Bank Of America
9,763 reviews

Bank Of America Employer Reviews

Good company just not a lot of job advancement
Business Support Lead, Alternative Investments (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Good , solid, secure company. If you have the right people to support you and mentor you it could be a good place to work. they have offices all over the country.
Fun workplace
Centralized Small Business Banker (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Fun workplace, constant change
stay on the dialer
management is kind and caring
always room for development
it is a good place to work overall
competetive pay
Flexible work arrangements
Vendor Reporting and Analytics (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Bank of America offers great benefits with flexible work arrangements and health benefits.Get fit and active program to help promote fitness and all around healthy living.
Constant cost cutting and layoffs
Technology Project Manager (Former Employee), Southern CaliforniaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: likeable co-workers, good work-life balance
Cons: constrant threat of layoffs
The workload is manageable and the teams were generally very cooperative. People enjoy working together. The project management methodology is loose; the software development methodology is more structured.

The bank is in a shrinking mode between the "New BAC" work ongoing headcount reductions in the Servicing area, Technology (off-shoring), and branch consolidations. I think the CEO is trying to juice the stock price.

HR is also beginning to hire people into lower-level job codes for less money than they did previously.
AVP Operation Team Manager
Litigation Specialist (Current Employee), Simi Valley, CAFebruary 26, 2015
 Manage a team of 8 specialists.
 Responsible for signing important documents for the bank as well as Attorney in Fact for other servicers.
 Responsible for approving settlements within my authority of 25K. Present settlement over 25k to In-house Legal Dept.
 Assist attorneys during the litigation process. Coordinate legal documents such as pleadings, interrogatories and trial notices.
 Analyze documents and records to determine case merit and assign to legal.
 Worked with foreclosure litigation attorneys and participate during all phases of the litigation process, from the commencement of proceedings to the discovery period, through trial, post-trial, settlement and appeals.
 Managed 500 cases as well as travel providing witness testimony in court and for depositions.
 Honored with global recognition awards by management
It's a good company
Senior .Net Developer/Web Developer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2015
i learned many things here what do they useful for my future career.How to work with team and how to manage the work in with in time .
Great Learning experience
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NcFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good managers
Cons: every 3 years threat of losing my job
I started at Bank of America when it was still NationsBank. The bank changed constantly after the merger. I learned from good managers how to manage my time and to share my skills. Job was never secure at BofA as bank was constantly reorganizing and laying off employees.
I only worked for Bank of America for a couple of months
Home Loan Agent (Former Employee), Henderson, NVFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: we were able to work from home.
Cons: loan policies were so tight but that was during the transition and policies were changing everyday.
As Countrywide was taken over by Bank of America, I only worked for Bank of America for a couple of months and they laid off previous Countrywide employees. Countrywide was a very nice company to work for. We were basically getting paid by commission with very low based pay.
Human Resources Corporate Recruiter
VP, Sr. Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Bank of America - 15 years
Mentor/Coach Recruiters and Associates seeking new roles
Resume development
I am the top performer on my team
I am an Exceed performer at Bank of America
I absolutely enjoy what I do. It is my passion to continue my career within the Human Resources field.
The hardest part of my job is having to share the bad news that I am not able to offer a candidate the job.
Review Summary
IT Program Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2015
An Innovative company. Changing to be more competative.
Workign in Consumer Banking PMO.
Implementing a new streamlined standardized reporting
in a new automated solution
Bank of America Culture
Personal Banker & Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
Bank of America has been a challenge to work in their environment. It continually goes through changes with their policies and procedures. They makes it hard for their employees to try and achieve within the company. The turn over rate is very high. They always want the personal bankers to keep pushing products on customers that can't afford to maintain their product.
Productive work environment
Loan Processor/ Underwriter (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 26, 2015
In this position it required a lot of quality assurance, production based goals, detail to guidelines and determination
Great , structured company.
Teller/Collection Accumulator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: large company
Cons: long drive
Training was excellent. Really enjoyed being a teller and working with customers and coworkers. Loved the large corporation and structure that came along with it.
Banking
Small Business Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: helping clients
Cons: nothing
Help others with their finances and deepening relationships with every client. You really get to know your clients so it is a honor to help them establish their savings and purchasing a new home.
Employee Oriented
Foreclosure Specialist II (Former Employee), dallas texasFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: growth in the company
Cons: lay off within the company
Love Bank of America started my career in the lock box area and moved up to the Mortgage side of bank an plenty of growth and opportunity within the company
challenging
Banking Center Manager II (Former Employee), Weymouth, MAFebruary 25, 2015
Management always changing, retention of both employees and customers the biggest issue. The typical day starts with meeting with the team
Great place to work.
Customer Service Manager / Business Card Manager (Former Employee), Newark, DEFebruary 25, 2015
Great leadership. Great people to work with and for. The only reason I left this position was to persue a position that highlighted my abilities. Management provides great leadership.
Great Place
Small Business Banker (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Great upper management they really are in it to assist clients to meeting there goals. However they make it difficult to move up within the area.
Great workplace.
Portfolio Management Officer (Current Employee), Concord, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Great co-workers. Too big of a company for one person to make a difference. I really hated the old building and old cubicles.
Great benefits not so great work environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: 30 min lunch breaks, not very accommodating to pregnant and nursing moms, all about the numbers and not about the customers
It's an ok place to work if your all about sales. Numbers drive this company and you can be the best employee if the sales aren't there you won't last. Not a very fun environment to work in. Great pay and benefits. Pay for child care, paid maternity leave, paid vacations and holidays. Benefits start immediately.

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more

Bank Of America Photos