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Great company, awesome culture but a bit bureaucratic so it can go along at a plodding pace so that can be a bit frustrating because things move so slowly.
overall a good and friendly place to work
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2016
Productive and good atmosphere to work in, with in house gym to make good use of and stay healthy too. They also had an on campus café which made a good and tasty meal if people chose to buy food instead of brining their lunch to work. Their monthly meetings that would allow employees to relax and play fun games of our choice were also welcome. With monthly or weekly incentives depending on the time of the year there was never a dull moment. Employees were allowed fun prices and to test our competitive edge. I really liked working at bank of America and the people that I got to meet and make friends with, they made the work which was at times challenging seem more like been out with good friends.
Pros
some free lunches and snacks, and seasonal pic nics on campus
Cons
breaks and lunches were at times too close together, schedule not balanced
na
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2016
Top- performing professional with over 10 years progressive experience in banking and finance, seeking to take next career step in banking as a branch manager. Expertise in managing personal, corporate, and small business accounts, and building long-term relationships with customers. Accomplished in selling banking solutions to drive sales and revenue by delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service.
Pros
na
Cons
na
awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 23, 2016
terrible work place. I don't wish working there upon anyone. I hated every second of it. everyday was absolutely awful there. my co-workers were the only reason I even stayed
Great Working Enviorment
Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 23, 2016
Loan Modifications,Short Sales, and Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. Manage a portfolio for multiple mortgagor loan investors. Worked directly with agents,attorneys,homeowners and city officials providing loan servicing options. Identified the appropriate loan option for customers and then provide the best product. Following Investor guidelines,negotiators modified interest rates or extended loan terms. Short sold properties that fell short of the balance of debts secured against the properties. Management team provided good guidance and my Co-workers were the best. The hardest part of the loan servicing business is not being able to fix all loan issues.
Stressful and intense
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2016
The manager wasn't professional with customers, especially if customers had issues concerning their bank account. The culture of the company, they had to many co-workers, who wanted to be the bosses of others, which created problems among the actual manager and others.
Good company good people
Consultant A/P AVP (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2016
company treats its staff as valuable and breeds a nice work environment
As with any bank, lots of paper work and meetings
Great Place
Loan Administrator I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2016
Working at Bank of America I was just starting my family and had two children while employed there. The benefits were great and work family balance was encouraged. They assisted with child care by offering reimbursement. There was a clear map of advancement and the proper training was accomplished to help you reach that goal.
N/a
Business Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 22, 2016
My rating says it all, where the stars highlighted clearly show my opinion for the company. I truly want more advancement in my next position as well as management team that wants to hear my ideas.
It was an nice experience
Preferred Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2016
Bank of America is a great company overall. It has the opportunity for advancement for people who take their job seriously.
Pros
great benefits / great pay /
Cons
management is always changing, guidelines are always changing
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2016
Great place to work, culture was good. Excellent co workers and environment. I learned a lot about managing others and building relationships.
Pros
Salary, benefits
It's not what you know, it's who you know
Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, CAAugust 22, 2016
If you think you are going to make a life time career at B of A you're wrong. I was let go after (b of a retired me) 34 years of loyal service. I was replaced by the sister of one of the local B of A managers. One of the problems with B of A is that it has hired many 20 and 30 year olds as managers that have no respect for older employees much less for customers. They not only think like high school girls, they also act like them. Work ethics are horrible. So if you're young and know someone at the company you will get hired and get to keep your job. Brown nosing helps a lot too.
Cons
Work ethics, not enough tellers, no respect for older employees
Countrywide no longer in existence.
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 22, 2016
Countrywide was a great company while in existence. Unfortunately, with the financial crisis in the mortage industry, there was not opportunity to advance.
Fast paced working environment
Teller Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TX 77429August 22, 2016
Customer facing job, customer interaction, and sales. In charge of tellers, vault, and worked in tandem with fellow managers.
Needs more recreation within the lunch rooms
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 21, 2016
Bank of America is a great company to work for because the company treats its employee fair. All though promotional opportunities are extremely limited. So, If you're looking to advance your career, my advise will be look somewhere else.
Pros
work life and balance, work hours and benefits
Cons
Management needs more training
downsizing
Title Examiner Lead (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 21, 2016
Good for benefits scary the way they did their downsizing. I worked here for 5.5 years. I dont believe at the time when they were downsizing they took into any consideration the dedication of some of the emloyees that were let go in the 1st and 2nd layoff.
Treasury
Treasury Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 21, 2016
Overall a good company to work for with work and life balance. Salary can be better, but overall benefit package makes up for it. Many company perks including vacation and sick days.
Pros
vacation
Cons
pay
Bank of America is an exciting place to work
Senior Operation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 20, 2016
The bank has a system of helping it employees reach their individual goals by providing perks like tuition reimbursement, child care reimbursement, and the organization also provides paid time for the birth of new child or adoption.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
expensive health insurance
Work well with students and good benefits
National Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 19, 2016
Must be detail oriented and well organized. Team work is important and good time management. Tight schedule, must be in on time and leave on time. Past experience is important in some positions.
Pros
Great benefits, good compensation
Cons
HIgh turnover in some areas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.