Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Found 16,720 reviews matching the search
Steady work environment with resources for help, advancement.
Foreclosure and HELOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 21, 2017
Always busy environment. Great benefits. Always learned something new from management, fellow employees and from the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually the customers on the phone.
Pros
Cafeteria in building and able to work select time when you become a mom.
Cons
Two times a week I had to work till 10pm
Tough workplace / high expectations but flexible
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Remote workplace employeeAugust 21, 2017
People are highly skilled and focus on deliverables. Decent compensation .
Tough workplace and stressful . High expectations.
Good benefits and there is enough flexibility in the job.
Pros
Decent compensation, fexibility
Cons
stressful / work load / aggressive deadlines
Tellers are looked down upon
Teller-client service representative (Former Employee) –  Unknown Gulch, IDAugust 21, 2017
Bank of America gives good benefits. But management is terrible. Tellers are looked down on and they make you work 40 hours with only part time benefits. They won't change your hourly status cause they decrease he amount of hours at each center every year. They made promises to hire me full time and never kept the promise. it is an extremely stressful environment. I loved all the customers but management was not nice at all.
Benefits
Cons
Never given your 10 minute break times.
Senior Operations Analyst
Senior Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 21, 2017
Balanced Tellers and ATM’s, utilizing the Teller Journal and Interchanges. Interacted with Banking Centers to help resolve and reduce reoccurrences of various issues.
Good Team, great management support
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 20, 2017
Managers provide good support, it is difficult to balance work-family life due the long hours at my area. I am sure it may be different depending on the specific area you work for.
Pros
paid vacation time, 401 k, overtime paid fairly.
Cons
new hires get better salary, days with long hours of work.
Not great
Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2017
Constant change without rationale explained. Limited contact with supervisor gives the feeling of drifting along without clear direction. Work is fast paced and endless. Bright side, good corporate experience/opportunity to network, and gain financial acumen.
loved working at this place
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 20, 2017
I loved working at this bank, seeing different people every day and willing to identify their needs is what I enjoyed the most. The hardest part is that there is a lot to learn, too much training but that's what it takes to become a good employee and to perform your job accurately. I loved my management and coworkers, they were really compassionate and understandable. There is nothing bad I would say about this financial center.
i enjoyed my time at Bank of America
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2017
Bank of America gave the opportunity to move within the bank and grow in different areas including BSA, Trust, Commercial Loans. I had good, fair managers.
Pros
public transportation; able to move within the Bank
Cons
lay offs
Overall I recommend working at BofA
Senior Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2017
Bank of America is a great company overall. They nurture young people and award them when they perform well. Benefits are great. The only downside is that the level of employees varies from department to department.
the bank sucks
Sr. Operations Representative, (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 20, 2017
I hated working there, they took my dept ad moved to another state, I got nothing, they ruined my career.

I hate the place will never work there again, the people are nice like coworkers, but management sucks

CEO sucks only cares about himself and the money he and his buddys on the board make
Pros
time off
Cons
sucky management
Productive location and fun group to work with.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 20, 2017
Each day, I checked the equipment for functionality, then checked my computer for scheduled customer appointments for the day. I learned to wear may different hats from opening the branch balancing it. I received support from management when needed. The work culture as a bit too driven. Hardest part of the position was finding ways to produce the weekly sales goals. The most enjoyable pert of the job was the friendships I established.
Pros
People
Cons
Weekend hours
Great Experience
Data Analyst, Sample Execution Team Lead, AVP (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2017
Good opportunity to get introduced to banking. Stable, depending on manager you get a lot of support. Lots of benefits and resources at the corporate level. A friendly and collaborative environment that is less cut throat and better work life balance than the rest of the street.
Bring banking back to how it used to be.
Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2017
When I first started it was wonderful. The sales plan was well thought out and fair. However, with the changing times things changed drastically. Even though they were aware of the changing environment they continued to make it difficult.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
High sales goals
Great advancement
Customer Service Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 20, 2017
Excellent at career advancement. great training programs, skilled management in communication and training. Great hours and benefits. teamwork atmosphere and great work ethics
Benefits
Cons
Demanding
Been a long time since working there
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 20, 2017
It was a good environment to work in and they had a lot of employee development options.It's been a long time since I worked there, but I left because I lost interest in the financial industry.
Unachievable goals with a lot of micro-managing
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Highland, MIAugust 20, 2017
Bank of America is a great place to work when it comes to the benefits and salaries received. However, when it comes to upper management and the goal oriented workplace, it puts a damper on job. Instead of focusing on customer satisfaction, Bank of America drives off of sales while customer satisfaction takes a back seat.
Pros
Benefits and Salaries
Cons
Unachievable goals
Family
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 19, 2017
Great place to work. People have treated me as family. From managers to market managers. They will work with you to make sure you advance in whatever career path you'd like to take.
Decent Place to Work
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 19, 2017
It is a great company to work for. There are a few things that needs improvement such as job advancement, job security, more pay, and more opportunity for growth based on your skill set, not because of who you know solely.
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism
productive company
Collector Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2017
B OF A is a great company to be working for. They really do appreciate the work that you give. The company gives great benefits and is a good company to work for.
Very Rigid structure
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 18, 2017
The company is solely focused on Sales; however, pushes an image of customer service and relationship building. As with every other retail bank, BofA isn't much different.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.