Bank of China Employee Reviews

Working as a Intern in Bank of China is a rewarding experience for me.
Rotational Intern (Former Employee) –  ChengduSeptember 8, 2016
It's a great opportunity for me to be accepted by Bank of China of their rotational internship program. I worked in a team of 6 in Risk Management Department for 9 weeks and rotated to Human Resources Department for 2 weeks. My job mainly was to help our team evaluate the risk level of the companies that applied for the loans. We inspected the reports of the companies and paid trips to those companies to talk to their management. My teammates were nice to me. They were so kind when I turn to them for help. The hardest part was the heavy workload but I also enjoyed it because it was more like a challenge rather than work to me. And I love challenges.
Pros
company cultures, leadership
Cons
heavy workload
The biggest governmental bank in china and really great experience to work there
Customer Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Guan Nan, Lian Yun Gang, Jiangsu, ChinaOctober 26, 2016
For each customer service internship group member, BOC give us great chance to build up our own ideas about improving our customer experience level. I really appreciate that the bank of china care about each employee's ideas. We usually have a group meeting at Friday night after work and we can communicate and exchange our opinions during the whole week working experience.
This internship helps me easily to build up great relationship with clients and group members. Each of us will have some specific clients that we need to follow up and give them the phone call periodically. And we also be responsible for our e-bank promotion and advertising. Sometimes the clients specific requests and misunderstand will give us a little bit pressure when dealing with them. However there always be one supervisor that we can ask for help and tutoring.
Productive and fun place
Assistant Manager, Risk Analysis and Management (Former Employee) –  长沙市October 24, 2016
Extensively analyzed business models and market economic indicators to recommend appropriate loan amount and loan options to clients; Results were compiled into business report that was shared with 9 senior managers
Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs
internship (Former Employee) –  衢州市June 30, 2016
• Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs
• Inform customers of procedures for applying for services such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit
• Answer customer’s questions, and explain available services such as deposit accounts, bonds, and securities
smooth work environment
Account management assistant (Former Employee) –  佛山市August 21, 2016
help manager put in customer's basic data, create personal profile and prepare it for manager.

get to know the procedure and some basic financial products
Pros
specific work in detail, get to know the procedure
Cons
limited access, limited experience
Great bank with a lot of opportunities
Compliance Senior Manager / BSA Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
Good location with Bryant Park view
A lot of opportunities especially in regulatory compliance and risk management area
Good culture and talented coworkers
Hours is good
Focus on the global real exchange rate everyday
MANAGER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  CHINAOctober 22, 2016
Collaborated with department of International Settlements manager entrusted by clients for sale of goods, international lending, balance account and other service.
Good place for beginners
Associate, Corporate Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
good life/work balance.
nice coworkers
good job stability

reluctant for improvement
lack of automation
limited career advancement

pay not good
benefit ok
Its a good start for students who just graduate
Financial Client Manager (Former Employee) –  西宁市September 19, 2016
I learned basic banking knowledge in BOC, co-workers were very nice there, anyone could be my teacher. the working environment is also nice.
lots of experience to learn
Internship (Former Employee) –  金华市September 12, 2016
• Provided advice for customers, including accounting, credit card and signing agreements

• Explained government policies at the end of 2008 to customers
good working environment
Finance intern (Former Employee) –  青岛市September 7, 2016
I do the basic stuff during the internship, like copy and print paper, organize files, and input and record data. The work needs you to be careful and patient.
suitable for entry-level job seekers
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  孝感市July 6, 2016
You will be trained before getting start to work. You can learn a lot from the experience. The tasks as an intern are not too difficult, suitable for entry-level job seekers.
Nice working environment and staffs
Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  太原市September 18, 2016
I am very glad to recommend to work the Bank of China. Bank of China is a famous bank in the world, in particularly, at China.
a good place for people who like banking industry
Researcher in Risk Control Department (Former Employee) –  suzhou,chinaApril 7, 2016
BOC is one the biggest banks in China and all the working system is organized. However, sometimes it lacks innovation. C-level people care about basic employees and they always help them with work.
Pros
organized system, good working environment
Cons
short breaks
good place for work
Vice President, American Syndicated Loan Center (Current Employee) –  China, NYJuly 28, 2016
great place to work. great environment. good pay and good bonus. bonus is not deferred. great place to gather experience.
Excellent place for gather communication experience
Small Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  KuiTun, CNApril 3, 2016
Everyday, you will meet a lot of people who wants to loan. But only about half of them can get loan. Sometimes, it is hard to say no to some people. But the rules are rules. I still need to find something to refusing the loan because they cannot achieve the requirements.
good place to work
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Xi'an, ChinaAugust 28, 2016
A fun place to learn, better working environment to work and study. Need to deal with how to communicate with other people.
nice
Intern, Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  晋城市June 23, 2016
I worked for 5 days a week. Serving as an intern in the bank of China provides an opportunity for me to improve my interpersonal skills. And I find
Good
Financial Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  ChinaMay 18, 2016
Well organize place to work. Productive, honorable people and hard workers. Friendly workers and students.Learned a lot of policies. The benefits are great.
Communication and Leadership Skill
Retail Banking (Intern) (Former Employee) –  ChinAJanuary 3, 2016
I have a demonstrated record of effectively communicating and negotiating with other functional teams as well as clients. Furthermore, as a project leader, I organized weekly meetings and presented important findings and strategic recommendations to senior management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of China. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4