Bank Of America
7,691 reviews

Bank Of America Employer Reviews

Great place to start a career in the business field of banking
Customer Service Liason (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: laid back and comfortable business environment
Cons: very demanding of patience in regards to customer complaints
Awesome employee benefits, nice people to work with, 401k plan,
differential scheduling supported
professional workplace
Unit Manager - Vendor Management (Current Employee), Agoura Hills, CAJuly 13, 2014
good workplace
where I got my experience there for last 16 years.
Don't work at the Fuquay Varina Branch Bank of America
personal banker (Former Employee), fuquay varina, ncJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good technology
Cons: bad management
I was a new employee here. They hired me because of my sale experience, but when I arrive, she would not let me use my skills or talents. During training on the job, I couldn't even hold a conversation with a customer.. if I did.. she would pull me aside and ask "what are you doing? Don't do that". There were multiple occasions after training that she – more... would come in and watch over me while I was trying to close a sale. One time she even talked a customer out of consenting to make a decision. I am sure this company is good but the way this branch is handled is totally disappointing. All the business is directed to a seasoned banker there and new bankers are left with the scraps. This is not just my opinion. They cannot keep new banker there. I found out that I was the 3rd male banker within less than a year. None stuck around.
UPDATE: I ended up leaving that branch and went to a competing branch. I started off as a entry level banker and have moved up to a personal banker 4 in just a few months. I am only stating my opinion about this branch, not the district manager or the other manager I interviewed with. I had a choice of working at the RTP branch with a very vibrant manager and now regret not choosing that location, but am happy in the position I am in now. – less
Good as any place to work
Fraud Analyst II (Former Employee), Kennesaw GeorgiaJuly 12, 2014
Pros: access to management
Cons: n/a
Pretty good place to work. Hours not always desirable to those with young children (odd hours). Hardest part is the constant change in what your job responsibilities include. Most enjoyable are the attempts at building employee morale.
Productive and relaxed subordinates.
Part Time Teller (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJuly 12, 2014
Pros: nice pleasant environment
I have always liked the people I have worked with. A day at work,
I give my all to my employer. I'm from the old school where we were taught not to say "that's not my job."
I have been retired since 2006, traveling with my husband and
then taking care of him. (I am a widow, lost my husband in 2010)
I have now recovered from the loss and feel I still – more... have some productive energy to give to a part time job.

I am seeing a part time position of a clerical nature - I have also done a ton of filing. – less
High paced and demanding environment with very smart people
Executive (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good compensation, excellent environment to be stretched and grow professionally
Cons: the pace is often frantic, and organizations and leadership changes are constant
Bank of America is a very large company, so the experience any one associate has will vary depending upon which area of the bank they find themselves. The past 3-4 years have been "interesting" at the very least, with the Great Recession, and the impact of the purchase of Countrywide Mortgage, and the toxic loans that came with it.
Productive, but fun work environment.
Senior Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Getzville, NYJuly 12, 2014
A typical work day began with checking emails/messages ensuring I responded to them within a timely fashion. From there I would begin working on any open projects I had or any work that either my direct manager, or her colleague (the other team's manager), would send me. Projects sent from my manager would take precedent unless there was a conference – more... call that day or another project had a closer deadline. Although endless work existed in order to ensure the Case Management line of business ran properly, there existed an enjoyable mood throughout the department. Relaxing and comfortable place to work. Bank of America truly provides for it's employees. – less
Good job with great oppurtunity for growth.
Mortgage Servicing Specialist III (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 11, 2014
My experience at bank of America was great and I was sad to see it end.
Great job team work
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2014
worked for 32 years, in several different departments, have worked with many people also vested with many years in the company. many procedure changes making a learning experience everyday. Enjoyed the work knowing at the end of the day you have satisfied the customers needs.
nice
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Utica, NYJuly 11, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: short breaks
fast pace* 20+ years of accurate, successful administrative experiences
* Proven effective supervisory skills
* Extensive computer record keeping skills.
Productived and fun workplace
Bank Teller (Part-Time) (Current Employee), New JerseyJuly 11, 2014
Awesome place to gain knowledge on improving financial lives.
Excellent company, family atmosphere, good benefits, stable with good management and staff.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2014
Pros: opportunities for overtime, good working hours
Cons: layoffs
High production job, made time go by quickly, learned to operate specialized mail equipment, learned all about postage and postage equipment; good fair management; fun co-workers, long time friends. Enjoyed friendships and also enjoyed working with mail.
Professional and upstanding place of business
TELLER OPERATION SUPERSVISOR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2014
Run teller drawer while supervising 4-6 tellers per day. Balanced main vault and ATM every night and required to open banking center per rules and regulations. I've learned how to multitask in a fast paced environment, supervise and coach peers effectively and provide effective operational leadership. Banking center manager was very professional and – more... a exceptional leader. Co-workers were professional and knowledgeable of banking center rules and regulations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the personable nature of interacting with customers and also the everyday knowledge gained from management and peers. – less
Work Life Balance
Teller Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 10, 2014
No real work life balance in my case. Schedule can change daily with or without notice.
Worse place to work in terms of compensation for non managers
Officer, Business Control, Reporting and Analytics (Current Employee), Plano, TexasJuly 10, 2014
Worse place to work in terms of compensation for non managers
Customer Relations
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee), Tampa FLJuly 10, 2014
Helping customers to the best of my ability and feeling great that I was able to meet their needs and gained their trust in me and the company I represent.
Fun Data Driven Environment
COMPLIANCE QUALITY ANALYST (Former Employee), Richardson TxJuly 10, 2014
Writing Policies and Procedures for the company and specific departments.
The value of having these policies and procedures in place
Great management
Great Coworkers
Finding the hidden information
Coming to work
Fast Paced work load
Return Mail Associate (Current Employee), Newark, DEJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good team enviornment
Cons: n/a
Typically we have to process all return mail in a timely matter to meet all SLA deadlines
Great Environment
Home Servicing Specialist II (HSSII) (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: employee friendly
Cons: the constant lawsuits are forcing them to outsource too much labor both domestic and abroad.
Great environment and very employee friendly, they promote a healthy work-life balance.
Well rounded company with both employee & community in mind.
Banker (Former Employee), Frederick, MD & Kissimmee, FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: 401k matching, on going training and much much more.
Cons: like most, health care could be better priced.
A must company for the truly devoted. great incentive package, bonuses, 401 K matching program, tuition reimbursement.

About Bank Of America

Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries – Read more

Bank Of America Photos