Bank Of America Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,678 reviews matching the search
Pays well, but lots of re-orgs
V.P. Struct. Cred & Asset Prod (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2016
Pays well in some areas, but lots of re-orgs. Poor life work balance. You survive by networking your way out. You productivity is measure not by how well you do what you do; but mostly by what others think about you. If you are great at networking, then this firms is great for you. But if you are an introvert, it is unlikely you can make a move up, unless you have a God father.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Lots of re-orgs... not much role stability
I have enjoyed working here for the past 5 years.
Office of the CEO and President (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 29, 2016
All of management have been great to work with. My associates have all supported me and been a pleasure to work with. Helping clients with their issues by reviewing their cases which are worked on by Bank of Americas dedicated resolution specialists. We work towards improving our overall satisfaction towards our customers. Working with cases that involve the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Attorney General, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Senators, Congressman etc. I enjoyed assisting our Resolution Specialists to better assist our customers with accurate and timely information, while completing my day to day responsibilities.
Great place to work for good benefits
Sales and Service Specialist/ Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 29, 2016
Develops and retains customer relationships by uncovering needs,
assessing customer interests, opening and maintaining customer
accounts.
Assists in execution of strategic plans by reviewing team sales goals.
Researched banking guidelines and statutory requirements to stay
updated on new laws and applications.
Achieved proper compliance and accurate executive level reporting.
Opened new customer accounts, including checking, savings and lines
of credit.
Pros
good lunch
Cons
no enough staff
Great place to work with opportunity to learn and grow.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 29, 2016
Bank of America can provide a multitude of growth and development, most which requires independent initiation. Excellent source for networking and Career Pathing. While compensation does not stay competitive with the industry there is a fair amount of work-life balance, team synergy and (depending on your department or line of work) opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great source for computer based training, mentoring or learning
Cons
compensation packages, current 'right sizing'
Not what it used to be
Banker (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 29, 2016
I have been with BAC for about 20 years now. The culture has changed dramatically. In my opinion the focus is no longer on the associate or the customers -- it is solely about the revenue and the money. To many of the bankers are being led by intimidation and micromanaged with numerous reports and metrics that they don't understand and many of which are out of their control.
Pros
large company with great technology
Cons
sales pressure, poor leadership and micromanaging to metrics
Ver Busy work environment
Mortgage Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 29, 2016
Depending on the day, work flow could be very busy but could work overtime.
Each role hade a wide variety of learning requirements but a few which were common and on going update, were bankruptcy laws, and anti-money laundering internal and external process which were just a few.
Management style encouraged team work.
Great co-workers
Can't say there were difficult parts of the job.
The recognition was enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Balance of work and home
Cons
Days could be long
Fast paced and detail oriented.
Production Specialist/R&R SME/QA & QC (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2016
The day to days are highly structured and focused on production. Time management and organization is key to completing the daily tasks. Management is structured and focused on helping associates complete assignments quickly and correctly. The people and the culture is very rewarding.
Pros
Constant learning and the support of fellow associates
Cons
Ever change work environment
It's a job
Customer Marketing Sales (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 10, 2016
The job has great benefits such as backup care for emergency baby or adult sitter. Medical benefits were good and great discounts for employees on merchandise. The pay should have matched the responsibilities a lot better. We were pressured to keep customers on the phone who were calling to activate a credit card which affected the ability to get payout.
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS
Cons
Not enough pay and support from management.
Overall great place to work, albeit too much movement to feel stable
Senior Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 28, 2016
The management is constantly in a flux state. The associates are always left with a shaky feeling, due to organizational change after organizational change. The camaraderie among fellow associates was some of my favorite memories, but the movement for movement's sake, kept the goals from being easily reached, due to ever shifting priorities.
Pros
camaradarie
Cons
organizational changes and movement
A different day everyday!
Customer Service Specialist and Teller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work would be organizing cash, greeting customers, addressing customer issues, and selling bank products to consumers. I learned that i have great potential to sell company products. Management did a daily meeting everyday which was very productive to meeting daily goals. Co workers helped each other with company product sales and using our time at work productively.
Constant recognition, spirit points, maximum raises, life works.
Credit Service Specialist/Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2016
Supported Vice President by acting as assistant manager. Distributed daily work flow and monitored reports. Planned events, arranged monthly conference calls. Maintained vacation schedules, expense reports, ordered supplies. Accounts payable, receivable and payroll.
Pros
Recognition and kudos. School reimbursement
Cons
A happy former Bank of America employee...
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 4, 2016
I enjoyed working for Bank of America during my 13 years tenure with the company.

It was a pleasure working with my team members who were a hard working, dedicated group of people. It was a sad day when we were laid off due to reduction in force (RIF). I would return in a heartbeat if the opportunity arises.
Pros
Good benefits ... Good pay ... Close to home
Cons
Seeing so many of your friends being laid off.
supervised data entry group
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 5, 2016
Supervised 12 employees
Worked with each employee to help them grow within the job and to learn other skills to enable them to move up within the company
Wrote yearly evaluations
Determined yearly pay increases
Worst part of job was when work was moved off shore to India and employees and myself where left without jobs
Pros
enjoyed working with the people
Cons
losing job due to work being sent to India
Professional and Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 16, 2016
Working for Bank of America will prepare you for any work environment. Training is second to none. I enjoyed my tenure at Bank of America. I loved my customers and always found pleasure in helping my clients achieve their personal goals. The hardest part of the job was the constant change; however, change meant an opportunity. Management had a lot of turnover. Constant change but one learns to adapt.
Good experience Poor work culture
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJMarch 23, 2016
You will learn how to quickly learn how to dissect problems over the phone. If you survive the 1st 30 days on the phone you will have gained patience. This skill you can take to your next company as process improvements you may suggest will largely be ignored. As a contractor expect to work every holiday with one exception to choice between working a shift on either Christmas or Thanksgiving. Bring a deck of cards on those days or a book to read.
Pros
You will learn patience
Cons
Working holidays
Manager
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 16, 2016
High-profile management position accountable for soliciting business accounts and developing strategic alliances with clientele.
Develop tactics to increase assets and profitability within a territory consisting of six franchises throughout Phoenix metropolitan area.
Devise and implement innovative marketing principles and promotional sales events for commercial projects to further support financial growth.
Cross-sell banking services and products to clientele.
Participate in community events to position the bank as a leader within the territory.
Highlights:
Personally responsible for driving the sales in 16 banking centers in the North West Phoenix.
Awarded Top Performer award for placing in the 5% in Arizona and the franchise.
Wire Exception Clerk
WIRE TRANSFER EXCEPTION (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2016
Processed wire transfers from customers
How the banking industry worked with the Federal reserve bank
the co-workers all had a job to do and we pretty much did not partake in small talk.
hardest part it was very repetitive, doing the same thing 40 hours a week with no change.
the hardest part was banks don't pay well.

enjoyable was when we would get a funny spelling for Way Houza (weyerhouser).
Pros
stable job
Cons
commute
Fun place to work
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 19, 2016
Fun place to work the people I worked with was great people. I enjoyed the quarterly offsite outings we was allowed to go on. I had some pretty cool managers not all was cool over the 7 yrs I was with the BOA. The hardest part about my job was the lack of the of coaching from the manager. What I enjoyed most was the people I worked with in foreclosure.
Pros
The offsite outing we would take as a team.
Cons
the layoffs
not a fun work place. but the employees are great!
Customer Marketing and Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 19, 2016
This may not apply to all of Bank of America but in the department I worked for the Work although quite simple was complicated by politics and some poor management. There were rules that seemed only apply to certain individuals and there was unfair treatment. The best thing about it are the employees. All were well trained and very hard workers. The hardest part was quality call inspections and trying to make sure to read verbatim all the disclosures with out missing a word.
Pros
great health care benefits
Cons
short lunches
Productive and fun place to work
Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 18, 2016
A typical day at work involved reviewing title searches and performing quality control. I learned to review liens and judgments. The management was excellent in that we were recognized for achievements via Global Recognition Awards. My co-workers were eager and willing to provide assistance and training. The most enjoyable part of the day was when we celebrated birthdays or holidays. The hardest part of the job was receiving negative feedback from the searchers regarding the quality control issues.
Pros
Recognition for work well done
Cons
Repetitive work