Bank Of America Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,848 reviews matching the search
Good balance between work and family
Fraud Analyst II/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 15, 2016
Customer service orientated. Ensured that the customer's fraud claim was worked correctly according to regulations, policies and procedures. Management was easy to work with and understood the balance between work and family. My co-workers were like family. Everyone worked well together to ensure the customer was taken care of. The hardest part of my job was learning the new systems that were installed recently, but I was able to work through it. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great group of people that were like family.
Pros
Benefits, schedule
Cons
loss of incentive payouts
Well educated, dedicated and driven workforce
VP, Process Design Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CANovember 30, 2015
Typical work day included many meetings, decision making, follow-up, assigning action items and updating reports. Long hours. I learned leveraging the DMAIC framework, also Agile scheduling methodologies. Management at BofA was highly vertical, Sr. Leadership decision making was often painfully slow. My co-workers were a pleasure to work with, very dedicated to achieving goals and providing quality results. Hardest part of the job was gaining consensus or approval among many diverse groups before proceeding with any given activity. Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to deliver quality results, which in part was due to structured business processes (however cumbersome at times) and certainly the quality and dedication of the staff.
Pros
Abiliy to work remotely, excellent benefits
Cons
Week-end work to keep up.
Taking a chance
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 17, 2016
We all know that in the banking industry the employee turn over rate can be quite high, I feel this is somewhat due to the constant competitive nature of generating more revenue. When dealing with those type of environments its difficult to maintain stability. Look at it like the stock exchange one day it can be up and the next day it can be down. However we have to put stock in something and with out the banking system I feel it would be like living with no life insurance. Its something that we all need.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
High Employee turn over rate
Great teamwork but terrible management
Teller (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 20, 2016
It's a wonderful place to work for if you need benefits and compensation.Everyone works together for better results. Coworkers were excellent at working hard and treating each other with respect, but Management is greedy. They require sales that are mathematically impossible. They require 10 sales per every 100 customers for each teller. There are 8 tellers and 4 personal bankers on a good day.The place i only open 9am to 4pm. Each teller helps at 150 customers on a regular day.That means the tellers should have 120 sales but each sale takes 30 - 45 minutes depending. So each personal banker can handle at most 14 customers in one day. Management was inundating the personal bankers with too many sales that they were suggesting scheduling customers for appointments but when they are scheduled, the teller doesn't get credit for the sale. None of the tellers were making their goals, even the highest sellers.
Pros
Insurance, sick time, paid leave, awesome coworkers
Cons
Bad management, threatening firing us on a daily basis, and inconsistent scheduling
Run away
Claims Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 24, 2015
I worked there over a year and a half, and thought I would love it. The job itself is easy, a trained monkey can do it. Thing is, management has no idea how to actually manage. They give positions to people that are uneducated, haven't been trained, and then get power hungry. If you're honest in the mid year review of management that's "anonymous" you get fired. Like me. It puts a target on your back if you're honest about the work environment. Please, do yourself the favor and apply to Capital One, Chase, or CITI where you will be treated like a human and not like a replaceable piece of machinery. HR does nothing for you, it's all up to your manage but when your manager is the problem you get "terminated with the bank" might as well not even bother with this place. The pay is great, benefits awesome, the job is easy, but those things will mean nothing if you get treated like scum. Stay away!
Many branches available to accommodate customers
lead and team leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2016
I was okay with working for this company. The benefits are good. Because of the many branches, there was many opportunities to work at different offices. I had worked at 5 different offices over the course of 21 years and the one thing that stood out was that the office always seemed to be short handed either because of absenteeism or just not enough associates working there. This created a more stressful environment. It has been many years since I had worked there and even the last building that I had worked at is no longer in existence so this may not be the case anymore.
High overturn
Quality Analyst/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 23, 2016
Had longevity with the company but with the constant lay offs and lack of job security. I'm no longer with the company. Excellent company benefits, time off , salary was great and promotion/company advancement was a plus
Pros
Excellent company benefits, time off, salary was great and promotion/company advancement was a plus
Cons
lay offs high, can only advance so high
Amazing company to work for initially, great history and possibility to advance.
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2015
Working for Bank of America was an amazing experience. The history of the Bank was very impressive and progressive. Advancement opportunities were available. There was an extraordinary period of growth and changes were excessive, but workable. Training was exceptional. There was always a sense of urgency with every Client that we worked with. They were high level Clients and we had a great deal of authority to complete their requests on every call. Very involved in community and charities.
Pros
Challenging work environment, compensation and benefits were exceptional.
Cons
Was overly aggressive in acquisitions and mergers that created an uneasy morale with employees.
work area never clean
Customer Service Representative II / Credit Card (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 8, 2016
The company is a great company to work for, however management not available when assistance is needed most of the time, co-workers great, polices change almost weekly, not enough time to assist customers without being penalized, lots of favoritism with management and employees, work first family last.
Benefits
Cons
24/7 business, 2 holidays off a year
I learned a lot about financial institutions working for Bank of America
Senior Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Arrowhead, CAJanuary 13, 2016
This job required focus and concentration, due to the high level of money involved. I loved my co-workers, and I learned a lot about financial institutions and how they are ran while working there. I had a lot of responsibility for what I considered a less than optimal amount of pay, but I did love my job. I loved by customers and the relationships I developed with them all.
Pros
Great team of co-workers, great benefits, paid holidays and vacations
Cons
Lower hourly pay than most banks, high expectations as far as human error or mistakes
I should not have left the company
Mortgage Loan Officer NMLS (Former Employee) –  Oakton, VAMarch 13, 2016
Great company they honestly provide good qaulity benefits and work life balance for their employees. Hardest part is the demand to meet quotas. Everyone in the branch needs to work together on this. There are no individuals there. Most enjoyable part is having a day off during the week.
benefits
Cons
sales pressure
Outstanding Culture and Community Oriented Company
Senior Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 15, 2016
Outstanding. Great bunch of people to work with and for. Great work life balance. Management always seems to consider your "Family" needs first. Great culture and environment to work in. Nice benefits package too....
Terrible company to work for. Sorry, don't do it.
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 14, 2016
Just don't waste your time. They will use you, abuse you, push you to the max and then threaten to replace you like you're a worthless piece of trash. They don't value their employees at all and all of their moves are strategic only to feed the top executives who only see you as a number to make their pockets fatter. If you work there you will be a peasant, you will experience stress, overload of work, terrible non functional slow tools that don't assist in your success. Expect random changes in company policies, performance goals and added uncompensated job responsibilities. You will walk on eggshells and NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH no matter how hard you try. Managers will come down on you with the third degree if you are not surpassing goals. High turnover with employees, game of politics & favoritism to make it anywhere to a higher level within the company. This company is the worse place I've ever worked for. I didn't go in thinking I would say this but it's true, it's heartless corporate America and you will be a depressed robot wondering if anyone knows who you are and if you'll ever be good enough.
Pros
Benefits, Community volunteer opportunities, Pot lucks
Cons
Stressful, Unpredictable Compensation, Just a robot another number, Never good enough, Super fast paste, Poor reports & job tools, They lie, Heavy workload, Low job security, High turnover
productive work place
National Sales & Service Legal Document Review Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2016
Very busy place to work, lots of calls.
Learned a lot about the banking business.
Management styles varied at different levels.
Worked with a bunch of good people.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to accommodate all of the people all of the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
vacatiom based on seniority
Summary
Professional Teller and Serive Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 3, 2015
Each day started with the typical commercial deposit clients whom on average would make 2-3 deposits at a time. The day would then expand to public clients whom would need to complete a variety of transactions small and large. Each day with Bank of America my customer service skills such as communication, listening, problem solving, and product promotion grows stronger. As a team our typical day involved two representatives behind the counter so we are consistently fast paced and challenged. Due to only having two representatives we had to use time management, and multi-tasking stills daily to insure all tasks and services are accomplished in unison. I do receive good health benefits, the convenience of banking hours 9-5, and all holidays off.
constant upper management turnover
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 14, 2016
Sales goals are increasing every year. But one of our main jobs was to show customers how to do banking without coming into the banking center. You can't sell if their is nobody coming in to sell to. Unfortunately, banking at the branch level is a dying career.
Pros
great insurance benefits
Cons
goals getting higher/ opportunity lower
Productive family work environment
Professional Teller (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 11, 2016
The days were similar however never the same. Everyday was a new experience. We provided excellent customer service while receiving and redistributing cash efficiently. 360 coaching which helped everyone become better. I learned various sales techniques that I can use throughout my career.
Pros
Great benefits, Holidays
Help you to be productive, nice place to work
Officer- Test Lead - ETL/DW/Reporting/MRF (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 28, 2016
This place helps you to grow, flexible work hour. Great compensation.Free coffee, work from home if needed for family reasons, bad weather, off hours.
Pros
Free coffee, work from if needed for family reasons, bad weather, off hours
Cons
At times need to work long hours.
Amazing place to work
Project Manager and Sr. QA Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Alpheretta, gaFebruary 12, 2016
Very nice environment to work. Very Systematic and well organized . A fun place to work . Sees to your needs and provides flexibility. Gives a lot of work life balance. Learned a lot at BOA and I can take it and apply it at my next job.Great team to work with .. just like family.
Pros
Vacations, flexibility, benifits
Cons
Promotions
Officer; Senior Business Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMarch 22, 2016
There are opportunities to learn operations, project management, and they provide many resources to expand one's skills.

Excellent Job Work/Life Balance, benefits and opportunities for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.