Bank of China Employee Reviews

Help to make a good bid
Tender Assistant (Former Employee) –  Xi'an, CNMay 29, 2017
After reading the tender from the company who wants to make a loan transaction with Bank of China, help my conductor to evaluate and decided the future of the company and whether give them money.
free atmosphere and creative colleague relationship
Loan Collection Intern (Former Employee) –  Changzhou, CNMay 14, 2017
start at 9:00 a.m. in the morning, before that, we do a very brief motivation. It's important to have a creative and activity relationship with the colleague because as a new intern, experienced worker can share a lot about the company culture and their experience.
The hardest part for the job is to build a long term and positive relationship with the customers because the investing bank need their long-term customer to ensure the achievement and as a part of the team, it is my responsibility to have a positive attitude on everything.
Pros
free atmosphere
Cons
unchangeable work
cooperative and innovative
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Yulin, ShaanxiMay 3, 2017
When got in bad condition, the supervisor will get staffs together to discuss the methods to get out or mitigate rather than blame or keep blind. And we can had experiment before implementing strategy to check and adjust. So this experience made me be a detail-oriented fast leaner!
People are friendly but not willing to share what they know
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
Many people are doing the same job for 10+ years and not willing to change a bit. Not a good place to start career. Job security is good. A lot of manual work.
Good company to work for
Finance Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Qingdao, CNApril 26, 2017
Bank of China is a very good place to work for. It offers a wonderful working environment and the office is clean and neat. Your job will be challenging but not frustrated. You will have balanced work and life balance.
Pros
Environment, word life balance
Cons
Company culture
Workplace culture
Intern, Credit Department (Former Employee) –  BaodingApril 24, 2017
Everyone is good and easy going in bank of china. People works hard and know what to do in their positions. Our team leader is democratic and like to hear different voice.
Progress
Assistant Foreign Exchange Manager (Former Employee) –  Chengdu, CNMarch 7, 2017
As a emergent market, the financial industries do not have such competitive as Bank of China has. Reliable clients, excellent managing group, and government support.
Huge company
Assistant Project (Former Employee) –  Hangzhou, CNFebruary 20, 2017
Very large company, many departments and employees. Highly efficient and well managed. It may require extra hours in some busy weeks.
Working Responsibilities
Compliance Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Daily working responsibilities include compliance assignments related to money laundering and terrorist financing as well as any other financial crimes.
Assistant Loan Officer Internship
Assistant Loan Officer Internship (Former Employee) –  ChinaJanuary 17, 2017
Assistant Loan Officer Internship December 2013 – February 2014
• Quantified the customers’ capacity to repay the loan by data collection
• Dealt with loan services for customers under instructions
• Assisted the director in a variety of basic business operations
A very nice workplace for young people
Intern (Former Employee) –  成都市January 13, 2017
people are very nice in the workplace
management is perfect
teamwork is the most important part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job is the training class
State-owned commercial bank exp
Individual Wealth Management Associate (Former Employee) –  ChinaJanuary 12, 2017
Bank of China is one of the state-owned commercial banks in China. Experienced employers, well regulated and is a good platform to learn and get improved.
It was fun..
Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  a Banker and a teacherJanuary 5, 2017
I has experienced to work in Bank of China. I was a bank and a education teacher also.
I was sacksful in doing training employers 1500 person passed
GED.
Friendly Co-workers
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  zhengzhouDecember 25, 2016
Assessed 30 clients’ creditworthiness and provided them consulting and credit card services
Worked with 1 real-estate agency to issue $ 150,000 residential mortgages
Provided basic banking services, such as opening banking account and transferring money
great experience
International Business Intern (Former Employee) –  shenzhen, ChinaDecember 21, 2016
friendly co-workers
systematic training, fun working environment,
job rotation,
exposure to new knowledge
free lunch
interesting socializing
good working environment
Internship (Business Development Department) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2016
Good working environment with very friendly teammates and mentors. Helping with Chinese big companies to set up subsidiaries in the U.S. And provide loans to S&P 500 international companies. Only con is the salary, too low.
Cons
low salary (lower than average)
Good place for beginners
Associate, Corporate Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
good life/work balance.
nice coworkers
good job stability

reluctant for improvement
lack of automation
limited career advancement

pay not good
benefit ok
Great bank with a lot of opportunities
Compliance Senior Manager / BSA Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
Good location with Bryant Park view
A lot of opportunities especially in regulatory compliance and risk management area
Good culture and talented coworkers
Hours is good
The biggest governmental bank in china and really great experience to work there
Customer Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Guan Nan, Lian Yun Gang, Jiangsu, ChinaOctober 26, 2016
For each customer service internship group member, BOC give us great chance to build up our own ideas about improving our customer experience level. I really appreciate that the bank of china care about each employee's ideas. We usually have a group meeting at Friday night after work and we can communicate and exchange our opinions during the whole week working experience.
This internship helps me easily to build up great relationship with clients and group members. Each of us will have some specific clients that we need to follow up and give them the phone call periodically. And we also be responsible for our e-bank promotion and advertising. Sometimes the clients specific requests and misunderstand will give us a little bit pressure when dealing with them. However there always be one supervisor that we can ask for help and tutoring.
Productive and fun place
Assistant Manager, Risk Analysis and Management (Former Employee) –  长沙市October 24, 2016
Extensively analyzed business models and market economic indicators to recommend appropriate loan amount and loan options to clients; Results were compiled into business report that was shared with 9 senior managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of China. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4