Bank Of America Employee Reviews

Found 15,042 reviews matching the search
Parking was good. Job was demanding but senior managers often played favorites.
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 20, 2017
Very Stressful and cut-throat environment. senior management was slow to listen and often showed favoritism to specific "friends". Very lopsided when it comes to Sales versus Service.
Pros
Pay was comparable
Cons
Attitudes, demeanor, or senior management was horrible, lacked empathy. very buddy buddy oriented
Fun workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth NjApril 20, 2017
Very nice team work, enjoyed working with the girls that worked with me we helped each other with a problem and won't leave the branch until the problem is resolved.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Switch managers often
Worked with a lot of good people and the environment was good as well.
Genesis 10 Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 20, 2017
I learned a lot while working for BOA. My management was supportive and helpful. The workplace culture was great, you could always reach out to one of your team members for assistance.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 20, 2017
Great bank with great benefits. Great opportunity to move up. Only complaint is that the the hr lady who was supposed to speak to me about a person banker position i never ended up speaking with. I ended up speaking with some guy who only offered me a teller position. A little frustrating consider i had to settle for a position below the one i was offered. But other then that i like the company and hope to be with them for a long time.
Fun place to work with good benefits and management support
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXApril 20, 2017
Great management support with fun thrown in on a daily basis. The management team ensured that they continued their education in order to be able to assist their team to become the best they could be. Unfortunately, the ability to advance is not easily available to those at the branch level. Additionally, salaries are lower than those at other organizations.
Pros
management support, fun, management knowledge
Cons
low salaries, difficult to advance
Great
Teller (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 20, 2017
Great place to work and wonderful coworkers. Management is also. Tons of benefits and paid time off. Sale experience is preferred and great counting and people skills
OK job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLApril 20, 2017
Really was just somewhere to get started. No job security. Benefits where good and had great hours. Great career advancements but just no job security. Really would not want to work there again.
Great place to work, depending on your location.
Vice President, Client Fulfillment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2017
Was a great place to work, until they decided to make cuts and changes within the work structure. It's bad when you work for someone who does not have a clue as to what the job entails.
Great learning experience, productive, advancement oppurtunity
Mortgage Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 19, 2017
Bank of America was a great company to work for. The benefits along with the work schedule was great for my family. The culture at Bank of America was very diverse which made it that much more fun.
Pros
hour lunches, went hand in hand with my degree i am working towards
Cons
Not enough time for team building
A good place
Digital Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2017
It has its ups and downs. The one thing I never liked was the fact that management would always be changing, there was never any stability between managers and never any communication. Transparency was never the strongest suit of BofA, nor was it even a concern from management down to the employees.
Productive and Fast Paced
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 19, 2017
I enjoy working at Bank of America, as it is fast paced and my day goes by quickly. I deal with different types of clients every day. My favorite part of the job is meeting new people and helping them take advantage of their bank accounts and get enrolled in our preferred rewards programs. The hardest part of the job is making referrals and/or balancing your cash drawer at the end of the day.
banking isnt easy
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 19, 2017
lots of government regulations and rules. most offices are revolving doors for management. typical banking environment. training was good extensive
A great experience in the banking industry. I learned a lot.
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Absecon, NJApril 19, 2017
Good Company to work for. There was room for advancement. Everyday was a new customer experience. It was nice getting to know my customers, personally. It can be an intense business and it is very critical to know follow all steps. I enjoyed working in the environment.
have good benefits. As a retired employee of Bank of America. I still have the benefits as when I was still working.
Senior Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 19, 2017
I love my manager, They are very understanding with employees needs. They are always on you side. My manager give good reviews. What I disagree in corporate decisions is sending jobs to place where there is cheap labors, where the results of them laying off their existing employees.
Pros
bonuses are given to deserving employees. Gives award when goals are acheived.
Cons
laying off employees as their jobs are being diverted to other location .
Recruiter/ Recruiting Coordinator
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time with the bank. Had a very strong team work environment. A lot was virtual but everyone acted as if on the same team. Just had a log of re-organizations. I had a few great Managers. My last Manager only had me for a few month as a result of a re-organizie before I was laid off.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
to many chiefs
fun but demanding place to work. so many metrics to meet.
Senior Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  kennessaw, gaApril 19, 2017
It was a fun place to work, very demanding, but some things could be done better. Upward mobility was hard-seem like it was based on who you know rather than on your knowledge or skills. The benefits was very good.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long commute
Good experience
Banker ,real estate agent (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 19, 2017
Acquired lots of sales training techniques,extensive customer service training,Lots of computer experience-Great benefits with paid time off-Lots of volunteer time available
Pros
good benefits
Cons
gossip mill
Great Company to Work for
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2017
High level of autonomy, peers respect each other. high stress but well paid positions for those motivated in progressing their careers and contributing to the success of the company
Your manager and banking center assignments will determine your succes/failure
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Plaistow, NHApril 18, 2017
Constant escalation is needed as processing and underwriting departments do not act or respond otherwise so who your manager is will heavily influence your income. I had good and bad managers while there and it made all the difference in productivity.
Pros
HUGE CUSTOMER BASE
Cons
TERRIBLE PROCESSING AND UNDERWRITING DEPARTMENTS
great
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 18, 2017
very good experience
nice place to work
fun work environment
lots of opportunity to enrich
commute less
work life balance
nice compensation
job culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank Of America. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval