Bank of China Employee Reviews in United States

smooth work environment
Account management assistant (Former Employee) –  佛山市August 21, 2016
help manager put in customer's basic data, create personal profile and prepare it for manager.

get to know the procedure and some basic financial products
Pros
specific work in detail, get to know the procedure
Cons
limited access, limited experience
good place for work
Vice President, American Syndicated Loan Center (Current Employee) –  China, NYJuly 28, 2016
great place to work. great environment. good pay and good bonus. bonus is not deferred. great place to gather experience.
suitable for entry-level job seekers
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  孝感市July 6, 2016
You will be trained before getting start to work. You can learn a lot from the experience. The tasks as an intern are not too difficult, suitable for entry-level job seekers.
Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs
internship (Former Employee) –  衢州市June 30, 2016
• Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs
• Inform customers of procedures for applying for services such as ATM cards, direct deposit of checks, and certificates of deposit
• Answer customer’s questions, and explain available services such as deposit accounts, bonds, and securities
nice
Intern, Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  晋城市June 23, 2016
I worked for 5 days a week. Serving as an intern in the bank of China provides an opportunity for me to improve my interpersonal skills. And I find
Good
Financial Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  ChinaMay 18, 2016
Well organize place to work. Productive, honorable people and hard workers. Friendly workers and students.Learned a lot of policies. The benefits are great.
a good place for people who like banking industry
Researcher in Risk Control Department (Former Employee) –  suzhou,chinaApril 7, 2016
BOC is one the biggest banks in China and all the working system is organized. However, sometimes it lacks innovation. C-level people care about basic employees and they always help them with work.
Pros
organized system, good working environment
Cons
short breaks
Excellent place for gather communication experience
Small Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  KuiTun, CNApril 3, 2016
Everyday, you will meet a lot of people who wants to loan. But only about half of them can get loan. Sometimes, it is hard to say no to some people. But the rules are rules. I still need to find something to refusing the loan because they cannot achieve the requirements.
Company with reputation
Assistant Intern, Personal Finance Ministry (Former Employee) –  Dalian, CHINAJanuary 26, 2016
coworkers are friendly and willing to teach everything. BOC has a hierarchy culture and rigorous system to track work of each unit.
A perfect place to get to know international business
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zhengzhou, ChinaJanuary 23, 2016
My typical work in Bank of China was to track foreign exchange rates, provide consulting services to clients, and process international wireless transfer. From this job, I learned the operating system of banks and the working principles of international business. My co-workers were all experienced and skillful with several years experiences and they were all willing to help me with any technical problems. The separation of duties were very clear and efficient. For example, everyone was on a daily shift to get familiar with all the services the bank provided. Any position had a backup employee in case of emergency.

As an intern, the hardest part of this job was to get familiar with all the services the bank provided; there were many things to learn in a short period. Also, the bank serves over thousands of clients every day in China; I was required to totally understand the needs of each customer and do the quickest and most accurate response. I felt stressful because time was short and workload was heavy. However, I enjoyed my job very much. For one reason, I learned a lot about the international business; for another reason, I mastered skills of serving and solving problems and complaints of different customers. I am very confident with my social skills now.
Pros
Free lunch, meet different people, learn technical skills
Cons
too busy
Communication and Leadership Skill
Retail Banking (Intern) (Former Employee) –  ChinAJanuary 3, 2016
I have a demonstrated record of effectively communicating and negotiating with other functional teams as well as clients. Furthermore, as a project leader, I organized weekly meetings and presented important findings and strategic recommendations to senior management.
a typical day at work
Intern (Former Employee) –  C26November 19, 2015
Employers are friendly and helpful. Most of the colleagues there are willing to work with and help new comers. A place where you can learn a lot.
good
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Finance InternNovember 9, 2015
a good company, I worked here and really leaned something about accounting and finance.

The supervisor was also very nice and helpful
Fun place with team atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management and team members. Learned critical tasks such as analyzing financial statements to eyeball companies. Small but growing client base.
Pros
Responsive management, learn critical skills, team atmosphere
Cons
Small client base, lots of red tape
5 years of software engineer experience.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bei Jing, C22September 1, 2015
 Work as C Developer, provide technical documents and support testing on projects for Bank of China, such as Global Cash Management System (GCMS) from Ver3.0 to Ver5.0.
 Work as a group leader, Design and develop the part of account management.
 Train new employees and trainees.
 Provide on-site technical support from Front-End side to Back-End side during implementation of Global Cash Management System from Ver3.0 to Ver5.0 project.
 Participate Requirement Discussion and provide solutions during Global Cash Management System for Bank of China.
working in a friendly work environment
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2015
As an intern, I mainly assisted auditor to conduct anti-money laundry audit, and translate the project report. During this internship, I learned how to perform internal audit in a commercial bank, and which section is significant for a bank. Besides, I learned how to plan and write the report and other relevant work paper. Bank of China has a quite friendly work environment. All of my co-workers and manager are friendly to each other. It was like I was working with a big family. Although it was busy season when I worked there, I really enjoyed and fortunately I did all works well. In conclusion, I love worked there because I was able to learn and practice in my daily work.
workhard place
International Clerical Analyst (Former Employee) –  C30May 21, 2015
• Explanation of Financial statements to customers.
• Directing Customer to enhanced banking services.
• Attained skills and knowledge in different areas of the company such as Investment, Financial services
• Assist customers with wealth and financial management planning.
• Develop strategies for customers regarding exchange rates in their business and financial dealings.
• Conduct training and supervision of internship students to assist in their transition into the banking industry.
The division of labour is clear-cut, each one being charged with specific responsibilities.
Graduation Practice (Former Employee) –  ZhenjingApril 7, 2015
Verified whether the exporter’s documents conformed to the L/C
Handled international remittance settlement and L/C settlement
comfortable and easy work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  C04February 19, 2015
Familiar with main economic activities of financial institution; mastered the bank accounting practice systematically under the leadership of the responsible person Coordinated with another intern to conduct institution credit code certificate; registered and maintained these certificates; responded to clients’ inquiries
Learnt basic business and process of the business department; searched and collected clients information; report daily work content to the manager
Excellent Company
Database Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Xi' an, Shaanxi, ChianFebruary 11, 2015
Designed, developed and tested “Hengqian Education Resource Library Software” to realize education
resource management and sharing among several education organizations using C++ within a team
Designed and implemented the database for the software to handle the data persistence in SQL Server

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of China. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4