Bank of China Employee Reviews

Its a good start for students who just graduate
Financial Client Manager (Former Employee) –  西宁市September 19, 2016
I learned basic banking knowledge in BOC, co-workers were very nice there, anyone could be my teacher. the working environment is also nice.
Nice working environment and staffs
Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  太原市September 18, 2016
I am very glad to recommend to work the Bank of China. Bank of China is a famous bank in the world, in particularly, at China.
lots of experience to learn
Internship (Former Employee) –  金华市September 12, 2016
• Provided advice for customers, including accounting, credit card and signing agreements

• Explained government policies at the end of 2008 to customers
Working as a Intern in Bank of China is a rewarding experience for me.
Rotational Intern (Former Employee) –  ChengduSeptember 8, 2016
It's a great opportunity for me to be accepted by Bank of China of their rotational internship program. I worked in a team of 6 in Risk Management Department for 9 weeks and rotated to Human Resources Department for 2 weeks. My job mainly was to help our team evaluate the risk level of the companies that applied for the loans. We inspected the reports of the companies and paid trips to those companies to talk to their management. My teammates were nice to me. They were so kind when I turn to them for help. The hardest part was the heavy workload but I also enjoyed it because it was more like a challenge rather than work to me. And I love challenges.
Pros
company cultures, leadership
Cons
heavy workload
good working environment
Finance intern (Former Employee) –  青岛市September 7, 2016
I do the basic stuff during the internship, like copy and print paper, organize files, and input and record data. The work needs you to be careful and patient.
good place to work
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Xi'an, ChinaAugust 28, 2016
A fun place to learn, better working environment to work and study. Need to deal with how to communicate with other people.
smooth work environment
Account management assistant (Former Employee) –  佛山市August 21, 2016
help manager put in customer's basic data, create personal profile and prepare it for manager.

get to know the procedure and some basic financial products
Pros
specific work in detail, get to know the procedure
Cons
limited access, limited experience
good place for work
Vice President, American Syndicated Loan Center (Current Employee) –  China, NYJuly 28, 2016
great place to work. great environment. good pay and good bonus. bonus is not deferred. great place to gather experience.
suitable for entry-level job seekers
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  孝感市July 6, 2016
You will be trained before getting start to work. You can learn a lot from the experience. The tasks as an intern are not too difficult, suitable for entry-level job seekers.
Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs
internship (Former Employee) –  衢州市June 30, 2016
• Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs
• Inform customers of procedures for applying for services such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit
• Answer customer’s questions, and explain available services such as deposit accounts, bonds, and securities
nice
Intern, Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  晋城市June 23, 2016
I worked for 5 days a week. Serving as an intern in the bank of China provides an opportunity for me to improve my interpersonal skills. And I find
Good
Financial Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  ChinaMay 18, 2016
Well organize place to work. Productive, honorable people and hard workers. Friendly workers and students.Learned a lot of policies. The benefits are great.
a good place for people who like banking industry
Researcher in Risk Control Department (Former Employee) –  suzhou,chinaApril 7, 2016
BOC is one the biggest banks in China and all the working system is organized. However, sometimes it lacks innovation. C-level people care about basic employees and they always help them with work.
Pros
organized system, good working environment
Cons
short breaks
Excellent place for gather communication experience
Small Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  KuiTun, CNApril 3, 2016
Everyday, you will meet a lot of people who wants to loan. But only about half of them can get loan. Sometimes, it is hard to say no to some people. But the rules are rules. I still need to find something to refusing the loan because they cannot achieve the requirements.
Company with reputation
Assistant Intern, Personal Finance Ministry (Former Employee) –  Dalian, CHINAJanuary 26, 2016
coworkers are friendly and willing to teach everything. BOC has a hierarchy culture and rigorous system to track work of each unit.
A perfect place to get to know international business
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zhengzhou, ChinaJanuary 23, 2016
My typical work in Bank of China was to track foreign exchange rates, provide consulting services to clients, and process international wireless transfer. From this job, I learned the operating system of banks and the working principles of international business. My co-workers were all experienced and skillful with several years experiences and they were all willing to help me with any technical problems. The separation of duties were very clear and efficient. For example, everyone was on a daily shift to get familiar with all the services the bank provided. Any position had a backup employee in case of emergency.

As an intern, the hardest part of this job was to get familiar with all the services the bank provided; there were many things to learn in a short period. Also, the bank serves over thousands of clients every day in China; I was required to totally understand the needs of each customer and do the quickest and most accurate response. I felt stressful because time was short and workload was heavy. However, I enjoyed my job very much. For one reason, I learned a lot about the international business; for another reason, I mastered skills of serving and solving problems and complaints of different customers. I am very confident with my social skills now.
Pros
Free lunch, meet different people, learn technical skills
Cons
too busy
Communication and Leadership Skill
Retail Banking (Intern) (Former Employee) –  ChinAJanuary 3, 2016
I have a demonstrated record of effectively communicating and negotiating with other functional teams as well as clients. Furthermore, as a project leader, I organized weekly meetings and presented important findings and strategic recommendations to senior management.
a typical day at work
Intern (Former Employee) –  C26November 19, 2015
Employers are friendly and helpful. Most of the colleagues there are willing to work with and help new comers. A place where you can learn a lot.
good
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Finance InternNovember 9, 2015
a good company, I worked here and really leaned something about accounting and finance.

The supervisor was also very nice and helpful
Fun place with team atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management and team members. Learned critical tasks such as analyzing financial statements to eyeball companies. Small but growing client base.
Pros
Responsive management, learn critical skills, team atmosphere
Cons
Small client base, lots of red tape

4.4