Bank of China Employee Reviews

working in a friendly work environment
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2015
As an intern, I mainly assisted auditor to conduct anti-money laundry audit, and translate the project report. During this internship, I learned how to perform internal audit in a commercial bank, and which section is significant for a bank. Besides, I learned how to plan and write the report and other relevant work paper. Bank of China has a quite friendly work environment. All of my co-workers and manager are friendly to each other. It was like I was working with a big family. Although it was busy season when I worked there, I really enjoyed and fortunately I did all works well. In conclusion, I love worked there because I was able to learn and practice in my daily work.
workhard place
International Clerical Analyst (Former Employee), C30May 21, 2015
• Explanation of Financial statements to customers.
• Directing Customer to enhanced banking services.
• Attained skills and knowledge in different areas of the company such as Investment, Financial services
• Assist customers with wealth and financial management planning.
• Develop strategies for customers regarding exchange rates in their business and financial dealings.
• Conduct training and supervision of internship students to assist in their transition into the banking industry.
The division of labour is clear-cut, each one being charged with specific responsibilities.
Graduation Practice (Former Employee), ZhenjingApril 7, 2015
Verified whether the exporter’s documents conformed to the L/C
Handled international remittance settlement and L/C settlement
good
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee), C25March 10, 2015
good place to work and study. People are really nice and helpful. I have learned a lot there and would love to go back if possible.
comfortable and easy work environment
Intern (Former Employee), C04February 19, 2015
Familiar with main economic activities of financial institution; mastered the bank accounting practice systematically under the leadership of the responsible person Coordinated with another intern to conduct institution credit code certificate; registered and maintained these certificates; responded to clients’ inquiries
Learnt basic business and process of the business department; searched and collected clients information; report daily work content to the manager
Excellent Company
Database Management Intern (Former Employee), Xi' an, Shaanxi, ChianFebruary 11, 2015
Designed, developed and tested “Hengqian Education Resource Library Software” to realize education
resource management and sharing among several education organizations using C++ within a team
Designed and implemented the database for the software to handle the data persistence in SQL Server
Nice people working here
Summer Internship (Former Employee), Xuzhou, ChinaJanuary 29, 2015
• Managed two-person team; organized develop schedule; controlled system risk and quality of system
• Designed hardware system that connect Raspberry Pi and laser pointer to robotic arm,
• Programmed arm movement algorithm to prevent hardware damage; developed close-loop control in system
Learn much communication skills
Assistant Banking Analyst (Former Employee), C09January 27, 2015
 Conducted Foreign Exchange and overseas remittance services to customers
 Conducted some intermediate business such as collecting the bill of water, electricity and telephone.
excellent experience and obtain fun and new insight
Assistant Loans Manager (Former Employee), C02January 20, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers, comfortable time schedule
Cons: short summer internship
I assisted my loan manager to complete 5 large private firms annual credit worthiness reports. My part is based on the annual financial statement to compute the financial ratio and then give a objective health and operational analysis. In addition, I accompanied my loan manager visiting the firms that we plan to evaluate, enquiring firms' operation and financial conditions, exchange thoughts and come up with a future prospect. during the conversation, I would take the notes and forth integrate into the annual report.
Top Bank in China
Intern, Product (Former Employee), Suzhou ChinaJanuary 11, 2015
As an intern in one of the 4 top banks in China, I learned a lot from my manager and colleges. My job is to handle some supply-chain loan project and do the modeling job for online auto detective system, which is totally new products in China.
Productive and fun place
Manager Assistant (Former Employee), ShenzhenJanuary 5, 2015
Compensation and work life balance is alright, the skill set I learned is incredible.
It is OK
International Settlements Department Summer Intern (Former Employee), ChangshaDecember 30, 2014
Good pay, but long hours. You are limited to learn stuff from your own department. Not a family friendly job.

Very decent breakfast.
Short-term But Fulfilling Work
Summer Intern, Credit Department (Former Employee), Longyan, FujianDecember 3, 2014
The three month length summer intern gave me the first platform stepping into the society. The experience of learning the working in the credit department is unforgettable. It gave me the opportunity to learn the differences between the school knowledge and actual working. I learned that one's responsibility of the work is very important since the business is complex, a small mistake could result in a big loss for the bank. During the internship, the spirit of team-work inspired me a lot. Everyone shows his professional and innovative attitude to the work and fully work with the dedication. I want to say thank you to my manager and co-wokers for their encouragement and selfless help.
typical chinese working environment
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 16, 2014
is not employee oriented. lack of promotion opportunities.
Excellent experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), C04November 6, 2014
• Handled cash transactions and cash reconciliation at the end of shift
• Provided outstanding customer service
• Provided financial advisory services
• Checked deposits, processed loan expenses and opened new accounts
• Worked closely with the manager to ensure operation excellence
Largest stated-owned bank
Intern (Former Employee), Qingdao, ChinaOctober 14, 2014
Assistant with daily email drafting, mail delivering, and weekly reports.
Assistant with data entry and error checks.
Passionate working colleagues
Intern / International Clearance (Former Employee), MianyangOctober 9, 2014
Learnt useful modeling skills in practice.
Strengthened my ability to cooperate with teammates.
Outstanding opportunities for personal training and improvement
Business Development Intern (Former Employee), TangshanSeptember 13, 2014
Great culture with clear responsibilities and chain of command
Provide unlimited personal improvement opportunities, which goes beyond daily work skill needed
Offer stable career life
Risk Manager (Former Employee), C07August 28, 2014
A typical day at work starts at 8:00 am and ends at 5:00 pm with a two-hour break during noon between 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. The intensity of the workload varies depending on the departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is to get to know new clients and to learn new knowledge and skills. The hardest part of the job is to balance between clients' requests and the bank's limits.
Fun working place where employees get along well
Intern, Division of Corporate Banking (Former Employee), C09August 25, 2014
Co-workers are like families. Senior colleagues are always patient to teach new comers. Great working environment.