Bank of China

Bank of China Employer Reviews

comfortable and easy work environment
Intern (Former Employee), C04February 19, 2015
Familiar with main economic activities of financial institution; mastered the bank accounting practice systematically under the leadership of the responsible person Coordinated with another intern to conduct institution credit code certificate; registered and maintained these certificates; responded to clients’ inquiries
Learnt basic business and process of the business department; searched and collected clients information; report daily work content to the manager
Excellent Company
Database Management Intern (Former Employee), Xi' an, Shaanxi, ChianFebruary 11, 2015
Designed, developed and tested “Hengqian Education Resource Library Software” to realize education
resource management and sharing among several education organizations using C++ within a team
Designed and implemented the database for the software to handle the data persistence in SQL Server
Nice people working here
Summer Internship (Former Employee), Xuzhou, ChinaJanuary 29, 2015
• Managed two-person team; organized develop schedule; controlled system risk and quality of system
• Designed hardware system that connect Raspberry Pi and laser pointer to robotic arm,
• Programmed arm movement algorithm to prevent hardware damage; developed close-loop control in system
Learn much communication skills
Assistant Banking Analyst (Former Employee), C09January 27, 2015
 Conducted Foreign Exchange and overseas remittance services to customers
 Conducted some intermediate business such as collecting the bill of water, electricity and telephone.
excellent experience and obtain fun and new insight
Assistant Loans Manager (Former Employee), C02January 20, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers, comfortable time schedule
Cons: short summer internship
I assisted my loan manager to complete 5 large private firms annual credit worthiness reports. My part is based on the annual financial statement to compute the financial ratio and then give a objective health and operational analysis. In addition, I accompanied my loan manager visiting the firms that we plan to evaluate, enquiring firms' operation and financial conditions, exchange thoughts and come up with a future prospect. during the conversation, I would take the notes and forth integrate into the annual report.
Top Bank in China
Intern, Product (Former Employee), Suzhou ChinaJanuary 11, 2015
As an intern in one of the 4 top banks in China, I learned a lot from my manager and colleges. My job is to handle some supply-chain loan project and do the modeling job for online auto detective system, which is totally new products in China.
Productive and fun place
Manager Assistant (Former Employee), ShenzhenJanuary 5, 2015
Compensation and work life balance is alright, the skill set I learned is incredible.
It is OK
International Settlements Department Summer Intern (Former Employee), ChangshaDecember 30, 2014
Good pay, but long hours. You are limited to learn stuff from your own department. Not a family friendly job.

Very decent breakfast.
Short-term But Fulfilling Work
Summer Intern, Credit Department (Former Employee), Longyan, FujianDecember 3, 2014
The three month length summer intern gave me the first platform stepping into the society. The experience of learning the working in the credit department is unforgettable. It gave me the opportunity to learn the differences between the school knowledge and actual working. I learned that one's responsibility of the work is very important since the business is complex, a small mistake could result in a big loss for the bank. During the internship, the spirit of team-work inspired me a lot. Everyone shows his professional and innovative attitude to the work and fully work with the dedication. I want to say thank you to my manager and co-wokers for their encouragement and selfless help.
typical chinese working environment
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 16, 2014
is not employee oriented. lack of promotion opportunities.
Excellent experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), C04November 6, 2014
• Handled cash transactions and cash reconciliation at the end of shift
• Provided outstanding customer service
• Provided financial advisory services
• Checked deposits, processed loan expenses and opened new accounts
• Worked closely with the manager to ensure operation excellence
Largest stated-owned bank
Intern (Former Employee), Qingdao, ChinaOctober 14, 2014
Assistant with daily email drafting, mail delivering, and weekly reports.
Assistant with data entry and error checks.
Passionate working colleagues
Intern / International Clearance (Former Employee), MianyangOctober 9, 2014
Learnt useful modeling skills in practice.
Strengthened my ability to cooperate with teammates.
Outstanding opportunities for personal training and improvement
Business Development Intern (Former Employee), TangshanSeptember 13, 2014
Great culture with clear responsibilities and chain of command
Provide unlimited personal improvement opportunities, which goes beyond daily work skill needed
Offer stable career life
Risk Manager (Former Employee), C07August 28, 2014
A typical day at work starts at 8:00 am and ends at 5:00 pm with a two-hour break during noon between 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. The intensity of the workload varies depending on the departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is to get to know new clients and to learn new knowledge and skills. The hardest part of the job is to balance between clients' requests and the bank's limits.
Fun working place where employees get along well
Intern, Division of Corporate Banking (Former Employee), C09August 25, 2014
Co-workers are like families. Senior colleagues are always patient to teach new comers. Great working environment.
IT Security job
IT Security Officer, Manhattan (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Positive and good culture. IT Security Job. Security Officer. Planning.
Good place for working
Corporate Client Manager (Former Employee), C09July 25, 2014
Working in Bank of China is a wonderful experience with my communication and leadership skills
Fun workplace
Compliance Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2014
Very flexible work time, co-workers are super nice and helpful, everytime when I have a question or need help, they are always there and ready to help.
productive and amazing work experience
Business Department Assistant (Former Employee), Dalian, ChinaJune 23, 2014
• Persuaded department heads from Dalian Medical University to open settlement accounts by highlighting the strengths of our product
• Collaborated with team members and a professional manager to develop a digital campus ID and payment card for Dalian Medical University
• Served clients through telephone and e-mail to keep in touch with their needs

1 2 3

About Bank of China

Bank of China Limited (BOC), one of the big four state-owned commercial banks of the People's Republic of China, is China's oldest – Read more