Bank of China Employee Reviews

Company with reputation
Assistant Intern, Personal Finance Ministry (Former Employee) –  Dalian, CHINAJanuary 26, 2016
coworkers are friendly and willing to teach everything. BOC has a hierarchy culture and rigorous system to track work of each unit.
A perfect place to get to know international business
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zhengzhou, ChinaJanuary 23, 2016
My typical work in Bank of China was to track foreign exchange rates, provide consulting services to clients, and process international wireless transfer. From this job, I learned the operating system of banks and the working principles of international business. My co-workers were all experienced and skillful with several years experiences and they were all willing to help me with any technical problems. The separation of duties were very clear and efficient. For example, everyone was on a daily shift to get familiar with all the services the bank provided. Any position had a backup employee in case of emergency.

As an intern, the hardest part of this job was to get familiar with all the services the bank provided; there were many things to learn in a short period. Also, the bank serves over thousands of clients every day in China; I was required to totally understand the needs of each customer and do the quickest and most accurate response. I felt stressful because time was short and workload was heavy. However, I enjoyed my job very much. For one reason, I learned a lot about the international business; for another reason, I mastered skills of serving and solving problems and complaints of different customers. I am very confident with my social skills now.
Pros
Free lunch, meet different people, learn technical skills
Cons
too busy
Communication and Leadership Skill
Retail Banking (Intern) (Former Employee) –  ChinAJanuary 3, 2016
I have a demonstrated record of effectively communicating and negotiating with other functional teams as well as clients. Furthermore, as a project leader, I organized weekly meetings and presented important findings and strategic recommendations to senior management.
a typical day at work
Intern (Former Employee) –  C26November 19, 2015
Employers are friendly and helpful. Most of the colleagues there are willing to work with and help new comers. A place where you can learn a lot.
good
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Finance InternNovember 9, 2015
a good company, I worked here and really leaned something about accounting and finance.

The supervisor was also very nice and helpful
Fun place with team atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management and team members. Learned critical tasks such as analyzing financial statements to eyeball companies. Small but growing client base.
Pros
Responsive management, learn critical skills, team atmosphere
Cons
Small client base, lots of red tape
5 years of software engineer experience.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bei Jing, C22September 1, 2015
 Work as C Developer, provide technical documents and support testing on projects for Bank of China, such as Global Cash Management System (GCMS) from Ver3.0 to Ver5.0.
 Work as a group leader, Design and develop the part of account management.
 Train new employees and trainees.
 Provide on-site technical support from Front-End side to Back-End side during implementation of Global Cash Management System from Ver3.0 to Ver5.0 project.
 Participate Requirement Discussion and provide solutions during Global Cash Management System for Bank of China.
working in a friendly work environment
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2015
As an intern, I mainly assisted auditor to conduct anti-money laundry audit, and translate the project report. During this internship, I learned how to perform internal audit in a commercial bank, and which section is significant for a bank. Besides, I learned how to plan and write the report and other relevant work paper. Bank of China has a quite friendly work environment. All of my co-workers and manager are friendly to each other. It was like I was working with a big family. Although it was busy season when I worked there, I really enjoyed and fortunately I did all works well. In conclusion, I love worked there because I was able to learn and practice in my daily work.
workhard place
International Clerical Analyst (Former Employee) –  C30May 21, 2015
• Explanation of Financial statements to customers.
• Directing Customer to enhanced banking services.
• Attained skills and knowledge in different areas of the company such as Investment, Financial services
• Assist customers with wealth and financial management planning.
• Develop strategies for customers regarding exchange rates in their business and financial dealings.
• Conduct training and supervision of internship students to assist in their transition into the banking industry.
The division of labour is clear-cut, each one being charged with specific responsibilities.
Graduation Practice (Former Employee) –  ZhenjingApril 7, 2015
Verified whether the exporter’s documents conformed to the L/C
Handled international remittance settlement and L/C settlement
comfortable and easy work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  C04February 19, 2015
Familiar with main economic activities of financial institution; mastered the bank accounting practice systematically under the leadership of the responsible person Coordinated with another intern to conduct institution credit code certificate; registered and maintained these certificates; responded to clients’ inquiries
Learnt basic business and process of the business department; searched and collected clients information; report daily work content to the manager
Excellent Company
Database Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Xi' an, Shaanxi, ChianFebruary 11, 2015
Designed, developed and tested “Hengqian Education Resource Library Software” to realize education
resource management and sharing among several education organizations using C++ within a team
Designed and implemented the database for the software to handle the data persistence in SQL Server
Nice people working here
Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  Xuzhou, ChinaJanuary 29, 2015
• Managed two-person team; organized develop schedule; controlled system risk and quality of system
• Designed hardware system that connect Raspberry Pi and laser pointer to robotic arm,
• Programmed arm movement algorithm to prevent hardware damage; developed close-loop control in system
Learn much communication skills
Assistant Banking Analyst (Former Employee) –  C09January 27, 2015
 Conducted Foreign Exchange and overseas remittance services to customers
 Conducted some intermediate business such as collecting the bill of water, electricity and telephone.
excellent experience and obtain fun and new insight
Assistant Loans Manager (Former Employee) –  C02January 20, 2015
I assisted my loan manager to complete 5 large private firms annual credit worthiness reports. My part is based on the annual financial statement to compute the financial ratio and then give a objective health and operational analysis. In addition, I accompanied my loan manager visiting the firms that we plan to evaluate, enquiring firms' operation and financial conditions, exchange thoughts and come up with a future prospect. during the conversation, I would take the notes and forth integrate into the annual report.
Pros
nice co-workers, comfortable time schedule
Cons
short summer internship
Top Bank in China
Intern, Product (Former Employee) –  Suzhou ChinaJanuary 11, 2015
As an intern in one of the 4 top banks in China, I learned a lot from my manager and colleges. My job is to handle some supply-chain loan project and do the modeling job for online auto detective system, which is totally new products in China.
Productive and fun place
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  ShenzhenJanuary 5, 2015
Compensation and work life balance is alright, the skill set I learned is incredible.
It is OK
International Settlements Department Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  ChangshaDecember 30, 2014
Good pay, but long hours. You are limited to learn stuff from your own department. Not a family friendly job.

Very decent breakfast.
Short-term But Fulfilling Work
Summer Intern, Credit Department (Former Employee) –  Longyan, FujianDecember 3, 2014
The three month length summer intern gave me the first platform stepping into the society. The experience of learning the working in the credit department is unforgettable. It gave me the opportunity to learn the differences between the school knowledge and actual working. I learned that one's responsibility of the work is very important since the business is complex, a small mistake could result in a big loss for the bank. During the internship, the spirit of team-work inspired me a lot. Everyone shows his professional and innovative attitude to the work and fully work with the dedication. I want to say thank you to my manager and co-wokers for their encouragement and selfless help.
typical chinese working environment
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2014
is not employee oriented. lack of promotion opportunities.

4.4